Henry Ford Health System Employee Reviews

Over all it was an o'k .
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIMay 15, 2018
At first I felt pride in working at HenryFord Health System but at the end of my 19yrs of service hurt. Its about the loyalty, the real love for the patients , co-workers. We all make mistakes, feel pain, when we do. Taking the responsibility for our actions and I had to pay for mistake. Its something that will stick with me the rest of my life.
I have to say it was a very educational experience and it was time for me to move on . To continue to grow, let go. Now I get to start somewhere new, a fresh start. I regret the way I had to leave the system. I will never forget that day.
good place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMay 14, 2018
Its not a bad place to work. for as long as I have been there they have been short staffed, which causes you to do more than your share some days. But at the end of the day it has to be done.
Good place to learn and perfect your skills
Dosimetry Student (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 13, 2018
Every single employee I met was friendly and willing to help. This is a very busy health care system, requiring a tremendous amount of team work. This is a teaching hospital, which is noticeable in the staff's behavior, as they are willing to go out of their way to explain what you don't understand.
Collaborative workplace with many opportunities to advance your career
Special Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 12, 2018
Henry Ford Health System created a great team environment within their communications departments. Management is helpful and encouraging with all projects, big or small. The hardest part of the special event's position is just keeping up with the fast-paced field. The best part of the job is working for a better cause, raising money for the Health System for research and hospital improvements.
Henry Ford Health System
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 8, 2018
Its a nice place to work if your manager is fair. That's the problem in a hospital clinic setting. It's all about who you know There is too much favoritism and partiality that goes unchecked. The hospital is ok. Nurses don't always make the best managers- they usually only know how to manage paperwork and follow JCAHO rules. Some aren't good with management or giving instruction
Cons
read above
Productive, meet a lot of new people, get to work with a large group of people with various expertise
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 8, 2018
Henry Ford Dermatology is a great place too work at because there are many things going on and all at the same time. They are a specialty clinic. So they preform many different procedures such as, C02 laser, laser hair removal and for different skin conditions. Photo Therapy, Excimer Laser, Photodynamic Therapy, etc. Also perform many biopsies and minor surgeries everyday. They also have a residency program where they have students learning while in the clinic setting. You meet many different people from patients, doctors, nurses. Very busy clinic doing a lot of good things
Pros
Learn a lot about skin conditions techniques and treatments Meeting new people
Cons
Big office with a lot of things going on sometimes there is a breakdown of communication, organization and delegating all those aspects.
I love Henry Ford
Corporate Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 7, 2018
Henry Ford definitely strives to be the best health system, it's really great to work there because they are always being innovative and opportunities to grow.
Good work environment
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMay 7, 2018
Good place to work. Very laid back. Work at your own pace. Recognition for job well done. Enjoy working with all the people in my group. On-call rotation every 12 weeks or so.
Company stuck in the past
Project Management Co-op (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2018
Henry Ford Health System does not provide their employees with the necessary tools to advance as a professional or learn new skills that will help create progress.
Up to date technical plce to work
RN PACU (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 1, 2018
This hospital has the latest "epic" charting system which allows me to rapidly get through assessments. This enables the rn to spend more time with patient care. I have worked at other hospitals and their charting systems are just not up to date. There is a real difference here
Pros
Got breaks in timely fashion, Bosses were good.
Cons
Many on call required and the management did not require the midnight personel to take call
Central Authorization Speicialist
Central Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 29, 2018
Henry Ford has a great culture and is a nice place to work. Most people are friendly and there are decent benefits. Management varies depending on what department you work in. My biggest reason for wanting to leave the job is to gain greater opportunities for advancement. Henry Ford does attempt to help its workers advance but I like to weigh my options within as well as outside of Henry Ford.
Diversity
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 27, 2018
Henry Ford Health System is great with diversity. Management is always willing to listen and ensure that you are satisfied with your job and that you have the tools you need to do your job.
Housekeeping
Henry Ford Hospital (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 26, 2018
Clean discharge rooms work in ER also Cleen restrooms.. also cleen up mop ups. The only problems about working at Henry Ford Health System Are the nurses are rude some of them...
Pros
Employees badge help out
Cons
Short break
Nice place to work
Physician Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 25, 2018
Henry ford is a great place to work. They pay could be better. They pay for continuing education which is a plus. I enjoy working with people and helping people as well.
Great place to care for patients
Medical Assistant II-Pulmonary Department (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIApril 24, 2018
Henry Ford provides excellent care for their patients and employees. They use to have an excellent program to help employees advance in their careers called "The Ladder" program. But for some reason it was discontinued. That was a great opportunity for employees and I am sadden that it was never put back in effect.
Pros
meeting great people, tuition reimbursement, overall care provided
Cons
few lunches, horrible nurse supervisor, asked for help with inhaler teaching was told to you tube it, 14 years of service there and I was terminated by this lady.
a place to give care to others, the joy of this job is meeting the needs of those that need help.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 24, 2018
fast pace, must work as a team, low pay, most enjoyable part of the job is helping others. the hardest part of the job is that people do not work as a team.
good
Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time working the Emergency Department at Henry Hospital Detroit. Experience gained at this facility is unmatched. Co-works were top notch as well as care provided to patients. I was a patient there and would send any of my friends or family to that ER.
nice place
Sr. performance analyst Epic (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 22, 2018
smart and responsible people to work there, it is a very good hospital too. I am impressed by good doctors and nurses there. it would be great if I could resume work there.
A day in ICU
Medical Intensive Care Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 19, 2018
The hardest part of my job is being their for the patients family, when terminal weaning a patient. The hardest part is saying goodbye to your love one for the last time.
Pros
I have four days off a week
Cons
Very fast paced
Henry Ford Hospital is a good employer
Senior Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 19, 2018
I worked as an OEM for most of my life and it was very fast paced. Henry Ford is a more slow paced environment. They do there very best to make you feel like you are a part of the team
Pros
Good training
Cons
slow paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Ford Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight