Helping People Excel, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Direct Care (Current Employee) –  MeridenMarch 1, 2019
This is nice place to work if you care about helping the individuals the agency serves . Management is supportive and the atmosphere is friendly. I enjoy working at HPE!
Terrible Place to Work
Direct Support Professional Day Program (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 24, 2019
I worked at this company one year and it was the worst . I loved the other direct care staff but management was awful . They played favorites and were very under-qualified for the roles they were given . No room for advancement. Low Pay . Not enough training , and you will be thrown under the bus if need be.
Apply to Mcdonalds instead.
Small company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 16, 2018
No chance for advancment. Not a lot of suports for employees. Benefits are average. High staff turnover. Highly stressful enviroment for direct care staff
Good agency that cares about the individuals they serve
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTOctober 23, 2018
Helping People Excel is a growing agency that cares about the individuals they serve and their staff. From my experience, the working environment has been fast paced and pleasant. I would recommend working here.
Family and Friendships in a professional atmosphere
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 16, 2018
My time at HPE has been nothing but wonderful. The staff and administrations commitment to excellence and providing a safe and healthy atmosphere for the individuals we support surpasses most agencies I've worked for in the past.
Everyone is treated like family and respected. The individuals we support have such a fun and exciting life style. From vacations to daily activities, not only are the individuals learning on a daily basis but I'm able to better my personal life from what I've learned at HPE. Everyone including upper management is willing to help even with what someone may think as an insignificant task, nobody is too good or above anything here.
I highly recommend this job for anyone that loves to work with the highest quality of people and who like to be treated professionally as well as have to opportunity for advancement.

HPE, thank you for the care and dedication you put in to the individuals and for the opportunity to join such a GREAT TEAM.
One big family
dso (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 24, 2017
Great place to work.Laid back and caring management.Hour and flexibilty are great.Always room for advancement and great training.I would recommend working here
Pros
hours
Great Place
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTDecember 19, 2017
They are very flexible with working families. Individuals are well loved and cared about!!! Everyone is treated like family. The poor reviews are obviously from employees who don't care because if you are good to the individuals you have a job for life.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons

Comment – December 21, 2017

HPE is a wonderful place to work. HPE's vision is to follow their mission and their mission is to assist the individual's with building blocks that's needed for their lives. Such as: Freedom to make choices, Health and safety, respect and dignity, social system and the opportunity to learn. As for HPE's employees they are treated fairly. HPE offers many opportunities to grow with the company. Their open door policy is a great help. The training is the most important. HPE makes sure staff as well as managers receive the most training possible and make sure they are well informed of their job duties. When you walk into HPE you are greeted with a warm caring atmosphere. If your mission is the same you would be honored to work for HPE.

Day Program
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 1, 2017
Respect for co-workers and individuals on the job. Hardworking to make your individuals do there daily task and keep your work environment clean. i learned several things about dealing with management, audits, and other business features.
Pros
Working with people, and helping those in need.
Cons
Co-Workers internal frustrations and Promotion capability.
helped individuals
Driect Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMarch 28, 2017
Handled front desk tasks; sorted all correspondence and answered telephone calls
Greeted vendors and directed them to their locations
Maintained updated particulars of all clients and vendors in the automated database system
Scheduled and issued meetings for Staff , Files Maintenance, Documentation, Front Desk Operations, Database Management
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 28, 2014
No comment, pleased to have landed the job, but the managment there stinks. They seem to hire people for management who know nothing about the job they are doing, but learning along the way. In this field, I think the people making important decisions should have degrees that prove they can do the job. Not those who can kiss a great a__!
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Fun Workplace with alot of Potential
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 25, 2013
The day program is a great place to work. I enjoy meeting the new individuals in the program,and working with the ones that been there.
Pros
Activities and Trips
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Place to Work
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 11, 2013
Take care of individuals, Appointments, adl's, Community experience.
Management is good. They try to work with you. They listen to you.
Co-workers get along. They work as a team.
Helping individuals in their daily life is the Most enjoyable part of my job.
Dysfunctional - Micromanaged - Greedy "Company"
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMarch 11, 2013
A for profit company that puts limits on the miles the individuals can go for outings -
Managers that cause more stress on the individuals that is not needed -
Co-workers that feel they don't have to talk to the individuals and will tell them that is not part of their job description -
Upper management feels that they can monitor who a client can and cannot talk to -
Last minute schedule changes and ridiculous demands from upper management -
People who are supposed to be caring about these people actually create problems and cause frustration -
Pros
the clients are wonderful
Cons
upper management - some house managers
Great Place for advancement
Program Coordinator/Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTOctober 3, 2012
I've been here for 2 years and they have been good to me during my tenure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping People Excel, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Helping People Excel, Inc. Reviews by Location