HELLA

Working at HELLA: 36 Reviews

United States36 reviews

Constant cost reduction mode

In constant cost cutting modeSometimes difficult environmentLittle to no career advancementNo accountability Benefits are OKRecent policies improved

Management and team leaders

Team leaders and management get upset when they have to do anything so dont go to your boss asking for help with something bc they will give u attitude about it. I mean it when i say this place is a JOKThere is nothing good about work8mg there.

HELLA insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks

Management sucks

It's a part time job . Constantly being called off work . The management never communicates with each other and so much favoritism within departments.

Focused and dedicated workers are harshly criticized

The SMT department is very disorganized, and management favors certain employees over others, creating a biased work environment. Many operators and leaders are more focused on gossiping instead of their detail-oriented work, which has lead to production errors, scrap, and downtime. If required to work Saturday and Sunday, the employee receives a day off during the following week. If required to work that following Saturday, the company will not pay time and a half, but instead straight time. It is impossible to make weekend plans, especially when paid time off requests are frequently denied due to lack of trained staffing. I absolutely do not recommend Hella as a good place to gain experience or advance in a career.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Too many hours!

There were MANY TIMES I was standing by time clock ready to clock out 2 minutes to go & they came up & said you have to stay over.Worked 12 hrs 6 days a week.If you worked on Sunday you could have a day off.

Fast paced, computers and robots, bilingual a bonus.

For the most part it's a good place to work. If you need some money, it'll pay the bills. Can be stressful and high paced at times. Entry level needs computer experience. Leadership roles would do well to speak Spanish.

Pros

Close to home. Pay is ok. Like a few of the people.

Cons

Advancement is slim to none, high turnover, low training, gossip and favortism, insurance deductibles are too expensive

I was working as a temp there and liked it

I work as Hella Electronics in 2021 I worked on the floor as a temp and as a sorter.I liked the job and was going a good job lost my job due to one person at Hella.She has 40 years and has no passion for people it is very sad

Pros

Listen to the radio

Cons

Short breaks and working with a bad woman boss the Hella boss not the TRIGO boss

Company is having difficulty keeping up.

Project management system is clearly misaligned with the goals of a successful engineering company. Penny pinching comes before creativity and innovation.The system in place takes engineering talent for granted. A lack of understanding of required work to complete projects leads to regular long hours and rushed timelines.Every engineering company should expect some failures. However, when a company falls behind, failures become more and more damaging. That being said, there are many talented, friendly, and very hardworking people at this company.

Supportive Management

Great work culture and team to work with. Management is supportive. Products are good and wide range of Customer base. The perks at work are good and very pleasant location to live in.

Pros

Work culture.

Cons

Promotion hierarchy.

Good coworkers but bad environment

Used to be a great place to work but culture has gone down hill in the past few years. Everything is about cost reduction and employees are tasked to do more work than could be reasonably asked of one person. Morale is very low.

Pros

Good benefits.

Cons

Overworked and Underpaid

I worked at Hella for 12 years

I worked at Hella for 12 years. I was very happy working there. I just didn’t make very much money for the work I performed. I would have definitely stayed if I was fairly compensated.

You’re always constantly busy, sometimes it gets boring and the supervisor is always happy to help if theres ever any problems.

This is a great company to work for especially if you like alot of overtime. You end up working 6 days a week unless you put a vacation day in. SMT operator is an easy job but you definitely work alot.

Pros

Paid breaks, vacation days, and paid holidays.

Cons

Breaks are too short, too much overtime, and hate the shift.

Okay Work Environment

No room for advancement. Not appreciated for what you bring to the company. Enjoyed working first shift and weekends off. I also enjoyed the short commute.

Really good

Really good company to work for management is very friendly the employees are so kind if I was still there in Illinois I would still be working with the company has to be the best company I have ever worked for I definitely will recommend it to anyone who wants to work and do a good job and be punctual they look out for you

Pros

Excellent service

Old school company

Company is German owned and has been a global presence for over 100 years. Good for the engineering professional. The new Northville Township offices are very impressive.

Ambiente agradable

El estilo de trabajo es agradable y trabajo en equipo

Plan de carrera

Satisfactoria como parte de mi crecimiento profesional

Stagnate and boring with no job advancement.

Pick up falloff from production line (Product that has failed tests). Read the failure ticket. Replace that part or not (False Failure), document it in a spreadsheet, then put it back to the line. (No REAL analysis done). (The part is broke or not). Job is rework and data entry & (plenty of it). Dead-end job that goes no where.

Na

Not a stable company and their is no career growth. Lot of Management interference which does not give right direction. They need to provide training on latest technology.

Would not recommend anyone take a position there

All decisions are made in Germany. Senior management is comprised mostly of German expats. The way bonuses are calculated is NOT transparent. Work-life balance is completely NOT balanced. PROS: quite few nice people work there.

Heavy Germany influence

Little design in US, too much financial accounting placed on engineers. Must respect company confidentiality. A company with US presence but only for application engineering support. Good manufacturing in US location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HELLA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits