Henrico County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good company to work for
Dean of Students, Hermitage High School (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 10, 2018
Great company to work for. Supportive staff good administration. Great use of technology for the students to use. Very diverse population at the school I'm in.
Great place but needed new admin
ENGLISH TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAJune 4, 2018
I loved my immediate administrator, but the school needed a new overall building one. I did not feel like my family and my needs were valued, which is why I left.
Family Environment
Attendance Secretary (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAMay 23, 2018
I have worked with Henrico County for years and I have enjoyed the company. The environment at the school I work at is loving and very much so a huge family.
Can be very stressful
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed getting to know the students and their background. However, this school lack structure. I have been here for a few years and have had three different principals.
Caring child environment
Part Time Teacher(PRIME) (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAApril 27, 2018
The teachers worked hard to provide the best instruction. Colleagues worked collaboratively to meet children’s needs. My part time experience with the county was great!
Depends on the school
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAApril 24, 2018
I have worked at a couple of schools in the county and it really depends. One school might have a great environment with supportive staff and ample resources, another could be the exact opposite. If you find a job at a good school, get it and hold on to it forever.
I love my class
Second Grade Teacher - Maybeury Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 22, 2018
I enjoy my job and I would recommend this place to other that are interested in a career in teaching. Staff are very supportive. I feel that my overall class is great.
Pros
great parents
Great schools
MEDICAL INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAApril 18, 2018
Loved working for Henrico County Schools. Nice newer schools. Diverse mix of students and faculty. Enjoyed the holidays off and inclement weather days.
A rewarding and fun workplace
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 7, 2018
Challenging and rewarding environment.
I love to work with children! Helping children with disabilities and special needs is a rewarding and sometimes a challenging job but so worth every minute. The children are loving and sweet.
I enjoy working with kids
bus driver (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAApril 5, 2018
I do love my job. But with the shortage of help its been a lot of working. I truly feel we should be making more than what their paying us..Its a good job just need more money or chance to advance up.
Pros
we dnt have work weekends and during summer
Cons
not enough money and we are doing more runs do to the shortage of workers

Want to know more about Henrico County Public Schools?

Ask a question
Great Work Place
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 1, 2018
The work assignments are changed weekly to allow for greater learning and opportunities.

I learned to prep the food, prepare the fries, prepare the salads, work with the vegetables, set up the lines, work in the dish room, and serve the student population.

The hardest part of the job is you have to do every thing in a very tight time constraint before the students arrive for their lunch.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the informative meetings we have.
Little support with learners that become disruptive
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAMarch 25, 2018
There is minimal assistance with students who are non-compliant, disruptive, and disrespectful towards adults. The expectation is that the teacher will handle all students which is viewed as classroom management.
Pros
summers off
Cons
short daily breaks, constant technology changes
Excellent Benefits and Students
Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2018
Positive school climate
Excellent students
Fair Management
Technological emphasis for all students and staff
Excellent vacation and sick leave policies
fun work place but very fast paced
Food and Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 21, 2018
As a cafeteria worker I had a lot of fun day preparing breakfast and lunch. The work environment was always successful with excellent team work. Management was always hands on.
Pros
free lunch, weekends an holidays off, same work schedule and school age children
Cons
part-time work, unpaid summers, hourly pay
Organized Chaos
Exceptional Educational Department Leader (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAMarch 14, 2018
Henrico County Public Schools offer organized systems and frameworks. When provided an opportunity to move into leadership there is a tier of support.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Can sometimes feel segregated.
Awesome students
Instructional Assistant Exceptional (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 12, 2018
I definitely learned a lot and it has also increased my skills working in the field of special education. I had the opportunity to work with a diverse background.
Excellent Place to work.
Retired Administrator (Former Employee) –  HCPS Central OfficeFebruary 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that you worked with in this capacity. The hardest part of the job was completing everything you were assigned within the hours allotted.
Very good place to work
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAFebruary 24, 2018
My work day was good good team work everybody on the shift got along supervisor was excellent nothing bad to say about about Henrico County Public Schools.
A workplace where educating the whole student is important.
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAFebruary 22, 2018
HCPS is an agency that works toward educating students using various technological strategies and computer applications. The agency promotes the use of technology for teachers and staff. The hardest of the job is the number of students requiring that exceeds the typical caseload of a Speech-Language Pathologist.
Pros
Opportunities to work with children with varying levels of abilities
Cons
Numbers of students on caseload and minimal support from various members of the team
Hcps
First Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAFebruary 18, 2018
Is a wonderful place to work. I am only leaving to explore other options. I stayed at the same place for 16 years and wouldn't have left but for my husband's job.