HelloFresh Employee Reviews

Quick paced, cold enviorment job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 1, 2018
Working here wasn't too bad. I could deal with the 40° climate controlled weather in the warehouse and putting stuff in the box was easy enough once you learn with decent pay once hired as permanent on the job but at the end of the day, it comes down to management. Not the best management here, if they forget to order in an ingredient or not enough of it your shift is screwed and gonna work overtime. Benefits arent too bad but there's no paid sick leave or paid vacation days, only paid time off that you earn each paycheck which is 3 hrs each paycheck and have to add up to 8 hrs for a paid day off. But overall its a job, if you can handle the cold and pressure of overtime and rushing then its a job for you. Be prepared to stand up for a long time too.
Pros
Benefits, pay, sometimes free catered lunch by company
Cons
bad management, long hours, unpaid lunch, cold 40° climate, stand up for 8-12 hrs.
Hello Fresh is a busy environment to work in.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 24, 2018
This is a refrigerated warehouse environment. It is a fast paced and upbeat place to work. The pay is fair and the benefits are really something special to have.
Benefits
Cons
Refrigerated
I Thought HelloFresh Was Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 13, 2018
HelloFresh is all about time wasting. Intern recruiters waste your time, managers waste your time, and they dont even have the courtesy to respond to correspondences.

Do yourself a favor and dont even apply.
Pros
Ping pong table
Cons
Everything else
Working Longer Hours with better pay.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 13, 2018
The hours at Hello Fresh were cut down for most of the employees from 10 hours now 5 hours a day. This hurts most employee who were paying monthly rent with their pay, who are now struggling to make ends meet.
Pros
Shorter days
Cons
Less hours of work means less pay.
Okay
Employee training and Associate Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Work life balance is not the best. Long hours. It is an Up and coming company. There are more cons than pros. The turn over rate is high. There is no job security.
Could not work with Newark senior management
Associate Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 10, 2018
By far the worse place I have ever worked. Management was young and didn't listen to anything more experienced employees had to offer. Meetings every three hours included people and departments that didn't need to be there. Difficult to get anything done between the unnecessary meetings and senior management working against you. There were some very nice people working there but extremely frustrating position.
Pros
Great discount on products for employees
Cons
Local management at the Newark facility
Work Overview
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Work life balance was not very good here. Management did not follow the normal integrity rule that a company should illustrate, in my opinion. The job was not hard, the way upper management run it made it had. The most enjoyable part of the job was coaching and teaching the workers to be successful on a daily basis.
Pros
the pay
Cons
No time for a family life here
Horrible experience the whole time!! Never again!!
Pm Bundling (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJAugust 31, 2018
Were do i begin very unorganized place i had to go thru hoops to get my paycheck yes thru HOOPS! They gave me a list of HR people who never answered the phone. Stand on your feet for 10 hrs its jus as many supervisors as it is workers i was hired for bundle team but was quickly moved to a hotter part of the facility
Pros
Were no pros
Cons
Bad pay stand for very long periods do everyone elses work
ok place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAAugust 30, 2018
Hello fresh is a good place to work. everyone was very helpful they showed you what to do and how to do it. everyone was nice they gave you the oppurtunity to do over time...
It was a safe. Work place
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 25, 2018
Working at hello fresh was relaxing and cold but working there was kinda fun but I don't work there anymore I moved to a different location I put the crates where they need to be and find a pallet to put on the floor to stack the crates again I had to stack it to six levels High and then wait to the line leader put the time and then I find a place to put them where they need to be
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun Work Environment but Low Compensation
Media (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2018
A great place to work, but employees are definitely underpaid. Senior management stalls on promotions and raises, hard to keep morale high when promises are not fulfilled.
Great and Supportive Company/Team
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2018
I’ve had a plethora of sales, fitness, representative jobs. I must say that I am very impressed with how most is handled here at our Denver office. I’m happy to be a part of the Denver team!
Pros
Travel, Discount in meals
Cons
Would like to get more apparel to rep the company. Heck I will pay for it.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table and friendly environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAAugust 20, 2018
A typical day included unloading trucks ,stacking warehouse product, wrapping and tagging inventory for future use.
I learned how to enter shipping and receiving information, from paperwork filled out by the vendor and our company. I learned to load and unload using a forklift.
Management is great ,they're always there when you need them.
Pros
learn different equiptments
Cons
too many supervisors
friendly environment
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAAugust 12, 2018
I love working with my team, i run the line all day and make boxes. The day goes by fast, feeling the a since of accomplished at the end of the day. being a team player.
You spend more than you make
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 9, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! At first the job sounds great. They promise you and tell you tons of lies so you want the job. In reality you’re going to the same malls and gyms every day and see the same people who do not want the food. The gym managers will even question on why you show up because they get customer complaints about you because you are there so much. You have to go to meetings for 3 hours 3 times a week and they are never useful. You sit at the meeting as you are told how to talk to the customer in scenarios that never happen. You told play and practice talking to the customers too. If you make tons of sales you get to go to expos (everyone knows that’s the only place you make good sales at). Do not be surprised with people quitting a lot. Terrible retention. Don’t take this job if you go to college, they will not work with your school schedule and suggest you quit school instead. Also be prepared to be in an environment where you will be watched like a hawk. The manager sends the favorite employees to check up on you to see how your sales pitch is, number of sales and how you’re doing. If you say anything “wrong” you’re called into the office and get in trouble. OH & the main point. You get a “gas stipen”. You get $30-$50 a week for gas. Be prepared to spend $100 a week & not get more than $30 back. You’ll be sent to Mesa in the AM and then out to Goodyear right after. Oh & they don’t I’ve you a discount on the box. Plus it’s cheaper for customers to order off Facebook or on the website. LSo if you’d like an insanely stressful job that makes you feel terrible, has a high  more... turn over and you lose more money than you make, then this is the job for you... seriously, Taco Bell & Burger King pay the same wage, why work here.  less
Pros
Freebies at Expos
Cons
You’ll make mediocre pay & be stressed to the max
Have to be able to work in a cold environment because you are working in a freezer .
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 8, 2018
Good experience if you want to grow with the company they will give you an opportunity.You have to move at a fast pace be able to adjust to working in a cold environment ,You will work long hours overall everyone is very friendly and the company has good teamwork.Hello Fresh gives everyone opportunities to help you grow with the company and learn new positions if you are open to learning new positions.You can train for a lead position,quality control inspector and learn different positions they may have open.
Pros
Good raises.Good benefits
Cons
No cut off time you never know when your shift will end.
Embarrassed in Sales Class
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Sales class need to be done as a confrence call to employees, instead of coming to office from 10am -1pm waste of time and gas. No parking for employees. Role playing is good in some ways, not in others. Manager will call you out in front of class for no sales or help from others. Unprofessional think manager could ask for you to stay after class for help. I personally felt Embarrassed in front of class in our sales meeting. I decided not to return.
Pros
Healthy Meals
Cons
purchasing from app in the field
High energy work environment
Corporate Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Learned loads at this job about sales, member training, and motivating others. Love the company and the concept. Felt good about what I did as a corporate sales trainer.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
better balance with work and home
Hellofresh
Food Safety Manager/Sanitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 7, 2018
Even as a mid level manager I was treated with no respect. Direct senior management was never present and provided no support, only unrealistic expectations. This company does not care about its employees, only its customers.
Worst Job I Have Ever Had
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2018
When I started working in the Phoenix office, there were a lot of promises made that turned out to be empty promises, no matter how well you performed. The turnover rate was exceptionally high, and rightfully so. At one point, we were trending upwards and had roughly 20 employees. A few weeks later, we were down to about 5 of us. You are constantly sent to sell in areas that are less than favorable for the targeted demographic, and are often sent to the same place over and over again, making a sale nearly impossible. You are reprimanded when you come back from the same gym you were at the last three nights and do not have many sales. There were meetings nearly everyday, followed by an eight hour shift, leaving little to no time for school, relationships, friends, etc,. You are required to travel all over the state and do not receive reimbursement for the outrageous amount of gas you will be putting in your car on a weekly basis. I highly recommend looking for employment elsewhere!
Pros
Great product, cool coworkers who also hate the job and understand the pain
Cons
Management, job itself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HelloFresh. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight