HelloFresh Employee Reviews

An awesome place to work.
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 22, 2018
An awesome place to work. I have no complaints. I love working for this company. Everyone is friendly and respectful. The job is not hard and the pay rate is decent.
Cold
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 17, 2018
its really cold if you like the cold its the job for you if not doing if you really need the money i was only there for 2 months. while i was there the people were really nice an they work with you.
Pros
Some days you get free lunch
Cons
Woking in the cold
Not too consistent
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 17, 2018
The job was okay, not too much hours. At first it was but then they hired too many people and hours lessened dramatically. Very cold, management talks down on you.
I rather not speak on it, I would not work there again
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 16, 2018
I really do not remember much about working there. I just know I would not work there ever again. too much play time and down time. Not enough work getting done.
Cold productive workplace.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMay 15, 2018
Although Hello Fresh Factory is a very col workplace, it is also easy and convenient. I like that it's a full time job so the checks are always bigger.
Pros
easy
Cons
too cold
I thought it would be better
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2018
Started out excited! What a great concept, then the manager played favorites, wouldn't take suggestions or help on organization, locations or events that would work. The employees had to figure out logistics on a daily basis because she was too busy doing something. Made a map of where all the employees lived then still sent us 67 miles one way to an event when there were so many closer. Offered compensation for mileage then put a but you have to do this first. Had us research for venues and events to go to but then ignored the suggestions. I just kept repeating to myself Not my monkeys not my circus.
Pros
Discount on service after 10 boxes sold
Cons
local management had no clue, lots of driving no compensation.
its a great job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 11, 2018
It's a great job you get a chance to level up real fast they teach you whatever you need to know good benefits the days off for not so good but as long as you come everyday you'll be perfectly fine I like the job I just need another job
The company is cool just no structure.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 10, 2018
I don't see a career there so I'm looking for something career oriented. The company has very good benefits. I didn't care too much for how their structured.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
liked the hours
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 27, 2018
fast pass would of rather not of lost the position, looked to be a position that could of lead to a career. liked the hours and being paid weekly money placed on card.
Pros
being hired
Cons
short employment
Good Place To Work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 23, 2018
*Feels like a family at the office
*Sell farm to table ingredients to consumers
*Manager is very nice
*Fun outings outside of work
*Rewards & Incentives for high numbers
Pros
Coworkers are more like friends
Cons
Logistics & Communication
NA nothing else to say
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 10, 2018
You should be 100% healthy for that cold
Probably any sick days
Okay place to work
Great meals for customers
That’s all i have to say
Very colorful environment
Pros
NA i have nothing else to say
Cons
1 break
Toxic Management, Great Product to sell
Training Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2018
Direct sales with Hello Fresh is still basically a start up business, and as with most start ups, there are growing pains. The office we were placed in Downtown has no parking and what is available is very expensive. Meetings are at 10am and then work hours are typically from 3pm-9pm, leading to no work life balance. Those that are promoted are generally personal friends with the head manager and have little to no sales experience and zero management experience. You are not given encouragement to grow, only punishment for under performing. The office has had EXTREMELY high turnover- over 100%, and has only been open 6 months. That is due largely to the schedule, which is only given out three days in advance, and the toxic culture.

The product itself as great and Hello Fresh as a whole is a wonderful company with many big things on the horizon. The local direct sales offices, however, offer a thankless, low paying job, where people are promoted to their highest level of incompetence. It is best for millennials, but unfortunately, few millenials have the sales and cooking experience needed to truly shine.
Pros
Pros: Great opportunity to network and explore your city while on the job, great discount on a fantastic product, excellent health insurance benefits from Day 1 and 401K from Day 90
Cons
low pay, no scheduling in advance, no work life balance, toxic culture, no commuter benefits, expensive parking
Fast paced work that is a team effort to get the job done.
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 31, 2018
This is a great place to work if you put your work and effort into your job. It gets cold at times being at a 40 degree weather for the working environment, but if you really work you will stay warm.The hours can very from start time to end time, but it really depends on how many orders are in for the facility. Some days it could be as low as 6-7 hours or as high as 9-11 hours per day (like I said it really depends on how many orders are in the facility). It's a fast paced environment to work in, but as soon as one establishes a work routine it will become much easier. The pay once become a permanent is really good with good benefits (like 401k, paid time off, healthcare, dental, and vision plans). The hardest part of the job is the fast paced work and fast decision making while the production line is going, which could be stressful at times. The most enjoyable parts of the job would have to be nice coworkers and the learning of different positions to learn over time. Everyone works as a team on the production line to get to the ultimate goal, to finish our plan for the day.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, could have overtime, and keeps one busy
Cons
not having a set schedule
Its a stressful micromanaged environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 19, 2018
As a new company, they are attempting to find their niche. I have been working in customer service for 10 years plus and feel as though the environment is for individuals who are not used to performing autonomously.
Hello Fresh
Team Supervisor Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 16, 2018
Making sure the Kitting & Production lines are clean and running properly
. Electric pallet picking and Forklift
. Mixing chemical under the PPE guideline
Pros
Holiday Pay
Cons
Limited growth with in the company
I really liked my job and position at this job. I enjoyed the work atmosphere and the management is very nice and you can learn how to work together
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 16, 2018
This job is a Very fast paced job and very competitive and easy to learn. You can grow into a higher position at this job easily . I personally am a fast paced worker and a very fast learner so this type of atmosphere is good for me. I enjoy working at Hello fresh the time I was working there before I relocated to another state
Pros
It is a very cold conditions . The job does provide hot drinks such As free coffee, hot water, tea and vending machine.
Cons
It is cold. You can dress for the cold. If you don't like the cold this is not the job for you.
high quality job incentives
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 13, 2018
inspecting produce to fulfill customer orders. Making sure there were fresh ingredients to meet the needs of the customer. counting all the produce we could not use because of not meeting quality control standards
Pros
paid lunches for overtime
Cons
mandatory overtime
Alright, if you NEED a job
Production Associate (Assembly) (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 11, 2018
very very very poor management. hire and fire due to personal feelings, very unprofessional. very hard to advance to higher positions. if you are picked for advancement it is because your personally liked, not because of your work ethics. very very unprofessional i cannot stress it enought!!
Fun
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 24, 2018
It was different difficult at times working in the cold but overall all I liked the job,very friendly nice people great helpers/trainers. I would go back any day
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 10, 2018
Great coworkers, Fun environment to work at, very cold work place. Make more than 50,000 kit bags a day. As quality control we would check products and make sure everything is fresh.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HelloFresh. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight