Heidelberg Distributing Company Employee Reviews

above caption says don't do it I second that !
Driver Recon Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2019
This was a great company, until management ran it in to the ground. The blonde bimbo that took over for the retired office manager destroyed the hard work and that made Heidelberg what it was ! I am glad that I am out of there. The most enjoyable part of my job was what great benefits it once had, we were really like a family there and one person completely torn it apart it so sad...
They took all the fun out of a fun industry
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 27, 2018
Upper management is not always the smartest, most visionary individuals. Everything is a "box" and most lack any real product knowledge in an industry that is all about product knowledge. I don't know how you take the fun out of alcohol sales, but they have managed to do it.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Bad Management and Vision. Nepotism is rampant.
Heidelberg was not great in the warehouse.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHDecember 23, 2018
Warehouse work is very strenuous, and Heidelberg is no exception. It was an ok summer job for the money, but I wouldn't stay there for too long. It was a college job, not a life one.
Don't do it.
Little of everything (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHAugust 1, 2018
I worked at Heidelberg for over 10 years and the best thing I ever did was leave. Culture is horrible- unless you like drinking & cheating with coworkers and have no morals. Management is pathetic. They do not care about their employees and will hug you while they stab you in the back. Wages are low and benefits are not the greatest. If you have other job opportunities I would suggest going somewhere else. You will be better off somewhere else.They pride themselves on their "core values", but I assure you it's nothing but words that sound good. They do not value dedication, loyalty, teamwork, and knowledge. Just, don't do it. You can do better- trust me!!!
good
Transport Specialist/Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 30, 2018
Responsible for delivering perishable items to designated area on a timely basis with urgency and accuracy. Great attention to detail while securing and ensuring food cross contamination was minimal risk factor. Made punctual and timely delivery, using professional attitude, building customer relations and ensuring customer retention
Excellent company with many opportunities for advancement
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 6, 2017
I enjoyed my opportunity with Heidelberg Distributing. I was treated fairly and with respect. They are rapidly expanding their portfolio in a very competitive marketplace and offered sales support and training to sales team in preparation for the expansion.
stressful
Picker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 31, 2017
to pick cases of beer and wine then load onto trucks till all orders are filled, learned how to work a riding pallet jack. management was not good they played around and didn't care for you
Fast paced industry
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 24, 2017
A beverage distribution company in Northwest Ohio. This company has one of the most diverse amount of brands in the beer, wine, and diluted spirits industry. Working for them means promoting new distribution, obtaining display space, and shelf management of all products.
Pros
New items constantly coming to market.
Cons
Holidays are extremely busy.
Good place to work, but very demanding
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHSeptember 13, 2016
At Heidelberg, they only want the best. A typical night involved the loading and unloading of pallets of product. Management was easy to get along with and fun, as well as my fellow employees. However, the job is very physically demanding, and if you don't maintain a pick rate of at least 60 picks/hour, for anywhere from 12 to 16 hours, they will fire you. Also, they have a union, but you aren't in until you have been with the company for 90 days, and even then you must be voted in. Manager gets the final say.
Pros
Long breaks, Union, easy application
Cons
Extreme physical demands, High bar to entry
Fun staff but management is not the greatest
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2016
The job duties were very simple and loved the fast pace environment. Needs more organization and upgraded software to help organize a bit.
Great distributorship
District Sales Manager/Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioJuly 27, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this family-based, Ohio, distributor. I learned every facet of the job while working here, with attention to on-premise & off-premise retail sales. It was here that I developed my sales techniques, learned to manage a sales team, and make sales calls to regional retail buyers.
Great management and easy to learn
Distributing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg Distributing Company, Perrysburg OhioMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at Heidelberg consisted of stacking empty kegs to be off-loaded, putting away various product that was not put away the night before, filling orders for both salesmen and customers and taking those orders out to their cars, and continuously cleaning the warehouse on down time. I learned a great deal about what it takes to run a distributing company. I had relatively no experience coming into the job and came away with a greater appreciation for the men and women that do that type of manual labor on a daily basis. My bosses were what made this job one of my favorites. They were easy to talk to and loved to joke around. My co-workers were very knowledgeable people and I loved learning the business from them. The hardest part of the job was definitely the manual labor aspect but the best part of the job was learning about a lot of different wines and beers.
Professional
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHFebruary 28, 2014
Typical day - Fill out invoices, check product on the truck, do pre trip, deliver to various locations.

Learned - Customer service skills, account management, proper lifting techniques

Most enjoyable part of the job was it was never the same and never got repetative
Pros
outdoors, never the same
Cons
weather conditions