Helena Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Stable company to work for
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leland, MSJune 13, 2018
Helena is a great place to work for.
I have met some really great people working for them.
They are a fast pace company during Farming season and laid back otherwise.
They have great Benefits and offers 401K.
Great Company
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kimmell, INJune 7, 2018
The company in general is a great company. I just did not agree with local management. Equipment and training was really good. Quality of their products are great.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Training
Cons
Long Hours
Excellent Company to work for
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellington, TXJune 1, 2018
Loved my job at Helena chemical company. The Company is great to work for. My Position at Helena Chemical was a clerical position which I enjoy. If you have the opportunity to work here you will find a great company.
Good company Poor location manager
Hourly Employee (Former Employee) –  Standish, MIJune 1, 2018
Location manager has regional management fooled with all the lies and stories, and the favoritism was terrible. If you want to keep your job there, don't ever give your opinion to anyone even if they ask you for it. Deceitful, lying, two faced manager at the location I was at. After almost 10 years of service, starting as a driver then applicator then safety coordinator and warehouse manager. Expressed my concerns to location manager, she said she was glad I had to my face, then did all she could do to have me terminated.
Pros
A few good people at that location to work with
Cons
Everyone walks on eggshells wondering who is the next target.
Excellent place to learn and grow.
Staff Accountant (Senior Level) (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNMay 31, 2018
Excellent place to learn and grow. Learned a lot about managing time while working on multiple tasks under strict deadlines. Learned a lot about the importance of having good communication skills.
Great summer job
Warehouse/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTMay 13, 2018
Loaded and unloaded trucks using forklift or pallet jack. Answered the phone and took customer orders. Fulfilled customer orders and helped pick them. Contributed to the cleanliness of the business.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Summer ended
working in a group
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAApril 25, 2018
On a day to day pace we work in group to make sure the amount of production be done within the week. The more workers we have the quicker we can get the production they need.Sometime according what kind of product we have to do.We worked a 8 hr. shift unless it was a product we have to get out. Once the product have been check by the inspector they can take it to stprage to be shift off. The next day we start on a new product.
Pros
Sometimes we are rewarded a free lunch
Cons
We have a 30 minute break and 2 15 minutes break
Work Day
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSApril 17, 2018
days would start at about 6:30 a.m. and we would meet at the office. from there i would be given my daily assignment and head out to the field, where i scouted crops, handled phone calls from customers, and directed sales calls to the appropriate people.
Pros
very fun work environment
Cons
very competitive market
Nice place to work
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  West Helena, ARMarch 26, 2018
I learned to drive a fork lift and load and unload trucks. The company was nice to work for and I enjoyed the job and tasks I was given to do. I liked working there
Something new everyday
Chemical Applicator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEMarch 1, 2018
It is an agriculture company so that means there is something new everyday and keeps you enjoying your job. Everyone enjoys coming there to work and is a very pleasant atmosphere.
Pros
good managers
Great Balance
Helena Chemical Company (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 27, 2018
One of the best things, is the balance of work and personal life. Compensation could be better given the cost of living, but they do offer good benefits.
Fast paced during Agricultural Season
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Burkburnett, TXFebruary 12, 2018
I truly liked my job, however this is a huge corporation with hundreds of satellite locations. They didn't have a clue as to what each location did. Employees were great ,Management not so much.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Worked Saturdays
Easy going
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Newport, ARFebruary 8, 2018
Work place is easy going and relaxed most times. Can be long hours in the busy season. Overall a good place to work with good benefits. Pay and advancement could be better.
This company is a culturally biased company
Labor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 2, 2018
This company is a culturally biased company no room to grow this company only cares about its product not the workers this company has people in charge that is very unprofessional this company will make you go home and hate to wake up to come back to work in the morning
Productive and fun place to work
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 1, 2018
Casual and fun environment to work in. Management is good and respectful to their employees. A great place to work at that makes you feel like family.
Fast paced in season
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Abernathy, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Loved my job and that fact that it was family oriented. If I needed to do something or be somewhere for my kids, without hesitation I was always able to go.
Productive and friendly place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanton, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Work days are good at Helena. Everyone knows and does their job. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. The management was good and understanding. The workplace is stress-free for the most part. During the busy season there is more stress than during the off-season. The off-season is slow which helps all employees recover and get ready for the upcoming seasons stresses. The hardest part of the job is the off-season, because there is not much going on and it can cause stress for some of the employees that are use to going all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide a service to our customers and see the fruits of our service in the crop that was produced. I would recommend Helena to any one interested in agriculture.
good place and people to work with
Applicator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSDecember 27, 2017
most days started at 7 and ended at 5:30. I learned how to fill out spray forms. location management was good but national was a little unpredictable.
Strick work place but laid back
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MSNovember 21, 2017
Its a good environment to work and the employees were all for each other never had issues with them nor the mangers or ceo of the company great place to work
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short breaks
Poot Managment
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GANovember 16, 2017
The local divisions of the company were run very "old school" they were not open to change in a time where businesses were being challenged to change with increased technology. It was very counter productive.
Pros
Cons
Poor Managment