Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Inc Employee Reviews

productive and freindly enviroment
Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 16, 2019
good place to work, great environment and knowledgeable management, friendly staff and you are giving one on one on your performances monthly. I will miss working for the organization.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
no room to grow
Hellmann has become more employee driven
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2019
Hellmann management board changed. I like that they've become more employee driven. Benefits are ok if you are a healthy not for long term. Vacation time is good.
Great family owned business very loyal and interesting
IMPORT-EXPORT Customs Broker/Entrywriter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 9, 2019
Great family owned business that I really enjoyed being a part of. Very influential and supportive. Great place to learn and develop.
Very supportive staff and interesting coworker network and family
Pros
great place to learn and develop
Cons
Not as flexible as public company forced to cut drastically at times
No Vision, Management does not care about the employees
Regional Account Manager, Americas (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 22, 2019
Company makes promises just to bring great employees on board, and do not follow thru. Management keep changing vision and there is a lack of leadership. Management only look out for themselves and do not protect their employees, but rather throw them under the bus. They promote all this FAMILY DNA mentality, but in reality, Management only cares about how much money the station is making.
Pros
good insurance benefits
Cons
Management lacks leadership and knowledge of the business
CLC Logistics Agent/Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 19, 2017
no because I don't feel that need to give a "review" just take my word, Hellmann is bad. It wasn't a nice place to grow, you had to learn and role with it.
Great Office in Oak Creek
Warehouse and Domestic Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 5, 2017
Great Manager and fellow employees all on top of Customer Service.
Benefits were Ok.
401 K contribution.
Work hours were considerate with family life.
Vendors were supportive of Company Policy.
Pros
Great Manager adn Fellow Employees
Cons
Office Closed
I realy enjoing to work with hellmann worldwide logistics
Warehouse assistant (Current Employee) –  Ford automotiveAugust 2, 2017
Its a team work thear and we work look like family I learn a lot of things and still I am learning. The management is also very good. The most enjoyable part when all company together for any functions.
Pros
Making our own food
Challenged
Vice President / Director (Domestic Services, USA) (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 6, 2017
I and another provided brought domestic services to HWL so that day to day challenge was great and rewarding. Looking back, I miss that company since what I was promised after being recruited did not come to pass.
Pros
I liked everything but was travel weary
N/a
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 9, 2017
Es una company solida. Cuando la producción baja ya no hay trabajo.
Steady work pace. really cold enviorement
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2017
Decent job. but honestly coperate doesnt have to much consideration for there employees. Temp work and they lay you off before they hire you permanent. supervisor is a good person but cant make permanent decisions on his own. General manager is not trust worthy
Pros
not many
Cons
very short breaks
HPL Perishable Logistics
Business Development Manager, Perishables (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I work for the perishable division so you are basically required to be on call 24/7/365. Given that we have a worldwide network, you will be contacted with urgent matter at all times.
Pros
Lots of business trips
Cons
Required to be available 24/7
Good
Entry Writer (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Great place to work. Co workers are amazing. We all get along very well. Management needs improvement.

I like it but I am use to working from A to Z and miss doing a lot of things that I learned from previous jobs.
Great opportunity for anyone looking to start a career in logistics.
Logistics Broker (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Stern but fair management with down to earth co-workers from many paths of life. Spanish is not a must, but it will help immensely (although spend enough time with people there and you will eventually pick up the basics). You have to show that you have the initiative and express that to the right people and you will move up easily. Comfortable atmosphere with a decent breakroom. It does get hot/cold in the warehouse so you'll have to dress accordingly.
Pros
Good working environment, always a challenge, good opportunity for promotion.
Cons
Can get monotonous.
Everything was great,until new management was hired
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILJanuary 1, 2017
When I first got hired by Hellmann, I was excited because it was the first time I've ever worked in the air and ocean export industry. I spent a total of 3 years employed at Hellmann. My last year there was a total disaster after New Management took over. I noticed One manager in particular started hiring people that he worked with in the past. Giving them positions within the company, that people that were either there already or qualified for were never given the opportunity. I for one was denied a supervisor position three times. But like I said it was given immediately to one of his friends that work with him before. Pure injustice.
Pros
High energy atmosphere.
Cons
If your not management, your nobody!
Great customer base and solid profit and growth
District Manager, Columbus, Ohio (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2016
Arrive 6:30 to prepare, review priorities set from previous day. Confirm meetings(internal and external) and confirm completion of all to do tasks. Average 2-3 conference calls daily with both internal and external customers. Leave office around 5:30 - 6.30.
Pros
Lunches, dinners, hosting customers.
Cons
Extra long days at times
A good company with good management
Customer Service / Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILNovember 15, 2016
Made up customer profiles. Handled special accounts. The management was helpful when needed. The co-workers were pleasant to work with. A small company that respected their employees.
Pros
Working independantly with recognition
Cons
A small company and not much room for advancement
Love working with the people there
Forklift operation (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 8, 2016
Hi I love this company I like working with the people around me. I learned a lot with the company, they show me a lot. We work as a team the benefits are great.
Pros
Yes free lunch
Cons
2 15 mins break
Friendly co workers and manager
Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 29, 2016
this was a good place to work. Some days were fast paced and others were not. Co workers and department manager were helpful and easy to get a long with. Hardest part of the job was getting everything done on busy days. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people and learn new things.
Can be great
Global Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 11, 2015
A typical day would include some of these things:
Implemented and monitored global customer service level agreements
KPI responsible for data entry, billing accuracy and transit time performance
Generated customer cost savings through consolidation and warehousing opportunities as well as third party packaging solutions
Coordinated global tenders for all modes with global product teams and presented Quarterly Business Reviews
Managed charter and heavy equipment operations
Implemented EDI solution
Implemented PO Management
Implemented WMS
I learned that within HWL is what you know but rather which friends you have.
Management is more focus on self preservation that growth of its business and fixing the operational issues.
Hardest part of the job was getting people within the company to see a larger picture as it relate to customers.
Most enjoyable part was the interaction with people and the ability to keep and grow GP levels.
Pros
Meeting of many people from all walks of life
Cons
No career growth
Very good cmpany
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2015
Professional, multinational corp. They have a solid reputation and they provide great service. They treat their customers with dignity and respect