Helen of Troy Employee Reviews

production
case pick (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 11, 2019
going to work and doing a good job. make production
different positions
it varies
different races, languages
on holidays you get to celebrate the occasion
The hardest part
Picker (Former Employee) –  MississippiNovember 23, 2018
The hardest part of the job is having long hours to work. Having to go home to children after a long day of work is the only hard thing about having this kind of job
household , hair produce,
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSNovember 16, 2018
They are very hard to work for because the hours were never set per day. And if you wanted to work overtime you had to have permission form your manager.
Pros
you were able to work at your on pace for a week.
Good place to work. Bad management but was being worked on
worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 10, 2018
Walk in and start working. it is a slow process of work but it is expected to be done quick. the hardest part of the job was to stay motivated. management would not really do a good job in keeping the team motivated self motivation was a big must. Overall it is a great place to work in. Work culture was being worked on in a positive way. I learned a lot about ETL standards in retail for different appliances.
Pros
good job. benefits were great
Cons
poor management
Very uncaring about your family life.
Forklift y (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 30, 2018
Push you to the ground with mandatory overtime, no time for family or recovery very dangerous operating a forklift exhausted all the time.pallets scattered all over warehouse making drivers wait hours for loads we can't find because of poor tracking system.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Mandatory overtime, poor inventory tracking.
Productive at fast paced
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 24, 2018
it was an good experience at helen of troy. meet a lot of new people. learn a lot in shipping out product. I learn how to be a great team lead. the hardest part was finding product and its not in the location
Crazy
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  ShippingOctober 1, 2018
This company has poor management skill ,which makes your work experience there terrible.most people come from temp agency which might as well be a day labor company because no one that come thru fits in unless maybe you have some extra quality like the ones if a woman you might make the team.some some of the employees there make you want to stay because of there kindness an willing to be proactive.training is horrible because manager don't have a clue or don't care.
Pros
You can meet some very good people there.
Cons
Need better manager
Loved my job
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 24, 2018
It is a great place to work if you work in the specific divisions. Had a great home/work balance. Great for independent work environment. New CEO taking company in a new direction - massive downsizing. Not sure what the future will bring, but wish them all well.
fine
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MASeptember 18, 2018
just fine. Not a very innovative company, but a profitable company that is growing by selling more of the same stuff to new customers around the world.
It was a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 16, 2018
Helen of Troy was a good place to work we received gifts and awards for our dedication party sometime the people there was good to get along with I never had a problem with anyone there just one thing I was let go because I wasn't certified for the forklift I was driving but I was certified the others lifts that was there but now I'm certified to operate all lift machine
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Nice environment
Produtive
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Southaven ,MsSeptember 14, 2018
Ok I had great work hours.i trained for my forklift certification on site training provided.nice environment.close to home I would definitely work for them again
Cons
Short breaks
Do not have a current reveiw for Helen of Troy
Purchasing Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Not going to comment on Helen of Troy is was good working for them and received great experience but when CEO changed everything is going down side on certain departments
Good company going through a transition, downsizing.
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 31, 2018
It's a good company that treats its employees well. It is going through downsizing, and is laying off employees. I'm not sure of that strategy, but time will tell.
Helen of Troy
Logistics Admin (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 21, 2018
Very relaxed atmosphere. However mandatory long hours with very little time off. However the work was very easy. Barely received any breaks by the time you reached the break room it was time to get back to the floor.
Fun, busy, friendly
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 15, 2018
Busy, stressful, overtime required almost daily. Professional environment, limited training. Work requirements changed a lot. It was a good place to work for, except for the required overtime daily and on weekends also.
Pros
Open lunches, as long as we would make up the time. Benefits were great.
Cons
Mandatory overtime regularly.
Cut-throat, Poor Management, favoritism
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 7, 2018
Co-workers bring kids in while working & have to talk on the phone while kids are crying. Worst manager ever. Co-workers dont show up for a full week of work yet manager babies this one as she left the business. Offered defective products and if you dont take them home, manager reprimands you. Co-workers eat smelly food in the work area and leave dirty dishes on the floor. You have 5 people giving you orders including the manager, WHO do you follow?? Just rude, and selfish and with NO training they expect you to know it all in 3 weeks. I would not recommend this employer to anyone while the Chambersburg manager is on the throne. Look elsewhere!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Evil co-workers, poor products, horrible HR, No training
productive long hour work day
lead (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 2, 2018
working for this company is sometimes good but also bad
i have learned more on how to be a better leader
the hardest part of the job is when the company gets behind on multiply orders
Pros
lot of hours
Cons
lot of physical laobor
Fun place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 1, 2018
It was nice working at Helen of Troy for 17 years. I started at the kitchen as a dish washer and transfer to the Engineering department where I worked for 16 years.
Associate Brand Manager (Contract), PUR (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 24, 2018
Company is great to work for. Leadership has it's eye on the ball. Company is performing well. Extremely strong brands with a lot of positive upside. Great.
Great people to work with
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 8, 2018
They have an excellent team that works together to meet production. The training team makes sure they touch all basics about safety and ways to properly get the job done.
Pros
Luncheons
Cons
Climate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen of Troy. Our community is ready to answer.