Helping Hands Family

Helping Hands Family Employee Reviews

This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
I have really been enjoying my time working with HHF! The leadership team seems to genuinely care about their clients, their staff, and the company's mission. Everyone I've worked with has been welcoming and supportive, and you can tell that this is a team of professionals that really care about doing a great job!
From the CEO to the COO to the Controller to HR...each person at this company is so down to earth. They genuinely want to see their team succeed, all while learning. I have nothing but good things to say about this company. HHF truly puts their patients first and makes it clear from the moment you interact with them that they care, whether you are an employee or patient- you are a person, not a number. I am lucky to work for this team.
Helping Hands Family is a really great place to work. I continue to receive great opportunities as a BCBA/LBA and feel a lot of great growth within the company as it has changed a lot within the last year. I am happy to work for such a great place!
Being able to work collaboratively with the BCBA's and the clients families has been amazing. Having a clinic to conduct the sessions with the clients provides a great learning environment. The training done at HHF was also very informative.
Amazing company, amazing staff. Everyone is very supportive and really cares about their job. I have not met one person who didn’t say if you have any questions, just ask. It didn't matter who they were (supervisor or fellow RBT) They truly care about the success of the children and it shows daily. Everyone has wonderful relations with kids and parents. Frequent praise, shoutouts, and spotlights are given to staff so you will never feel like you are not making a difference or your work is going unnoticed. Working here is refreshing and a wonderful part of my day!
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Helping Hands Family is a great company to work for! During the pandemic, Helping hands has done everything they can to make sure children receive the services they need.
I have not been happier working for a company that is so compassionate, dedicated, and supportive to staff. I absolutely love working for HHF. The upper management are nothing but supportive and understanding. I feel a sense of belonging to this company.
At Helping Hands, managers are extremely eager to help in whichever way you need. I always feel comfortable asking questions and asking for help if I need it. My supervisor has gone above and beyond in order to help me feel comfortable and confident in the services I am providing.
As a BCBA/LBS that is part of the Helping Hands Family, it has been a blessing finding a supportive team atmosphere focused on clinical quality that also is active in providing support and and open communication with every member of the team.
Helping Hands is an incredible place to work. Not only do you receive a ton of support and training, but also every single person I have interacted with is a pleasure to work with. The clinic is so nice, and there are great Covid safety protocols in place both there and for in-home therapy. I’ve worked with other companies and this is by far the most well run and caring. I only gave a low mark for pay bc the industry overall is paid less than it should— wages here are fair and on par with the market.
Helping Hands Family has been extremely supportive through their training and collaboration. It has been a great experience getting to know and work with everyone here.
Helping Hands Family is a wonderful company to work for. Everyone in the company is excited and dedicated to helping our clients and helping each other learn, grow, and succeed. Management is encouraging, positive and supportive. Wonderful wonderful company!
I have worked at a few agencies on Long Island and HHF has been the best thus far. The agency supports their employees and is willing to help with difficulties that may arise on cases. I am very happy to have joined the team.
Helping Hands Family is a culture that gets you motivated. A positive and growing Quality of Service team environment from all. A company that truly cares.
As a newer employee I was instantly impressed with how committed HHF is to providing high quality services to their clients. Staff at all levels are so invested in client outcomes and are willing to provide support to achieve those outcomes. There is a strong sense of a team when working with HHF and it shows from finding ways to connect outside of work, even with the obstacles COVID provides, to having multiple coworkers that are willing to "jump in" and collaborate for the clients. I'm very excited to see how we can continue to grow as a company.
Helping Hands Family is a company determined to make a typically difficult job as supportive and fulfilling as possible. They provide ample work experiences, training, and opportunities to collaborate in order to create longevity and a sense of belonging. Staff are enthused to work with their clients and try new ideas. Managers are available and experienced.
HHF is a company that not only wants their clients to thrive but their staff also. They understand that their employees provide a huge and extremely important role in the development/growth of client needs, and they are always their supporting their staff and checking in.
This used to be the best place. Everyone communicated and the needs of the children we serviced came first. Then new people took over and let all the original team go and let tons of us providers go. We would email the new supervisor over and over asking for cases and help. She doesn’t respond. I have proof I’ve sent 30 emails to her asking for help and cases to show unemployment! 30 emails, no response. They took clients from people who have worked here for 10 plus years and assigned them to new staff who were taking less money. They even had the nerve to email me saying I was paid too much due to an error by the previous supervisor and I owed them money back! No time sheet or job description to show me the mistake, just asked me to pay it back! We used to get supervision from the BCBA’s for us who were rbt’s and others trying to become bcbas. That ended. When we asked about it the bcbas would either scream at us or just not respond. I would never suggest any one send their child to these people or recommend anyone work here. This place is a joke. They are always “eagerly hiring” because they either lay you off or everyone quits. Stay far away from this place! They force these “required trainings” but don’t pay you. When you ask to get paid for a 2 hour training they tell you that you should care more and not need to be paid. I contacted dept of labor and because they didn’t say it was mandatory they don’t have to pay. Shady work practices! Telling staff the training is required instead of mandatory to get out of paying hourly providers! Go to achieve beyond. They aren’t awesome - more...
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
The new owners are terrible
Official response from Helping Hands Family
September 21, 2020
Hi, thank you for your feedback. We would love to speak with you about your concerns and address any ongoing issues. Please reach out to HR at 215-278-9138.
While working for this organization, I have seen first hand the dedication to providing a comprehensive plan that includes support for all members of the team. I have experienced the difference that it can make to the families when everyone is working together and the willingness to also work with other professionals outside of the organization to benefit the children. As a whole the organization is also very focused on hiring individuals who are eager to learn and expand their careers in the field of ABA.
Great work environment! Supervisors are available with constant support. HHF provides me with a great work life balance. Family comes first. Opportunities to expand career.
Hi, Helping Hands Family has given me an opportunity to work in the field with families and their children. This is exactly what I should be doing, as I love working with the whole family. A typical day for me includes going to a client's home and teaching the clients valuable life skills. Helping Hands Family has helped me define my career path for my future. The management has been supportive on my journey and will guide me to always do better. The best part of my job is spending time with the children and knowing I am making a difference. I would recommend this company to anyone who is new to the field like I was because I have found a nurturing environment to continue to grow in the field of applied behavior analysis.