Hebrew Senior Life Employee Reviews

Great staff and residents
Aid and Assist (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 6, 2019
Great staff and residents. I love being there. It’s a very home like feeling. Everyone is so friendly. You can’t help but smile when you walk through the front door.
with my coworkers is was fun but the management staff is stuck
Utility & Tray Line Service Associate Culinary (Former Employee) –  Roslindale, MADecember 18, 2018
this place used to be a good place to work not anymore because they give workers to much duties and the didn't gave any raise reasonable.They treats people base on ur origins special on the kitchen areas
Pros
free lunch
Summer program
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MANovember 4, 2018
I have been working at Hebrew SeniorLife since 2014 it’s a very excellent company who makes you feel happy,I have so many great experiences there,they are so many good opportunities with school programming if you wanna become nurse.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shorts break
Run
Slave (Former Employee) –  Dedham maAugust 18, 2018
People have died working here due to stress related problems over the job.
The people here are racist and will treat you bad.
A lot of people whom have worked here have left..just check the turn over rate.. temp workers are always needed. Pay is horrible,i worked at this place for 5 years to barely get a 24 cent as a raise.
Pros
Get stressed out
Cons
Get over worked and treated as a slave
Productive and Caring place to work.
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MAMay 11, 2018
I had an amazing time working at Simon C. My boss was excellent and affable. He was easy to talk to. Everyone was nice and it was a productive job. The goal was to serve the senior citizens their meals and then clean up after them. The staff got along with each other easily. It was just a very positive experience for me.
productive and great company to work in.
LEAD PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Roslindale, MAApril 20, 2018
Great company to work for. Very friendly and helpful. Great opportunities to grow. Well paid, great on earn times, sick times. A lot of different cultures and everybody helpful.
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2017
Management is not clear about expectations and makes you feel guilty when you can't get all your work done - like it is your problem. Work is piled on by managers that do not know what you do or even try to understand.
Pros
Cafe food is good, Residents are nice
Cons
Managers are not trying to improve the place, they only want to protect their jobs.
Sick and Vacation PTO
Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 18, 2017
Just to be clear vacation and sick was combined PTO.
I met some of the best people while working at Hebrew Senior Life. They all go above and beyond everyday. They all give so much every day.
Pros
The staff is awesome
Cons
some upper management out of touch with day to day happenings
Steady worn
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 2, 2017
Steady work nice cultural community residents are fair and the place is clean the works really care about the residents and the cafe has good food . They also pay as fair as the can
I think this is a great company to work for
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roslindale, MAJuly 28, 2017
I think Hebrew senior life is a good place to work we have a very dedicated team that like to work hard everyday. The management team take their job very serious and they are willing to help all employees if they need help.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAJuly 8, 2017
The workplace culture was amazing the nurses and nursing assistant got along very well. When a cna was done with his or her work they will go around and see if the other cna need some help. The nurses were always around to help and support the cna the best way they can.
Good first job for short term
Biomedical Engineer/ Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2017
Good job for research type of person or someone looking to work in academia. However there is limited ability to grow and lack of accountability within the organization (IFAR specific).
NIce Job
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 5, 2017
The job was great. I liked my coworkers and the culture and I liked the upward mobility in the company. They knew how to treat their employees with respect.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAMarch 6, 2017
It was my first opportunity to work in a kitchen outside of the home. I was allowed to work along side with the cooks helping them prepare their meals of the day. My main objective was to verify the incoming food delivery for the day usually Monday, Wednesday and Friday. There were many great individuals that made the work place fun, friendly and tough.
A private home for the aged which provide various services in health care.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2017
There are two types of residents who access Hebrew SeniorLife facilities. The Day Care Center provides services like occupational/physical therapy, fitness center, dental and support groups (like stroke) for residents who live in and around Boston and the second type of residents live at the Center.
A good job for my future career
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2016
We are a team, we always help each other. We always back up each other. We spent good time together. As a team we're friends also. The hardest part of the job are the really busy days.
Pros
Benefits like health care
Cons
Payments are not enough for the amount of job I do
Emotional Rollar Coaster
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 11, 2016
They go thru managers like water.
No communication, negative attitudes.
Needs more stability in their management process.
Pros
n/a
Cons
not a place to better yourself or move up
Amazing
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMay 31, 2016
I loved the staff and the seniors. I always had a great time when I was there. Everyone was so nice to me never had any trouble. The seniors were wonderful I enjoyed being with them.
No future, toxic
PT (Former Employee) –  RoslindaleSeptember 13, 2015
It's a joke.This is a well- endowed institution with no future for advancement. They thrive on a revolving door of new grads PT's every season.What is worse.... old timers complain, complain about the hours they put in,the managers, then criticize newer staff behind their back. Leave if you hate working there! Stop playing hero! Nope, instead it's a pub afterwork drinking culture to do what? Gossip and complain even more about management and team. Toxic.
Pros
clean
Cons
gossip, no advancement, not inspiring
Productive and gain of knowledge and exxperiences
Recreation Therapist, Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 1, 2015
Very busy and productive day and I've learned that respect different religious and helpful. The management are very sweet and kind, and the best. I love my co-workers. There's nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable about the is the events and co-workers.
Pros
hour breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hebrew Senior Life. Our community is ready to answer.