Helping Hands Healthcare Employee Reviews for Nursing Assistant

I wouldn’t recommend them
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2019
At the time of hire I was very happy, and ready to help clients. My passion is to help. The clients was never the problem. It was the schedulers. They would lie to the clients, and that is not cool. They would blow your phone up at a clients home. Knowing that you are busy, and focusing on your individual. They could wait til your shift was over, or call, and leave a message. They would be rude, and very inconsiderate. I could go on. with the
Pros
The clients
Never again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2019
Helping hands was probably my least favorite job and I knew right away that this was not the place for me. They have horrible managers, horrible schedulers, they dont assist you when you have questions. They are supposed to find clients that are near your area of living but will have you drive all the way across town for a half hour client. They dont pay well. Wouldn't recommend to qnyone
Caring and Great place to work
On call CNA (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati ohioNovember 15, 2018
Helping Hands has been great to me and my family. Flexable with my life and children as a single mom. Great place to start a nursing career and love all the different people u meet thtough this work.
Pros
Great start to more oportunities
Cons
Have to be very compassionate and willing to work and stay
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJanuary 13, 2018
its a terrible place to work. They train you for free to be a CNA but once you get promoted to be on call your hours will decrease, and they won't have anywhere to put you. they send you to people houses with bed bugs without telling you ahead of time.
Pros
Free cna training
Cons
Low pay, management doesn't actually give you 40 hours a week, once promoted to on-call your hours decrease, so you have to pick up a lot more days unless you have no life or children
Good place to work. Usually get all the hours you want and need.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHDecember 13, 2017
This is a nice home care agency. Unlike some agencies I have worked at in the past, you usually always get your hours here. The hardest part of this job is seeing clients get ill and have to go into a hospital or nursing home.
Pros
Bonuses, plenty of hours, work close to home
Cons
Driving, clients sometimes too close together
Cna
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with Helping Hands. they always made sure I got the amount of hours I wanted for work. Their clients were very nice and easy to work with.
The Worst!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 25, 2016
They pay the recruiters more than the aides. Yes they have "recruiters" because they are CONSTANTLY hiring. I have years of experience working a nursing assistant yet they wanted to pay me less than $10 an hour. That's less than any facility in the state! On top of that they are very restrictive when it comes to paying for gas mileage. So you are pretty much working for nothing at all. Don't waste your time here. Not worth it.
April 20, 2016

The home health industry is a rapidly growing industry as more adults want to stay at home vs move to a nursing facility. We have a small team in place to recruit and maintain a high quality staff to serve our clients. At Helping Hands, we pay competitively for our region and above the national average for Home Health Aides.

Healthcare
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2016
Working to help the elderly with their every day needs such as cleaning, cooking, hygiene, and companionship. Its nice to build relationship with patients but not easy when you leave
Pros
Building relationships, own schedule
Cons
odd hours
One of the worst employers I have ever had to work for
On-Call CNA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2015
I worked as a home health aide for this agency for over 3 years. I initially applied for an office position but instead was offer a home health aide position. I took the class they offer to become an aide and was told that I would be able to use my certification to get an STNA. That didn't happen because it was non transferrable. When I got pregnant they moved me to the office due to complications. I excelled in the office and hoped that I would be offered a job in the office after I came back from Maternity leave. I didn't get offered any office position, instead I was offered to go back in to the field or quit. So I took the on-call position offered to me and I got a pay raise but I also got a head ache. My schedule was always hectic and I was sent all over the county. I was told that when I started the job I would be able to teach the class and work in the office sometimes, that never happened. I was scheduled from 10-14 hours a day and chalked up about 100 miles a day on my car. I was not compensated for travel time as well. I decided I wanted to show them what wonderful things I could do for their company and how I could help them. I created a presentation and told my boss that I would like to present it sometime. She never set anything up so I took my computer in and showed the presentation to the Vice president. I got an email back but it said I had wonderful ideas and that I would here from my boss soon about a project for me to do. I asked her about it about a week later and when she told me she knew nothing about it that is when I decided I was done. I didn't feel  more... appreciated and no matter how hard I tried to help the company I kept getting ignored. They were ok to work for in the beginning but the last two years there I never got a raise and was treated like garbage. Please don't work here if you can help it. It is a job but it will suck the life out of you.  less
Pros
Weekly Paycheck
Cons
Everything else
August 24, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate everything that you have told us. Thank you.

July 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate everything that you have told us, and we will look into your case. We realize that you have many concerns. We invite you to email us at HR@hhhcare.com so that we may learn more on your situation. Thank you.

Lack communication
CNA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2014
The only thing that I like about this company is my clients. The company has communication issues within the office. I was hired full time but I have never received 40 hours. And the worst department is HR (payroll). They have forgot to put my travel time twice in a six month period and they are very forgetful. They claim they reimburse you travel time but they actually give you what they want. Great job for those looking for part time work but make sure to calculate your travel time and hours worked because payroll does not do a good job at it.
Pros
clients
Cons
lack of communication within the company and payroll
July 20, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We want to continue to improve as a company and your suggestions will help us do that. We want to be fair and just with our employees. We will use your feedback to help us implement changes and improve. Thank you!

August 24, 2016