HEB Employee Reviews

Found 4,641 reviews matching the search See all 4,905 reviews
Featured review
HEB selected this as a representative review
Excellent place to work
Senior C#/Sharepoint Developer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2017
A typical day for me at HEB spans many different systems and even groups.
I was hired as a Sharepoint Developer, but have since branched out to helping with Tibco, PeopleSoft, SalesForce and even into helping business users understand how technology can help them
Pros
good culture, great people
Cons
extremely busy
Not enough work hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJuly 15, 2018
Great hourly pay but not enough hours. Never reached 25 hours a week. I loved the environment and the fast paced. Great discounts and the job was simple on the front end.
Fast paced quiet environment. I work by myself.
Over night baker/fryer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2018
I come in at midnight and work until 8:30 am. I have to fry donuts and then make all types of donuts. In Addition, i would fry all bread and Mexican pasteyies
Pros
Get off early, and can spend time woth family during day.
Cons
Im not home at night with family. Should any thing happen iam not there to protect my family.
Difficult schedule
Production Partner I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2018
The HEB warehouse has rotating schedules. The HEB store has limited hours, no overtime. It's not a win-win situation. Supervisors can be cold, unapproachable. I would only recommend the warehouse for single, no kids having individuals.
Pros
Occasional bonuses and appreciation lunches
Cons
Cold hearted supervisors
fun up pace working environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2018
Cool environment to work at very up pace always doing something taking care of customers co workers that surrounded you will help you become a better person in learn new things
Fun and easy place to work. Flexible scheduling as well.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2018
Love working at H-E-B. The environment is positive and fun. Building great relationship with your co workers is easy and can result in some of the best friends. Job is stressful and customers service is very easy to accomplish here as working with customers is what occurs 24/7 here.
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours. Partner perks once working for 6 months.
Cons
Stagnant after awhile.
Pays well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palmview, TXJuly 13, 2018
The pay is very fair for the work, starts off with very few hours and with time; with chances to pick up hours, more hours are available. Management is equal but because there are so many employees
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Great work environment
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJuly 13, 2018
Excellent company to work for very proud of the benefits. The company is very helpful with customer support, partners and safety work environment is excellent.
Pros
401k, lunch breaks
Cons
Short breaks, poor communication
HEB Employment
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeway, TXJuly 13, 2018
I worked in the deli for a few months slicing meat for customers. Shortly thereafter I began working as the procurement specialist for the deli, ordering a wide array of products to keep that particular area of the store stocked. I have nothing but good things to say about my time spent as an employee of HEB.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Pay
A great place to work and grow your career
Beer & Wine Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2018
HEB is a wonderful place to work and grow a real career. As an employee of HEB you can be sure that you have a voice and are respected as an individual. You can and should make your own decisions to help the customers get what they need every day. HEB is all about ownership. HEB gives you the tools to succeed if you want to.
Pros
Community driven
Cons
no cons
Great Place to Work
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78253July 13, 2018
HEB is a great company to work. They have excellent benefits package. Working in the bakery is fast paced. Depending on your position it can get difficult at times. Department Management is difficult. Some lead personnel take advantage of being salaried and take two hour lunches or just leave when they feel like it.
Benefits
Cons

Want to know more about HEB?

Ask a question
Very fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 13, 2018
HEB has been by far my favorite place to work. Everyone is very friendly and are always in the mood to help each other. Managers are very flexible with schedules. Easy to give away days or switch shifts in case of emergencies instead of calling in. It is a very fast pace working environment, but there are also slow days. One must always make the customer feel welcomed and attended. I feel HEB is a great first job as it teaches teamwork. Cashiers, Baggers, Stockers, Cart Pushers, all work together to help our customers in need.
Pros
Very Flexible Schedules
Cons
No insurance
Great experience
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 12, 2018
I was able to learn a new position. I enjoyed everything I did. I was able to work with make-up. I learned about ordering and keeping items in stock. Had a great team.
Great Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
The training is set up for everyone and anyone. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. I learned customer service by being a customer at HEB so being an employee helped show how to go the extra mile.
Supportive work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
The company, for the most part, is typically supportive and understanding of their employees. Employees are encouraged to excel at their job and are given reasonable benefits for full-timers.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
Limited amount of full-time positions. Part-timers must be patient.
awesome co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
everyone was willing to work with you and help you out when you needed it. there was a lot of options to cross train and move arounf within the company
Cooking Coach (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great company to work for. They recognize great performance and appreciate their partners. The company is also very active in its communities. This is the second time I've been employed with HEB and I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Discount, benefits, culture
Cons
Transferring locations is difficult
HEB review
Warehouse Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2018
A typical day for a dept manager begins with checking in with the night crew and addressing any concerns. followed by a walk of the dept and reporting any concerns to store directors.
HEB is great place to work with a lot of dedicated partners.
As a dept manager I never thought of my responsibilities as being hard more challenging in a positive way. After all it's about getting better.
The enjoyment comes from the accomplishments of the dept and your partners.
Pros
people, benefits and growth potential
Cons
Inconsistencies with support
Business Center Representative
Business Center Representative (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great position to gain a lot of different experience/skills. For example, data entry, cash handling, policies/procedures, payment processing, etc.
The BC I worked in was unfair because of favoritism. Upper management needs to structure its scheduling system in a manner where it’s fair for every employee.
Pros
Flexible hours, competitive wages
Cons
Favoritism
Great money
Night stocker (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 10, 2018
Management was like family and working there got extremely competitive similar to playing a sport. The store always looked great because everyone was striving to do their absolute best. HEB definitely got what they paid for when they hired me.the work is quick paced and there is no room for error. the work hours are so aggressive that i literally have to sleeping my car before going home because i was so tired.
Pros
reasonable wages
Cons
work exhaustion
Fun workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJuly 10, 2018
Company would provide uniforms and foot ware free of cots to employees. Great team members and team leaders. Fast paced environment. Team recognition and annual picnics for employees and family members. Work load would be done at a fast paced and would be done early.
Pros
company benefits and picnics
Cons
no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEB. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
52.6K
41.5K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss