Henrico County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Cool place, but not good for advancement or raises
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJuly 10, 2018
Can be a cool employer to work with but that soley depends on your school and who you have over top of you. Hours are alright depending on your position but there is little to no advancements or raises. i went 3-4 years without a raise because it wasnt in the county budget. 2 percent raises if there is one
Pros
good hours, annual and sick hours accumulated every time you get paid
Cons
little advancements, tend to be belittled, little to no raises
Great team work with the other instructors
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 9, 2018
If I am doing clinical with the students it is from 6am until 4 pm. I am responsible for the students care of the patients and to make sure that they are following proper techniques when doing procedures. The lecture portion has been from 9am until 4pm. Various topics of discussion are taught using power point, lab time as well as allowing the students to practice what they have learned before attending the clinical phase of the program.
Very Political
Autism Teacher (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJuly 6, 2018
I am an elementary teacher at heart. Moving to Virginia forced me to take a middle school job. I was unprepared for the lack of structure and discipline. While I loved working with the special education population and my co-workers, management and support were almost non-existent.
A great place to work.
Substitute Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJune 28, 2018
A typical day at work was seeing how excited the students were to learning. I learned that many students lacked the basic essentials to life to accomplish their goals and academic success. The hardest part of the job was not being hired full time. .
working
VIRGINIA (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 26, 2018
its ok but management doesent care nothing about employees even if they were in accident. Co-workers are ok to work with, but its just supervsiors at your location doesnt car about anyone only themselves
great work enviroment
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAJune 11, 2018
Friendly staff
Cleaning techniques
Good Management
The hardest part of the job is attendance
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the final result.
Pros
no weekend friendly staff
Cons
Long summer hours
good company to work for
Dean of Students, Hermitage High School (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 10, 2018
Great company to work for. Supportive staff good administration. Great use of technology for the students to use. Very diverse population at the school I'm in.
Great place but needed new admin
ENGLISH TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAJune 4, 2018
I loved my immediate administrator, but the school needed a new overall building one. I did not feel like my family and my needs were valued, which is why I left.
Family Environment
Attendance Secretary (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAMay 23, 2018
I have worked with Henrico County for years and I have enjoyed the company. The environment at the school I work at is loving and very much so a huge family.
Can be very stressful
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed getting to know the students and their background. However, this school lack structure. I have been here for a few years and have had three different principals.

Want to know more about Henrico County Public Schools?

Ask a question
Caring child environment
Part Time Teacher(PRIME) (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAApril 27, 2018
The teachers worked hard to provide the best instruction. Colleagues worked collaboratively to meet children’s needs. My part time experience with the county was great!
Depends on the school
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAApril 24, 2018
I have worked at a couple of schools in the county and it really depends. One school might have a great environment with supportive staff and ample resources, another could be the exact opposite. If you find a job at a good school, get it and hold on to it forever.
I love my class
Second Grade Teacher - Maybeury Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 22, 2018
I enjoy my job and I would recommend this place to other that are interested in a career in teaching. Staff are very supportive. I feel that my overall class is great.
Pros
great parents
Great schools
MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAApril 18, 2018
Loved working for Henrico County Schools. Nice newer schools. Diverse mix of students and faculty. Enjoyed the holidays off and inclement weather days.
A rewarding and fun workplace
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 7, 2018
Challenging and rewarding environment.
I love to work with children! Helping children with disabilities and special needs is a rewarding and sometimes a challenging job but so worth every minute. The children are loving and sweet.
I enjoy working with kids
bus driver (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAApril 5, 2018
I do love my job. But with the shortage of help its been a lot of working. I truly feel we should be making more than what their paying us..Its a good job just need more money or chance to advance up.
Pros
we dnt have work weekends and during summer
Cons
not enough money and we are doing more runs do to the shortage of workers
Great Work Place
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 1, 2018
The work assignments are changed weekly to allow for greater learning and opportunities.

I learned to prep the food, prepare the fries, prepare the salads, work with the vegetables, set up the lines, work in the dish room, and serve the student population.

The hardest part of the job is you have to do every thing in a very tight time constraint before the students arrive for their lunch.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the informative meetings we have.
Little support with learners that become disruptive
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAMarch 25, 2018
There is minimal assistance with students who are non-compliant, disruptive, and disrespectful towards adults. The expectation is that the teacher will handle all students which is viewed as classroom management.
Pros
summers off
Cons
short daily breaks, constant technology changes
Excellent Benefits and Students
Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2018
Positive school climate
Excellent students
Fair Management
Technological emphasis for all students and staff
Excellent vacation and sick leave policies
fun work place but very fast paced
Food and Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 21, 2018
As a cafeteria worker I had a lot of fun day preparing breakfast and lunch. The work environment was always successful with excellent team work. Management was always hands on.
Pros
free lunch, weekends an holidays off, same work schedule and school age children
Cons
part-time work, unpaid summers, hourly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henrico County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Henrico County Public Schools Reviews by Location