Henry Ford Health System Employee Reviews

Found 1,309 reviews matching the search See all 1,311 reviews
Productive, Enjoyed BC clinical trial studies, learned.
Manager, Research Programs, Department of Surgery (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 20, 2019
Productive environment. Enjoyed managing clinical trial studies. Learned so much about healthcare and it's impact on the lives of people. Dynamic experience, because the job I did offered variety. People, management of funding, opportunity to be creative and training. The company offers opportunities for it's employees to be successful if they so desire. In particular, Henry Ford Health, is in the business of healthcare, patients come first! When you left for the day, however busy and stressful your day may have been, you felt that you made an impact on peoples lives, even if you were not a doctor or nurse.
Pros
Top notch healthcare for patients and ability to learn
Cons
Staffing
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse, Women's & children's health (Current Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIFebruary 17, 2019
Being able to take care of a variety of patients on one unit. We provide care to women's health, pediatrics, and postpartum patients. We have excellent team work on our unit.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
limited resources on night shift
Positive
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIFebruary 14, 2019
Just like in any large hospital system, the bottom line is money. Work environment is average. It really depends on the department you work in. Overall, the work environment is positive.
Super cool
Clinical Service Representative I Secretary (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 14, 2019
Great place, team work, overtime hours,🚌 pick-up, food service is great,clean bright welcome place to work.Been their for five years,close to my apartment
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 13, 2019
Great teamwork amongst staff. Truly enjoyed providing care to patients, best part of my job. Flexible schedule allowed me to have a great work/life balance.
Family atmosphere
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 11, 2019
We developed a family in the laboratory, management did more critiques than praise. I learned how to work well with others, and treat everyone fairly.
Good work place
ASSISTANT NURSE (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIFebruary 11, 2019
Good work place; good management; safe and caring
Well known, good work culture.
Good work place to grow up in the lader
Very cooperative manager
Medical insurance
Hfhs
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIFebruary 5, 2019
Henry Ford encourages growth and education. Work culture is dependent upon the unit worked, but diversity is evident on mine. Management is fair. Staff educators are numerous and accessible. Henry Ford is one of the few health systems that offer tuition reimbursement to part and full time staff. The work is challenging, but mostly rewarding.
Micromanaged company
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 4, 2019
Every department is not the same. There are some great areas to work in. Coworkers make the stress that you do feel disappear. The Holiday party is fun!
A great learning experience.
Lab Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 4, 2019
My work experience at Henry Ford Hospital was interesting. A typical day at work was mostly putting in Dr.s orders into the computer, answering multiple phone lines, filling, aliquoting specimens, labeling specimen containers. I learned , and was trained to aliquot , learned many different computer skills. I worked with a very diversified department. I would say that the hardest part of my job was learning to adjusted to all of the many different personalities. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the customers, and resolving all of the many issues.
Pros
management
Cons
no advancement in my past position.
Heads up!
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIFebruary 4, 2019
You just need to watch your back at HFM in the OR. Management gets away with putting made up “write ups” in your personal file. It is an unfair and bias work environment.
Pros
Dr’s and staff are great to work with
Cons
Management is corrupt
Flexible and family-like feeling
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIFebruary 2, 2019
This facility supports their employees with confidence and pride. They encourage you to move further with your career, to not only make more money but to enjoy the work you do.
okay for volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIJanuary 31, 2019
just okay for volunteer. i love my experience with my as a volunteer the nurse staff is so friendly they keep on telling me to apply there so I dont have to volunteer anymore.
corporate structure is unwieldy
Director, System Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 31, 2019
HFHS is a large organization with multiple levels of management. This often results in excessive meetings to rehash the same issue and delays in implementation of projects
Cons
management structure
Henry Ford Health
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 31, 2019
My responsibilities include processing professional Blue Cross Blue Shield medical claims that have been denied payments, posting payments, initiating refunds, coordination of benefits determination, follow-up, and administrative patient care assistance. Communicating with the coding and registration department is heavily relied on as well.
Pros
PTO and a good immediate supervisor
Fun workplace
Patient Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 29, 2019
Good place to work, felt able to progress, classes were available to advance as well as working in a busy environment overall I feel this was a nice place to work
Great Place To Work But No Opportunity to Advance
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 29, 2019
There are no salary increases unless the whole system does well. Your yearly personal goals mean virtually nothing if you go above and beyond the call of duty. My manager was wonderful and encouraging and valued work/life balance. She also put a focus on advance yourself personally.
great place to work and grow
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 28, 2019
Henry Ford was a great place to work and grow over the years I was there. I was able to transfer within the system and found it very rewarding.

I would recommend working there to others.
Great health system if you work under good management
Fellowship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIJanuary 28, 2019
I loved bed my job at Henry Ford. I was fortunate to have an amazing manager and worked with exceptional providers. As with any large organization, there can be employees and management that can be difficult. I was fortunate in my role.
Poor Scheduling
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 27, 2019
I enjoyed working here in the beginning. During training I worked at least 40 hours a week. Now I work 16-20. I went on maternity leave and I haven’t been able to even return due to poor scheduling and they won’t work around my schedule as a new mom.
Pros
The job itself isn’t too bad
Cons
Low pay and hours, bad management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Ford Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss