Henderson Trucking Employee Reviews

Not a bad company for a new driver.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILJanuary 14, 2019
As for a new driver the company is good they have a descent training. As for a seasoned driver they pay min and work long trips. Don’t get home like they say.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Long periods away from home.
Not the best
Customer Service Representative at Henderson (Former Employee) –  Caseyville,ILDecember 17, 2018
This company has very little structure and there is A LOT of favoritism shown at this company. Very fast paced but stressful work environment. Multitasking skills are a must.
Cons
long hours, stressful
A good company to work for
Truck Driver/lease operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILDecember 9, 2018
away from your family at least 3 weeks out of a month. A typical day you I would drive 500 to 700 miles a day. The biggest down fall was California waiting to get produce to head back east, at times you would sit for days waiting to get reloaded
Pros
if you like to drive
Cons
being away from family, and waiting to get reloaded.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Illinoi, INNovember 20, 2018
Less pay
No help if injured
Short tuns would not work here again company is not have best interest of worker will not keep there words about pay
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
slow pace
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2018
at first you would get the miles then afterwards you wouldnt get the miles that was promised to you so i had to find other options by going to another company
Easy going and Friendly
Driver (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILJune 11, 2018
Same as any other day as the life of driver. Now when things went wrong with the truck it took longer then u may liked to get it fixed but other then that it was ok.
transportation type
CDL Class-A OTR (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILMarch 9, 2018
Transportation, refrigerated van. Pick up and deliver merchandise by specific times required. Fast pace, stressful conditions such as traffic and weather. Equipment was within 3 years old.
Pros
newer equipment
Cons
stressful, long times out
Constantly Evolving
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILDecember 28, 2017
This is a company that's just getting going, after some internal changes, and it hasn't quite gotten the bugs out, especially as a trucking company. And there is a lot of problems with the shortage of trailer's and where they are located in their system. Their Drop and Hook verbage is usually false information, and driver's tend to have to wait long periods of time due to it. It's just not fully equipped to handle the amount of driver's it's constantly hiring.
Pros
People appear nice.
Cons
Lack of integrity, when it comes to communication.
Good work environment
Log keeper (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILDecember 8, 2017
Well rounded employees, management, and work hours. Slower paced but work individually. Good insurance and benefits while employed with this company..
Relaxed and fun place to work
Diesel Truck Technician (Current Employee) –  Caseyville, ILDecember 5, 2017
Henderson Trucking is a very relax and fun place to work. I have learned so much from other mechanics while on the job. Everyone is very helpful and supportive of one another.
Great Company to work for.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILAugust 25, 2017
Henderson Trucking is a Great Company to work for. I left Henderson as I would have had to move from Williston, ND to Caseyville, IL and I didn't want to do that.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
Not many miles paid, long layovers
Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2017
Drove many miles but did not receive very good compensation. When laid over pay was not good. There was a lot of problems with the dispatch. People who were supposed to be teaching how to drive was using me only for miles. Did not learn enough to be on my own.
Pros
Cons
too many hours driving with not very good compensation.
Great place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJanuary 4, 2017
If you're looking for a great job and a good environment. Then this is the place for you. I've never occurred any problems with management or the company as a whole. It is easily the best place I've worked for in my life. Loved it!
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fair and clean work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILDecember 5, 2016
Overall this is a good company to work for. Must be a team player. Transportation is a stressful industry and time management and organization is a must to succeed. If you are a people person, you should have no issues. There is a constant sense of urgency to keep people informed and follow through. Others depend on your reliability at all times. It is sometimes difficult to leave the job at home if you have had drivers that are stressed throughout the day as well.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
They lie to get you in the door
Office (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILDecember 1, 2016
This company will promise you one thing and decrease your pay the moment you start. They change your schedule at a moments notice and pay the women thousands of dollars less for the same job. There is no diversity at all, only white people working in the office. They encourage a very tense and gossip filled atmosphere where you have to constantly watch your back.

I have talked to current workers over the last few years and the place has not changed at all. The amount of stress and the way they hold back women and minorities is disgusting.

Women do not last long in this company.
Cons
no breaks, constant micromanaging, i was paid 20K less than my male teammembers.
not a place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2016
The dispatcher are great, but management team need to be revamped. I wouldn't never tell anyone to work for Hendrickson Trucking
1st time trucker
SOLO DRIVER (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 12, 2016
great company, learned a lot about driving trucks, family friendly and understanding company. they are truly a company of second chances because they took a chance and hired me. i have nothing bad to say about this company because i learned alot
Good, busy job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHFebruary 18, 2016
Working for this company is really what you make it. Was early days with long hours driving a 7 axle dump truck taking aggregate materials from place to place. Management treats you well and fair. Your co-workers were always there to help if you needed it. Hardest part of the job would be the constant driving. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with friends.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
No breaks
Cool company to work for.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Caseyville, ILJanuary 13, 2016
I loved working for the company. Because I was about to see America in a way I never would of. If I didn't work for this work. I would love to come back one day and work for them again.
Pros
Give you all the work you can handle.
Cons
Stick to the book type of company.
Good Company To Train With Or To Drive For.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Caseyville, ILAugust 6, 2015
I worked on a dedicated account that was a great situation. My problem with it is that there was not enough home time. It could of been easily arranged for the drivers to have two days off per week, but management did not see it that way and wanted you out for 14 to 18 days on this account. Good people to work with, but while I enjoy driving, I like to be home as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henderson Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.