Helping Hands Healthcare Employee Reviews

Idk
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOAugust 2, 2018
I thought there was no communication at all between the boss, secretary and worker at all. They didn’t have no benifits at all which made it a little difficult
Productive,Hard work
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIJune 23, 2018
Working For the company was great meeting client's and establishing a mutual companionship. Schedule usually is pretty steady.." but be advise" that their not to big taking days off for any other reason other then medical. Pay is very poor is even if you are licensed.
Pros
lunch break when ever
Cons
They pay more if your willing to travel
Excellent employer
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJune 13, 2018
Love working here! Everyone is so nice and helpful. Very flexible with schedule and understanding. I would recommend this not only as a place of employment but also a place to receive excellent care for your loved ones.
good company to work for.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 7, 2018
helping hands was a easy company to work with. your hours are based on the of clients you have. clients could be difficult to work with sometimes but over all I enjoyed the work.
Poor Management
Scheduling Coordinator/On Call Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJune 5, 2018
Very disorganized. The manager was overwhelmed and did not have enough help. Very stressful. Poor working environment. Did not feel they cared enough about the clients and cared more about the money.
work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 4, 2018
They need to have more cases so people can have a job. They pay every week. and never late on payday. Other than that they are a pretty good company to work for.
Love my seniors
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHJune 1, 2018
I love helping elderly it makes my day. I treat them like family they all love me I have never had trouble friends m no one and I been doin this almost 7 years
Pros
I don’t work weekends
Cons
Love my seniors
A productive relaxed enviorment
In home Aide/House Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 14, 2018
This was a job that I just took because I was closing down my first hair salon so I needed a income but I have grown to love my clients and the staff. I'm a little upset that this journey has ended but I pray that I find another employer and company that's almost the same if not better.
Pros
Paid time off to spend quility time with my family. i was able to take the clients out on trips
Cons
i wanrted to be a live in and they didnt offer it
Working with disabled kids
Horizon camp (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 5, 2018
When I was working with them disabled kids I learned a lot about them and I wouldn't mind working with them again they're very intelligent. You understand how they look at the world and see that there's nothing really wrong with them.
Terrible
Private Duty Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 19, 2018
The private duty department is a joke. The owners are too family oriented with their employees to focus as well as ALL THE home health aide are overworked and underpaid.
Pros
You meet all kinds of amazing people with amazing stories to tell.
Cons
Nothing was ever the way they said it would be. Not even close.

Want to know more about Helping Hands Healthcare?

Ask a question
The management has no respect for staff and treated them unfairly
Hca (Former Employee) –  BerkshireMarch 12, 2018
I don't advice anyone to work for them. The care homes were not impressed with the manager for the company always messing shifts around and when staff were late no apologies, staff had no idea of manual handling skills.
Pros
Cons
Had no people skills and blamed everyone for there mistake
Very professional work environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDFebruary 25, 2018
I love working there helping with front end and back end. Also interacting with the patients. Tuning the office making sure everything runs very smoothly. The employees are very helpful .
Personal Care Assistant
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NCFebruary 22, 2018
I have worked for this company for a short amount of time. So far I have enjoyed working for this company and hope to continue to work with them in meeting their patients' needs.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 12, 2018
There just isn't no consistency with this company. Supposed to get a client then the schedule is all over the board. Not near enough hours to survive. Waited 2 months for a client after my interview
Pros
Good pay good management
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJanuary 13, 2018
its a terrible place to work. They train you for free to be a CNA but once you get promoted to be on call your hours will decrease, and they won't have anywhere to put you. they send you to people houses with bed bugs without telling you ahead of time.
Pros
Free cna training
Cons
Low pay, management doesn't actually give you 40 hours a week, once promoted to on-call your hours decrease, so you have to pick up a lot more days unless you have no life or children
very stressful environment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 29, 2017
Not an enjoyable place to work. You work with a bunch of high schoolers. Not professionals. The money is not worth what you have to deal with. If you get hired into tneoffice, they force you to work the field.
this was avery productive work place a warm homelike setting everyone was very nice and treated you with respect and in a professional manner .
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 26, 2017
I worked nights and some days. I was already skilled in all ares of nursing work so it was easy for me to jump right into work.there was no pressure or stress. The management was great. Very nice, helpful and understanding. The work place culture was great! not many if anyone left helping hands because they made you feel as if you belonged, treated you as an individual gave a lot of incentives was a happy easy going place to work! There was not a hard part of the job for me I enjoyed working with my clients and for them. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my clients get better and off of a lot of equipment and beginning to live a normal life! I loved my job!! A typical work day or night included getting repot from Mom or other nurse, assessing patient going over orders and following the plan of care as well as charting all new orders, medicines, doctors orders and any new appointments. The work place was extremely clean warm and welcoming with soft soothing music in the back ground a beautiful business setting. You could always reach whom ever you were trying to reach , they gave you no run a rounds.
Pros
health insurance, 401k, gatherings on different holidays, gifts on Christmas and birthdays
Cons
salary cap
Enjoyable Employment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working with the ladies at Helping Hands. I also had a great rapport with the clients and families that I assisted in care. The scheduling was normally flexible.
Good place to work. Usually get all the hours you want and need.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHDecember 13, 2017
This is a nice home care agency. Unlike some agencies I have worked at in the past, you usually always get your hours here. The hardest part of this job is seeing clients get ill and have to go into a hospital or nursing home.
Pros
Bonuses, plenty of hours, work close to home
Cons
Driving, clients sometimes too close together
must be organized
Guest Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MINovember 22, 2017
requires transportation and flexibility with work schedule. the nature of work changes consistently depending on the client. Best part is interacting with the client, hardest part is the the low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.