Heilind Electronics Employee Reviews

Very caring management
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 18, 2019
Depending on your position, things can be pretty fast paced. Most of the management is great! They treat you like a human and are NOT big headed over their position title. They are very open to helping you find a position that suits you best if you are currently doing something you aren't interested in or are not really understanding. As long as you put the effort in, they take pretty good care of their employees.
Pros
Paid birthday
Cons
Unpaid lunch and one 10 minute break
Horrible place lacks serious communication and supervisor lacks serious management I don't recomend anyone working here.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 5, 2019
Management is really poor they dont communicate with workers and they choose favorites to hire in. They dont give rasies till every year is quilifed and its only a few cents compared to how much the compamy makes they scam people. Supervisor (TJ) is very small minded and doesn't interact with his coworkers especially with issues going on with your employment. Dont apply here.
Some good people to work with.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 3, 2019
Good company to work for. They have built a brand new building
it is nice and clean. They have what they call pop corn Friday
You can eat as much as you want, for free. But you can only
eat it in the lunch room. A very nice lunch room by the way.
Most of the co workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
Only thing I don't like about working here is it's in Mentor,Ohio.
Which is far from my home in Shaker Hts, Ohio.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Location far from home
Very unprofessional
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2019
The Phoenix Supervisor is a very unprofessional. If she is hungover its going to be a long day. You get yelled at in front of your coworkers when you make a simple mistake. You are over worked and under paid. Not appreciated. I would not recommend this company to my enemy.
Friendly and relaxing
Putaway (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 23, 2019
It is a fun place to work just not enough hour, we have weekends off everytime there are 3 shifts first shift is at 1am-10am 2nd shift is 8am-530pm and last shift is 10am-7pm
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
1am-10am
Heilind was a good company to work for, but the cons outweigh the pros.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 13, 2019
First of all they did not pay well enough. Hired on employees that have been there for several years were only getting paid the same as new temps. Management played heavy on favoritism and stressed the good workers to do more and more but there was no room for advancement unless you were one of the “favorites”. Did not show appreciation to the good employees. Only consequence was shown when needed. Some supervisors abused their titles and lacked professionalism when they were “stressed”. Raises were only given once a year but it wasn’t even guaranteed. If you did get it, it was only cents and NEVER more than .50 cents.
Pros
Hour lunch, weekends off, holiday pay.
Cons
Short breaks, bad management
Workplace Culture
Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  AustinDecember 12, 2018
The people I worked with were great. I really liked them alot. I thought everything was fine until I was thrown out like yesterdays' trash. No warning. No reason. No option to come & retrieve my stuff. Just idle threats. To this day, I still have no answers, but they ruined my life & put me in a hole....would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!!!
Cons
lunch meetings, no pay but a free meal which is less than your hourly wage unless your salaried
Please production
Kitter / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Highland Hts, OHDecember 9, 2018
Nice place to work training good . I you have a good eye for detail this is the place . Need to be quick alot of orders daily, need to get out on timely manner
typical work day
Cable Assembler/IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJOctober 12, 2018
Reading prints, following prints to correctly complete the procedure in a reasonable time frame. which includes cutting wire, heat solder, qc inspections, adding contacts, qc inspection again, adding other parts in the prints.
Pros
nice people and not a bad company if they could fix the cons.
Cons
poor team leads and quality control
Excellent place to work! Great management and work/life balance.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MASeptember 15, 2018
I have worked for Heilind as an Inside Sales Manager for a little over four years. I worked for a major Corporation prior to joining Heilind for many years. I was immediately impressed with the culture. Heilind is very family-focused and concerned about the well-being of their employees, and the employees' families. They are very supportive and flexible (within reason) when family or personal issues arise.

I have also found my direct Manager to be very supportive as it relates to growing our business, helping customers, engaging with vendors, and always "doing the right thing" for all involved. This holds true throughout Heilind.

For a privately held company, Heilind does a lot of things right, and even better than the large corporation for which I worked previously.
They are focused on smart-growth and revenues, and willing to invest in inventory to support customers. Service is always at top-of-mind at Heilind. They do not let anything get in the way of taking care of the customer

Everyone has a voice, and it is often said that "No one wins a piece of business alone, at Heilind, and no one loses a piece of business alone at Heilind."

I have never worked for a finer organization.
Pros
Inventory, support, flexibility, customer-centric, well received in the marketplace, and family focused
Cons
Conservative pay
Work experience
Heilind Electronics gave me an opportunity to succeed and I am grateful for that. I started in the warehouse and worked my way up to an Account service manger,
Low pay and no OT
Kitter, Puller, Shipper (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 12, 2018
Low salary for the hard work most of us go through. Didn’t offer part time for ones juggling school and other part time jobs. Rarely get any overtime because my shift was the last shift to ship orders. I saw a lot of my coworkers quit because of that. However, supervisors seem to be very understanding of personal situation of some employees (i.e. family emergencies).
But I think they can do better on salary.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Low salary
a typical day
picker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 8, 2018
i only worked there for six months but everyone was nice it a can be fast paced . it is a big warehouse full of part that need pulled for orders in bins so it can be hard to find sometimes
Great work environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2018
Worked at Heilind for 11 years. Heilind was very good to me and paid well, The environment was excellent vert up beat. Co-workers are great people.
Territory Management
Business Development Mgr (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2018
Scheduling, Planning, Account Management, Sales Calls, customer meetings, appointments, corporate meetings, sales meetings, customer retention, budgets, forecasts
A so-so place of employment- not my favorite
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHMay 21, 2018
My co-workers, I give an "A" to. I loved them. However the "overall" review of Heilind is I'm glad I'm not there anymore -due to an excruciating low pay for a VERY long time. 9 years to be exact. They talk a big game that their employees mean a lot to them, but their work expectations of you are OFF THE CHARTS on how much you can handle. They give ZERO raises, ZERO Christmas bonuses, they changed their way of "earning" your vacation time - which was RIDICULOUSLY OUTRAGEOUS, their health, eye and life insurance rates are COMPLETELY AND 100% UNREASONABLE for busting your butt weekly. They definitely favor the upper management and for being a MULTI-MILLION dollar company ONE WOULD THINK...that they'd give WAAAAAY more back to the people that are making it happen day in and day out of the basic operations of their company. I also didn't receive an "exit interview" which is supposed to be part of their company policy - I don't really care, however just shows that it's one more thing not done the way it's supposed to be done. A LONG learning experience, but AGAIN, thrilled I'm no longer there.
Pros
my co-workers were my friends and a few for life
Cons
All listed in my review....
warehouse
Kitter (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHApril 23, 2018
Take carts from line and fill orders.
Learned that a lot of people would take the easy carts and leave the hard carts, even though we were suppose to go in order.
If management like you, you were ok. If they didn't like you then they would be on you every day about every little thing.
Was like you were in high school and people would jump on you about anything management didn't really do anything about it.
Some of the employees were friendly and helpful
Pros
free lunches for Christmas and thanksgiving.
Cons
always changing your hours, didn't ask if they switched you to another shift
easy simple place to work.
Puller (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHApril 5, 2018
a typical day at work would usually be slow waiting for the orders so i can go pull them off the shelves. id usually be waiting around for some period of time waiting for them to come in
High paced sales office
Customer Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 13, 2018
Inside sales fast paced sales lots of emails
Field sales fast paced and takes lots of drive and determination
Branch management could be a little more helpful and involved more with sales.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the emails
Most enjoyable is the rewards and commissions.
Good Company
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMarch 12, 2018
Responsible for all sales activity in domestic and international territory. Products sold are stainless steel tubing, micro machined components and assemblies to the medical device industry focusing on minimally invasive, orthopedic, cardiovascular, robotic and sports medicine segments. Decision makers include Engineering, Supply Chain and Purchasing Managers with a heavy emphasis on building relationships with Executive Management.