Henderson Trucking Employee Reviews

transportation type
CDL Class-A OTR (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILMarch 9, 2018
Transportation, refrigerated van. Pick up and deliver merchandise by specific times required. Fast pace, stressful conditions such as traffic and weather. Equipment was within 3 years old.
Pros
newer equipment
Cons
stressful, long times out
Constantly Evolving
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILDecember 28, 2017
This is a company that's just getting going, after some internal changes, and it hasn't quite gotten the bugs out, especially as a trucking company. And there is a lot of problems with the shortage of trailer's and where they are located in their system. Their Drop and Hook verbage is usually false information, and driver's tend to have to wait long periods of time due to it. It's just not fully equipped to handle the amount of driver's it's constantly hiring.
Pros
People appear nice.
Cons
Lack of integrity, when it comes to communication.
Good work environment
Log keeper (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILDecember 8, 2017
Well rounded employees, management, and work hours. Slower paced but work individually. Good insurance and benefits while employed with this company..
Relaxed and fun place to work
Diesel Truck Technician (Current Employee) –  Caseyville, ILDecember 5, 2017
Henderson Trucking is a very relax and fun place to work. I have learned so much from other mechanics while on the job. Everyone is very helpful and supportive of one another.
Great Company to work for.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILAugust 25, 2017
Henderson Trucking is a Great Company to work for. I left Henderson as I would have had to move from Williston, ND to Caseyville, IL and I didn't want to do that.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Great place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJanuary 4, 2017
If you're looking for a great job and a good environment. Then this is the place for you. I've never occurred any problems with management or the company as a whole. It is easily the best place I've worked for in my life. Loved it!
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fair and clean work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILDecember 5, 2016
Overall this is a good company to work for. Must be a team player. Transportation is a stressful industry and time management and organization is a must to succeed. If you are a people person, you should have no issues. There is a constant sense of urgency to keep people informed and follow through. Others depend on your reliability at all times. It is sometimes difficult to leave the job at home if you have had drivers that are stressed throughout the day as well.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
They lie to get you in the door
Office (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILDecember 1, 2016
This company will promise you one thing and decrease your pay the moment you start. They change your schedule at a moments notice and pay the women thousands of dollars less for the same job. There is no diversity at all, only white people working in the office. They encourage a very tense and gossip filled atmosphere where you have to constantly watch your back.

I have talked to current workers over the last few years and the place has not changed at all. The amount of stress and the way they hold back women and minorities is disgusting.

Women do not last long in this company.
Cons
no breaks, constant micromanaging, i was paid 20K less than my male teammembers.
not a place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2016
The dispatcher are great, but management team need to be revamped. I wouldn't never tell anyone to work for Hendrickson Trucking
1st time trucker
SOLO DRIVER (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 12, 2016
great company, learned a lot about driving trucks, family friendly and understanding company. they are truly a company of second chances because they took a chance and hired me. i have nothing bad to say about this company because i learned alot
Good, busy job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHFebruary 18, 2016
Working for this company is really what you make it. Was early days with long hours driving a 7 axle dump truck taking aggregate materials from place to place. Management treats you well and fair. Your co-workers were always there to help if you needed it. Hardest part of the job would be the constant driving. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with friends.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
No breaks
Cool company to work for.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILJanuary 13, 2016
I loved working for the company. Because I was about to see America in a way I never would of. If I didn't work for this work. I would love to come back one day and work for them again.
Pros
Give you all the work you can handle.
Cons
Stick to the book type of company.
Good Company To Train With Or To Drive For.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Caseyville, ILAugust 6, 2015
I worked on a dedicated account that was a great situation. My problem with it is that there was not enough home time. It could of been easily arranged for the drivers to have two days off per week, but management did not see it that way and wanted you out for 14 to 18 days on this account. Good people to work with, but while I enjoy driving, I like to be home as well.
do not work for this company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILJuly 22, 2015
dispatchers are terrible/ Management especially safety mgr is terrible. Act like they will treat you better than any other company but truth is they are worst than most
Pros
new trucks
Cons
sitting for days
great compnay
CDL Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Keenesburg, COApril 29, 2015
good pay , great travel. this company is very understanding a treats all employees like family, working with this company was a great decision i have made. they give you a chance to really make something of our self.
Pros
pays good
Cons
miss family from time ti time, when you get sic you can't see a doctor so qucikly
Pay was good
Driver (Former Employee) –  DriverMarch 16, 2015
When I worked for Henderson they had a great group of staff, it felt like a family. They kept their word. If there was ever a discrepancy of pay it was quickly corrected. They were also very good at rewarding you with incentives.
One of the best trucking companies out there
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  I live in Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2015
I loved driving for Henderson. Sure, it had its ups and downs. It was also the first company I ever drove for. The reason I'm not there anymore is I was gone from home for too long at a time. Other than that, it was great, They kept me rollin'!
Pros
Had the best dispatcher/driver manager
Cons
On the road a lot (buts thats truckin'!)
Very productive and take care of business.
Owner/President (Current Employee) –  Granite Shoals, TXJanuary 27, 2015
We like to start work early. If we are set up to make a delivery or be on a jobsite at seven am we will be at delivery or jobsite at six forty five. We believe you learn something everyday. We are family owned and understand things happen and people get sick or just need a break every now and then. I have reliable drivers and office staff. The most enjoyable thing is for the company we are hauling for tells us that we have done a great job for them.
Pros
I buy my drivers lunch and may give them extra pay every now and then.
Cons
As of right now we dont have many extras.
Enjoyable most of the time. learned different job responsibilties
OTR Team Driver/Trainer Safety- Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILOctober 10, 2014
I enjoyed working with managers and other department employees. We worked hard and tried to aide in each other's jobs when one would get behind or maybe did not know something. I loved working with the drivers being I had been asked to come off road to recruit and run orientation. i helped other departments with driver issues, logs or whatever else I could The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be helping driver's accomplish their needs so they could get home time or loads delivered on time.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Hours worked I worked 60 or more
Great family owned company
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Great family owned company - The people are all nice to work with. Has the small family owned flare/vibe to it.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henderson Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.