Helping Hands Healthcare

Helping Hands Healthcare Employee Reviews for Home Health Aide

organization is key
with this job, you need to have a clear mind and organization. I've learned that you need patience as well because different clients require different needs.
Cons
no set schedule, paid once a month
Great job
I like the job great hours and pay. If you ever have a problem with something they are there and answer all questions and also fix any problem you may have.
The clients are amazing
The clients are amazing to work for, but the company offers no benefits. Their is also no room for advancement within the company. Their is not really any compensation for driving time.
Pros
The clients
Cons
no room for advancement, no benefits
not very good place to work
they are full of it and cant keep anyone there.. they are always messing up on something like your hours and checks. you will never see the real owner of the place. they never answer the phone so you have to call the office manger on her cell phone
Lasted a month
pay was bad and support not that great. would not recommend working here.
ONLY good things about being an in home cna with them was the clients, who most were so sweet; And driving yourself around was nice only because you felt in control, could stop and get food and feel in your comfort zone between clients.
In regards to private caregiving
Flexible schedule good pay and benefits. Good and informative information and trainings. I was able to work in the areas that was a good fit for me such as my traveling status.
It is a good starter
For someone new to the career of home health, Helping Hands is a very great place to start but not finish. They welcome you with open arms during the first few weeks but after it goes to rare check-ins and few personal/ clientele follow ups. The office staff is very unorganized and it does not pay well especially for the services provided for this profession. All and all, it has taught me a lot regarding how to help and take care of others.
To much work, not enough pay
Previous employee... I was told that there was minimal driving and I drove over literally everyday all day long. I was supposed to work 5 hours a day (part time) and was only being paid for 3. The other two hours was considered "drive time" and that pay is different so my checks were never the same. Nice office staff for the most part, minus a few attitudes. Would only recommend if you enjoy driving all over and love doing lots in the clients home for little money.
Pros
Training
Cons
All the above
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Helping Hands Healthcare?
Flexible schedule
I worked there for 3years and I got so wore out working for little pay. Alot of wear and tear on my car I only had for over 1yr and half put 40,000 miles on it. Also within a 3yr period went through 5 different schedulers. Communication is not great as well. The pros is a flexible schedule cons low pay no benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free training
Cons
Pay, benefits and alot of wear and tear on the car
Flexible scheduling, always work available
Very flexible with your schedule to fit your needs and wants. Staff very helpful and understanding and available when needed , clients are in reach not too far work is easy
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of benefits
Fun and very nice place to work if you love people
I have worked there for 2 going on three weeks and i can say all the staff are understanding and are really people who go out the way for you. I cant wait to work here for many many months to come . This is a great place to work and i recommend working here to everyone i meet. The clients are awsome and very great to work with i love this job.
Pros
Very nice clients and great managment and staff
Great company
I love this place! Not for the faint of heart but good for people that loves working with elderly/people with needs! Good way to start out your healthcare career!
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Driving
Flexible work place
Love the fact that they can work around my availability... I get to pretty much pick what hours I'm able to work and on which days. Wish the pay was a little more, but other than that so far I enjoy it.
Great company, Fun and Encouraging place to work
I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to work for Helping hands! I have enjoyed meeting and getting to know everyone that works in the office. I love my job and enjoy all my clients that I work with. Helping Hands is like a family to me, the people in the office, my scheduler, and my clients! Helping Hands is a good place to work for and I encourage all my friends to apply. I enjoy everyday I go to work and see my clients. I am going to school for Healthcare and this job is helping me with school and helping my love my passive for healthcare even more. Thank you everyone that work for helping hands and everything you do!
Very fast with returning calls and communating things to me
Everyone is nice an pleasant, a few small little errors that can be fixed but overall everyone is nice to me an helps answer any questions and concerns I have.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Don’t communicate as much to clients
Great Clients/Okay Company
They will send you more than 30+ mins out from your house when they tell you at the interview they will never send you more than 25 mins out.... They will change your schedule constantly and even when you are at the clients house before you were supposed to go there. Great for working with your schedule but a lot of annoying little things.
They work with you schedule very well and have flexible hours. And always try to give you what works best for you. All of the other employees I’ve dealt with have all been extremely friendly and understanding
Fun work and meeting nee people all the time
I got into this job really looking forward to feeling like I have made some what of a difference on a daily basis and it has done just that ! Driving to all the clients isn't the best but with the gas reimbursement and the people you meet it is worth it !
Pros
Clients, environment
Cons
Drive time, sudden schedule changes
Very relaxed fun social job
This job really isn’t hard. You literally have the options to pick YOUR OWN schedule time frame and they work around it, very nice and friendly people and if you need the training they will DEFINITELY do a great job.
Pros
Free CNA training, benefits
Friendly
Always feel welcome and very friendly co workers. I really enjoy my clients. Overall very friendly environment. I highly recommend this place to work.
Fun place to work
Love this place. It's easy work. You get to meet people and actually get to know people. It's really fun and they work with your hours that you are able to work
Pros
Health insurance