Helping Hands Healthcare Employee Reviews

Caregiver
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 9, 2019
Great learning experience, also enjoyed my time spent with my clients, great working environment also enjoyed cleaning daily task and providing the care that was needed to client. Employers wouldnt notify of shift changes and didnt pay overtime. They also dont offer health benefits or paid vacation.
Great Place to Work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Butler County, OHNovember 5, 2019
Love working here its more than a job for me but a passion. Love my managers and coworkers and the clients make it all worth it. I provide personal care and homemaking services for my clients by driving to their homes.
The clients are amazing
On call supervisor/CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  warren county, ohOctober 8, 2019
The clients are amazing to work for, but the company offers no benefits. Their is also no room for advancement within the company. Their is not really any compensation for driving time.
Pros
The clients
Cons
no room for advancement, no benefits
I wouldn’t recommend them
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2019
At the time of hire I was very happy, and ready to help clients. My passion is to help. The clients was never the problem. It was the schedulers. They would lie to the clients, and that is not cool. They would blow your phone up at a clients home. Knowing that you are busy, and focusing on your individual. They could wait til your shift was over, or call, and leave a message. They would be rude, and very inconsiderate. I could go on. with the
Pros
The clients
Lasted a month
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 20, 2019
pay was bad and support not that great. would not recommend working here.
ONLY good things about being an in home cna with them was the clients, who most were so sweet; And driving yourself around was nice only because you felt in control, could stop and get food and feel in your comfort zone between clients.
Admin
Admin (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 7, 2019
I can relate to other post. My manager was compassionate, but other people above her would abuse there power. Work load was to much. Help is not there. I had to train myself, I had to learn as I went. For the first 60 days of employment I really did not understand my job position or responsibilities. If they don’t like you, they will find a way to get let you go.
It is a good starter
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2019
For someone new to the career of home health, Helping Hands is a very great place to start but not finish. They welcome you with open arms during the first few weeks but after it goes to rare check-ins and few personal/ clientele follow ups. The office staff is very unorganized and it does not pay well especially for the services provided for this profession. All and all, it has taught me a lot regarding how to help and take care of others.
Great Place to Work
In-Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHAugust 5, 2019
I have been with the company for 14 years and do not regret one second of my time spent here. This is my home away from home. Management is extremely supportive and understanding. The company loves to promote from within which provides great opportunities for those who want to excel at their career.
Never again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2019
Helping hands was probably my least favorite job and I knew right away that this was not the place for me. They have horrible managers, horrible schedulers, they dont assist you when you have questions. They are supposed to find clients that are near your area of living but will have you drive all the way across town for a half hour client. They dont pay well. Wouldn't recommend to qnyone
Administration and office staff were easy to work with.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  various home sitesJuly 14, 2019
I really enjoy doing the therapy visits with patients. The paperwork is becoming more involved and repetitive and the time it takes to complete it is not worth the reimbursement for each visit.
To much work, not enough pay
Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2019
Previous employee... I was told that there was minimal driving and I drove over literally everyday all day long. I was supposed to work 5 hours a day (part time) and was only being paid for 3. The other two hours was considered "drive time" and that pay is different so my checks were never the same. Nice office staff for the most part, minus a few attitudes. Would only recommend if you enjoy driving all over and love doing lots in the clients home for little money.
Pros
Training
Cons
All the above
Great business to work with .
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 19, 2019
I love working with Help hands . My clients are so sweet. I got to work my hours around my days which is what I need . They women who work at helping hands are great. Anytime I need help figuring something out they always help me . I enjoy my job very much .
Cons
Pay isn’t enough
Flexible schedule
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMarch 18, 2019
I worked there for 3years and I got so wore out working for little pay. Alot of wear and tear on my car I only had for over 1yr and half put 40,000 miles on it. Also within a 3yr period went through 5 different schedulers. Communication is not great as well. The pros is a flexible schedule cons low pay no benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free training
Cons
Pay, benefits and alot of wear and tear on the car
Flexible scheduling, always work available
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2019
Very flexible with your schedule to fit your needs and wants. Staff very helpful and understanding and available when needed , clients are in reach not too far work is easy
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of benefits
Fun and very nice place to work if you love people
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2019
I have worked there for 2 going on three weeks and i can say all the staff are understanding and are really people who go out the way for you. I cant wait to work here for many many months to come . This is a great place to work and i recommend working here to everyone i meet. The clients are awsome and very great to work with i love this job.
Pros
Very nice clients and great managment and staff
Great Clients
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 14, 2019
People need to be aware and watch their pay stubs. They tell you one thing and do just the opposite. They have schedulers that will leave you setting anywhere they don"t care when you call. Payroll is shady. They will allow clients to remain in deplorable conditions just to get that money no matter how many times that you report it. They have excuses for everything. They will cover stealing from the clients. Clients themselves will tell you that they are not pleased with how they are treated they speak to most clients like the client owes them something. The only good thing you get from this company is the wonderful clients that you meet point blank. Other companies are paying 14.00 and up and they are still at 10.00 a hour and they rip you off on travel time. So ya need to document everything and never clock in before scheduled time even if you arrive early to do your job. You are not going to be paid . So ladies and gentlemen what ever time you are do to clock in clock in to get your travel time. Because they don"t pay for that 10 mins you clocked in early at the clients. BE CAUTIOUS AND WRITE DOWN CLOCK INS AND CLOCK OUTS
Pros
Awesome clients/ flexible schedules
Cons
Office is a joke/ not paid
Great company
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJanuary 10, 2019
I love this place! Not for the faint of heart but good for people that loves working with elderly/people with needs! Good way to start out your healthcare career!
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Driving
Flexible work place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Oxford, OHJanuary 5, 2019
Love the fact that they can work around my availability... I get to pretty much pick what hours I'm able to work and on which days. Wish the pay was a little more, but other than that so far I enjoy it.
Great company, Fun and Encouraging place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Clermont County, OHJanuary 3, 2019
I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to work for Helping hands! I have enjoyed meeting and getting to know everyone that works in the office. I love my job and enjoy all my clients that I work with. Helping Hands is like a family to me, the people in the office, my scheduler, and my clients! Helping Hands is a good place to work for and I encourage all my friends to apply. I enjoy everyday I go to work and see my clients. I am going to school for Healthcare and this job is helping me with school and helping my love my passive for healthcare even more. Thank you everyone that work for helping hands and everything you do!
Very fast with returning calls and communating things to me
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHDecember 28, 2018
Everyone is nice an pleasant, a few small little errors that can be fixed but overall everyone is nice to me an helps answer any questions and concerns I have.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Don’t communicate as much to clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Helping Hands Healthcare Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?