Hennepin Healthcare Employee Reviews

Difficult Environment for Information Technology Employees
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  MinneJanuary 16, 2019
Very strange IT Culture at Hennepin County Medical Center. Micro Management of daily work is a theme within IT, at least on the support side of the operation. The level of accountability and professionalism is very low for management, even those who are rude, disruptive and bully their own and other staff. Favoritism and protectionism are themes and a culture of back stabbing and brown nosing. I wouldn't recommend working in a support role as you'll get burned out quickly working there with little appreciation or support.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Poor leadership, teamwork, poor IT culture
Patient Access Specialist
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2018
My job consisted of answering phones. I scheduled, rescheduled and canceled appointments for multiple clinics throughout the organization. I completed new registration, and updated current information, verified insurance, and help answer general questions about the clinic's and hospital.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Union
Cons
Stressful, work environment, job growth
Learning experience
Provider Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 22, 2018
Great and productive experience, working along management inspired me to excel with my endeavors. Corporate environment that challenges tactics for advancement.
workplace culture
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2017
There was an amazing workplace culture as management valued our opinions and input as far as the structure of the clients' daily activities. Also, this position provided a feeling of enriching someone's life.
It was a good experience but it could be better
Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 24, 2017
Hennepin Health Foundation being the fundraising arm of HCMC had the same core values and culture but it could have been better. I like the fact that all funds raised directly go to the program and no administrative cost is deducted by the foundation. Being a young organziation HHF had its storming and norming phase.
Pros
Raises funds for programs in the hospital and each diem is used for the program without admin cost.
Cons
Department and employees both were new so policies and procedures were still being defined.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hennepin Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Hennepin Healthcare Reviews by Location