HEB

HEB Employee Reviews

United States6,935 reviews
Found 6,935 reviews matching the search
Productive and exciting
working at HEB was a great experience, they really care about their partners and I recommend working there. The managers are fair and treat you with respect. my co partners were very friendly and great to be around.
Great first job
It’s a great first job. I worked overnight stocking shelves. Met some great people there. Bosses were very easy to communicate with. Great company overall .
HEB is the best job I’ve ever had.
The atmosphere was pretty overwhelming at first. But I started to really love the environment 3 months in. I met a lot of good friends, and good people. HEB has really good benefits as well. First place I’ve semi-fit in at.
For my short time working at HEB, it was a great place to work.
I only stayed at HEB for a few months but during that time I saw a great company flourish among the community. The quality of life at work was pleasant and uplifting and everyone seemed to be apart of the work community.
Good pay, terrible coworkers
If you peaked in high school and love the drama that comes with 15-16 year olds you’re in the right place! Although most everyone I worked with was in college and above they had some of the worst attitudes I’ve ever seen. Every department has a ‘clique’ and if you’re not apart of it then it’s made very obvious to you. I was alienated and given the short end of the stick by most employees and management just because I was there to work and not make friends management will stress an open door policy but that’s not the case, I reported very personal family matters to my manager for attendance reasons, next day most of my coworkers knew my personal business.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I had a great work experience with HEB
I did not work here that long but it was also great management and i was tought customers service and how to work out and inside of the store... I do so want to work for heb in the near future
HEB is a great company but not all of their stores are
I looked forward to taking a job with HEB after my current employer was closing down. The management at the store in Cuero was horrible and played favorites. New employees were to put in all the work, while other employees were given all the benefits of our work. Very unfair place of employment. I'm sure not all stores are this way but this particular location was a nightmare.
flexible work hours
flexible work hours. I like the people at my job. It is always busy. You don't have to worry about being bored since it is so busy. They are appreciative of us.
Great company
There's always an opportunity to grow and learn. The relationships with people that you work with are the best part of the culture. People and the customer are the driving force for the company.
Great company, depends on store/people
HEB is a great company that puts a lot of emphasis on helping their community. They’re focused on helping customers (even if it means breaking the rules sometimes. Not so good, but true.)
The people ARE what makes the difference and if you’re in a good store with good people it’s great. However I’ve worked at 5 different HEBs and there ALWAYS ends up being issues, whether it be scheduling or new management. They do work with your schedule, but if it’s even a bit restricted you risk getting little to no hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HEB?
Management at HEB truly does show compassion abd understanding. They work with your home life and for a single mother that is what matters most to me. Thank you HEB
It’s good
Good helped me a lot and got and learned new skills everyday .i have good customer service.I know how to deal with certain situations when it comes to customers
it ok
great if you want to work customer service always be on time. get to meet new people. great work environment. help out alot of people and the pay was good
fun
i liked it! Its a perfect job if youre a student and there is possibility of growth if ypu want to go down that route. i would definitely reccomend :)
Terrible
Management is trash, hours are trash (that’s if you get any). Everyone has there favorites. Impossible to move up in the company. Managers will try to fire you for anything that inconveniences them.
Great Company
The company is a great place because i came in during the whole pandemic which was honestly a great first retail job because I moved up so fast. The company was way ahead with planning for the future by placing limits which made our products last longer. Then they were the first to offer protective shields for cashiers and hazard pay that went till the 24th!
Hectic yet manageable work environment
Hectic work environment but manageable. HEB is a great company to work for, I learned a lot about customer service and making sure we met their needs. It was a great learning experience for me.
Na
It’s a good company, great benefits, advancement depends on how good your with the managers
Schedule it’s working for me as I recently got married, I’ve asked to not be scheduled all nights and weekends now
It’s mainly focused on there customer’s satisfaction
This company is mainly focused on the customers satisfaction. We always wanted to make the customers feel welcomed and make sure they want to come back to our store.
The amazing community
I really like the fact that everyone at the store was really nice from upper management to individual partners. I never felt as if I was stuck on an issue alone and everyone was willing to help each other and especially the customers
Job work / life balance
They have some flaws such as in when I was pregnant they still wanted me to push baskets & clearly told them my doctor said I couldn’t and they still wanted me to push carts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEB. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HEB.