Henri Bendel Employee Reviews

Professional and Fun Environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  South Huntington, NYMay 18, 2018
As Sales Lead I would typically open or close the store. Be available to work weekends and holidays. Set and plan to exceed sales goals for the day according to last years sales and expectations. Sell high ticket items and build a loyal clientele. Remain professional at all times. Stay updated on our newest products and promotions. Keep in touch with my clientele based on their preferences.

It was a pleasure working with this company!
People are nice
Stock Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 8, 2018
Of course its a retail store. don't think you going to be off every weekend. its different culture and background from people. nice and super friendly.
Quite Pleasant
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
I had fun while working here. All of the girls were super nice and friendly; I felt very welcomed and apart of the team the first day I arrived to work. It can get really slow and sometimes it can get really fast-paced and crowded within the store. You will encounter a lot of loyal and returning customers.
Pros
great team to work with, large collection of merchandise with a lot of variety, discounts at Henri Bendel, Victoria's Secret, and Bath and Body Works
Cons
weird shifts that range from working 4-6 hrs each shift
Excellent
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 2, 2018
I would have highly recommended to Henri Bendela to any prospective employee, buy unfortunately I left more than a decade ago. It was a great place to work.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 27, 2018
- meet daily & monthly sales goals
- assist clients with the shopping needs
- build client relationships
- maintain clean working enviornment
- friendly staff & management
Great Store
Handbag Specialist (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 7, 2018
I loved working for Henri Bendel. It was a playground for ladies to browse jewelry, check out some new trends, or update their look. If you love accessories do yourself a favor and look into Bendel's.
Worst place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 6, 2018
HR/Corporate office only listens to upper management ,upper management being directly above store manager and does not care about what employee or employees are going through, despite reaching out to HR/Corporate offices and complaining about upper management. HR/Corporate team does not support the store team. Upper management runs stores like a dictator and makes the working environment hostile and stressful. Upper management expect you to know everything despite the lack of training. Upper management manages through fear and intimidation and is also vindictive . The work environment is not healthy and there is no constructive criticism the only feed back you get is, what you've done wrong or that everything is wrong. The customer connections and your peers are the only good part of the job is that is enjoyable. No one wants to work in a toxic environment with a bully as a leader.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lack of leadership
Would never refer anyone to work here
STORE Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 18, 2018
Was really excited to work for a company I loved shopping at. Unfortunately upper management expected assimilation within 30days of hire. They expected numbers being met regardless of a learning curve. There was basically not much training and when LP came to visit he didn't even seem to know what he was doing or talking about. Experience I had was dealing with a small store and employees who loved to gossip and were out for themselves. Upper management never even gave me a chance, even when I won contests or made sales.
Pros
discount
Cons
upper management; lack of leadership/coaching
Sales Lead
Sales Lead/Interim Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Fun environment, the management team trys to treat everyone equal unless if you get on their bad side then they do not. Good team and everyone helps in the training of new associates.
high energy and clientele based
Sales Lead - Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2018
need sales experience to succeed. highly driven by sales / sales based accomplishments. very different clientele attracted to brand very high-strung but manageable.
Company downsized
Retail Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Great shopping benefits, management was divided and Accountant department was very small. When the word spread the company was going out of business everyone began to look for work.
Stock Operations (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 11, 2018
Great place to work! Everyone on the team is helpful to your success! Must maintain sale goal, very doable. Friendly environment. Flexible hours, willing to work with any other schedules.
Hard work pays off
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, Ca, USANovember 29, 2017
This was one of the best companies I worked for. At Henri Bendel hard work really does pay off. Taking ownership of the business and making it your own is what this company always encouraged. Setting and achieving goals has always been a strength of mine as well as team building and coaching which Henri Bendel embraced. I would have never left this company if i didn't move out of the country.
Henri Bendel is a good place to work at especially if you love fsahion and people.
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2017
A good and relaxing place to work. They offer very good health care benefits. I had no problem taking off due to my illness. They were very understanding and accommodating.
Pros
discounts.
Great company, poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 15, 2017
Not really a positive experience, most of the managers were very belittling to employees and would make snarky comments to make employees feel uncomfortable (in front of customers). Were also very competitive with employees by asking them to do tedious tasks while we were in the middle of selling to customers. I've worked for great brands like Nordstrom and never had situations like those. I applied to other positions while working there and decided to leave because of poor management. I recommend hiring managers with more experience and maybe a degree in Management or at least Business.
Pros
Beautiful brand and company values
Cons
high goals and product if often is defective
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2017
henri bendel is not well known, and it is hard to sell products. High goals given daily and hard to achieve because product is defective. Corporate is not there to work with you
stressful
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 9, 2017
My favorite part of the job is building clientele because you can watch the company grow and see yourself building a connection with your clients. Management is great, the brand is very unique and none like the rest.
it's okay
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Pentagon, DCOctober 6, 2017
it's a good place to work in retail ,id you like sales and I you like the fast paced life. you get a lot pf perks like discounts and all that. good benefits too
Productive and fun work place
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2017
Beautiful store atmosphere with nice luxury products to sell and great employees to work with. Management friendly and helpful.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  712 Fifth ave. N.Y.C.August 6, 2017
There was a decent work/life balance compared to other companies. Friendly co-workers. At times management played favorites, so it is important to advocate for oneself.
Pros
Met people from all over the world
Cons
Heavily relied on tourists in my location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henri Bendel. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight