HelloTech Employee Reviews

Hellotech is a great side job
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 23, 2019
If you know how to set up home theaters and are good at explaining to the customers how things go together its a great place to work and make some extra money.
Good company to work for
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 28, 2018
I wish I could get more orders from HelloTech. I do the work with the best attitude because it is something I love doing. Very glad to be working for them
Pros
Flexible schedule, high pay
Cons
Not many orders in my area
Literally the worst company I have ever been a part of.
Tech Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2018
Not really much to say other than the title. This company interviewed me, offered me a job, trained me, and then declined me for employment after I had made arrangements to relocate. I'm actually happy that I didn't end up working for them because you basically get paid nothing at all. Basically like driving for uber, you get paid for how much you work. I ended up working at Indeed's second best company in America. So I am happy for that.
Pros
Nothing really. Flexible I guess.
Cons
Everything. Horrible pay, horrible values, horrible management.
A flexible but competitive work environment.
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2018
HelloTech isnt a normal job, its a contract job, sorta like uber, but for people who need technical support with computers, printers, or other third party products they offer services too. There isn't a requirement for working a set amount of jobs per week or say, but with how competitive the environment is and how much youll be driving, you're gonna want to take all the jobs you can get. In a busy metroplex like Houston, you get about five or six job offers on a good day, but you have to act lightning fast, because if you even take a few seconds to second guess your ability to take said job, someone will have taken it before you.
Pros
Flexible, good part time solution.
Cons
No benefits, overly competitive
Chaotic
Sucker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2018
Management is either absent, in chaos, or reversing course. President enjoys browsing Yahoo incessantly instead of actually working. Company lacks strategic initiative and planning.
Clients Home or Business on site Technology Supoort
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2018
A typical day of working for Hellotech is great in the fact that you choose which jobs best suite your schedule. Working with the clients in their dwellings provides perfect opportunities to show case my customer service skills.The hardest part of the job is transit, sitting in traffic is never fun. What I enjoy most about the job is how thankful the clients are when everything works the way it should.
Pros
Great People! Great Schedule!
Cons
traffic
Infrequent Jobs
IT Technician Contractor (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, AZDecember 13, 2017
Been working with HelloTech since May. If you're looking for steady work don't count on it. Work depends on location. Management needs improvement.
Great Idea just no business in my area
Computer Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 9, 2017
There is no jobs in my business even though I live in a largely populated area. Once a job pops up it gets claimed super fast and it is hard to claim one without being on your phone or computer all day.
Epic
Technician (Current Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 27, 2017
HelloTech is a door-to-door tech service company. They text you job offers, and you log into the tech app on their website and select which jobs you would like to take. If you accept, it gives you the customers name, number, and address, and the job they want to be performed, and the amount you will be paid. It's as easy as it gets!
Pros
Work on your time
Cons
Not many job offers (new company)
Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2017
It is a part time job where i could scheduled my own hours and manage my tome with my current job. It is a Part time job while I am switch from contract to contracts and weekend jobs
procedure
On-site tech support/ pc repair (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 15, 2017
This is a website that gets work and sends techs in the area the work is in. It pays decently, when there is work. and you compete with other techs in your area to claim jobs.
Awesome company
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Decent wages. Great scheduling. You make your own schedule. I have worked for this company for several years and only complaint is the client/staff communication could be a little bit better.
N/a
Computer Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, NJAugust 16, 2017
This is a good company to work. You work as an independent contractor and only accept jobs that you can complete. This gives you a very flexible time frame.
The job is flexible
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2017
The job is not bad because you could work remotely from any state or you could go to client premises but I don't get that many jobs a day, that's why am looking forward to get a new job that I could get better money plus benefits and hopefully room to growth.
Pros
work when ever I want
Cons
no benefits
The work is engaging and I love the independance.
Tech/Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 9, 2017
I get to make my own schedule, choose my own jobs, and work when I want. I get training on new skills and have the ability to create m own profile with my skills set. My only complaint is the lack of work in my area.
Pros
Complete independance
Cons
Lack of work in this area
great company.
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2017
The company has a very good at management aspects with customers and employees. the problem with the company is the flow of jobs, often you will be loaded with jobs for a week then receive next to nothing for a week.
Pros
very flexible, good pay, good hours
Productive and enjoyable work for people with initiative
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Lugoff, SCMarch 21, 2017
When working for HelloTech, you have to be ready to jump at every opportunity. Since I enjoy being a self-starter, this is not a problem to me as I keep myself ready for any requests thrown my way via the HelloTech system.

The system for acquiring and fulfilling jobs is smooth and streamlined, and all information one would need is provided easily.

The only downside would be the inconsistency of job offers: since HelloTech depends on requests, sometimes a worker might be drowning in offers, followed by prolonged dry spells.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay
Cons
Inconsistent work
Contractor job
Hero PC Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2016
It was a contracting job going to customer's homes and setting up or repairing their electronics but the work load wasn't very consistent. They had several technicians but the jobs were on a first come first serve, so if you missed out on an email then you didn't work for a week because the job demand wasn't much.