Hendersonville Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not a company to work for long term.
HENDERSONVILLE (Former Employee) –  HENDERSONVILLEDecember 10, 2018
Company gets you in a position and will not let you advance. You will do work of 4 more people and more added on. Benefits are decent, but get worse every year. Pay raises are an embarrassment, unless you are director or above. Not enough people in all departments and always complain about overtime you can not have,but make you work if needed. Threatened if call or report sexual harassment, verbal abuse or age discrimination. Also threatened not to tell bad things that go on.
Pros
Insurance, Pto, Coworkers
Cons
Pay, Non Fair Treatment, Advancement Potential, Raises
Tough floor to work on
Registered Nurse on Medical/Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNNovember 29, 2018
This was my first job right out of college and I learned how to be a strong nurse. The nurse to patient ratio is high due to the level of care these patients needed. I never felt like a nurse at work, I felt like a pain management specialist. There were never enough hours in a day to get everything done.
Great Place
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNOctober 1, 2018
Loved working here. Pharmacy department was a family. Only bad thing for the technicians working here, is that we were very understaffed. We only had 4 full time technicians, and 1 PRN technician. I feel like we would need at least one more full time, or a few part time people to help get everything done.
Awesome job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 20, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Hendersonville Medical Center for the most part. All the senior employess really went above and beyond to help me make it and advance to the level that I am today as a Phlebotomist. All the staff is wonderful to work with
Great work environment.
RN II (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNAugust 29, 2018
Great place to work.
Team nursing environment.
Diverse work place.
Great opportunities to learn new skills.
Working in the ICU gave me the opportunity to
give more individualized care to the patient.
small community hospital with an atmosphere like high school, not in a good way
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  TNJuly 5, 2018
Small community hospital having growing pains. Everyone knows everyone so not receptive to care improvement. As a result poor care. Socialization is more important than care. Like being in high school again, not in a good way.
Pros
close to home, small town feel, growing pains
Cons
manager texts, emails, or call 24/7 on days off & while working & expects prompt reply
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJune 17, 2018
Hendersonville Medical Center is a great place to work! I started my nursing career there and have loved learning and growing as a nurse with this organization.
Great culture
Director of Facility Management (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMay 20, 2018
Great people, great place to work. Family like atmosphere. HCA is the parent company. Hendersonville Medical Center is growing and looking toward the future in a vibrant comm.
Smaller friendly hospital
Rn (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNNovember 16, 2017
It is a Great place to work with lower acuity patients and a community based employer. Allows you to stay closer to home and avoid traffic. Lower pay but less stress.
Met new people daily
Cardiac Telemetry Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNNovember 13, 2017
My job was to be a CNT. I assisted patients and the medical staff with their needs. I kept the patients clean and fed through out my shifts. I entered data for the nurses and doctors.
Pros
fun
Cons
challenging
Rn
Med Surg/Charge Nurse 45 Bed Unit (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJanuary 14, 2017
Small town hospital that has grown into a great place for the community. This hospital is expanding and growing. They are committed to the community and are well respected.
Pros
Small town feel
Cons
becoming a large city
HCA is great employer
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 19, 2016
Excellent place to work. Great patient care and employee communication. Worked there for many years. Left employment there to care for my children.
very nice place to work
patient advocate/Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TennesseeSeptember 22, 2015
Small town feel that provides quality medical care with a wholistic approach. Quality physicians and surgeons as well as medical professionals. This includes my experience working there as well as being a patient.
Pros
teamwork
Fun and Busy Place to Work
Registered Nurse-Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMay 11, 2014
Fun and busy Emergency Department. Staff is great to work with and the department is well managed.
Pros
Busy and Fun
Hmc
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 25, 2014
.It was a wonderful place to work until they changed supervisors' would go in and start oxygen rounds chart them in computer then start breathing treatments do ventilator checks depending if I had CCU or the floor .We would have two to three people mostly two and which one had the least load would carry the ER beeper. My coworkers were great people I loved working with them. The hardest part of my job was going to the basement to get equipment and things not being where they were easily to get to.
The most joy have ever gotten is working with the patients and there
family's, that is my favorite part of the job.
Pros
Nice people that you meet, working with others on your team.I like what i do
Cons
There are not a lot of cons for me i just need a lunch and Iam great
E.R. excellence
Critical Care Unit RN - Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJanuary 12, 2014
Emergency excellence is shown here. It transfers out the critical neurological and cardiovascular cases. Great hospital to begin a nursing career,
Great place to work!
Critical Care Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNAugust 11, 2013
I love HMC! Great people! Hometown feeling and very patient-centered!!
Pros
People and management!
Cons
Very very busy!!
Great Job!
ED Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Case ManagementJuly 16, 2013
My job is constant. There is no free time to really get to know your co-workers really well. It's fast paced. My manager is very efficient and gives us concise directives. It's a great job!
Pros
It's 10 mins from home.
Cons
I work every weekend
Wonderful helpful staff
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 5, 2013
I loved working with the people i worked with they were like family to me.
Pros
working with wonderful people always happy
Cons
long hours and on call hours
Fast paced and challenging
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJanuary 24, 2013
I worked on this unit for 10 years and I learned a lot and met many amazing people. I had great supervisors and co workers. I saw technology grow and empower us in the medical field to take the very best care of our patients. The best part of my job was seeing the patients recover from surgery, get good results from tests and just to be able to get to know them. This was basically how it was nine of the years that I was there. Then many changes came to our unit. I am not afraid of change, but they came to our unit so fast, at times it was overwhelming. I felt like I was being "rushed " to do patient care because of the huge amount of documentation. Most of it repetitive. I tried to do the best I could. Things Im sure will improve with committees, suggestions and mainly listening to the nurses before changes that affect patient care are made. In summary, the hospital wants all rn staffing by 2014. I am very proud to be an lpn and want to continue my nursing career where lpns are a part of the team and place patient care at its highest standard. Hendersonville medical center is a good place to work, but because of the new healthcare act and how reimbursements will affect their business, the changes will continue. I am thankful for the opportunity to be part of an awesome nursing staff and I wish this facility the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hendersonville Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Hendersonville Medical Center Reviews by Location