Henny Penny Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Strategic Accounts Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHMarch 23, 2018
Supportive family owned business when I was there. Lots of opportunities if you are motivated. The turnover is very low. Management seemed to genuinely care about employees.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
travel could be excessive
Henny Penny
General Assembly (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHFebruary 26, 2018
a typical day is laid back. I learned one good thing for henny penny which was tig welding and that's about it. Management is never around when needed you can never find them you always have to call them there is a very big gap in communication from supervisor to employee. When dealing with a problem or confrontation they never take anyone's idea into consideration THEY are always right. Hardest part of my job is to try and communicate with my supervisor.Most enjoyable part is when 310 hits and you clock out to go home. Ive been there almost a year and i really dont have much good to say about this place its always hard to get something done when you are trying to track down a supervisor to get the parts you need.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
bad pay, low raises, what you to do 70 hours of work in a 40 hour week
Its work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHFebruary 15, 2018
It could be a great place to work. They want change, and are working hard. Not sure what else to say, typical manufacturing plant. alot of associated functions.
busy gas station
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seymour, CTFebruary 1, 2018
take out the trash, make millions of pots of coffees, clean the air pots, roller grill, cleaning bathrooms, stocking the order. great manager, very helpful. all different kinds of people go there.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no health care or benefits
Dynamic and fun
Corporate Development Chef (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHJanuary 30, 2018
Always looking to improve the products produced. Collaborate with all departments and customers. Always treated well, family like atmosphere. Enjoyed working with all my colleagues.
Pros
Always looked forward to coming to work
Cons
Excessive cost cutting
manual labor
Tig welder (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHJanuary 19, 2018
henny penny expects the most out of the employees for the minimal wage that they offer. Which is not enough for what you do as a worker there. The company would be better if they payed more per hour and cut the costs of the extras that are offered that don't include insurance, medical, dental, vision, 401K are the necesities.
Cons
hourly wage wasn't enough
paid the bills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJanuary 1, 2018
I did not enjoy the location. I did not think the company cared about the employees. No support from management, train is very bad. I did not enjoy my time working there.
I loved working for Henny Penny
cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTDecember 9, 2017
I have worked off and on for Henny Penny for 6 years , and I always would recommend working for them I always had fun while I was working you never no what type of customer would come in and I loved meeting new ones every day I worked.
Pros
Company christmas party
Cons
Working the late shift
Ok n fun place to. Be
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niantic, CTDecember 5, 2017
It was ok the people were rude made me very uncomfortable. Didnt feel like. I belonged for some reason. But was glad for the experience lots of honest hard work
Super fun tons of jokes, great family setting
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAOctober 25, 2017
Management truly Both on and off the job. cared for me, and helped in many ways. I had a severe medical issues with my eyes , they helped me with finances, and scheduling
Pros
easygoing free meals flexible schedule
Cons
Super fun
Meet new people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTOctober 23, 2017
Meet new people everyday, learn how to place orders, check orders in, work the lotto machine, obey the laws as far as selling tobacco to minors, clean floor, stock shelves
Stressful work environment thats all about customer service and working as a team. All promotions are done from within the company.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTSeptember 5, 2017
Work hard and pay attention to the customers needs. Be ready to work days and nights and cover for lots of call outs. I have put in five years with this company and have gotten to the highest level I can achieve.
Pros
401K and paid time off for management
Cons
No advancement past manager.
A good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHAugust 1, 2017
There the lot of variation of work here .It's a fun job Henny penny Does a lot of work for KFC .Made restaurant interiors and holding cabinets .Made chicken fryers
Great summer job/ college job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Stonington, CTJuly 20, 2017
Good company to work for. Awesome managers and great customers to take care of. Good place for a first time job, or even just to get some extra money on the side.
Fast paced !
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHJuly 19, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Time management skills put to the test! Numerous phone calls, heavy work load. Lots of changes in management. Learned a lot about time management!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Mangement changes, alot
advancement
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHJune 21, 2017
No advancement opportunities. All Directors have been hired from external candidates. The compensation is average to above average. The R&D is very slow.
Henny Penny was a nice place to work.
Deburr Technician (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHJune 7, 2017
Henny Penny was a nice place to work. The people there were very nice and helpful. I wish my dad hadn't broke his hip so I could of stayed working for them.
Fast paced
Cahier (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTMarch 24, 2017
Henny Penny is a good company to work for, the hardest part of this job is trying to help a upset customer with either a simple fix or sadly it not being able to help depending on the problem. The management could be better with helping their employees, and handling situations that arise between them.
Pros
Free coffee, and tea
Henny Penny
wiring assembler (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHMarch 1, 2017
Henny Penny is a great place to work. The people are friendly the supervisors and facilitators are good people and they are easy to get along with and willing to help you.
Pleasurable atmosphere for a work space environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Monroe, CTNovember 7, 2016
Very friendly atmosphere. Customers and coworkers very friendly and easy to get along. Always something to do. On occasion there would be downtime which was also fine because it gave us a decent amount of time for a break.
Pros
Short Breaks whenever it was slow
Cons
Sometimes will work later than usual due to the following shift being tardy