Henrico Doctors' Hospital Employee Reviews

Hated this job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2019
I worked in the NICU at Henrico for 5 months and I hated every minute of it. I found the nurses to be cold and unfriendly. I would never recommend the NICU to work in, there
Fun place to work, friendly people, great place to work, management cares about me as a oerson and always puts patient ssfety first.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 24, 2018
This company is an excellent place to work, I have been there for over twenty five years. A typical day at work consists of Huddle at change if shift, bedside reporting, assessment, medication administration, vital signs, assistance with activities of daily living, admissions, discharges, postoperative patients, safety, pain management and patient education. I learn something everyday I go to work, there is always opportunity for growth here and they encourage education, clinical ladder, in services, conferences etc. Management has an open door policy, they care about you as a person, not just an employee . Patient safety and customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to them. They don't discriminate against cultures, any and everyone is encourage to apply for employment. The most enjoyable part of my job is that when I go home, I know I have done all that I could to make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Free lunch on Thanksguving and Christmas, hospital week, free gifts
Comfortable atmosphere
Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 10, 2018
Great 5 years of my working life. Wonderful directors and coworkers. The willingness to support one another encourages you to stay. the skills lab is a necessary tool to keep you sharp for the next patient.
Pros
Training was very positive
Positive team experience
Kidney Transplant Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2018
I worked within a multi-disciplinary team and felt that my contributions mattered to the patients. I felt that my clinical and administrative teams supported the program, and it's staff.
Pros
positive team work - good morale
Increased clinical skills
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 1, 2018
I love being a bedside nurse. We work as a team everyday. Any clinical skills a nurse needs to know, she/he will gain here at this facility. Mangers and directors are involved with the ongoing nursing duties/unit each day. You learn more about the patient's conditions and how they've been dealing with either chronic or acute illnesses, and this is how the humbleness comes into play.
The hardest part of the job is when patients take the turn for the worse when they've been a part of your unit/caring environment for more than 7 days.
Awful new department management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 31, 2018
The management change that happened about 7 months ago is awful. They don't listen to their employees and what is needed. They ask for feed back but then do the complete opposite. The pay is not competitive with other places in the area. No room for advancement or expanding your knowledge- if you don't come to them with IV room experience you can forget getting any. Staff is leaving left and right and pretty much everybody is actively looking for something else unless they are close to retirement. Don't trust any pretenses you are hired under because they will change and there is favoritism and unfairness.
Pros
non-sterile compounding, some co-workers
Cons
management, management, management
its a good place
Neonatal Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 25, 2018
come in at 7am and work until 7 pm. get your assignment which is normally 2 to 3 patients. fun people to work with but can be extremely busy. sometimes your the admit nurse. you are on your feet a lot and there is a lot of interaction with the parents.
Cons
Great people and good working conditions
Full Time Supervisor of Security (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2018
Great people and good working environment! Have worked as Security Supervisor for 4 years. The staff is very cooperative with the security team and help when needed.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough security officers for the facility size.
Relaxed workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VASeptember 10, 2018
Friendly environment. Lots to learn. Relaxed and flexible workplace. Just do my rounds every other hour or so and unlock the hospital at a certain time. Often times we have the presence of police officers. The hardest part of the job is to learn the building well to respond as quick as possible and be able to give directions when asked.
Pros
excellent co-workers and management
Cons
little hours available to me
Pleasant and innovative work environment Hile enjoying a family atmosphere
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 3, 2018
Very pleasant environment to work and grow as healthcare provider
Small family like atmosphere with great support and guidance
Multiple education opportunities to grow and develop an individual while enjoying being part of a great team

Want to know more about Henrico Doctors' Hospital?

Ask a question
Great place to work!
Emergency Department, staff RN (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAAugust 2, 2018
Thoroughly enjoy working here. The staff is great, there is no drama. It is a Level II Trauma Center so it is extremely busy. As are other emergency departments in the area, it seems like they are always understaffed.
Pros
Drama free work zone!
Cons
Not enough staff available to manage multiple traumas.
Goal oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2018
A great place to work if you are using it as a stepping stone in a bedside nursing purpose. Administration heavy. Significant responsibility burden for the bedside nurses.
This is a good place to work
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 24, 2018
I worked for this company for 17 years I enjoyed the co-workers and management team. I left to retire and miss the people and the environment. I would recommend working here.
Pros
co-workers
The most enjoyable part of the job!
CLINICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2018
I am learning so much from Henrico Doctors Hospital, I have different patients and opportunities everyday and that is something that I love with this job.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
30 minute lunch
Great Mission
Behavioral Health Technician (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJune 1, 2018
The employees are committed to helping our clients. The atmosphere is calming for those with Behavioral Health issues. Management is there to support and "get in the trenches" with the front line employees.
Nothing interesting
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 8, 2018
Never a busy emergency room, most people go in quickly. Medical staff are professional. Work there as a medical professional not any administrative positions. There is no training for registrars just jump right in and watch a co-worker to learn how to use their system.
Pros
Cons
No training
ok place to work
Clinical Nurse, Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 4, 2018
Great teamwork. Open to hiring new grads so there has been an influx of brand new nurses which makes for a nice balance of experienced vs new RN's. Management seems sincere in their attempts to provide safe and adequate nurse patient ratios
phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 20, 2018
As of now i work for retreat hospital on their early morning shift from 5 am-7 when needed. Their patients tend to be more difficult than other hospitals. Its pretty quiet and laid back. The manager works around my schedule.
Pros
flexible in time
Cons
low bed count. strange hrs.
Management really under satisfied
Central Sterile Technician II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2018
Co-workers were ok, loved the small hospital atmosphere. I knew alot of other employees from different areas.My manager was not in tune with her employees. She was not even certified as we were. No knowledge of central sterile or what her employees were doing. Very ,very poor management.
Pros
Fridays off
Benefits
Forced to do this
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2018
Indeed website is forcing me to state something about this facility and I do not think I should be required to do so to apply for any jobs at any location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henrico Doctors' Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Henrico Doctors' Hospital Reviews by Location