Hegira Health, Inc. Employee Reviews

"KEEP THE BEDS FULL" should be the name of the joint.
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 5, 2019
Not to sure if some at the top even know what its like to have this disease. Keep the beds full is all I heard there as an employee. The way certain situations were handled was mind blowing to the point of uncertainty if these individuals knew what they were doing. Even though they had the credentials, they still seemed like they were clueless to what actually goes on in the mind or life of an alcoholic or a drug addict. Seek else where for employment.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
senior staff, Intake personnel, food, rooms.
Hegira Health is a fun productive place to work at if you have the passion to work in the field. I
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIAugust 7, 2019
I typical work day is making sure that the consumers are maintained and are they setting goals to go back in the community to live there life. And giving them the tools to do so. Transporting the consumers from the hospital to the facility. Making sure that the consumer is comfortable with there stay.
Give it a try!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIAugust 3, 2019
Though it wasn't the place for me and maybe the place for you give it a try. I respect the company for giving me the opportunity to work in the field that I love.
Loved working there
CMH Adult Outpatient Service's Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJuly 21, 2019
Hegira became my work family right away! Everyone was so nice and it was hard to leave Hegira because of how sweet everyone was. Hegira allows several opportunities to collaborate with different people so that you dont have to feel that you are working alone
extremely poor environment to work in
Staff Nurse/Admission Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJuly 9, 2019
Awful management, you will be harrassed at all hours, no room for growth or promotion, no benefits/insurance offered. Poor leadership skills, patients were treated like dogs with no plan to improve their quality of care. Staff was not taken serious. I was attacked while i was 8 months pregnant by a patient with no one from management having my back.
Enjoyed working there!
SUD therapist (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 19, 2019
I was able to advance to a better position. Like all work places, it wasn't perfect but definately one of the more competitive CHM providers for pay and compensation for Wayne county. I worked contingent for a lot time even after I relocated to a new area.
Average
Infant Mental Health Home Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIMarch 14, 2019
The salary is rather low, this is a great place for new clinicians to experience CMH, enter into the mental health but growing here is a challenge....
Case Manager/Supports Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 24, 2019
Every day was something new. Learned time management. Management was very helpful. Coworkers are amazing, Hardest part is making sure people keep appointments. Most enjoyable part is seeing clients grow,
Horrible place to work ...Run fast
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 18, 2019
Run fast this place is horrible, and they have a high turn over. Please check the other reviews I wish I did. This place is garbage no training and no structure.
Hot mess
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 6, 2018
This place would’ve been a good place to work if they paid more...I was the only full time person, and my co workers were all part time seniors who were all 70+ years old. I found myself doing a lot of the work myself.
Pros
Hours, benefits
Cons
Pay, coworkers
company that claims they are about wellness first, but is primarily concerned with business aspects
Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Therapist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 5, 2018
Job seekers, BEWARE: Don't expect to advance much with this company unless you're willing to be a corporate kiss-butt and place business values over ethical and moral values. Get in, get out, get the experience and hours you need to move on. Don't give it another thought or ounce of energy. I honed my counseling skills and earned the hours I needed to earn my full licensure. Also, maintained stable income and had access to healthcare and a 403(b) retirement plan. Higher-ups wanted me to double-book clients just to make productivity standards, which is completely out of the therapist's control because if clients decide not to show up to their appointments, productivity is jeopardized. clients are the easier part of the job and most enjoyable, documentation and the way in which management wishes you to complete documentation is the difficult part. they require both paper and electronic documentation, and wind up repeating yourself in what you document more often than not. the required documentation is highly excessive and requires at least an hour out of the regular work day to complete. management has no respect for you or the job you perform, you're just a number and will get rid of you for any reason they see fit if you don't play the business and politics game, even if you don't ethically feel that compliance with their standards is appropriate.
Pros
benefits, retirement savings, guaranteed income, supervision
Cons
poor management, lack of respect of ethical guidelines, too business-minded, poor compensation
I loved COS- staff and supervisor
Outpatient/Home based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Westland, MISeptember 21, 2018
I was very fortunate to initiate my entry into clinical work through Hegira. My supervisor was kind and compassionate however the agency in general could have done better at supporting their employees and offering encouraging incentives or helpful supports to staff. At Hegira you get your experience but in theory you don't stay long after that.
Ongoing job training and recognition.
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJuly 9, 2018
The ability to work with teams designed to provide different levels of intervention of treatment for behavioral medicine that was community based is rewarding. Utilizing person centered planing and natural supports to assist with and sustain client's treatment was successful. Receiving recognition from program manager and executive management made working for H.P.I. and honor. Also had ongoing job training to enhance mastery of clinical skills and proficiency of documentation.
Pros
Job training, supportive leadership
Intern
CM (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 28, 2018
Great place to work.
I learned about co-occurring disorders.
Culture is diverse.
Hardest part of job is keeping busy.
Lunch breaks are an hour
Staff is nice
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
slow paced
Incompetent
Crisis Screener (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 18, 2018
This company is hiring and promoting people to management who don't know how to do the job. The benefits package is good and they are flexible but the way things are run is incompetent.
Easy to learn.
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 30, 2018
Very simple platform. Needs a bit more extensive training, however, the job is easy and you can acquire a plethora of networking opportunities. Great place to work for if you are in need of some easy cash.
Pros
Free lunch is often provided.
Cons
Very little manegerial help for night shift.
Amazing people, always helpful in a stressful profession.
Field Internship (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMay 17, 2018
Everyone is a team player, always helpful. The hardest part of the job is the profession that you are in a social worker. Working in a happy environment with help and caring people made it easier.
Pros
Benefits, co workers
Cons
High case load
great place to work
Lead Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 2, 2018
Great co-workers. Clean work environment. Team members work together to get the job done!!
Encouragement to pursue work in utilization. Would like to advocate for longer nursing hours to provide case management to clients requiring long term placement issues.
Pros
Team workers
Cons
Need RN 12 hour shifts!!
Poor Management
Data Entry / Monitor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 25, 2018
Very poor management. Must of the people are friendly, but you will know who not to talk to fast. Management gossip about the employees to each other. Very unprofessionally ran company.
Trial by Fire
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 25, 2018
The job itself is a good job for those looking to get into the mental health field. At least my position was. They pay isn't horrible and there was never an issue with my check being late.

management and the social structure on the other hand makes you want to scratch your head. They are trying to do good work there, but they hire some of the wrong type of people, people who care more about socializing, starting drama or being a busy body rather than working the job.

I think with better quality employees, the place would be more successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hegira Health, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Hegira Health, Inc. Reviews by Location