HEB

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

HEB Employee Reviews

Found 5,091 reviews matching the search See all 5,374 reviews
Great Company to work for
SHOWTIME MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San AntonioNovember 13, 2018
I worked for them for 30 yrs and had a great Run with the Company. Only parted Ways now to do explore other Venues for the Rest of my few Years before Full Retirement
Pros
401 K, Healthcare, Vacation Time
Cons
Caring for community and partners
Gm Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 13, 2018
Great company to work for. Care about the partners and has educational programs you can opt-in for. Pay is above average for every position. Every store is different, but most have a family feeling atmosphere.
Pros
Family atmosphere, benefits, care about partners
Cons
Management positions are alot of hours especially if salired, Alot of new store leaders like to micro manage to an annoying degree.
fast pace
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 13, 2018
great place to work great people everyone works in a fast pace that keeps you up in your toes to stay with them you dont wont to be the one holding them back . Keeps u in shape and time fly's by so quick and i love weekly pay to me that's the best part having money every week
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
need more time to finish work
loved my job
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2018
I quit my job at heb to go to work for lacoste national bank...I worked there from 2000 to 2010 when the bank was bought out by community national bank
Great workplace
Dairy lead specialist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 11, 2018
This company was great to work for. Management, was not so good. Nobody wants to work anymore. Too much use and abuse. Only when it benefits them, do they even acknowledge you. The company is great though.!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Could use better management
Very nice environment
Curbside (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2018
Very comfortable and nice environment, management and workers are very friendly and nice, flexibility with schedule and hours. It could get very stressful and fast paced during the weekends but overall great company.
Outstanding Company Culture and Benefits
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2018
Great place to work with culture built upon teamwork and the genuine idea that people matter. Excellent benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, mental health, 401k, employee stock and discounts.
Pros
Culture, benefits
Cons
Salary, long hours worked
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXNovember 10, 2018
A typical day at work would be making customers feel like a heb family member. I have learned to serve customers. The management is good and workplace culture is awesome. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers and the most enjoyable part is the customers
Productive, Fast Pace and Fun
CROSS FUNCTIONAL REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Uvalde, TXNovember 9, 2018
Out of the five years I have worked at HEB, I've never regretted working there. You get the job done. If you don't, then you either get your hours cut or are fired. That is a good thing. They hire the best workers of those that applied. You stay busy, even on days that are "slow". They will always have something for you to do so you will never be bored and the work day will fly by. The company is fun! They always go out of their way for the workers. The Store Director writes you a Birthday card. They have Partner appreciation month where they make us food! There is so many things to do with HEB. It's a fantastic company to work for.
Pros
Great Benefits, Opportunities to Advance, Great Management
Cons
Not a lot of hours
great
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TX 77345November 9, 2018
Hardest part of the job is getting job done when customers ask a lot of questions
No overtime
Management was good and overall atmosphere was really positive

Want to know more about HEB?

Ask a question
Love it
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXNovember 8, 2018
Could work here forever ,
Great
Good awesome
I’m so glad I work at H-E-B
The interview was hard because it is basically a contest to see who the best of the best
i love the employess i work with
journeyman meatcutter (Former Employee) –  South Austin, TXNovember 8, 2018
i scanned the meat i need for counter pork too then started cutting back up for counter clean as i cut went back out there to scanned more holes if there any iam a 3rd generation meat cutter
Pros
30 lunch
Cons
15 min break
Great Culture
MIC (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2018
I'd recommend anyone to work for HEB. They treat their 'partners,' well, and continuously help their managers grow. HEB takes care of their people with benefits and competitive pay. The work life balance is the lone complaint as a manager.
Other than that, HEB helped its community during the devastating hurricanes that wrecked Texas, offer competitive pay, and amazing benefits/401k/stock plans for partners.
Pros
Culture, pay, benefits
Cons
work life balance
I love working with people
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  LufkinNovember 7, 2018
I love working with people I'm fun to get along with I'm a people person and I love showing the customers where stuff is or what not I injoy it so much.
Pros
I love helping customers
Cons
Im always smiling
Great atmosphere!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 7, 2018
Management is very approachable, co workers are relaxed and work as a team. It is visible that the company cares about its employees and customers! Highly recommend working here.
Displeased
Lead Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TXNovember 7, 2018
Would not work there again. Poor management skills. Balance was awful. Pay was awful. The manager I had "hired me as eye candy" as I was told by many of the other employees.
Great place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 6, 2018
I personally have had a great experience working with the HEB company. My workplace is a very fun environment that feels like home due to the fact that out staff treats each other like family.
Great Company
eStore Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockport, TXNovember 6, 2018
Great company, they should adjust the pay per performance. Managers only receive one raise per year while all non-management receive two raises per year.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXNovember 6, 2018
A typical work day is usually 4 to 8 hours shifts. The front end is very busy at the store I worked at. I was able to take two leadership classes through the store. The management is very nice and really care about your well being. The hardest part of the job for e was standing on my feet for so many hours a day. The most enjoyable part of my job were the customers.
Pros
discount, and ability to move up in the company
Cons
being on your feet
Fast-Paced and excellent for college student
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2018
I have no real issues here. As long as you are built to work consistently and can stay focused with distractions in your way, then you are the perfect candidate for any position HEB has to offer. The only problem I faced with management was the lack of positive feedback. When feedback came, it was always negative.
Pros
Decent pay, Breaks, Lunch guaranteed, Always busy
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEB. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
52.8K
41.6K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at HEB.

Powered by Comparably