Hennepin Technical College Employee Reviews

Educative and fun learning.
Auto body workshop (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 14, 2018
On a typical day I learned about the law of physics, and some math equation included. I also learned about Individualized studies based on personality and trait. I learned about Racial and ethnic relations, Interpersonal communication, and Nutrition and health.
Management change
Computer Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 24, 2018
I started at Hennepin Technical College in August 2016. I loved the management, the managers, and coworkers. The managers would pull one or two of us out of the lab to work with him, and gain knowledge of jobs in the real world. It was great to learn what we would be doing someday. The managers were really nice, easily approachable, and overall good guys. Then, in middle of the fall semester of 2017-2018, there was a management change, and the managers that my coworkers and I loved, quit. I am currently finishing my last semester here, and things don't get done. I don't know what happened, but it really changed, and I'm not the only one who thinks that. Great teachers, currently, a sub-par IT department.
Pros
Do homework while you work, Easy to learn
Cons
Not a lot of variety, No longer helps learn real world tasks
Extremely Politically Correct
CLA (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 14, 2018
Imagine a dystopian world in which you must spend time working at a college to survive. Every move, thought and expression are analyzed for compliance. Hidden deductions are on your paycheck. Colleagues get into your business so they may use that information to advance themselves. Yes... This is Hennepin Technical College.
Pros
ample parking
Cons
everything else
Teaching at HTC
Part-time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 6, 2018
I enjoyed teaching CPLT and CCIS classes at HTC. My classes included instructing Microsoft Office 2016 applications, Windows 7 & 8 operating systems. I loved teaching my students on how these applications and operating systems worked.
Work Study Appointment
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 5, 2018
Simple work study appointment as a Supplemental Instruction Leader. Offer guidance and in-class, in-lab tutoring to fellow students. Assisted instructor in-class to answer questions and assist students.
Incompetent Leader
Staff (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 27, 2017
The mission of a technical college is truly something that is worthwhile and necessary to our society. However, that great mission is being squandered by egocentric leadership who care nothing more than about their own career moves.
Great environment
Managed Student Life Center (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 20, 2017
a team of students that collaborates and share ideas to the table. We all share the same vision and goals that we make it happen. Execution is key. This position gives you the skills to become a better leader.
Pros
popcorn and nachos
Great Place to Work
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 6, 2017
Great place to work for Educators. A very flexible place to work, great people to work within my department at least.Of course, I would like more pay as an educator, but this is not an issue directly related or controlled by the employer.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare could be better
Fun and fulfilling
Student Worker (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 6, 2017
Great place to extend a helping hand to students and faculty with school supply needs as well as meeting new people. Also picked up or learned some new skills,
Pros
Meeting students and faculty; embracing the school atmosphere
Fun atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 11, 2017
Very rewarding to get to interact with staff, students, and visitors on a daily basis. You're able to stay busy with all of the different facets of the campus - student classes, instructor conferences, local events held on campus, etc.
Laid back enviroment
Trio Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNSeptember 28, 2017
You have time to study and work for the school while earning a degree. Pay isn't that great but you build networking skills and a strong foundation of support.
Work with different students and staff to answer and solve concern.
Secretary of student senate (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 1, 2017
A typical day at work, I help students to answer question they have. set up coming program and activities on campus.Take minutes for all meeting, document all progress and keep track of all activities. Manage the Student Life Center; assisting student clubs and current students, Plan weekly events in the Student Life Center, Plan small and large college wide events, Assist campus departments with activities. The enjoyable part of my job is working with people of different culture and ethic background.
Work study
Fluid power work study (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 24, 2017
I was only a work study student, however the faculty were very helpful and friendly. They had no problem with me setting my own hours, as long as the campus was open.
Very rewarding and fun place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse, CLA (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 16, 2017
Absolutely the best job I have ever had. I have never enjoyed a job better than here. The employees are friendly and helpful. Great benefits, laid back non-chaotic environment, a lot of education opportunities for staff.
Pros
Flexiable, Fun, Great enviroment.
Cons
Spring break is non-paid
Great school and fun to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 4, 2017
i gained a lot of experience working at HTC. The staff was awesome as well as the instructors. I would recommend this College to anyone who wants to learn a trade.
Pros
Great atmosphere and people
Cons
Working at HTC didn't pay well
dont do it
Front-end Developer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 13, 2017
waste of money,,,even more waste of time
i could have learned more one you tube
I actually learned more from one of the other students than i did the teacher
Great place to work and attend class
Independent Contractor / Student (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 12, 2017
State of the art CAD design labs and full range of 3D printers to experiment with. Great opportunity to lean a full range of interest
beyond ones career goals.
Pros
open hours for experiments on projects
Cons
open structure can allow allow a student to spend time on more than one career goals
Nice group of eople
Faculty Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 12, 2017
Its a great place to work especially if you are right out of college. Very political and a union shop. Hard to get into to get an interview. Work there as an adjunct.
had a nice computer lab
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 2, 2017
typical day at work would be getting to call former students and ask if they found a job in that field they went to school for and enter data in the computer.
Pros
great management
Cons
no health coverage
Variety of projects and initiatives
Training Program Director (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 29, 2016
Hennepin Technical College provides a foundation for the Minnesota workforce. You get to interact with multiple community partners, citizens, organizations and businesses.