Hegele Logistic, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Training and Stressful
Logistics and Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMarch 16, 2018
They start you out by throwing you into the fire with almost no training or direction expecting you to thrive and perform a two person job as one person.
Good company, poor employees
Medical Equipment Installer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2018
I worked with many lead installers while employed there and only one of them was professional and mature. The others all had major ego problems, behaved like teenagers, were unorganized with the shared tools, and had no customer service skills whatsoever.
It was not an environment I looked forward to going to each day, so I left.
Pros
Variety of work locations.
Cons
Unprofessional and unorganized co-workers.
Great company and good people
Quality Systems Administrator/Field Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 17, 2017
Hegele is a great place to work. The Directors are all very good people and the atmosphere is intelligent and challenging, but nuturing as well. I would love to retire from Hegele.
Great place to work for true road warrior.
Medical Equipment Installer (Former Employee) –  NationwideMay 19, 2016
As an installer, you are notified on Friday of your upcoming week's work. You fly or rent a car to get to the job site location, check into a hotel, and Monday morning start the job. The jobs typically take 4 days to complete, then you are sent home or you might go directly to the next job.

As a road warrior, I loved it. I learned about medical equipment and how to rig in and install 16,000 pound MRI machines, which was pretty cool.

The management at Hegele is excellent and very professional. They maintain a very clean warehouse near the Chicago airport and they take safety very seriously.

Some of my co-workers however were not so professional. Not all of them, but enough that I decided to seek employment elsewhere where I could work more independently.
Pros
Good pay, advancement potential, variety of work locations
Cons
Many unprofessional co-workers
No communication
na (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJanuary 28, 2016
Lack of communication at this company is horrendous. Nobody talks to each other and nobody takes blame for their actions. Supervisors micromanage. They pile on the work but do not want to compensate for the extra work.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Best employment experience ever
Field Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJanuary 17, 2016
If you have a chance to work here, do it. Yes, some things are the same no matter where you go, but this company is classy. The field employees are out for long periods, but the management recognizes this and will not forget the effort you put in.
This Company came with its perks
Medical Equipment Installer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
This job was hard. You have to be accustomed to being on the road ALOT. My first time out I was gone for a month straight. I drove from Chicago to Cape Giradeau. From there I drove back to Chicago and then on to North Dakota. It was really hard work, but it was really cool to. I got to eat a variety of food and see diffirent cultures. I got to meet so many people.
Poor management
Medical installer (Current Employee) –  Wood daleOctober 24, 2015
No life.. work work work!! You ask for filed support and you get a couple of slouched in sneakers, smelling like cigarettes and foul language use. Ask for materials or tools from the office. . Always get the wrong equipment sent. Warehouse is always blamed. Great benefits but the pay is not worth what you do in the field. Overall not a place to work if you want a personal life.
Pros
Alot of over time
Cons
No life. No support from the office
Travel to different places
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  ILJuly 10, 2015
The job is exciting, but trying not to travel 100%, Work with a lot of different people and different cultures. Installing all different types of medical equipment.
Pros
see new places
Cons
travel 100%
Outstanding Company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ILFebruary 16, 2015
Working for Hegele Logistics was an outstanding experience for me. Unfortunately, I had to leave to family emergency back in California.
Pros
People and hours
Cons
No room for advancement
Smaller company that's expanding.
Quality Systems Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILOctober 8, 2012
Start up company in 2004. Still going strong. Smaller company where you have the feeling of working in a more family like environment.