Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest Employee Reviews

Wonderful Colleagues/Horrendous Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Overall, Henrico Doctors’ provides a clean, welcoming environment to both its patients and staff. Colleagues are hard-working and dedicated to their craft.

With that said, RT Management has taken a turn for the worst over the last few years. RT positions used to be hard to come by. However, this is no longer the case. Be warned.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
Leadership
Patient care
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 30, 2017
On a typical day we would take blood and summit it to the lab for testing and I learned a lot about different test and what they were for. The culture was diverse and the hardest part of the job was working night shift.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
Night shift
Family Like Environment
Manager of Tele Floor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 22, 2017
A typical work day is never typical. No two days are ever the same. The "family" type environment is extremely helpful during busy days on the unit. Management is always helpful in providing guidance, talk through a situation, help problem solve, or pitch in as an extra set of hands. The culture is phenomenal and very tight knit. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients come in really sick, getting better, and being stable for discharge. The hardest part of the job is only eating one cookie when families bring in platters. My waist line can't handle it.
Pros
Supportive enviroment, always learning, great personalities, culture, opportunities for growth, education.
Cons
No Redbull stocked in drink machines
Harsh enviornment
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 22, 2017
Staffing is extremely minimal.
Call hours are extreme and work most of those hours.
Need improvements in management.
Work environment is extremely stressful
Pros
doctors are wonderful
Cons
call, management
Great patients but upper management not so much.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2017
I have worked here for two years but my family has gone to this hospital for years. I have enjoyed working here until they got trauma
center certification. now its all about the money. Patient care has declined and employee morale is in the toilet. It is coming from the horrible CEO. nothing matters but money.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no help
great place
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VASeptember 22, 2016
A nice place to work and is a very fast paced environment. The days flew by and the management is awesome they are very friendly and understand getting started working there.
great hospital
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2016
nice place to work, nice coworkers. great city to live. they will help you train to move up on the job.anytime you need to talk with management ,they make the time to listen.
Pros
good city and place to work
Cons
benefits not good
busy; out of touch management; hands on care; good team work
Registered Nurse-Full Time (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 22, 2015
We have a very busy critical care unit with all types of patients (renal, transplant, cardiac, respiratory, hospice, dementia, and many others). There are usually only 3 nurses with a 4 to 1 patient ratio; and we don't always have a tech to help. Our patients are usually very complicated with turnings every 2 hrs, wound care, with many being incontinent. It is very difficult without a tech to help. I do work with a good team and we help each other out as best we can. The day always presents a mode for learning; and I do enjoy most of all the satisfaction that I have helped someone and I try to brighten their day-even pray with them if they ask. The hardest part is the unsafe situations that the nurses in my unit find ourselves in often-the acuity level is not taken into account for the staffing ratios and this presents unsafe situations for the patients and the staff. This also doesn't allow for the nurse to have the proper time with the patient that the patient deserves and/or needs. I do feel management is really out of touch with this and nothing will be done to change things until a sentinel event happens.
Pros
Hands on patient care; environment of learning
Cons
Too busy for lunch or breaks usually and quality time with the patient

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest. Our community is ready to answer.

Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest Reviews by Location