Heitmeyer Consulting Employee Reviews

Misled and Mistreated
Senior Implementation Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2018
I had worked for Heitmeyer in the past, so I felt confident that leaving my currently, stable, local job and taking on a project that involved travel was a safe and respectable career move. Unfortunately, I couldn't have been treated more poorly this time around...being dumped from a project with little or no explanation as to why...even after being told how valuable I was and necessary to the project on multiple occasions and that my job was 100% secure.
This time around...as with last time...I left a secure, permanent job to work for Heitmeyer. The most recent project was suppose to last at least 12 months, if not longer. I was asked to travel morel than anyone else on the team due to my role. I agreed and said I would travel as much as it took to make sure the project was a success. Less than 3 months in to the project....after being told multiple times by the onsite Heitmeyer program manager just how valuable I was to the project, that my position was necessary and secure, and after flying back and forth weekly for months at great sacrifice to myself and my family...I was asked to send back my laptop. No detail was given as to why I was being removed from the project other than to say the project is "on-hold". I was told I would be brought back once the client was again prepared to move forward with project, but I never heard another word from Heitmeyer. The Heitmeyer site manager at the time said he had another project that I could work on in the mean time...asked me to submit an updated resume (which I did) so he could submit me for it, but I never heard from
  more... him again. I reached out via text and email over the next few weeks, and never received a response.
I'm very disappointed at how I've been treated by this company that I've been loyal to.
Frustrated, I reached out to the owner (who I had met before in person and had talked to many times over the phone) if he would chat with me so I could better understand where things stood regarding the projects, but was told he was too busy.
Its been 3 months now since I returned my laptop and I've never heard another word from Heitmeyer.
I understand business/projects/situations change...its the nature of the job...but there is no excuse for how disrespectful I've been treated. At the very minimum, somebody at Heitmeyer should have been upfront and honest with me about what was going on. I deserved at least that given my dedication to them.
In my 25 years of professional experience....both permanent and contract positions...I have never been treated more unprofessionally or with so little respect as I was with this company. I'm in financial distress because of what happened....and nobody at Heitmeyer has apparently even thought twice about it.
I'm currently unemployed and looking for work and Christmas is weeks away. I once thought this company was run by dignified individuals who actually cared about their employees. Sadly, its more of the same corporate coldness that I hate...but have learned to live with.
Pros
Pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of integrity and truthfulness by mgr/leadership/owner.
Norm was gret to work for
Project Manager Key Bank/ First Niagara Merger (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 28, 2018
Work was enjoyable. Management was hands off ut kept us accountable. The hardest part of the job was ther weather in Buffalo. I enjoyed the people. felt sorry fot hose that had to be let go because of the merger.
Great company to work for!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 18, 2017
I have totally enjoyed working for Heitmeyer Consulting. They took my work experience and needs and matched them to a client where I would be a good fit for them, and vice versa. They truly cared about lining up the right people with the right client. They offered benefits, too, which a lot of consulting companies do not do. Their office staff is very responsive. Any time I had a question or needed help with something, they were always available. I enjoyed working for the client, too, and really helped them with their needs. Heitmeyer has a great name in the banking industry. You can't go wrong working for them!
Pros
Very responsive, health benefits, 401K, truly care about you
Excellent Consulting Company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 18, 2017
Heitmeyer Consulting was refreshing to work with. The recruiter that I worked with was very upfront and honest with me regarding the position, their client and the pay structure. When I had questions for the recruiter, he answered them. He didn't waste my time or make me feel like I was a commodity. Highly recommend working with this group!
Pros
Great communication, honest
Cons
None that I can think of
I have removed them from every being considered again.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 3, 2017
Be very careful how the contract is written, I felt they were squeezing money out of my pay into their pockets. I will never work for them again and will never recommend them as a contracting firm.
Glad they found me
IT Project Manager - Huntington National Bank (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2017
I had a great experience with Heitmeyer. They communicated well and work with you. They have a lot of US Banking contacts. Great company for technology jobs and or banking jobs.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Non at this time
Productive and fun working environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 11, 2016
A great company to work for. Extremely fair. Very tight niche of people. Would recommend to anyone. Flexible
One of the most exciting Jobs I've had.
Contractor/Consultant - Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 17, 2012
A typical day consisted of working split shifts. For example going to a work site at 7am, working until 12pm. Reporting back at 9pm and working until 1am. I was able to set my own schedule to accommodate a 24/7 hour department. It was great!
While traveling to the different bank location I was able to meet some
of the hardest working managers, and observe their management styles.
The hardest part was leaving after staying at some of the locations for as long as 3 to 4 months at a time.

But, I love training, and mentoring. I especially enjoyed watching the staff get excited at what they were learning. When there was a go live date, and the staff was able to function during that account conversion with little or no help from me, then I new I had did what I came for.
Pros
i love training. i was in a different city often, and had the opportunity to work with a very diverse group of people.
Cons
your working even when your not working. that seems to be the nature of consulting work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heitmeyer Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about