Henrico Doctors' Hospital Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAMay 19, 2019
I’ve learned so much working at parham doctors hospital. The staff is fabulous and you feel like family working there. Working in the OR has really helped me specialize in my skills.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Food isn’t the greatest
great place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 14, 2019
Great place to start off your career in the medical field. Benifits are ok. Management could use some improvement. Salary is average, turnover is high.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
poor management
Go elsewhere
OR Anesthesia Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 11, 2019
You get evaluated but no raises. This is the lowest paying hospital. No matter how efficient your work, hard u work and go above and beyond to do your job, and help everyone else around you, if you are not part of the buddy system, you will constantly have to pick up the slack of someone else. Totally biased. The better/more you work the more you get “the you know what of the stick”. As long as you don’t do your job, say you forgot, go to the office and cry wolf, call in, lie, stalk men that ain’t paying you no mind and be part of the buddy system, you’ll be fine. Good luck!
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
No raises, biased, buddy system
Very stressful and frustrating on some days, but enjoyable on others
Hearing Screen Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2019
The job is stressful on some days when there are a lot of babies born and there is no support from staff or management. Management tries it very best to support the workers as much as they can, however, it is difficult to get support from the co-workers as they only work part time. Some days you are bored and have little hours completed, some days are CRAZY and hectic, but you cannot control the number of babies born each day. Take this job one day at a time. It requires a substantial amount of patience. The nurses are kind and so are the parents. You have some great conversations with new parents or parents who already have children. Best part of the job is working with newborns.
poor diversity culture of employees
nurse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 25, 2019
Workplace culture is not fore minorities unless you can be friendly with managers or no advancement. "Do as I say" type of work environment and culture. Whites all level of top positions.
Pros
need to be strong to survive cut throat culture
Cons
Poor leaders and diverse culture for progress in company if minority, know your place.
Patient Care Technician III, PACU (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 19, 2019
You have to be a very productive person who really enjoys doing their job and don't have a problem with picking up the slack if the team falls short and needs help.
Very stressful place to work long hours & hard work the pay is good for PCT be prepared to get floated alot
Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2019
The PCT dont get recognized for all there hard work Nurses get treated better then PCT.Not all but a lot of nurse expect you to do all your work & theirs to if they can get away with it expect to get worked like a work horse & be tired when you go home if you can't handle A lot of stress don't come work here
Pros
You make your on schedule tuition reimbursement pay is good for PCT
Cons
Long hours, hard work, short staffed, very stressful enviroment at times
Hated this job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2019
I worked in the NICU at Henrico for 5 months and I hated every minute of it. I found the nurses to be cold and unfriendly. I would never recommend the NICU to work in, there
Fun place to work, friendly people, great place to work, management cares about me as a oerson and always puts patient ssfety first.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 24, 2018
This company is an excellent place to work, I have been there for over twenty five years. A typical day at work consists of Huddle at change if shift, bedside reporting, assessment, medication administration, vital signs, assistance with activities of daily living, admissions, discharges, postoperative patients, safety, pain management and patient education. I learn something everyday I go to work, there is always opportunity for growth here and they encourage education, clinical ladder, in services, conferences etc. Management has an open door policy, they care about you as a person, not just an employee . Patient safety and customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to them. They don't discriminate against cultures, any and everyone is encourage to apply for employment. The most enjoyable part of my job is that when I go home, I know I have done all that I could to make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Free lunch on Thanksguving and Christmas, hospital week, free gifts
Comfortable atmosphere
Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 10, 2018
Great 5 years of my working life. Wonderful directors and coworkers. The willingness to support one another encourages you to stay. the skills lab is a necessary tool to keep you sharp for the next patient.
Pros
Training was very positive
Positive team experience
Kidney Transplant Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2018
I worked within a multi-disciplinary team and felt that my contributions mattered to the patients. I felt that my clinical and administrative teams supported the program, and it's staff.
Pros
positive team work - good morale
Enjoyed working for this hospital.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VANovember 2, 2018
Very diverse workplace culture. Had issues with management and confidentiality. Education is promoted and offered. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the multiple personalities from time to time and being understaffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I worked with team players.
Pros
Recognition, treats
Cons
Understaffed
Increased clinical skills
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 1, 2018
I love being a bedside nurse. We work as a team everyday. Any clinical skills a nurse needs to know, she/he will gain here at this facility. Mangers and directors are involved with the ongoing nursing duties/unit each day. You learn more about the patient's conditions and how they've been dealing with either chronic or acute illnesses, and this is how the humbleness comes into play.
The hardest part of the job is when patients take the turn for the worse when they've been a part of your unit/caring environment for more than 7 days.
Awful new department management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 31, 2018
The management change that happened about 7 months ago is awful. They don't listen to their employees and what is needed. They ask for feed back but then do the complete opposite. The pay is not competitive with other places in the area. No room for advancement or expanding your knowledge- if you don't come to them with IV room experience you can forget getting any. Staff is leaving left and right and pretty much everybody is actively looking for something else unless they are close to retirement. Don't trust any pretenses you are hired under because they will change and there is favoritism and unfairness.
Pros
non-sterile compounding, some co-workers
Cons
management, management, management
its a good place
Neonatal Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 25, 2018
come in at 7am and work until 7 pm. get your assignment which is normally 2 to 3 patients. fun people to work with but can be extremely busy. sometimes your the admit nurse. you are on your feet a lot and there is a lot of interaction with the parents.
Cons
Great people and good working conditions
Full Time Supervisor of Security (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2018
Great people and good working environment! Have worked as Security Supervisor for 4 years. The staff is very cooperative with the security team and help when needed.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough security officers for the facility size.
Relaxed workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VASeptember 10, 2018
Friendly environment. Lots to learn. Relaxed and flexible workplace. Just do my rounds every other hour or so and unlock the hospital at a certain time. Often times we have the presence of police officers. The hardest part of the job is to learn the building well to respond as quick as possible and be able to give directions when asked.
Pros
excellent co-workers and management
Cons
little hours available to me
Pleasant and innovative work environment Hile enjoying a family atmosphere
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 3, 2018
Very pleasant environment to work and grow as healthcare provider
Small family like atmosphere with great support and guidance
Multiple education opportunities to grow and develop an individual while enjoying being part of a great team
Great place to work!
Emergency Department, staff RN (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAAugust 2, 2018
Thoroughly enjoy working here. The staff is great, there is no drama. It is a Level II Trauma Center so it is extremely busy. As are other emergency departments in the area, it seems like they are always understaffed.
Pros
Drama free work zone!
Cons
Not enough staff available to manage multiple traumas.
Goal oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2018
A great place to work if you are using it as a stepping stone in a bedside nursing purpose. Administration heavy. Significant responsibility burden for the bedside nurses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henrico Doctors' Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Henrico Doctors' Hospital Reviews by Location