HEB Employee Reviews

fast paced but good pay
night stocker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 22, 2017
working overnight isnt for everybody but if you can, the pay is really good. At HEB specifically the work environment is straight forward. When you arrive at work, you go to the back and start sorting then moving pallets and prepare to spot/stock.
Pros
lunch is all around
Cons
tiredness
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXNovember 22, 2017
HEB was a great place to work. The hours were flexible as well as the managers willing to work around schedules of its employees. It was an excellent high school job.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not many full time openings
Great place to work.
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mexia, TXNovember 22, 2017
The staff were incredible. They were always helpful. I started out as a bagger, and was moved to bakery. The company recognized their employees for great work.
Fun enviroment.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXNovember 22, 2017
The enviroment was fun, and I worked directly with co-workers consistently. The managers were stern but friendly. They were very understanding during family emergencies.
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 21, 2017
Amazing and good place to start your career. Flexible hours, safe environment, friendly management always there to help you. Fairly paid rate. Work base on your own availability.
Productive friendly atmosphere
Food Demo Representative (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 20, 2017
Everyday coming into work was a great day for me. I worked in the showtime dept and enjoyed being able to come in and start at my own pace but in a timely manner to be out on the floor for the customers.
I learned about the different meals/foods to cook. My manager was awesome and always making sure everyone had what they needed, and constantly checking on the team to make sure everyone was having a great work environment. Very attentive.
I'd say the hardest part had to be making sales but it wasn't a problem at all for me. I have to say the most enjoyable part of the job had to be the simple day to day greetings and conversations with the locals and customers that came in. It was always a pleasure to introduce them to new foods that I felt confident serving out.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
sometimes miscommunication with team/management
Love heb
PCR / Pharmaceutical Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2017
HEb was an amazing place to work. This company really does care about its employees and is always offering the opportunity for advancement and I would go back in a heartbeat for a position related to my degree.
Pros
strong company culture
Heb
Cashier, parking (Current Employee) –  Lakeway, TXNovember 19, 2017
Working at HEB is a great high school job. The managers are all nice and understanding. When working at HEB everyone there becomes family in a way. Everyone helps each other improve.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Have to work on holidays
great environment
Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2017
Great management, lots of room to move up in the company easily. great flexible hours and willing to work with you if you're a college student. amazing pay compared to others.
Great people, poor management
Lead Seafood Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXNovember 18, 2017
The people you work with will become family and it is honestly a great place to work. Management on the other hand, they don’t take the workers personal lives into consideration and it hurts the moral of the employees.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Raises are small
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2017
I Love it, management is great it’s a fun working environment it’s very diverse and generally a pretty easy place to work. I would highly recommend anyone to work for the company
Fun workplace great customers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXNovember 17, 2017
I overall had a great time working here while it lasted loved the staff and the co workers and loved the customers and the need to satisfy a customer at all needs
Pros
Free lunches, parades
Cons
Short breaks
Amazing
Perishables Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
I regret having to leave. I love grown a lot as an associate learning different skills while workin at HEB. I’ve accumulated a bunch of friends and smilin faces from customers to staff. Great place to work. It really caters to the customer
Pros
Friendly, clean, great people, great customer service
Cons
The Freezer
Best place for work
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXNovember 16, 2017
I started out my first day of my senior year in high school and everyone was so helpful! They worked with my school schedule and always made sure I had my hours. Very attentive and friendly.
fun work place
Selector (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 16, 2017
Good place to work, fast pass and keep you going to make money and can make lots of money. Get free stuff and lots of good benefits. Good place to meet new friends
Pros
Free food abd games tom place
Cons
Long days
I loved working for HEB.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 16, 2017
HEB is one of the best companies you could possibly work for. They care about their employees and their families. They pay good and offer great benefits. There is plenty of room for advancement and they train well.
Good Company Poor Management
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
You will work nights, weekends, and holidays. Not very organized, good company out of college, if you want to do anything during on the weekend. Morale is low in some areas.
Fast Paced
Market Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 15, 2017
HEB is a fast paced job with good benefits for the employees. The managers are involved to help team members complete their shifts accurately and efficiently.
I think heb is a good place to work at
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2017
I think heb is a good place to work at be it quick u get paid enough to survive in one month and it quick to wait in line, pay and to get ur groceries packed and even that the he u normally go to might be packed but at the line where u get checked out at u get checked out quick and you'll never find a worker that is rude or disrespectful because when ur at HEB everything is better it's not noisy and dirty our food is good and everyone that normally shops at HEB keeps coming back because of the great service, food and people I recommend working and shopping at HEB bc how amazing it is #HEB!!😇
fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 14, 2017
very quick paced especially around the holidays and right before the week begins. very flexible on hours and availability, friendly staff nice working enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEB. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3