HELP Plumbing Heating Cooling & Electric

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

HELP Plumbing Heating Cooling & Electric Employee Reviews

Love working at HELP
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiAugust 28, 2018
I came to HELP over 10 years ago with no experience at all. HELP has changed my life. I had no idea how much I could learn and how wonderful the benefits. HELP has enabled me to buy a new home, help my kids through college and also help my family in need. HELP is a great place to work. Great management team, great environment and its nice to meet people who always focus on the clients and each other.
Pros
awesome co workers and clients
Cons
will work some holidays
Great, growing company with lots of opportunity
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2018
HELP is an outstanding company that provides top notch service to its customers and takes care of its employees. They really follow their 7 Principles and strive to improve lives. Relaxed atmosphere and they provide free food and snacks. They have free training if you want to go into the trades and a great supportive staff. Many of the employees have been there a long time which usually tells the story for you. It is also a growing company that is innovative and looks for ways to improve. I would recommend HELP to anyone.
Pros
Team atmosphere, continual training, good benefits.
Cons
busy busy, but is that a con?
Fun work place with great opportunity for advancement.
HVAC/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 2, 2018
I've been with HELP Plumbing Heating Cooling and electric for 17 months and have since climbed the ladder fairly quickly. Compensation with help is very fair, each technician has the opportunity to make their own paycheck depending on how much effort they put into the job. There are not many companies that you can walk in off the street with zero experience and have the opportunity to make six figures within the first few years. I would highly recommend employment with help to any of my friends and family.
Pros
Company truck with gas card, phone, tablet.
Cons
Days can be long during the busy seasons.
Sewer Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2018
HELP is a great place to work. They have allowed me to further my career her at HELP with the promotion I just received. I love the people to work with and will recommend to everyone!!
Pros
Pay, coworkers, flexible schedule
Flexible
Client Loyalty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2018
I go to school full time, which makes my availability very strict, and it changes frequently. They have always been willing to work with me. The open atmosphere allows for people to see and speak to each other, where as your typical office job/call center type environment has cubicles where you can't see or speak to anyone. It makes it very inviting and open.
Pros
Open layout, relaxed environment, felxible
Cons
has potential to be very stressful during busy times, turnover in CLT department is high
Things are great at HELP
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiMarch 8, 2018
I work in the office and feel as if things go well here. There is plenty of work and everyone comes in, does their job and helps. it's a great place to work and I enjoy it.
Pros
Flexible hours, over time and shift differential, we get bonus and comissions.
Competitive and Rewarding
office (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Coming in with little to no industry experience, you have the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge of industry best practices. There is opportunity for advancement, as we have not hired any team leaders from outside of the company.

Since it is an entrepreneurial company, things tend to change. But, it is usually for the good of the clients, employees, and the company. That also means that ideas and feedback from employees is encouraged and accepted.
Pros
Open environment, great team members!
Cons
It can be stressful at times.
Awesome!
Tech (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Fantastic company to work for with phenomenal benefits and pay. Wonderful opportunity for someone with no experience to earn a rewarding career. I was lucky to get a 3 day weekend every month. totally bummed when my wife got transferred out of state.
Pros
so many great things
Cons
ometimes I had to work on a holiday depending on rotation schedule
Amazing pay and benefits
Technician (Current Employee) –  Reading, OHJanuary 15, 2018
HELP is the place to go if you want to have a career that most don’t think is possible. I was trained from the ground up with no prior industry knowledge. I have been able to buy a fantastic home, cars for my wife and I. Most important is that my wife is now a stay at home mom.
The culture at HELP is great, easy to understand and our leadership truly lives our 7 Principles.
One problem is that the HELP Team does such a great job for its customers and employees that I have ran into people who work for other companies that have actually admitted posting false reviews about us. LOL you would think they would try to get better instead of wasting their time!
We have the system and Leadership for success all you have to do is follow the process.
Pros
Fantastic pay plan and benefits. Great Leadership and training
Cons
Haters of HELP (some who were fired from here)
Help is great!
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 15, 2018
I have been at HELP for over 2 years and since then I have been promoted. HELP offers full time benefits and a great compensation package. We are serious when we say "get the career with out the student debt.". Not many places will training someone with ZERO Experience and in a years time be making over $50K.

The workplace is pretty neat- no cubicles. Trucks are nice and are stocked. Techs can take the trucks home at night.
Pros
Free healthy snacks in the office
Cons
We have alot of meetings- but they are almost always informative.
Awesome!
Tech (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Pros
so many great things
Cons
ometimes I had to work on a holiday depending on rotation schedule
Sucks your will to live...
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, OHJanuary 5, 2018
The management is terrible and the CSRs are treated as the bottom of the barrel. Their membership program and "help a vet" campaign are all efforts to take advantage of senior citizens. The guys in the field after trained to find 3 things wrong at every call. Bad company.
January 9, 2018

Thank you for leaving your review of HELP. We take everyone's feedback very seriously and would like to hear from you personally. Please give us a call at (513) 333-4357 to give us more details about your experience! Take care.

January 15, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide a review- however, we are very surprised about your experience.

HELP doesn’t have a “CSR”. We sincerely hope that since the terminology and “practices” that you have posted about are not in line with HELPs structure and practices, you are not a competitor who is erroneously posting negative reviews.

If you are referring to our Client Loyalty Team, we would like to point out that in the last year, we have increased hourly pay substantially, given a shift differential for nights and weekends worked, successfully implanted a promotional opportunity through industry certifications and offer flexible schedule to HELP improve our Team members lives. What you are sharing is much different than the culture of the team and what we strive to provide for all employees at HELP.

Regarding the “Thank a Veteran” campaign- HELP President and CEO was awarded the Philanthropic Ambassador of the Year Award by the American Fundraising Professionals for the amount of time and money spent being advocates for our Disabled Veterans. He was nominated by the Disabled American Veterans for HELP’s fundraising efforts in 2017. To date, HELP has raised over $800,000 for our troops and veterans, in addition to doing projects to make Veterans home safer who have returned from War with life-changing injuries. This is money that came out of our company's pocket!

We have found that our clients love when our HELP Technicians offer an education to them so the clients can make an informed decisions about what best suits their families need, comfort, and budget. Our clients  more... often find that after a trust certified HELP Technician has been through their system with a find tooth comb they have a peace of mind that true professionals are HELPing them with their problem and providing a solution.

If you wish to discuss this further, please give us a call at 513-333-HELP and ask for the HR Department.

Not recommended
Management (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 30, 2017
Very stressful environment
Owner is very verbally abusive
Cut throat
Everyone walks on egg shells in fear of owner
CFO should be running the company and owner should get out of the weeds.
Pros
Field Employees are very trust worthy and do a great job for customers
December 5, 2017

Our team here is very dedicated to providing a comfortable and friendly workspace for our employees. We are very sorry to hear that this may not have been the way you felt while working with us. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with some of the team members and that you recognize all the hard work the field employees do. We hope that if you had any serious concerns that you will reach out to us at (513) 333-4357 to discuss them further. Take care.

Never the same
Customer Loyalty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2017
There are constant changes at Help. I feel there is no real stability in this job. We constantly have change in management and H.R and among our office employees as well as field specialist. They do not put much thought into their employees. They have changed key things apart of the job that a lot of people including myself use to love. They hardly show appreciation for you going out of your way to Help improve the company by taking care of the clients.
July 26, 2017

Please know, we value each and every one of our employees. We are a team and each individual is a vital part of what makes us a successful organization. We understand that as we grow (because HELP is growing like Crazy!) there are going to be some changes to HELP improve our clients and team members lives. We do show appreciation for all of our employees by offering contests within the Client Loyalty Team for bonuses and even the ability to earn extra time off. We are always open to hearing what our team members want!
If you have any further concerns, please come speak to your Human Resource team directly. We hope to speak with you soon.

July 26, 2017

Hi there, thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate when our employees take the time to provide us with both positive and negative feedback, as it lets us know what we are doing right and how we can improve. As all of our employees know, both our President Wesley Holm and our head of HR, Christine, have an open door policy for anyone who would like to bring forth any issues.
Please know, we value each and every one of our employees which is made evident in the following ways:

• An hourly pay increase and shift differential bonus for each evening shift and weekend shift worked
• Daily spot bonus for contest
• Free healthy food and snacks
• Free hot chocolate, coffee and tea
• Flexible schedule and start times
• Weekly awards given out for Living the 7 Principles and HELPing our clients
• No cubical and plenty of sunshine with clean, fresh, health air through our state of the art facility

We are a team and each individual is a vital part of what makes us a successful organization. We understand that as we grow (because HELP is growing like Crazy!) there are going to be some changes to HELP improve our clients and team members lives. We are always open to hearing what our team members want and love hearing about what motivates them!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HELP Plumbing Heating Cooling & Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3