Helia Healthcare

Helia Healthcare Employee Reviews

Helia Healthcare insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Love my coworkers but the management is lacking

It’s a nursing home, it’s not perfect and never will be It is one of the better ones in the area. It used to be better before they changed owners and administration.The pay is low for nurses compared to others in the area but the acuity of patients isn’t nearly as bad as most others. I think the Nursing Management tries to make a difference but their hands are usually tied because of the company. CNAs do whatever the heck they want and no one cares. There’s several CNAs that are amazing and nurses who have been there for a long time who make the place a better place to work than most.

Pros

Family environment

Cons

Pay sucks, short breaks, no bonuses

Busy but rewarding

Doctors nursing is very busy and hard work, but is rewarding at the end of the day. The team works well together and you get the support you need from corporate. You make a positive difference in the residents life every day.

Wonderful place of employment

Helia healthcare of olney makes sure they have enough staff on hand from day to day. All of the staff are friendly and majority of the residents are nice.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

I have worked here for a year and a half and plan on being here for a while longer. They are very flexible with scheduling and working around school or kids. The pay is competitive and your co workers really become your family. Everyone truly cares for the residents and strives to give the best care and that means teamwork and helping each other out. Management makes every attempt to keep the morale up even through Covid and has thrown us parties and had gifts for us as well for all our hard work. It’s hard to find a workplace that comes together like family, but this is it. Come join our team, we would be happy to have you!😁

Helia truly is a home away from home.

I was hired at Helia in late 2018 as a brand new CNA. Since then, I have been lead and now work beside a superior team of RNs/ LPNs and CNAS who provide the upmost of care to every resident.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Coworkers like family

I’ve never loved a job as much as I love Helia. When i come in and see all the smiling faces of my residents, it makes everything so worth it. My boss is also the sweetest i’ve had, and our work family is close knit and dependable 💜

Pros

free food, flexible hours

Work ethics is horrible, no team work, administrator unrealistic, no compassion for staff. Overall horrible place to work, patient work load excessive.

Cons

Overworked and interrupted lunch break

Management doesn't care

Nurses are lazy. Doctors don't respond in a timely manner. Cna's don't do there job. They hide don't give fluids to patients. The food is terrible and cold.

Fun work environment

I really enjoy working there planning on moving out of the area only reason I'm going to be leaving soon. I work in laundry and housekeeping positions

Management is very rude to employees..

Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients. Management is rude to staff and is good at ordering staff to do things they are licensed to do, if they would leave their office. Tense work environment and feel like walking on egg shells every day. NO kind of reward system or staff appreciation.

Cons

Treated poorly

Jobs at Helia Healthcare

See more jobs

Thought it would be great.

Half the facility is long term care and the other half is the acute rehab. The acute rehab takes people that should be in a mental facility. Management is extremely poor. No communication. Very cliquey. They will change your schedule without warning and with no communication on why. There are no meetings, just group text messages when someone messes up. State is here constantly, and there's good reason for them to be. New schedule comes out two days before it starts. I was so excited to work here, they made it sound so promising. Immediately I could tell it wasn't what it was chalked up to be. They expect LPNs to function outside of their license with PICC lines, and they give minimal training on anything and then get mad when you don't know the procedures. Base pay is 22 for LPN and 30 for RN, which is competitive but not worth the headache.

Pros

Competitive pay

Cons

No communication, no actual lunch, bad management, inflexible schedule, no training

Worst Place to be at if fresh out of nursing school

Unless you have a thick skin, this place is not the one for you. CNA's with years of experience will trash talk about you behind your back. The elderly section of the nursing home is ok, but management will get on you if you're not quick enough to get patients out of bed when half of them are just as stubborn. The rehabilitation section is a big no. 300+ lbs patients stuck on respiratory who cannot move on their own, extremely short staffed. Even after leaving the workforce, other medical companies has seen that place has a bad reputation.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Toxic environment

Worked here for several years

I enjoy my job, my boss has my back and I can go to her with anything. We have an open door policy, so If I have an issue I can talk to Administration. I've been here for several years and we have a great team, probably the Best Ever right now!!

Pros

Free Lunch Friday, Paid Time Off

Very stressful

Short staffed, not very clean, alot of rude staff. Did not enjoy working for them. Was not a clean work place. Alot of lazy staff pushed work onto hard working staff

Pros

Could get as many hours as needed

Cons

Not a good work place

Stressful,No Team effort, Doesn't care about employee rights

Westwood Hills did not care about me as a new hire that was being profiled based on my ethnic background.I would say based of my experience and how the floated a CMT as a RN not to try this facility.

Love the employees that I work with and the residents are amazing.

I love my job. Been there almost 2 years, I work over almost every other day to be able to pay my bills. The residents are amazing and coworkers are good to work with. Just don’t make enough money compared to all the hours I work.

Pros

Can work over anytime

Cons

Pay isn’t enough

Rn

The company means well and has good upper management, but the shortness of staff makes the work very hard and tiring. Managers work the floor to cover shifts, received phone calls all the time when off due to staffing shortage. Otherwise the company really tries, good vision and dental, ample PTO/Sick time, and good at continuing education. Not good health insurance.

Regional Management is a nightmare

There is bad management and then there's really bad management. On a corporate level this regional director should never be in charge of anyone or anything. She is threatening, demanding, and will make your life as hard as possible. Need help? She will try and make you feel stupid. Need advice? She will shame you for not knowing what to do. She is a horrendous liar and discourages being upfront with state investigators. She will encourage staff to lie and hide things during state investigations. OVERALL a terrible human being and made the experience a miserable one. Not the job for you if you like to work in an ethical environment. Check out the turnover rate for Hillside... She's a freaking nightmare.

Pros

Wonderful residents and coworkers

Cons

The regional from the underworld

No Stars

This place is a dumpster. Someone tried to warned me but i didnt listen. Liars!!! Cheater!!! Theives!!!! Nasty!!! Roach Infestation!!! Ants in the beds!!!!

Cons

everything

Always short staffed

Always short staffed. Certain staff can get away with pretty much anything. Good employees are stuck doing all the work. If someone doesn’t do their job it will be put on someone else with no discipline for the ones who do not work

Pros

Cons

Just about everything

Its a very nice and clean facility

Soon as you walk through the door you feel welcomed. The communication is very clear with new hires. The staff is very up front about everything. It will be a great place to move forward

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Helia Healthcare