HEB Employee Reviews

Great place to work yet best to apply for leadership role directly out of college for easier advancement
Beer and Wine Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Heb is a fantastic company! Must have a heart for people, head for business and a passion for results. This job is not for the faint of heart, holiday and weekend working are mandatory and you will be on your feet all day. But overall a great company to work for!
producitive and fun working place
Checker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 18, 2018
such a busy store, managed by such good people and has betted my communication skills, fun atmosphere! great benefits along with maternity leave, certifys you in so many things
great place to work
asst mgr Kay Jewelers (Former Employee) –  belton texasSeptember 17, 2018
H E B is a great place to work and has several ways to grow. i was happy as a stock controller. they take great care of the partners as well as giving great customer service. they love the community but once you leave its hard to return cause if you were not liked in your store you are pretty much done with the company
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXSeptember 17, 2018
This was a very enjoyable place to work with a lot of friendly and professional supervisors. The hardest part of this job was learning the many produce codes. The most enjoyable part was meeting and conversing with the many different kinds of customers.
Pros
Occasional free lunches; incentives, flexible schedules
Cons
Short breaks
Stressfull
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Overnight stocking at HEB is a very stressful job. I spent almost a year there. We were always short staffed and always getting out later than expected. I worked an 11 hour shift on some occasions. Scheduled shift is 8 hours. You don't leave until the work is done. Any mistakes found in your work. Will be reported to managers, and you will be talked to.
Pros
Benefits, consistent overtime
Cons
Stressful, long hours, unfair pay, short staffed
Great
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fulshear, TXSeptember 14, 2018
It was fun while it lasted, but the management was not to my liking in particular. From the outside, the job seemed team oriented, but in actuality, that was not the case.
Easy and laid back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Karnes City, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Made friends quick with those I work with. Management is extremely fair with staff. Job is very easy once you get the hang of things. Seems like a lot but its really not.
Great First Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Over time the company has developed an image of Caring about its customers and employees. In recent years, this has switched to just caring about its customers and growth. They no longer focus any attention on existing employees.
Amazing company, but you need to find the right management
Showtime Partner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2018
I adore this company, and everything it stands for. We are, in my opinion, one of the best companies to work for, even if you're looking for a career. That being said, the management was lacking at my particular store, especially regarding the administrative side. When I advanced at my job, I was given very little job training, besides learning for a total of about a week about the basics of the job.
If you can look beyond that, and are a self-starter, the company is amazing, the culture at my place of work was very relaxed, and I enjoyed coming into work every day and doing my job.
Pros
Chances for advancement, calm work enviroment
Cons
Weak management
Fast-paced enviornment
Baker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
A day in the bakery consist of assisting customers in person, and over the phone. I learned how to write on a cake, decorate cupcakes, and how to manage multiple task. Learning to work with different people with different work ethics helps me see things that I wouldn't normally see things. The hardest part of my job is having to handle multiple problems alone when there is only one person for the shift. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer is pleased with the service they have received.
Pros
Free samples, and trying new pastries
Cons
Short lunches
Product Management
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2018
In the evening I would arrive to my work, I would change and wear the HEB clothes. I would pick up the stock from the inventory and start stocking it in the right place. I learned how to work under pressure and how to be organized and how to deliver duties at a specific time. I gained a bunch of skills. I developed my linguistic skills especially in the English Language. This is because I was not quite fluent in English. It wasn't after this job that I became more and more open to talk to people. This job really made me more and more relaxed and not afraid to talk to people. Nowadays, I am not afraid to talk to customers or to individuals if they pose a question about an item or a product.
Pros
Free lunch, long breaks
Cons
healthcare, no overtime, unpaid vacation
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXSeptember 12, 2018
It's a great place to shop. My husband and I shop there frequently. They have competitive prices as well. As for working conditions it basically depends on which location you are at.
Bagger (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I loved working at HEB, the pay is good. The people and environment is very nice and its a very up beat job. They are really flexible with schedules. I loved them.
Working in store is great but has limitations.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working here but found little advancement potential without having to buddy up with the 'cool' kids. Felt a lot like high school. Politics was a little out of control.
It's a great job if you just want to work 40 and go home. Career advancement is possible, but it isn't that easy.
The company really takes care of the employees though. Outstanding benefits package and 401k/retirement packages.
Pros
Lots of free training in management.
Cons
it's a bit boring selling ketchup over and over again.
Fantastic Company
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 11, 2018
HEB is an amazing organization hyper focused on the customer and partner experience. Definitely not your typical grocery chain. They far exceed competitors in every aspect.
Great first time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Attending college HEB was a great place to work and experience your first job opportunites. Communicating with customers and working in a fair friendly environment.
Here everything better
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
The best environment of work and workers. When you walk in the doors, everyone make you fell like you home and welcomed. If anybody needed a job I would advise them to HEB
Awesome
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2018
As a cashier my job is not physically demanding. They focus they’re attention on customer service and reducing shrink (loss) in the store. Really fun atmosphere to work in.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 11, 2018
HEB is a good company to work for, granted it is hard to move up if you do not have any connections. Managers are nice and work with our schedule, great for college students and high school students.
Pros
Partner perk card
Cons
Must work 1100 hours as part time employee to get benefits
Self explanatory job
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2018
The job itself is a decent job that will really only become difficult with bad management and lack of staff. But other than that its a pretty easy job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
becoming a full time employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEB. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
52.7K
41.6K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

79out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HEB.