Heifer International

Heifer International Employee Reviews

United States51 reviews
Delightful experience and wonderful atmosphere.
A typical day at working at Heifer Ranch was difficult but definitely fulfilling work. The knowledge i learned was invaluable and the people i met will be my closet friends for the rest of my life.
Very warm and family oriented
Unfortunately my time with Heifer International was a temporary assignment but if felt like a lifetime. The Organization itself is very empowering and self reliant it made perfect sense why the diligent and friendly staff matched it's ambition. What made my experience even more amazing is my transition from the food industry to clerical couldn't have been done at a better place.
Being devoted
You should behave well and devoted to your job. Customer satisfaction is our top priority therefore, you have to focus on the tasks your manager gives you and being innovative some time to time
The overall experience has been educational
The Heifer International organizational is committed to assist in ending glodal hunger, although the current role that I have doest have room for advancement.
Great place
Easy work
Great cause

Great environment! I would go back. It's a seasonal job that hires during the holiday seasons downtown near the Clinton Library.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Great Job
Great nonprofit and wonderful work environment. Heifer International Little Rock, AR campus is beautiful and helps to relieve stress throughout the workday with the natural wildlife around the building; turtles, fish in the pond, cow, pig, goats, Alpaca, and much more. Great to help donors in giving to them in need.
Fun place to work.
It was fun and interesting learning something new working at Heifer International. Nice working environment and I would love to work their full time.
Toxic environment for temps; Workplace was laden uneducated lowlifes and college rejects
Temp workers were positioned to feel inferior and excluded (socially and professionally) from the permanent workers at Heifer. This was tragic because management kept an obvious divide between the temp workers and the tenured workers. Through the nonexistent benefits, management that was reluctant to connect with and advance temps, and the management's low hiring standards that resulted in underqualified and substandard team members, working at Heifer was far from ideal. I had a higher expectation for the treatment of entry-levels workers from a company whose mission is steeped in humanitarianism AND one where their nonprofit CEO is making over $400k a year (as of 2017).
empowering mission to end hunger and care for the earth
flexible work schedule. great benefits. staff committed to the mission. low rate of staff turnover. great intra organizational internal communication platform.
Pros
excellent mission
great place to work and grow
great place to work. very independent work most of the time. didnt have no issues. idk what else to say, because i didn't plan n ding all of this. great
temp
great place to work. wish i lived closer now and was able to stay. but we had to move out of state. Heifer is a great organization and people-focused.
Great job
Overall the job was great, nice atmosphere great people. Work alone in your own cubical. Working to help other around the world is what this is b is based upon and I loved it.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
temp job
Organize, Structure, Detail oriented.
The people were nice, lean alot of customer service functions. It was well structure and organize. Some of functions provided was customer service, volunteers, dat entry.
productive and fun work place
9 to 5 management laid back. All different nationalities. Hardest part of the day is just getting out of bed to get there. The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting given expectations.
Pros
Fun and friendly
work is good
job not stable due to fluctuations in public donations

jobs are eliminated if public donations do not meet operating standards

too much in-fighting
Pros
excellent mission
Cons
too political
It's a Good Job
This job is really nice. The staff are nice. The facility is clean and beautiful. They do very good work for the world. It's very slow paced during certain times of the year, and then very fast paced at certain times of the year.

The culture of the workplace is very liberal politically. At first I thought politics wouldn't be mentioned, but I was wrong. If you're capable of remaining neutral despite having opposing view points it'll still be a great place to work.

Everyone is generally friendly, I've never had a problem with anyone. It's a bit too relaxed and slow for my taste sometimes. Other times it has a very good pace to work, that still allows you time to breathe. They have set expectations you're expected to reach, which is helpful to have a goal to work towards.

What I've experienced is that they're understanding of people taking care of their business. They know everyone isn't a robot, and that people get sick, have family who get sick, or have pressing matters to attend to.
Pros
nice attendance policy, nice people, good management, beautiful facility, a good working goal
Cons
slow paced, political atmosphere
Typical day at work
A typical day of work included answering calls and accepting and processing donations. The management team was super friendly yet professional. It was a very good environment to work in.
Great place to work!
I enjoyed the work and family oriented environment. The management team were so helpful and encouraging. If it hadn't been a temp job I'd still be working there!
One of the best jobs I've ever had
I absolutely loved working here. The atmosphere is so cool and all the employees are so kind, knowledgeable and helpful. It's just a place you can go where everyone seems happy to be there!
Pros
Flexible with time off requests
Cons
Job security isn't great
Heifer International
Great place to work. The mission and culture of the organization are reflected in the way it treated its employee. I would highly recommend Heifer International.
Temp to hire?
My typical day would change depending on which department I was working in. As a Temp I have been moved around a bit.

I didn't feel a lot of security. I know people liked me, but I had the thought of "Will I have a job in a couple weeks?" every few of months.

I really enjoy getting to know the people, and many different areas, but I would have liked to stay in one spot long term.

I was told stories often of people who were temp to hire, but there is no guarantee that you would be one of them.

Overall this has been a great experience, and I have been able to learn new skills.
Pros
Yogo Wednesdays, Cafe Discounts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heifer International. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight