HELP Plumbing Heating Cooling & Electric Employee Reviews

Help is great
CFO (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 11, 2019
I joined the HELP Team about 10 years ago in an admin role. I've witnessed the company grow like crazy. Terrific leadership and vision. The thing I like most is that everyone works together to get the job done right the first time. I appreciate that HELP supports vets, as I'm ex-military. During the growth, I have moved from an Admin level role to now I am one of the leaders of this company, working directly with the owner, who has great ideas to HELP the team progress. I can't imagine working anywhere else.
Pros
Management, planning, awesome team
By far best in Cincinnati
HVAC (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2019
I was looking for a new career and my friend referred me to HELP. I went into sales after the military and wanted a change. During training, I was so impressed with my Team Leader who was also a fellow ex marine as I am.The amount of training is really fantastic, more than I anticipated. I felt prepared to be successful when I finally went into the field. I have definitely enjoyed working for a top notch company. A bonus is the way the company supports veterans.
Pros
ongoing training, truck, benefits, supports our troops!
Really enjoy working at HELP
Drain Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 7, 2019
I have been working at HELP Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric full-time as a Drain Cleaner.
Had no prior Plumbing or Drain experience (retail background), training has been awesome, pay is great, support staff is great, love the atmosphere
Pros
benefits, 3 day weekends, awesome coworkers, truck, phone, tablet
Love working at HELP
Mission Control (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2019
I love working at HELP because the atmosphere is always positive. It'a amazing how the company has grown over the years that I've been here and all of the opportunities that have been created for people on our team. Its wonderful to see people come in with no experience, attend HELP University and become incredibly successful in a short time because of how the company invests in its people. I'm also proud work for a company that gives back to veterans and our community. What's so important to me is that I am able to take off 1-day a year and volunteer at a charity of my choice, and the company will pay for my time off! Love it here!
Pros
Well structured, excellent leadership, awesome co workers
February 19, 2019

We are glad that you have enjoyed working with us so far! Our company prides ourselves on only hiring the technicians with the most potential in the industry and we are thrilled to have you as part of our team. Thank you for supporting us by leaving your feedback! Have a great day.

WOW is all I can say
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2019
I came from a family business with absolutely no technical industry experience. They took the time and patience to train me on the right way to do my job at an excellent level. I've been on the HELP Team for over 4 years and gone from a zero to a hero in our industry. What's amazing to me is how much I know vs. the people who have been in the field for 20 years and never get taught the right way. Since at HELP, my wife and I have been able to move to a nicer home, provide a better school system for our daughters.
Pros
Training, Support from the team, positive culture
Cons
really can't think of anything
Place I call HOME
Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2019
Been at HELP now for over 10 years. I am married with 2 kids (one in college and one senior in HS). Because of the opportunities I have at HELP, I’ve completely paid for my son’s college and almost have enough saved for my daughter. I can’t explain the feeling when telling my family that my children will have NO COLLEGE DEBT! Wow, thank you to my HELP family.
Pros
opportunities that you can't find elsewhere
Cons
work long hours during busy times
Terrific place to work and make new friends
Mission Control (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2019
A typical day in the office is multiple teams communicating back and forth for a common goal.
Everyone works as a team.
There is never a dull moment.
If you enjoy working with people you'll love this place.
Pros
There is always Healthy fruits and snacks available for FREE
Cons
PTO is not offerred
Why HELP is great!
Client Loyalty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2019
HELP is a great place to work at. Since I have been here I have felt included and made new friends very quickly. Everyone is kind and the best part is that everyone is willing to HELP out! This is a fantastic place to work and the job is easy!
Pros
Great atmosphere!
Cons
Can be repetitive at times.
You write your own paycheck. There's nothing holding you back here.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2019
Plenty of room for opportunity and growth. They really invest in their employees with technical and communication trainings. Multiple avenues you can take based on your skill set.
Pros
Independence and lots of opportunity
Cons
You may work some holidays and nights.
Place I call HOME
Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2019
Pros
opportunities that you can't find elsewhere
Cons
work long hours during busy times
January 17, 2019

We truly appreciate your loyalty to our company! We are glad that through your hard work you were able to fund your son and daughter's college degrees. We are cheering you on from the sidelines! Thank you for your kind words!

Work is FUN
Director of Talent Acquisition & Engagement (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2019
HELP is so warm and friendly- I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work and have fun everyday. The environment is open, which encourages collaboration and professional growth. Everyone from the technicians to the office staff are driven and live/ breathe the company's core principles- always doing their best to improve the lives of the people they serve as well as the community.

HELP believes in both personal and professional growth. It is so refreshing to see an owner that not only encourages goal setting and growth, but works hard to provide the team with the support and tools needed to achieve goals.

You should work here!
Pros
Growth!!
Changed my life
Experienced Heating Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2019
I'm an experienced technician and my friend worked at HELP. He would always tell me how successful he was but I never believed him, until I started working here. Everything he would tell me was TRUE. I've been at HELP now for 8 years and it has changed my life. Since working at HELP, I've been able to buy my family a beautiful house in Liberty Twp, buy myself as well as my wife a new car, and take awesome vacations with my family. Some of the things I love about HELP are the top of the line tools we use, cell and tablet, HELP truck I get to take home, and of course the 3 day weekends every month. I think people would be crazy not to check out the opportunities here.
Pros
3 day weekends every month
Cons
Sometimes work weekends and holidays
Toxic enviroment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 31, 2018
There are a few people who have their hearts in the right place at help but mostly it is a cut throat industry where you are forced to sell and only those who do are rewarded he has a wheel much like the game show wof and the top sellers get to spin for free prizes and the ones who reach the monthly goal he sets for all technicians are brought to the front of the room and he takes cash out of his pocket makes the employee count aloud with him as they are given cash bonuses after the crash and prizes are dispensed he turns to the people who were not so fortunate and says things like if you didn't suck at your jobs you could be up here getting cash too technicians are not promoted by skill they are promoted by monthly sales numbers and since you are on performance pay instead of hourly if. Your numbers don't meet his expectations your calls are reduced until you are forced to quit so he doesn't have to pay unemployment for firing you
Pros
Cons
Treated like disposable garbage
January 22, 2019

This is Tyler W. and I have been running the HVAC department at HELP for over 2 years. Your statements below are not accurate. As a leader, I attend every meeting and I would never speak to any team member in that manner you mentioned.

We promote team members based on attitude and work ethic.

We have an amazing HVAC team, one of the best in many years. Our team members are happy, motivated and moving forward.

Unfortunately, we do have individuals who don’t find a good fit here at HELP. Maybe this team wasn’t your fit, and that’s fine.

I am sorry you feel the way you do. Please feel free to call me if you’d like to talk more about your concerns. Good luck in your future opportunities.

Horrible Place to Work
Client Loyalty & Acquisitions Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 28, 2018
The owner is abusive. He is a terrible human being who takes advantage of our veterans all for his benefit. He claims to take on a big veteran project every year, but he doesn't take on any of the cost. He gets all the suppliers to give everything for free and then takes all the credit. Horrible man...Horrible Horrible man!
I love working here!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  6 N. Commerce Park DriveDecember 17, 2018
I joined the Customer Service department under a year ago and I love it. I worked at a restaurant before here, and totally love my new schedule because I get to spend a lot more time with my girlfriend and family. The office is great. I really enjoy the people I get to work with. HELP offers tons of training so I get to learn new things all the time.
Pros
relaxed and fun office and a ton of ongoing training
Cons
sometimes work weekends
Awesome place to work
Accounting department (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiAugust 28, 2018
I've been at HELP for over 18 years and I work in the office. I've worn many hats through my years here and I couldn't be happier. Everyone on my team helps each other and the nicest part is that the clients really get taken care of. I'm proud to work here. one thing thats important to me is that HELP supports veterans. My dad and uncle are veterans . if your looking for a home and a family come here.
Pros
benefits, hours, co workers, clients, management, support of vets
Cons
office is kind of far from my house
Love working at HELP
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiAugust 28, 2018
I came to HELP over 10 years ago with no experience at all. HELP has changed my life. I had no idea how much I could learn and how wonderful the benefits. HELP has enabled me to buy a new home, help my kids through college and also help my family in need. HELP is a great place to work. Great management team, great environment and its nice to meet people who always focus on the clients and each other.
Pros
awesome co workers and clients
Cons
will work some holidays
Great, growing company with lots of opportunity
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2018
HELP is an outstanding company that provides top notch service to its customers and takes care of its employees. They really follow their 7 Principles and strive to improve lives. Relaxed atmosphere and they provide free food and snacks. They have free training if you want to go into the trades and a great supportive staff. Many of the employees have been there a long time which usually tells the story for you. It is also a growing company that is innovative and looks for ways to improve. I would recommend HELP to anyone.
Pros
Team atmosphere, continual training, good benefits.
Cons
busy busy, but is that a con?
Fun work place with great opportunity for advancement.
HVAC/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 2, 2018
I've been with HELP Plumbing Heating Cooling and electric for 17 months and have since climbed the ladder fairly quickly. Compensation with help is very fair, each technician has the opportunity to make their own paycheck depending on how much effort they put into the job. There are not many companies that you can walk in off the street with zero experience and have the opportunity to make six figures within the first few years. I would highly recommend employment with help to any of my friends and family.
Pros
Company truck with gas card, phone, tablet.
Cons
Days can be long during the busy seasons.
Sewer Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2018
HELP is a great place to work. They have allowed me to further my career her at HELP with the promotion I just received. I love the people to work with and will recommend to everyone!!
Pros
Pay, coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HELP Plumbing Heating Cooling & Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4