Helen of Troy Employee Reviews

Cut-throat, Poor Management, favoritism
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 7, 2018
Co-workers bring kids in while working & have to talk on the phone while kids are crying. Worst manager ever. Co-workers dont show up for a full week of work yet manager babies this one as she left the business. Offered defective products and if you dont take them home, manager reprimands you. Co-workers eat smelly food in the work area and leave dirty dishes on the floor. You have 5 people giving you orders including the manager, WHO do you follow?? Just rude, and selfish and with NO training they expect you to know it all in 3 weeks. I would not recommend this employer to anyone while the Chambersburg manager is on the throne. Look elsewhere!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Evil co-workers, poor products, horrible HR, No training
Fun place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 1, 2018
It was nice working at Helen of Troy for 17 years. I started at the kitchen as a dish washer and transfer to the Engineering department where I worked for 16 years.
Associate Brand Manager (Contract), PUR (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 24, 2018
Company is great to work for. Leadership has it's eye on the ball. Company is performing well. Extremely strong brands with a lot of positive upside. Great.
Great people to work with
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 8, 2018
They have an excellent team that works together to meet production. The training team makes sure they touch all basics about safety and ways to properly get the job done.
Pros
Luncheons
Cons
Climate
Terrible
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 19, 2018
Worst company I’ve ever worked for. The pay is terrible. The hours they schedule you to work is a mess. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. I would never work for this company again!
evolving culture
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 18, 2018
HR dept is trying to evolve the culture of the company greatly. some business divisions are grasping the concept others or not. room for vast improvement.
This place sucks.
Engineering Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 25, 2018
They underpay and management does not care about employees. I was laid off to save on costs while they kept people that did not even study engineering in the engineering department.
Assistant Product Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79912May 23, 2018
Created and managed Brand Equity to ensure brand strategy and product development. Interfaced with other departments to resolve problems and ensure customer requirements, complaints are understood and applied. Develop communication plans with outside agencies, taking ownership of developing and promoting all appliances under the umbrella brand of “Hot Tools” professional. Insured all regulations and compliances were met related to the government agencies. Confirming all legal lines on packaging to be complying with guidelines and documentation to support all claims.
Most depressing job ever!!!!!!!!
Box boy (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 18, 2018
Terrible place to work.I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy. Be on your feet all day. I scanned so many boxes I had nightmares I thought was gone get eaten by the box monster.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Quitting
productive work
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 8, 2018
I really enjoyed the people I worked with as a team member ,Like that some were more involved as a team most of all made sure that we got the job done on time
Productive and fun work place
SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MS and Olivebranch Ms.April 24, 2018
No complaints, Pay was decent. Management was fare. Hours were long and could get stressfull. The work was equally divided with all employees. The 7 years I was employed there was a great experience
Pros
We have been treated for lunch for great busnies
Cons
30 minutes lunch break for 12 hour shift
Steady Employment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 22, 2018
Steady employment with decent pay and benefits.
Multi-tasking required.
Customer 1st approach.
Paid time off, sick time/personal days.
Life insurance, health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, stock purchase
Benefits
Cons
Poor HR, Very little room for growth
Overworked and underpayed
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSApril 7, 2018
Stressful! Worked hard with less pay. The tasks were easy but stressful. It was a very upbeat and fast paced work environment. Worked less than 25 hours per week until peak season where we would work 10 to 12 hours per day sometimes with no break. The management tam was not as professional as expected.
Ok for entry level
Analyst Lead Inventory (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMarch 6, 2018
The job is ok. Management needs improvement. Not a career opportunity. I've worked here 2+ years and has never received a point nor write up. The work is not hard but at times management can make the job stressful.
Picked and scanned orders
Picker/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 6, 2018
there very unbalanced they work to hard don't want to pay you much to many young kids out there . Other than that it is ok I guess wasn't for me to in organized .
Pros
nice folks
Cons
dont pay enough
Good place to work at, hard to advance
Accountant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 24, 2018
Company is bringing a lot of upper management from out of El Paso. They rarely promote from within, it's easy to get stuck. Good benefits but it's difficult to negotiate a good salary.
ok
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSFebruary 24, 2018
i enjoyed the work there the pay was poor i was driving from sardis to southaven everyday it wasnt paying me enough money they still pay minimum wage which is horrible
alright place if they stop letting go all the good workers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSFebruary 12, 2018
alright place if they stop letting go all the good workers. sometimes they dont care about you an your breaks rush you off of them.. an work to many hours some days
Great place to start off working for a first job
Inventory Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSFebruary 7, 2018
company has no advancement after team lead position. company doesn't have steady job requirements. no competive pay for surrounding warhouses.evironment is fast pace
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Huge company with good development and productivity
International Accounting Manager for Latin America (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 5, 2018
This is a very good global company. May opportunities to learn and professional and personal growth. This company offers very good benefits and human treatment to employees.
Pros
Good benefits for employees
Cons
A lot of stress and overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen of Troy. Our community is ready to answer.