HEB

• Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job

Excellent place to work

Featured review

HEB selected this as a representative review
A typical day for me at HEB spans many different systems and even groups. I was hired as a Sharepoint Developer, but have since branched out to helping with Tibco, PeopleSoft, SalesForce and even into helping business users understand how technology can help them

Pros

good culture, great people

Cons

extremely busy

Encouraging and rewarding place to work.

At HEB, we are not associates, we are partners. I looked forward going to work every night, knowing at the end of my shift I felt like I accomplished my goals. You are recognized for your hard work with a compliment and multiple bonuses throughout the year.

Pros

Bonuses. Partner lunches. Pay rate is good.

Cons

Call out just about every night.

Welcoming workplace

Not a bad job by any means. Here's some of the things you'll be doing while working:- Using big rectangular carts and shopping in bulk.- Shopping individual "express" orders.- Taking orders to people's cars.- Standing around the curbside area waiting.While shopping you'll also have customers ask you where things are. It can feel a little stressful at times when it gets busy, but you get used to it. Not the most rewarding, or mentally challenging, but it is a decent job if you're okay with shopping all day.

Pros

Shop on your own (semi freedom)

Cons

Moving all day

Okay Starter Job

This job is good for highschool/college students due to the flexible scheduling and opportunities to trade/give away shifts. Management was okay, job could be stressful at busier times.

I can not recommend. Managers 'play favorites' with how many hours they schedule, as myself and other partners in my department were scheduled outside of their availability. I felt very replaceable, despite being hard working, upbeat, and punctual. Managers allow toxic behavior issues. I was not encouraged to learn more in my department, even though I requested to learn.

Pros

15 minute breaks

Good first job

This job is a perfect job for anyone in high school or college. Flexible schedule and easy work depending on what you’re doing. Fast paced, high energy.

Great company. Terrible management.

The company is good overall, but the location I'm at, most managers and deparyment managers show favoritism and actuvley try to fire the ones they don't like by giving them steps and occurrences and lying to partners, telling them that occurrences are automatic and can't be excused. Mosy of the managers don't even seem to understand our attendance polivy, which is criminal at best. If you call in its 2 steps, regardeless of why or amount of time given. If you get 6 steps you're terminated. So basically show up sick and hope they send you home. They also overwork people and domt listen when partners suggest improvements at my store. There is no compassion or understanding from "leadership" overall yhe jib is good and the pay and benefits are great, but the management makes it hard to work there or even stay because they constantly try to get rid of people with the new attendance policy. It's sad because it's truly destroying a good company.

It’s okay

Working here is overall okay. It’s good for college students and the company itself is great. I do recommend working here. It’s not a bad place but it’s really tough when it’s short staffed. Hours get long some days but overall not a bad place to work.

Stressful but great environment with good payoff

I will start by saying that I don't think that my department or any other department gets paid fairly. If there is a company wide raise in a department to $14/hour, everyone UNDER $14/hour will get bumped up to that, but everyone ABOVE $14/hour will no get a raise. If you worked there 2 years and got that raise to $14/hour, someone could walk through the door, get hired, and make the same amount.My department is very stressful, but what can someone expect during a pandemic? We are constantly not given enough hours to fully staff the pharmacy, yet I still love what I do. Working in healthcare needs to be separated from what the rest of HEB is. Just because a pharmacy is in a grocery store doesn't mean it isn't a licensed health care facility. I love working with patients and I love the relationship between all of my coworkers and I. There is never a dull day in the pharmacy whether we're absolutely drowning or so slow we're sharing wacky stories. While I can't recommend/comment on other departments, I do think the RX is the right fit for someone with experience and/or someone who wants to learn and grow within the RX side of things.

Its a cool job with nice coworkers and reasonable pay

its a pretty chill job with nice workers and they pay is good for the amount of work. it does get repetitive and there is no overtime allowed. Customers are ok. Overall an okay job

Great place to work.

Great pay for the work, great benefits and security. There is an atmosphere of family alongside a collective focus on getting the job done. Management and partners will work with you!

Its a pretty fair wage but they WILL work you!

HEB is a pretty well known company and there are perks but I left due to graduating college and seeking a job within my desired field of study. Overall, pretty decent job which you can find career advancement if you push yourself.

Pros

Discounted grocery products, breaks

Cons

Very tiresome

work environment is toxic, but good pay

the job is easy, it does get repetitive after years. the pay is pretty good, what keeps most people there. management sucks, you can only climb up if you are someone’s favorite. the job is easy, but people make it difficult and dull.

pretty good

Overall good experience with heb , flexible hours and good schedule, not too big fans of someone having overtime hours so good for part-time. Workplace culture is

Pros

Good flexibility

All the hours you want

The first thing someone should know about HEB is they primarily offer part time positions to keep from offering benefits to partners. They'll say you can work all the hours you want, but there's no benefits and the biggest award you get as a Cashier is a free turkey and 25% off HEB brand products every year. Also, if you 420, do NOT let anyone you think is your friend know. That's how I lost my job.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

No full time positions most of the time

Horrible work environment, leads favor employees

Although the pay was good, there only help with Covid and and surge in gas prices and food was a $100 gift card instead of a boost in a temporary raise. People were constantly quoting after a couple shifts due to the work conditions. Night shift was considered the lowest on the ladder even though we were the ones that kept the business going. Very few chances of promotions and moving up the system. The leads favored some of the employees so they would get the light and easy isles and unload the pallets, while others would get the heavy bulk isles such as juice, water, and soda that involved heavy lifting every shift draining your energy. Even when the leads were suppose to rotate the workers across different isles, they would still give the heavy isles to the same people. You would end up having to unload 7-10 pallets with an extra 3-4 pallets in back stock and this isn’t including water, or the risers, while everybody else got to work at a easy pace without any sweat. Insurance isn’t included with the job, you have to pay for it. You also have to sign a waiver that if you get hurt while on the job, the company isn’t liable. The first couple weeks working there was fun and I was doing over 160 boxes per hour, I was then moved to soda, water, and juices for weeks without any isle switching and it drained all the energy out of me and made me despise the work place while I was constantly struggling to get through the 10-16 pallets on time. Managers were constantly taking the electric pallet movers so I would have to move pallets of water, soda, and juices by hand from the back -

Horrible experience

Management was horrible! Left everything for the overnight crew . The job it self wasn’t too bad when crew members didn’t leave early and others had to cover for them 80% the ones who finish early had to help the lagging workers. Life and work balance was horrible no life

Worst job

No growth people don’t care and complain on stuff your soppose to do like be quick and mangers have no communication with each other and you get introble bc they don’t have communication and also there is no full time ! Withing the company I’ve talked to many people and they have 8 years in the company and never have been offerd full time … my self I’ve worked there for 2 1/2 years and I only get 14 hours a week and no full time I’m sturuggling and always looking for a better job

Pros

Pay

Cons

No full time

No Work/Life Balance

The company offers competitive wages and benefits, but it is very hard to maintain a proper work/life balance on the job. Requires open availability and most weekends/holidays.

Dead end monotony

I absolutely would advise against making anything outside of salary a career at this company. Horrible supervision, even worse HR, long hours, with some of the worst locations to work at in warehousing. They step on you any chance they get to look better. Even after everything else, the pay is low compared to other warehouses. After being here close to 3 years im disgusted to tell any friends or family where i work at. But hey if you are lazy, live with your parents, and just dont care about advancement then this is the job for you

Pros

Free food on occasion, and in store discounts

Cons

Literally everything else

Great Environment and Excellent Management

Great place to work and move up. Management at my location was good, but I've heard that depending on where you are it can vary. Would recommend as a good first time job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEB. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss