Helen of Troy Employee Reviews

Crazy
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  ShippingOctober 1, 2018
This company has poor management skill ,which makes your work experience there terrible.most people come from temp agency which might as well be a day labor company because no one that come thru fits in unless maybe you have some extra quality like the ones if a woman you might make the team.some some of the employees there make you want to stay because of there kindness an willing to be proactive.training is horrible because manager don't have a clue or don't care.
Pros
You can meet some very good people there.
Cons
Need better manager
fine
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MASeptember 18, 2018
just fine. Not a very innovative company, but a profitable company that is growing by selling more of the same stuff to new customers around the world.
Produtive
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Southaven ,MsSeptember 14, 2018
Ok I had great work hours.i trained for my forklift certification on site training provided.nice environment.close to home I would definitely work for them again
Cons
Short breaks
Do not have a current reveiw for Helen of Troy
Purchasing Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Not going to comment on Helen of Troy is was good working for them and received great experience but when CEO changed everything is going down side on certain departments
Good company going through a transition, downsizing.
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 31, 2018
It's a good company that treats its employees well. It is going through downsizing, and is laying off employees. I'm not sure of that strategy, but time will tell.
Helen of Troy
Logistics Admin (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 21, 2018
Very relaxed atmosphere. However mandatory long hours with very little time off. However the work was very easy. Barely received any breaks by the time you reached the break room it was time to get back to the floor.
Fun, busy, friendly
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 15, 2018
Busy, stressful, overtime required almost daily. Professional environment, limited training. Work requirements changed a lot. It was a good place to work for, except for the required overtime daily and on weekends also.
Pros
Open lunches, as long as we would make up the time. Benefits were great.
Cons
Mandatory overtime regularly.
Cut-throat, Poor Management, favoritism
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 7, 2018
Co-workers bring kids in while working & have to talk on the phone while kids are crying. Worst manager ever. Co-workers dont show up for a full week of work yet manager babies this one as she left the business. Offered defective products and if you dont take them home, manager reprimands you. Co-workers eat smelly food in the work area and leave dirty dishes on the floor. You have 5 people giving you orders including the manager, WHO do you follow?? Just rude, and selfish and with NO training they expect you to know it all in 3 weeks. I would not recommend this employer to anyone while the Chambersburg manager is on the throne. Look elsewhere!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Evil co-workers, poor products, horrible HR, No training
productive long hour work day
lead (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 2, 2018
working for this company is sometimes good but also bad
i have learned more on how to be a better leader
the hardest part of the job is when the company gets behind on multiply orders
Pros
lot of hours
Cons
lot of physical laobor
Fun place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 1, 2018
It was nice working at Helen of Troy for 17 years. I started at the kitchen as a dish washer and transfer to the Engineering department where I worked for 16 years.
Associate Brand Manager (Contract), PUR (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 24, 2018
Company is great to work for. Leadership has it's eye on the ball. Company is performing well. Extremely strong brands with a lot of positive upside. Great.
Great people to work with
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 8, 2018
They have an excellent team that works together to meet production. The training team makes sure they touch all basics about safety and ways to properly get the job done.
Pros
Luncheons
Cons
Climate
Terrible
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 19, 2018
Worst company I’ve ever worked for. The pay is terrible. The hours they schedule you to work is a mess. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. I would never work for this company again!
evolving culture
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 18, 2018
HR dept is trying to evolve the culture of the company greatly. some business divisions are grasping the concept others or not. room for vast improvement.
This place sucks.
Engineering Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 25, 2018
They underpay and management does not care about employees. I was laid off to save on costs while they kept people that did not even study engineering in the engineering department.
Assistant Product Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79912May 23, 2018
Created and managed Brand Equity to ensure brand strategy and product development. Interfaced with other departments to resolve problems and ensure customer requirements, complaints are understood and applied. Develop communication plans with outside agencies, taking ownership of developing and promoting all appliances under the umbrella brand of “Hot Tools” professional. Insured all regulations and compliances were met related to the government agencies. Confirming all legal lines on packaging to be complying with guidelines and documentation to support all claims.
Most depressing job ever!!!!!!!!
Box boy (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 18, 2018
Terrible place to work.I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy. Be on your feet all day. I scanned so many boxes I had nightmares I thought was gone get eaten by the box monster.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Quitting
productive work
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 8, 2018
I really enjoyed the people I worked with as a team member ,Like that some were more involved as a team most of all made sure that we got the job done on time
Productive and fun work place
SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MS and Olivebranch Ms.April 24, 2018
No complaints, Pay was decent. Management was fare. Hours were long and could get stressfull. The work was equally divided with all employees. The 7 years I was employed there was a great experience
Pros
We have been treated for lunch for great busnies
Cons
30 minutes lunch break for 12 hour shift
Steady Employment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 22, 2018
Steady employment with decent pay and benefits.
Multi-tasking required.
Customer 1st approach.
Paid time off, sick time/personal days.
Life insurance, health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, stock purchase
Benefits
Cons
Poor HR, Very little room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen of Troy. Our community is ready to answer.