HEB

HEB Employee Reviews

Found 7,587 reviews matching the search
Featured review
HEB selected this as a representative review
A typical day for me at HEB spans many different systems and even groups. I was hired as a Sharepoint Developer, but have since branched out to helping with Tibco, PeopleSoft, SalesForce and even into helping business users understand how technology can help them
Pros
good culture, great people
Cons
extremely busy
Better job for first timers or old timers. Other than that not worth sticking around. #1 issue H‑E‑B lacks is communication. If you were to ever miss a day of work don’t expect them to acknowledge it for awhile. Keep track of your own sick days because they’ll wait til the last minute to tell you! Discount is CHEAP AF 10% off H‑E‑B brand items which is like 30% of what people would actually buy. Not to mention most H‑E‑B brand snacks and assorted items suck!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lacks communication, cheap discount, random work hours, no reliable hours
Bad bad bad I was fired for a stupid reason and never appreciated! No matter what I did for the company I got nothing in return. Dedicated my self for so long and always had a passion for working. Very rude management iny store.
Good company store management does not allow for work life balance. Good place for advancement if mentored correctly. Was looking to retire from company.
I love my management team, my coworkers, and the overall culture of HEB. I feel like the pay is competitive for this industry and the healthcare benefits blow other companies out of the water. The only downside is that I work at an extremely busy store with a constant influx of customers and often feel completely burned out at the end of the day.
Pros
Decent pay/benefits, management makes you feel appreciated
Cons
Entitled customers, very fast paced store with little to no down time
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
They don’t want excuses just results. Repetitive work but manageable Hard to hit incentives due to constant outs and waiting on product Always fighting to beat other people on building ur work orders
Pros
Awesome pay and it as much you want
Cons
Got to meet % goal no excuse
Everyone in my curbside department was friendly, helpful, and encouraging. Some people from other departments maybe not be as helpful or brush you off.
I’m proud to work at HEB. There are many opportunities available and I truly feel cared about which is refreshing. Grocery store work is hard work and honest work. They treat employees really well!
Pros
10% off H-E-B brand groceries after 90 days, 15 minute breaks every two hours
If you enjoy working 6 days with 1 day off. 12 to 13 hours.This jobs is for you. If you enjoy an unorganized environment, favoritism, no real rule book. This job is for you.
Pros
Money.Benefits
Cons
Little diversity
HEB was my first job ever. I worked as a cashier and loved everything about it. My managers were super supportive when it came to us growing in other areas of the business and encouraged us all to do our best and have a good work day. We were always playing fun games and participating in competitions at work to see who could sell the most of something, which definitely kept me energized and made work so much fun. The pay is amazing!!!!!!! HEB is truly the best company I have ever worked for in my life.
Pros
Food is sometimes supplied in the break room, very flexible work scheduling, great pay, tons of opportunity to grow, awesome managers
Cons
great place to start your career. super flexible, and a lot of room for growth. great pay, great benefits and perks. there is always room for opportunity.
HEB vigorously prompts employees professional growth. HEB is there for you and/or your family during a local, state, national or personal negative event(s).
Pros
Free lunches, discounts and bonus.
Cons
Health Care.
I enjoy the work but it gets repetitive, love the company and my co-workers are fun to work with. I wish there was more full-time positions for the department I work in. As a personal shopper the work is easy but can lead to burnout quick.
Pros
Benefits and Culture
Cons
Hard to get hours
Managers could be a bit of nuisance, as in any other job, manipulate partners to exceed company expectations/production requirements by 2x or more than the normal amount for no real reward other than not being left looking like you aren't working as hard as your peers and being talked down to/ hours cut. Service department/curbside always looks to write people up, working at other departments is strongly advisable and from what i hear preferable and less stressful.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers
Cons
Hard to move up unless you get to know people, managers will look to take advantage of you in some departments
Only reason it was fun was bc of my friends that i worked with. The front end managers or whatever they are called we're not friendly. Always caused problems and were not respectful most of the time.
Pros
pay is alright, should be higher for cart people
In the healthy living department I got off at 9 or 9:30pm each night which I liked the consistency of that. My manager was chill, we didn't have any problems she even put me in charge of ordering certain products in the department to give me extra duties. You have to stay organized, most managers will create some kind of system that should be easy for you to follow. You mostly work at your own pace, I don't remember being on any time crunch. It's a list of things to do each day for each shift I was the closing shift so my responsibilities were ordering products that were low, cleaning stations, restocking, and helping customers that had any questions about products.
Awful place to work, the manager was awful and constantly threatening everyone with things she had no power to do. When HR was told of this (several times) they did nothing. The higher ups are passive aggressively rude. Turnover rate is super high. Never a consistent schedule. Awful.
Pros
None or I’d still work there
Cons
Short breaks, bad management, toxic environment, rude customers, very stressful
I absolutely loved working at HEB. The company and management takes care of their employees and I felt valued. There are reviews done on you every 6 months that determines your raise. Not alot of places even offer raises after year(s). This is a GREAT company to work for. I wish there were more of these across the United States.
HEB is a place where it pays well compared others, and can offer good benifits if you get the right job or work there long enough. However, it asks too much. It wants more and more production while wanting to cut costs, especially in the manpower area. Its currently going down a more sketchy road by trying to hide the price from customers, and upper management has corporate mandated caring, though at my store it felt like there was little actual care for the employees.
Pros
Good Benifits and Decent Pay
Cons
Overwork, Constant Production, not enough space or manpower
Pros: pay is great and the company really cares about their employees. If you get fired at HEB you must really suck at having a jobCons: Really nothing I can think of.
Place was okay to work at. Overall it's not the job that makes you want to leave it's the poor management and higher ups that destroy it and make people want to quit or switch locations.
  1. Employee Reviews