HEI Hotels & Resorts
57Below average

HEI Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

United States307 reviews
Fair work environment
Helping out with other guests was a pleasure. It helped me grow to my future career. I liked seeing the diverse amount of faces in the lobby. I love working in hospitality
January 16, 2020
Thank you for this feedback! One of the best parts of working in Hospitality is interacting with so many new people.
Wiser to keep on looking.....
Their centralized office in Orlando is nothing short of an accounting chop-shop. Office head does not hold a college degree nor do several of the directors and accountants employed here. Constant turnover, as in seeing a new face every 2-3 months is generally accepted and commonplace. The hotels they manage and prepare financial documents for are mostly in collapse with severe legal and bad debt issues. Workload is excessive, training is non-existent and zero support is offered while management pins operational quagmires on low-level employees. Head of office is a textbook example of a pathological liar and functioning alcoholic. Questionable background with former substance abuse issues. No HR onsite. No process nor structure to what they do nor controls in place for the madness they've created for themselves. Employees are lied to. Hotel owners are lied to. And financial documents, balance sheets/P&Ls are mostly cooked up. The company and this particular office are a very bad joke that will leave a sour taste in your mouth. Nearly everyone hired on at this office abandon it the first chance they get. Bizarre to say the least. Amazing, the IRS hasn't become involved to-date.
Pros
Cons
Every single aspect of this office and company
fun place to work
really nice place to work and to build to some experience. Mmanagement is nice and will help you develop your capacity .jsvshvfhwhhdsvhsdhvasvhsqdvhsavsadhvsdahvsadhvsahvsfhvsfavhsfvhsfvhsafvhsfahfhfsafshasfahsfahsfhgfsagsfgsafhghsfaghsfghsaghfshgsfahghsafghsfghsfgsfhghsfahgfshgsfghsfaghsafhgshf
Stay away
No care in the world for its employees. Both management and hourly. Worked for HEI for over 3 years and there was zero care all the way up to corporate. That is actually where the issue starts. At the corporate office
Runnnnnn
Worked in spa. It used to be luxury property but when HEI took over it went downhill. Guests started to not return. They don’t train new hires properly and the level of service has plummeted. Management could care less. They cut corners all the way around to save money but at the expense of what you need to do your job appropriately. Long hours with no overtime. It’s horrible I have much more but there isn’t enough space there
February 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. I would like to discuss and understand your concerns further. Please send me an email at jprice@heihotels.com so that we can work to improve your experience!
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great Place to Work
I enjoyed my time working for HEI. They gave me opportunities to learn Front Desk, Housekeeping and Valets operations. I enjoyed coming to work everyday. I would love an opportunity to work for HEI again. Benefits are wonderful and fairly priced and free meals are good as well.
February 18, 2020
We greatly appreciate this feedback! HEI values cross training to help promote internal development and well rounded training background our associates!
Great job
This is a great company to work for. I ended up working here because I knew the manager. He is a great person. I work in the restaurant, not the hotel.
February 13, 2020
Thank you for taking a moment to provide these comments - we love when our associates refer other friends and colleagues to join HEI's team!
Profit over people
Profit over people / poor business resulting in lack of true care for guests and associates / poor upper management from a regional level / do not trust executive level at the hotel to make sound decisions, resulting in failing every time
February 10, 2020
We appreciate your feedback, and are eager to improve. Can you please provide more details on your concerns to jprice@heihotels.com? We look forward to speaking with you.
Horrible Management
The worst hotel to have ever worked for. All the executive team members were horrible and talked about the employees in an open form. They did not care about nothing but making money. Understaff all the time huge turnover, and they didn't care since they were not on the front line.
Pros
Cons
Stay Away
February 10, 2020
We are sorry your experience working with HEI was not as positive as we strive for it to be, and we would like to learn more about your time on property so that we can improve for other associates. Please reach out to jprice@heihotels.com and we can discuss your concerns.
Great Environment
HEI is a pleasure to work for. Very detailed payroll department. Supportive team and supervisory staff. Work life balance perks and flexible hours with the opportunity to work remote.
January 17, 2020
Thank you for this great feedback! Having a supportive team and a great supervisor makes coming to work and succeeding that much more special!
Don't recommend
Work & life balance didn't really exist with the company. The Manager would schedule you 10hr a day & give you split days off. Did really give you time to spend time with your family & didn't give you time you have your suits cleaned. Also they expected you to work with less employees & still be able to do the same amount of work. Wouldn't recommend working here.
January 13, 2020
The Hospitality industry can be quite demanding with hours and days needed, as we provide service to guests 24/7. This can absolutely interfere with family time should their schedules be different. We are sorry that your experience has not been positive, if you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail, please reach out to jprice@heihotels.com!
Diverse and Fun Workplace
a typical day is pretty busy but it is not difficult to manage your tasks if you are well organized. Every day is pretty different, granted that it is a part of the hospitality industry but that's the enjoyable part.
Pros
Free lunches, Understanding with the hours especially for students, benefits, paid holidy
Cons
can be extremely tight on the hours in slow seasons
January 8, 2020
We appreciate this feedback, and understand how slower seasons in the hotel can mean less available hours, which can be frustrating. We are glad you are enjoying your time with HEI!
Great people with leadership crisis
This review is specifically covering the Norwalk office as I do not work in the field or any of the hotels

The majority of the people that work here are highly capable professionals. The office is a fun environment with the occasional free lunch and activities

Benefits and bonuses have steadily increased since I started a couple of years ago

The main issue is the lack of leadership from the EVP and COO levels The communication has changed from collaboration to intimidation and from my seat, the results have gotten worse There is a pervasive bias prevalent which shows in promotion choices It may be time to get some competent, experienced people back at the helm
January 9, 2020
Thank you for your feedback, if you would like to discuss your concerns further and provide more detail so that we can work to improve, please reach out to me directly at jprice@heihotels.com.
The Complex Food and Beverage Director at EnVue Autograph Collection Hotels / Residence Inn Weehawken is inconsiderate and treats employees as objects. She was the reason why the employees called the union. And she is not fair with the schedules.
December 30, 2019
Thank you for taking a moment to review your experience with HEI. I would encourage you to speak directly with your HR Leadership and Supervisor to discuss ways to improve the environment. If you would like to speak more in detail regarding your concerns, please reach out to me directly at jprice@heihotels.com.
Great training leads to personal development and opportunities for promotions (hard work rewarded)
If you work hard and have a passion for hospitality, HEI will give you the opportunity to advance your career and you can enjoy great career and financial success. HEI's place in the industry is amongst the very best and the talent they attract (at all levels) will enable you to learn, develop and ride the wave to your own personal career success. There are people that started out as associates or hourly staff and moved up the ranks to manager and then on to Directors, executive staff at the hotels and VP's in their corporate office.
December 18, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review! We appreciate all you do for your hotel and HEI as a whole.
HEI Hotels & Resorts is a good company to work for
I really like working for HEI Hotels & Resorts. They are a fair company to work for. They give you a lot of tools to help you do your job and expect results.

The management structure espouses a good work/life balance. Unfortunately, sometimes the work gets in the way of life because there are due dates that need to be met.
December 18, 2019
We appreciate this feedback! The Hospitality industry is very exciting and can be unpredictable at times, but we hope with the right tools and training our associates are equipped to meet their goals and achieve the desired results.
HEI - A Great Place to Work
Great people,aligned with a common vision to be the best in class. Collaborative culture. There is the opportunity to advance quickly within the organization by demonstrating strong leadership and initiative. You work with a highly skilled, highly motivated group of people and you enjoy coming to work every day!
December 18, 2019
You are set up for success if everyone on your team has the same goal and work collaboratively to achieve that goal! Thank you for this review!
Teamwork builds success
With a variety of upscale hotels and resorts in top tier destinations, working for HEI has given me the chance to learn about multiple hotel brands and markets and enhance my overall skills. There is a spirit of teamwork where corporate and property teams work together to define and execute revenue strategies for the hotels to grow revenue and market share YOY.
December 18, 2019
We appreciate these comments! Thank you for highlighting what HEI has to offer.
Good Company To Work For
I am a corporate employee who travels for a living.
Good company to work for.

Good tools to do the job.

Interesting properties.

Good back to the basics company so all can learn.
December 18, 2019
This feedback is very appreciated. We hope with the best tools and training, all associates are prepared to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.
A lot of work, but rewarding.
Great work culture, and you learn a lot on the job about the hospitality industry if this is your first job in the field. It is a lot of work, everyone does the job of two people, but if your passionate and hardworking it can be a rewarding challenge. A ton of room for growth, and many opportunities for internal promotions.
December 18, 2019
This is some great feed back - thank you! Internal growth is incredibly important to HEI's culture, and we pride ourselves on industry-leading levels of internal promotions! Celebrating the hard work of our associates at all levels is crucial to our success.
Working for HEI
Working for HEI is great! Coworkers, Supervisors and Managers alike are always willing to help you grow in knowledge and in your career. Great pay for the hospitality industry and the people are all the top in their profession.
December 18, 2019
By hiring the top talent in the Hospitality industry, and then providing further training and development, we are creating a culture of shared knowledge and passion. We only succeed together!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEI Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight