Heifer International Employee Reviews

It's a Good Job
Temp - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 13, 2018
This job is really nice. The staff are nice. The facility is clean and beautiful. They do very good work for the world. It's very slow paced during certain times of the year, and then very fast paced at certain times of the year.

The culture of the workplace is very liberal politically. At first I thought politics wouldn't be mentioned, but I was wrong. If you're capable of remaining neutral despite having opposing view points it'll still be a great place to work.

Everyone is generally friendly, I've never had a problem with anyone. It's a bit too relaxed and slow for my taste sometimes. Other times it has a very good pace to work, that still allows you time to breathe. They have set expectations you're expected to reach, which is helpful to have a goal to work towards.

What I've experienced is that they're understanding of people taking care of their business. They know everyone isn't a robot, and that people get sick, have family who get sick, or have pressing matters to attend to.
Pros
nice attendance policy, nice people, good management, beautiful facility, a good working goal
Cons
slow paced, political atmosphere
Working at Heifer was a good experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 16, 2018
I received incoming calls from people who wanted to donate to Heifer International. I also had to make some outbound calls. I learned how to multitask calls and working emails. I was able to improve my skills in communication. The management team was demanding, but fair. I accomplished the goals set for me. The workplace culture was competitive, which was both a benefit and sometimes a problem. It helped to improve my skills on the job.
Great place to work!
Donor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed the work and family oriented environment. The management team were so helpful and encouraging. If it hadn't been a temp job I'd still be working there!
One of the best jobs I've ever had
Donations Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 30, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. The atmosphere is so cool and all the employees are so kind, knowledgeable and helpful. It's just a place you can go where everyone seems happy to be there!
Pros
Flexible with time off requests
Cons
Job security isn't great
Great place to work. Great culture.
Senior Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 18, 2018
Great place to work. Great culture. Coworkers are friendly. There is work life balance. Heifer mission is valued by employees. Working at Heifer was a rewarding experience to me.
Heifer International
Volunteer and Internship Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 1, 2018
Great place to work. The mission and culture of the organization are reflected in the way it treated its employee. I would highly recommend Heifer International.
Temp to hire?
Temp in various positions (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 15, 2018
My typical day would change depending on which department I was working in. As a Temp I have been moved around a bit.

I didn't feel a lot of security. I know people liked me, but I had the thought of "Will I have a job in a couple weeks?" every few of months.

I really enjoy getting to know the people, and many different areas, but I would have liked to stay in one spot long term.

I was told stories often of people who were temp to hire, but there is no guarantee that you would be one of them.

Overall this has been a great experience, and I have been able to learn new skills.
Pros
Yogo Wednesdays, Cafe Discounts
Review
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Perryville, ARMay 8, 2018
This is a good place for some philanthropy or a more "liberal" view of agriculture. It does not pay a ton but you don't pay for your housing and they can provide a vehicle if needed.
Overall laid back days. Stressful around the holidays. Nice people.
Donor Services (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2018
On the phones answering donor questions and solving donor problems.
I learned how to use multiple programs: Oracle, Sprinklr, etc.
Co-workers nice and and relaxed.
The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking during the holidays;especially, working phone and several chats at the same time.
Talking with donors, solving problems, co-workers, and Heifer International's mission to end hunger and poverty.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere. Good cause
Cons
Short breaks and no benefits as a temp.
Love My Coworkers and Great Hours
Database and Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2014
This nonprofit organization exist for a great purpose. I will always be a supporter. The people who work there are always working to meet goals for the beneficiaries of each project. They are competent and willing to do what is needed to meet the donor's needs. Typically everyone is free to work in their own pace, which means if you need something resolved fast and quickly, that may not happen. Usually you don't need to be in a hurry and have plenty of time to do your work. All in all, it's a great place to work.
Pros
great benefits, good management, great mission, laid back
Cons
OK compensation, limited tech solution

Want to know more about Heifer International?

Ask a question
Productive company and fun to work at
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 23, 2017
Nice company to work for. They appreciate your hard work and dedication by providing free catered lunches even if you are a temporary worker. The hardest part of working their was they had a huge layoff. I returned back to the company upon request a few months later that made me feel like they knew I was a hard worker and team player. Thank you very much. Only gave 1 star for benefits because I was a temp.
Pros
free lunches, festive christmas party
Heifer International is the BEST non-profit
Internet Development and Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 15, 2013
How can you improve upon a mission to end hunger and poverty; not by just providing immediate need, but also education, training, values that sustain an entire community? Well, everyday Heifer is improving; helping more people while trying to end hunger on a global scale. Heifer's employees believe in this mission, so they are inspired to get things done; and driven to solve problems. Every employee is empowered to add to the mission of ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth.
Pros
excellent benefits, lots of paid holidays, vacation, sick days
love it
Donor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 22, 2018
Heifer was a very great place to work. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the overall mission is great. The care about there employees and are very professional but also are very close kind of like a family.
This was a club
Vice President Lake Travis High School Chapter (Former Employee) –  Lakeway, TXSeptember 12, 2017
This was a club in High School. There was never an option for compensation or pay, you were there because you cared and wanted to be there. They did excellent work!!!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Heifer International
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 16, 2015
I love my job but have decided to take retirement from my job and move to West Memphis to be closer to my Mom. I need to help out with her care.

A typical day at Heifer is running reports, keeping up with 3 email addresses that include Education, Community Education Coordinators and taking care of the EVP of Marketing, Resource & Development. Setting up meetings, ordering supplies, making travel arrangements, or anything needed during the day.
Pros
They provide me with a phone, ipad, and a laptop computer. Great benefits and a great work environment.
Cons
There are none.
productive and growing
animal care and management (Former Employee) –  rukomoSeptember 28, 2017
my being at heifer international was enjoyed as there was team work and result oriented team, i learnt how to associate with people especially local farmers, the job was hard due to poor roads in remote areas however we could make it through, enjoyable part is that we could have training from country director in different perspective, direct interactions with farmers also helped much in understanding different people's behaviors in the the community
Pros
free launch and accomodation
Cons
transport
Program Officer - Central/Eastern Europe Program (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 2, 2015
Lots to learn at this company. You will learn about poverty all over the world and how Heifer is making a difference. Compensation is good and you feel as though you are helping make a difference in the world.
Pros
Travel
Very good craft of work
Global Volunteer Educator (Current Employee) –  Rutland, MANovember 20, 2017
I recommend for anybody willing to see the world in a different way, the employees are very good. A lot of fun activities and hands on experience, you can not go wrong by choosing heifer
Impact driven and very much values oriented with room for improvement in professional advancement
Vice President, Africa Program (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR, USANovember 17, 2011
Practices a values-based approach to development and that has made it successful in transforming lives and empowering the very poor
Pros
flex working hours, culture of promoting gender and diversity
Cons
too many meetings
Fun, educational work experience
Farm Hand (Current Employee) –  Rutland, MAMarch 1, 2016
I have learned a lot during my time at Heifer Farm. Including, sustainable agriculture practices, and maintenance and care of a farm. I believe in what Heifer stands for and am proud to have had the opportunity to be part of the fight to end hunger and poverty.