Helix Electric Employee Reviews

Pretty good
Electrician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 5, 2019
They're mostly nice people, you make a lot of friends. But it seems people move forward in the company mostly by making friends. Still, many smart and talented employees who have tons of experience and great stories.
I liked it
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2019
Just get in there and work , don’t worry about other people just keep in contact with your foreman and do your job at the best of your ability, oh and stay hydrated
Very physically challenging and fast pace.
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 30, 2019
During my time as an electrical apprentice I learned a lot but had a hard time getting use to the long distance drive ; almost 2 hours away at times.
A Great place to work
Electrician Top Helper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2019
Communication as a whole that would help the company what is done it eliminate excuses for errors so if we communicate and let things be known before it happens or when it happened then we can pull it solution to the problem communication is the best always check never seen be pacific I hope that help my honest opinion thank you
Apprentice Electrician
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2019
Pull wire set electric boxes Did underground work Read meters bend condue pipe set up Jobs use hand tools & power tools troubleshoot problems operate machines
No importance in helping apprentice
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  UCLA, CAJuly 5, 2019
They only care about meeting their budget for foreman and people in higher positions personal financial gain
They expect someone coming in as a 1sr year apprentice to practically know how to do everything and do it alone with no help. As an apprentice it is extremely stressful when you’re being pressed to complete a full task with little knowledge and as fast as they want you to finish as fast as possible
Pros
Money, benefits
Cons
A lot
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 29, 2019
Helix has a lot of job opportunities from people who are first starting their career as an electrician to people who already as experience. You will always have work to do and never be slow.
Production and safety is at all time high and good electrician
Commercial electrician lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2019
Helix is a good company, money and benefits are good and room for growth but lay off often, and they ask the employee to pay for parking, besides that good company
No Room For professional growth
ELECTRICAL SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 17, 2019
Helix, is a very hard Electrical contractor to work for. No room to move up, and they only offer pay raises. When an employee is getting Hired by another company.
Caveat emptor
Lead man/ Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2019
Helix was a very fast paced production oriented company to work for. In one hand it taught me everything I’ve learned today about speed and accuracy but I was miserable. They constantly reminded you of production and the numbers associated with or lack of numbers. They made you feel like a numbered employee.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
No consideration for private life
fast pace and productive oriented
Field Foreman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2019
If you are a fast learner, excellent working habits, and problems solving skills. this is the place for you like it was for me for a long time. but like anything else in life we move on.
Pros
never had problems with pay
Cons
its it's all about numbers and production
Get it done quickly and at all costs as long as it looks done
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2019
It really is all about who you know. If you're not related or don't have friends in the office, you will have to cover your own back. There is no sense of community or family other than their own.

Hardest part of the job was working for supers who talk down to you. I get that people in the trade worked 20+ years and get to run their job how they want but to disrespect others because you hold their paycheck or threaten to not pay someone for an earnest days work is an illusion of power and illegal. Nobody should be disrespected for making an earnest living and working hard.

Also you get paid time off but they don't give it to you, they transfer you somewhere else so the time doesn't come off their job.

The most enjoyable part is working with my peers. Made a lot of friendships.
Pros
Learned how a work culture shouldn't be
Cons
Decent place to work if you have experience you’re treated fair
Electrician (Current Employee) –  HawaiiApril 26, 2019
1.Safety culture

You get paid but there are favoritism other than that if you show up and work you’ll be fine. Commercial electricians would be greatly recommended. electricians that know FA should do good as well
Pros
Most of the work is prevailing
Cons
It’s construction and there are favoritism
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 23, 2019
It was a good opportunity. They helped get me into apprenticeship program. The benefits were also good. Most of the people got along and they treated employees decent.
Not my Style
Senior Estimator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2019
There is a lack of direction from mgmt. They would rather put out estimates that are not complete than provide a quality product.

Everyone there was afraid to do their job, nobody would take responsibility for anything,
Pros
not many
Cons
They do not keep to their word.
Lack of Acknowledgment / Grunt Work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 10, 2019
Management constantly ignores you, avoids you, laughs at your expense, and will criticize you disproportionately for the slightest mistake.

The only structure is upper managements greed for a healthy bonus. You will not have a voice, opinion, and speaking up when you're disrespected is heard when you're treated like

You’re constantly getting assigned the mindless tasks that no one else wants to do, even when you’re just as qualified or more qualified than your coworkers. You will be asked to do tedious work that is actually unnecessary for the company.

Management changes there mind every day about what you’re meant to be working on. Your top priorities shift constantly. They call you in panic about something that needs to be done ASAP—only to go silent without providing any further instructions or giving you contradictory instructions later.

You will learn the "Helix Game" = Your only goal is to make the company money by over exaggerating change orders and cutting all corners possible to save a buck.
Pros
Good benefits and good pay.
Cons
Ignoring Your Needs, No Explanations, Micromanaging, Lack of Acknowledgment
Lead Electrician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 4, 2019
I would not recommend working at Helix Electric because of there work practices and benefit package for the blue collar worker. There is little upward movement.
Always something to do
Welder (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAMarch 24, 2019
I was hired on as a welder. In the time that I wasn't welding they always had something for me to do. They would let me work in other bay areas and teach me other things.
Great company for driven people
Foreman/Supervisor Electrician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2019
I learned a lot at Helix . Ran over 8 million dollar jobs there . my largest bonus was 48,000.Whatever your willing to put into working there u can get it back . Very strict in saftey policies and making margin on jobs . But great bonuses for making margin . I had to leave the state or I'd probably still be there .
Pros
Lott's of work, room for advancement . Great pay
Cons
Long hours, some travel, lots of meetings on your own time
Worst place ever
Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2019
I turned in one of there good old boys for threating me and nothing was done about it except running me off the job. Felt I had no chance. They sent one of there Regional Minions out to make me feel uncomfortable and wanted to leave.
Pros
The Field Staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helix Electric. Our community is ready to answer.