Helen of Troy Employee Reviews

This place sucks.
Engineering Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 25, 2018
They underpay and management does not care about employees. I was laid off to save on costs while they kept people that did not even study engineering in the engineering department.
Most depressing job ever!!!!!!!!
Box boy (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 18, 2018
Terrible place to work.I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy. Be on your feet all day. I scanned so many boxes I had nightmares I thought was gone get eaten by the box monster.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Quitting
productive work
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 8, 2018
I really enjoyed the people I worked with as a team member ,Like that some were more involved as a team most of all made sure that we got the job done on time
Productive and fun work place
SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MS and Olivebranch Ms.April 24, 2018
No complaints, Pay was decent. Management was fare. Hours were long and could get stressfull. The work was equally divided with all employees. The 7 years I was employed there was a great experience
Pros
We have been treated for lunch for great busnies
Cons
30 minutes lunch break for 12 hour shift
Steady Employment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 22, 2018
Steady employment with decent pay and benefits.
Multi-tasking required.
Customer 1st approach.
Paid time off, sick time/personal days.
Life insurance, health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, stock purchase
Benefits
Cons
Poor HR, Very little room for growth
Overworked and underpayed
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSApril 7, 2018
Stressful! Worked hard with less pay. The tasks were easy but stressful. It was a very upbeat and fast paced work environment. Worked less than 25 hours per week until peak season where we would work 10 to 12 hours per day sometimes with no break. The management tam was not as professional as expected.
Ok for entry level
Analyst Lead Inventory (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMarch 6, 2018
The job is ok. Management needs improvement. Not a career opportunity. I've worked here 2+ years and has never received a point nor write up. The work is not hard but at times management can make the job stressful.
Picked and scanned orders
Picker/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 6, 2018
there very unbalanced they work to hard don't want to pay you much to many young kids out there . Other than that it is ok I guess wasn't for me to in organized .
Pros
nice folks
Cons
dont pay enough
Good place to work at, hard to advance
Accountant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 24, 2018
Company is bringing a lot of upper management from out of El Paso. They rarely promote from within, it's easy to get stuck. Good benefits but it's difficult to negotiate a good salary.
ok
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSFebruary 24, 2018
i enjoyed the work there the pay was poor i was driving from sardis to southaven everyday it wasnt paying me enough money they still pay minimum wage which is horrible
alright place if they stop letting go all the good workers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSFebruary 12, 2018
alright place if they stop letting go all the good workers. sometimes they dont care about you an your breaks rush you off of them.. an work to many hours some days
Great place to start off working for a first job
Inventory Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSFebruary 7, 2018
company has no advancement after team lead position. company doesn't have steady job requirements. no competive pay for surrounding warhouses.evironment is fast pace
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Huge company with good development and productivity
International Accounting Manager for Latin America (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 5, 2018
This is a very good global company. May opportunities to learn and professional and personal growth. This company offers very good benefits and human treatment to employees.
Pros
Good benefits for employees
Cons
A lot of stress and overtime
Good Company
PLANOGRAM MANAGER AND LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 5, 2018
I liked working here. I learned a lot about the manufacturing and distribution industry.
My manager was personable and always helpful when I had questions.
There was always opportunities to learn new things. Managers were very informative about new opportunities.
Work days were busy and sometimes over time was needed but mot days were 8 hours.
Employees were treated fairly.
The President and CEO were engaged in the company and the employees
Pros
Confortable environment, good learning environment, fair management
Cons
Pay was not great, and raises were usually small
a good place to work
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2018
It was a very good environment to work in. I had no problems moving up to new position. I learned a lot fast. The management gave you plenty of opportunity to advance.
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
15minute breaks
At the time they treated the workers poorly
Inventory/ shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 25, 2018
The management was a group of childish, back stabbing group of people whom most all were dismissed for harassment. They may have cleaned themselves up after I left but it never should have gotten that way the first time.
Pros
reliable work
Cons
callous concern for the employees
Horrible Management/high turnover
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Managers lack of management skills, reason for the high turnover. In Corporate Accounting, in less than a year, 4 people have resigned, Human Resources don’t take action and they protect managers. Somehow, this company forgets employees have more employment options. The managers think we employees need the company, but the thruth, should be a win-win situation.
Doesn’t matter how much you give to the company, that would be never enough. Good luck working for them!
Pros
Cafeteria/ Christmas Party
Cons
Management/ no growth opportunity
All work is a rush in the finance world
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2018
sitting at a desk for long periods of time in front of a computer. working numbers and using excel spreadsheets, using the Oracle system all day everyday.
Pros
great medical benefits
Cons
working with negative people
It's a paycheck
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 17, 2018
Work at HOT for a paycheck while you look for a career elsewhere. It's a typical warehouse with lots of temps. There are a few managers/supervisor that came with the building so to speak so processes are stable and change is slow.
Productive, Fun, and Safe workplace with Great coworkers
Finisher, Validator, Auditor, Finisher Clerk (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJanuary 3, 2018
Busy fast paced work days, I learned to always pay close attention to products going out and I learned how to use an RF gun. Mangers and Supervisors are great there they pushed us to be the best and more hard working and to get the job done right always there if we needed anything, they were great about everything. there was no problem with Workplace culture everyone was treated equal. The hardest part of the job is there is no hard part its a great job one of the easiest jobs i ever worked, if something was hard its because they made it hard for themselves there was nothing hard about Helen Of Troy. The most enjoyable part about the job was being around all the employees and getting our two 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch break and towards the end of the day when everyone starts to bring the orders up to the desk for me to take to the office so the loaders can load the product then its time to head home.
Pros
employee of the quarter and $100 Visa Gift Card
Cons
Better Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helen of Troy. Our community is ready to answer.