HearUSA Employee Reviews

No Promotion if you work at a center.
Regional Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 17, 2018
No place to advance up to if you work in the field. Training for health providers are mentioned when hired. But the reality is only the 'pets' of management are able to be trained for a Hearing Specialist program.
Pros
Keurig coffee makers, normal hours (M-F, 830-5), health benefits
Cons
Health benefits are expensive, monthly goals are almost always out of reach.
Ok company to work for at times.
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 30, 2018
I've worked 2 1/2 years with this company. You never know what to expect with this current regin. Here today gone tomorrow. It's very stressful at times. Management don't work together. They enjoy turning employees against each other. No one to assist with employees issues. HR for the managers not the employees
Pros
Paycheck every two weeks
Cons
Poor management
Co-workers were great
Audiologist (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 23, 2018
My experience with management was not the best. There was a lot of turnover and positions were terminated without replacements.
A typical day involved patient interaction with diagnostics followed usually with hearing aid fittings. Sales were emphasized over patient quality of care.
Pros
good continuing education opportunities
Cons
Poor management
Great place for providing care for patients
Office Manager/Hearing Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2018
Was able to work with patients that I had been working with for a long time prior. Due to the new company the management of the offices was at time limited.
Productive and busy
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2018
On a daily basis I check the messages then quickly return the calls. From about 8:45 am the phone starts ringing, I make sure the charts for that day have been pulled and set up. The new patients have to come in prepared with the proper paperwork to proceed to the appointment. Assist patients with filling out the paperwork. Check and put together patients charts in order to file them away. Help patients with any problems with their hearing aids.

I was able to learn how to use CMS, enhance my Microsoft Office skills, verify insurances, place orders for the center to Aramark, Office Depot for supplies. Overnight packages through UPS. Scan paperwork efax using Fuze.com.

Team work in the centers.
The hardest part of the job not being able to communicate with the patient because of the language barrier.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when we can all sit down and laugh together.
high volume with unattainable goals
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 20, 2018
High volume with unattainable goals. There is a high turnover rate. No accountability for departments that do not perform. They do not have a very good work/life balance.
Fast paced and competitive
Area Manager (Southwest Region) (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Salary and benefits are great they offer 401K medical and dental. It is a great company to grow your knowledge in the medical field. You get daily gratification in helping people hear better.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Dc
Stuck
Dispensing Audiologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
If you want to work for a company where you're stuck with no possibility to grow and management that can't seem to do much, you've found your place. Great job for someone who just needs a paycheck but not if you'd like to be challenged and grow.
Audiologist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 1, 2017
My experience with this company has been a positive one. They have good patient care and are centered on helping people hear better through good quality service.
Productive and detailed learning about the insurance claim process
Insurance claim specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 20, 2017
I learned a great deal about insurance claims how to fill out documents and how to request monies owed.
The hardest part of the job is learning each insurance companies process which can be very different from another companies.

A typical day at work is being on the phone speaking to various insurance companies in regards to outstanding claim that need to be paid. Sometimes one call can last 1-hour depending on the issue at hand.
Fine place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yale, MIMarch 14, 2017
Management is fair, A lot to learn, lean staffing, enjoy patients. Management such as area managers work very hard and long hours, were very accessible.
Pros
fair pay, good mgmt
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TampaJanuary 10, 2017
Learn what a busy office is like.
Learning different types of insurances
Great coworkers.
It's always a pleasure working in such a busy environment.
PCC at HearuSA
Patient Care Coordinator/ Hearing Aid (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2016
Generally a good job, not too much upward mobility. Managers are hired from outside of the company. Many different locations
High job responsibility no training low wages
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everywhere USAMay 14, 2016
The job is challenging, has high demands, great customers, disgustingly low pay. Hearusa pays the little guys pennies while they rake in high dollars for themselves. When you get hired they don't tell you that you will be a single employee doing the work of 3 employees. They expect the world from you but give nothing back. Selling is what is most important to the upper management and you receive no support or training. Happy to no longer be there and working for a competitor who hires the proper amount of employees for the job, excellent training and recognizes employees with better compensation.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
No support, no training, low pay and insufficient raises.
Fast pace and energetic atmosphere.
Network Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 8, 2016
I find working at HearUSA a very interesting and enjoyable place to work. It offers new challenges on a daily basis. You feel a sense of reward to assist people with meeting their hearing loss needs.
Enjoyable work environment
Patient Care Coordinator / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be to stock up coffee and water if needed, set out patient files that had appointments that day, listen to voicemail's and return phone calls, patients would come in for hearing aid cleaning or if they have a defective hearing aid that needed to go out for repair I would complete an order form and verify that it is still under warranty, and I would also get patient files for those who have an appointment the next day ready and called to confirm appointments.
Good company to work for with advancement opportunities
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke PinesJune 25, 2015
I started out as a front office staff employee and ended up furthering my education and became a Board Certified Hearing aid specialist. I love customer service/ healthcare type positions.
Pros
Working with people
Ok
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhJanuary 2, 2015
Just ok working here, good people but not what I expected. Wish i made more money and was promoted quicker.
Overall a great company to work for
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 24, 2014
Call Center Supervisor
Managing the Floor
Resolve Escalated calls
Reports
Patients made it worth coming to work everyday.
PCC (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 26, 2013
Hardest part of the job was being the only person and being able to take a lunch. Sometimes I was not able to eat because we were busy and there was no one to help me. I like being able to be my own person with little to no supervision but everyone needs a break.