HENDERSON COUNTY Employee Reviews

Produtive fun people to work with
Housekeeping/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYJuly 12, 2018
In the beginning the job was great. I worked monday through friday every week. Great benefits and great people. The county judge passed away and we got a new judge. After he took office everything started going down hill. They cut our hours, could hardly make payrolland the benefits changed for the worst and more responsibly for same pay
Pros
Great hours, great people to work with
Cons
Poor management, poor benefits
great dept.
Patrol Deputy (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXMarch 15, 2018
really enjoyed my time here, i wish i would have been able to stay. family medical issues forced me to leave and get a job that didn't require night shift work
School
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 5, 2018
If you're looking for a school system to work for in North Carolina this is a really good one there other ones as well but most of the principles work with their bus drivers I tried to help out when they need to they don't leave you just hanging out waiting for the next person to do their job
Good
Review Summary
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXNovember 12, 2017
This was an excellent place to work. The Board of Managers were engaged and genuinely interested in the success of the District. I left because of family issues.
Pros
Pro-active. Relaxing environment
Cons
Small jurisdiction. Low salary.
When I was there it was a great place to work.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJune 1, 2017
Working with the public is always a hard job but can also be a great job. Meeting all kinds of people. The people here are team players and were always willing to support each other.
Pros
Great people supporting each other.
Cons
Grumpy people complaining about their taxes.
It was very rewarding
Maintenance (house keeping) (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXOctober 28, 2016
I loved working for the County . I had awesome employees that i worked for . My manager i worked for was a great person to work for . I got along with everyone ,love meeting knew people . The work day at times was a bit over whelming at times ,depending on the courts and people in out of building . There was slow days ,where there wasnt much to do ,but i kept myself busy if any of my coworkers needed help ,i helped them when they needed me.the most enjoyable part of the job was when we worked fiddlers or any of the events on the square . All in All i loved working for the County.
Great place and friendly people
Teaching Assistant/Tutor/front office (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at Balfour community center.I got to meet different types of people.I enjoyed coming to work , i worked with friendly people who enjoyed what they do.I learned how to handle hard situations, i sometimes had to answers phone calls.I had angry parents and i would handle the situation.Working in the front office greeting visitors/parents.Working close and personal with the students and helping them accomplished their goals.My hardest part of the job was leaving work. I enjoyed what i did.
Pros
field trips
Cons
short breaks
stay away
DSS Investigations (Former Employee) –  Henderson County, NCNovember 4, 2015
I worked at DSS. The pay was OK, benefits were good. However, the people are all overwhelmed with work and are miserable. Once people get promoted to management they don't seem to care and will even state 'they have paid their dues". Also lots of people in management who were promoted years ago have Bachelors degrees and act as though they have an issue with new hires with Master's Degrees.
Pros
paycheck and benefits
Cons
heavy case loads
Very fast paced work. Heavy volume work, always busy, loved working with the Judges and Attorney's
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXOctober 26, 2015
This was a really good place of employment. Interesting work, interesting people, high volume work. They paid for my insurance because I did not have any dependents. Aflac was offered. Longevity, retirement, vacation/sick pay, great opportunities.
Pros
High volume work
Cons
stressful
No advancement
Property Assessor's Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, TNJune 19, 2015
I have a steady day usually.
I have learned how to deal with people mostly concerning their taxes.
The boss does not respect his employees
I really like the ladies that I work with
The job is not hard at all, I enjoy it most of the time. Just can't not make anymore money.
I need a job where I can advance and maybe make a decent income.
Pros
The time that I can take off work
Cons
no chance at pay increase
Temporary job while i was laid off, the pay was good and the hours werent bad
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Oquawka, ILMay 11, 2013
The pay was good and I didn't mind working 60 hours a week, a typical day was just keeping logs of stuff dropped off at a job site