Henkels & McCoy Employee Reviews

Good overall company to work for
Senior Estimator/Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 17, 2018
The company was a good company to work for and had good internal opportunities and had some great internal programs for employees to advance only if you where very well Liked.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Very hard to get promoted
Lack of management
Regional Recruiter/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 10, 2018
Lack of management, no development offer

Lack of communication from top management

No opportunities to grow within the company

Do not offer flexible schedules
lame
Union Laborer (Current Employee) –  York County, PASeptember 28, 2018
union job with no paid time off. yes thats right you pay a union to not get paid holidays or vacation. and your time worked counts towards insurance so when the office closes for xmas and other holidays it don't count towards ins. also union finds ways to take your raises via fees and does nothing for you. the company can give you vacation or better raises but won't cause of union. equipment is ancient not well maintained. too many managers and no leadership at all.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything else
Productive and fun place to work.
Distribution (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 19, 2018
I’m so blessed. A great team, management, and work atmosphere.

Excellent safety culture. Our work environment is second to none. The entire team gets along and we are happy to help one another.
Pros
Team, environment, culture.
Cons
Currently none.
Good working environment
Project Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 1, 2018
Even though I was there for a short period of time I really appreciated that the manager and team lead recognized my abilities and gave me an opportunity to fly solo most times.
Liked my co-workers, not management
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 12, 2018
I felt like the company was to big to care about the smaller employees, but always cared about upper management, like the engineers and general foremen.
H&m
Quality Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Enjoyed the ride! The work days were never routine. Lots of good challenges and great people work with. I learned quite a bit about the OQ Law and various innovative approaches to quality in the construction industry. Learned how to be a NACE coating inspector. worked with all levels of management and that was really great. The workplace culture was a refreshing variance across the three regions (West, East and Central) and two divisions (Pipeline and Telecommunications). The hardest part of the job was giving my two weeks notice and having to respond to a large number of H&M friends regarding why I was leaving the company. The best part of the job was the travel to projects and working with the Superintendents, General Foremen, Supervisors and crews.
Foreman/Lineman
Telecomunication Foreman (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 29, 2018
Was a great company. Good people to work with. Insurance is expensive if you have a family. Great job for people who don’t mind traveling for work, but miss a lot of family time.
all work and no play
Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Wautoma, WIJune 28, 2018
They work you as much as they can, treat you with no respect, foreman are bullies, and you will never see your family. They have had us work over our legal hours, equipment that needs fixing, they will tell you to run it or they will find someone else who will.
Pros
money
Cons
never see your family
Strong Company
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJune 21, 2018
Henkels had a good employees and they always had work.I think its a great company just starting out your carrer. They had very flexible hours and let you work overtime if need
Great bunch of people to work with
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Rickets glen paJune 13, 2018
Good team effort on every crew from the guys in the warehouse to the people in the ditchcompany really takes care of there employees and there safety programs are number one
Seasoned company, poor culture
Power Designer II (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 9, 2018
Henkels & Mccoy is the perfect example of a company that is really passed its times. Management cared nothing about the employees, and makes decisions based on things that i would rather not discuss.
Pros
there are a lot of people with experience here to learn from
Cons
management is incredibly bad
productive and competiable
Flagger/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 14, 2018
finding and spotting services for gas putting in main gas pipe connecting and disconnecting gas services digging holes spotting the right service for the right house servicing the proper gas to the clients
good workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Confluence, PAMay 14, 2018
good hard working crew nice staff and they take care of you. the pay could be a little more for the type of work but over all is a decent good paying job.
don't waste your time
administrative (Current Employee) –  PAApril 17, 2018
management is awful. most have no clue what they are doing or how to treat their employees. there is a lack of career advancement, especially for those they don't deem worthy enough. people come in, get their experience and leave for something better. there is no staying power, especially for young, career minded people.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Everyone worked an took care of their job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 10, 2018
It was a great company to work for. It was a union contract. A person could only do the work they were assigned. But everyone completed the job that was assigned to them. So being a temporary job the contract ended. ..............
horrible place
Associate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 9, 2018
terrible management and human resource team. avoid this company at all costs. bunch of snakes who don't want to help or teach you. they throw you in the water to see if you sink or swim and they have no problem replacing you
learning experiences
Telecommunications Tecnician Installer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 8, 2018
I learned a lot from the crews that I worked with. There was many things that we did in certain projects so you had to keep up with everyone else. it made you better to always be learning and getting better.
Great company
Utilities Groundman (Former Employee) –  Newport, WAMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, the pay was good and I enjoyed the hard work, the benefits were not as good as some other companies I have worked for but the safety record was very good.
good company to work for
Permit / Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 15, 2018
Aquire permits and right of way for project. monitor all permits and progress on pending permits for construction crews. plan schedule for construction crews based on permits being recieved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henkels & McCoy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about