Henry Ford Health System Employee Reviews

Found 1,203 reviews matching the search See all 1,205 reviews
Family and community based organization
MEDICAL ASSISTANT HENRY FORD HEALTH SYSTEMS (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2018
This organization is great for any person looking to build a career in the medical field that values hard-work and effective communication amongst its peers. I would recommend this organization to anyone looking to have a long standing career in the medical field that have passion for it and its just driven by financial gain.
Pros
Multiple locations for those looking for short commutes
Cons
If your not lucky may have a long commute to and from home to work.
Opthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 3, 2018
Fun fast place to work and learn from the best.
The doctors are always willing to teach.

Education is encouraged and paid for.

Patient care is needed in a big organizaton like this and I was happy to provide it.

A great place to learn new techniques and the latest skills and advancements
Pros
Great hours
Cons
This is the best job I had yet.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2018
I love the work environment at Henry Ford Health System. The people there are very supportive and willing to teach you what you need to be a successful employee. Also the benefits and growth opportunities within the company are endless.
Pros
Happy enviornment and a safe place to be.
Nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MINovember 28, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working in healthcare is the teamwork and interaction with the patients/customers, and this organization offers an opportunity for both.
Management not supportive of staff
GPU RN (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 27, 2018
Unit is often not staffed per acuity but grid, budget often more important than safety and quality of care to patients, often left unit at scheduled time due to heavy assignment.
Friendly and patient care driven
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MINovember 21, 2018
The role as an admissions/transfer RN Case Manager is a rewarding behind the scenes job. I ensure patients receive the quality care they deserve. Emergency Department staff are wonderful to work alongside!
Decent job
Patient Transportation Partner (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 16, 2018
Little pay.
Taxing work.
I work with a great group of people.
Rigorous work for little pay.
Started the job due to position being terminated with any warning.
Pros
I work with a great group of people.
Cons
Rigorous work for little pay.
great place to work
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 14, 2018
good place to work. i recommend working at hfhs to everyone. wonderful co workers and leaders. easy computer system.very users friendly give good raises every year.
A Jobs
Floor Specialist/ Janitor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 14, 2018
I worked really hard. I was never promoted even though I worked really hard and the company would advance less qualified applicants. The pay was decent but raises are far and few.
I love what I do
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MINovember 11, 2018
I enjoy my job at Henry Ford very much. I enjoy getting to know every patient.
A typical day at work is safety rounding which is the most important part of my job. I have learned many things from the nurses there about medication and side effect. I also have learned so much more from the patients who come there. The hardest part of my job is the patient who keep returning consistantly because I know the medication may not be working for them and they are so sick.
Pros
the patients and what I learn from the on a individual basis
Cons
health care
Not a bad job
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 9, 2018
Love Henry Ford health system it’s self .. but the department i in manager is unfair.very much unfair .. micro management.. don’t give a chance if a mistake is made. Very disappointing..
Pros
Good job
Cons
Stressful biss
High tech pinnacle of medicine
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 7, 2018
Very high paced high tech Hospital. Regional level of care and Advanced treatment and Transplant hospital. For more than 100 years, Henry Ford Hospital has been a leader in advancing medicine and delivering the most innovative treatments. People travel to our 53-acre medical campus from throughout the United States and the world for specialized care.
Pros
high tech
Cons
I thought that I did a good job but my superiors disagreed, ridiculed me and made my job difficult.
Diet Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MINovember 7, 2018
I was let go because I did not get the patients to stick to their diets well enough. This is a fault more with the patients than with me. I was told that I did not multi-task fast enough. I had no call center experience when I started. I think I did well enough, considering.
descent place to work for but no room for advancement
Government Payers Medical billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 6, 2018
There really isn't room for advancement at Henry Ford Health System. You end up working endless amount of claims per day with no end in sight. They push you to do 3 peoples jobs and yet never give out raises or bonuses. Its mind numbing work day in and day out. The new redesign they are trying to implement will basically turn us all into robots doing the same task over and over every single day. Only upper management profits from all our hard work.
Pros
good healthcare benefits, 401K
Cons
bad management, no room for advancement, over worked and underpaid.
Henry Ford Hospital provides good training for newly graduated social workers but there is limited to no career advancement for social workers
Behavioral Health Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 5, 2018
Henry Ford Case Management Social Work provides good training for newly graduated social workers to gain experience but not a place of employment for career advancement.
Very poor managers
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Very Poor Management
Wonderful place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MINovember 2, 2018
Henry Ford was a wonderful place to work. I worked at a general practice office, as well as the downtown hospital, and then West Bloomfield Hospital. The neurologist I worked for was amazing. I had the autonomy to do things on my own, while still working in a team. The company paid competitively and offered benefits.
Pros
Great coworkers, Great physicians
Work place was caring and attentive to the patients and staff.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 2, 2018
Great company to work for. They trained the employees to provide quality care for the patients. The training allows the staff to be attentive and present to the patients and their families.
Seeking New Carrer Opportunities
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIOctober 29, 2018
I was grateful to have learned new skills as an Emergency Department Technician. Serving the community gave me a real sense of accomplishment. A typical 12 hour shift requires very few breaks or down time. Long hours standing and caring for patients one after another. Team approach is imperative to the success of the Department. Management offered little help and was not a good example of how leadership should work. Stressful place to work but was able to conduct myself in a professional manner.
people are great. culture is changing
VP Operations (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 28, 2018
the people are great but the culture is changing. New Operating Model. New Leadership at all levels. Creating Service lines across the system. totally changing the alignment.
Good group of people
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 28, 2018
Made a lot of friends while working here. The job was good and there was a lot of support from other coworkers to ensure that we got the job done. Very fast paced and kept you on your feet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Ford Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight