Henry Industries, Inc Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  3843 N. Cypress DrAugust 11, 2019
Funest and coolest job I ever had, shipping and receiving. Sorting threw and scanning Ups, Fed Ex products, placing them in little red or blue tots. Stack them on pallets then band the tight so the don't move. Grab pallet jack and load em on truck. I could listen to music I did everything by myself just me and my supervisor. Cool job.
Thank You.
Pros
Listen to music.
Cons
That I don't work there no more.
A pathetic company (to say in the nicest way possible)
CSR Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 22, 2019
By far the most hostile and unprofessional work environment I’ve ever experienced. Not at all worth the pay (which isn’t enough to survive in the Bay Area anyways).
Management is unqualified, management is paranoid and thinks employees are out to get them, management will plot to fire you if you make an HR complaint against them about unprofessionalism, management will pick and choose who he believes during conflict depending on who he likes more, he will laugh in your face when you have problems with other employees, HR will ignore your concerns (racial, sexism, harassment, aggressive coworkers, etc.) in the workplace, If you do not fit into the clique of coworkers they will blatantly lie on you repeatedly to get you fired, it’s obvious that they have nothing better going on in their lives so they obsess over work drama and gossip, the employees talk about each other very badly behind each other’s backs, hard to do work with all of the drama and backstabbing going on no matter how neutral you try to remain. The customer hates them which isn’t very comforting as far as job security goes. It’s really just a hot mess. Don’t apply unless you want to be under constant stress and criticism. They honestly do not care about their employees here. I just walked out one day after realizing I was above working there. Best decision I’ve ever made.
Pros
Most of the IC’s are pleasant, Teaches you the kind of environment you DON’T want to be in, really tests your patience and helps you recognize your limits
Cons
(Listed above)
Work
OWNER (Current Employee) –  FALLS CREEK, PAMay 30, 2019
Done what ever it took to get the work done. Very challenging, long hours, no time for family, lost bond with children. Customers drained all profits out of company
Pros
Was in charge, Always challenging
Cons
Worked weekends/holidays 70/80 hours week
Henry Industries Sucks.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAMay 21, 2019
Horrible place to work. Poor pay.
That place should be shut down they pay their drivers below the state pay rate. You drive your own vehicle and put wear and tear on it. You don't get compensated for the hours you worked. Better do uber or Lfyt.
Henry not to bad
Courier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 15, 2019
If I wasn't greedy, or thought I could do insurance, I would stayed with the company. It was hard work, but rewarding because I got to delivered drugs at hospitals that probably help people get better.
Run, don’t walk—far away from Henry Industries
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2019
The pay for the hours they expect you to work is a joke. Getting a raise is next to impossible and the PTO is laughable. You will only go far if you “know” someone; that being said—those that know the powers that be are untouchable. Do yourself a favor and don’t even waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, hours etc etc
Run! Not walk! Run!!
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaMarch 26, 2019
This place is a joke! Not sure how they are allowed to short drivers consistently! All management is a joke pretend to be fair or care.
Stay Away if you want to keep your sanity.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 7, 2019
The manager at the Golden location was very unprofessional. The dispatchers were unprofessional, too personal with certain drivers and played favorites with them. There was no teamwork and a lot of gossip and drama.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
A lot of gossip. No teamwork. Unprofessional.
See review.
contract route driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 25, 2019
Drove for Henry for more than 10 years. Once upon a time they were a great company to work for but, in recent years working there became intolerable. They've lost dozens of drivers in the past few years because of poor management. When you start, the pay looks average to good but then you get your checks and see the back charges, including a "fuel surcharge". That's right, they charge you a fuel surcharge. You will get hit with $50 to $100 hundred a pay period in back charge. Management wants to beat you down on every invoice. They demand things of you that are not included in your contract.

Do yourself a favor. There are too many driving jobs out there. Go somewhere else. You'll be a lot happier. Coworkers that have left are now working for company's that treat them fairly and value their service.
Pros
few to none
Cons
poor pay, poor management, constant stress
Management is the worst. They treat you like you're worthless.
Sorter/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 5, 2019
I worked at Henry Industries for 21 months. They have no appreciation for their employees. I was very hard working. I did more than I should have on a daily basis. It was ok when I first started. When the original owner was still alive. But once the company got a new owner it progressively got worst. Everyone I worked with complained all the time. Management doesn't care anything about the lower level employees. It's all about the money that they're receiving do to everyone's hard work. Management are very unprofessional. They don't know how to talk to people at all. They are extremely rude to contractors and employees. They had two people working in the warehouse when they should have had 4 or 5. I was so overworked that I didn't feel like doing anything after work. The benefits suck. The company is horrible.
Pros
Cons
I barely could take a break. Rude management.
Everyone is depressed, lots of drama, and constant problems and gossip.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 1, 2019
Do I need to say any more? Sadly I have to say the quit ratio for a dispatch position is high. Most employees don't last more than 6 months to a year before quitting and getting fired. Training is not put together well, as in there isn't really a system in place. It's more like school, you know where you have a teacher that keeps talking, and talking with little to no references while you nod your head. This job is very stressful. Some of the people that work there, bless there hearts for working there butts off at such a energy draining job. Every since I've left I've never felt happier. Only work here if you are desperate.
Pros
Hired with little expeirence at a young age. Paid decent for age.
Cons
Poor managment. Skeleton staff. Long stressful days that make you want a cigarette.
Just don’t
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 18, 2019
Highest turn over rate. They fire long term employees over minimal reasons or excuses. If you’re doing something wrong they won’t tell you. They just fire you. They expect you to be perfect but it’s okay when they make mistake or miss a day. They forget you’re human and things happen. Things change constantly and they don’t tell you but they’re convinced they did. Don’t miss a day you’ll forget your whole job. Must be in on their favorites list.
Pros
There aren’t any
Cons
The whole job
Not sure how they get away with shorting drivers all the time???
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2018
All the reviews are correct...this company steals the hard earned money of the contractors. Used to turn in my route sheets like clock work. They would say not on time, lying on miles, didnt do correct stops. Anything and everything to not pay the IC. one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. These boys from Kansas have no Idea how to run a company....sad.
Pros
most prejudice company i have ever worked for.
Cons
If you a man and white they will talk to you....
Stressful, demanding, slave drivers
Lead Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CANovember 25, 2018
I worked for this company for 3 years. There is repeated unpaid route delays, very low pay for the routes, and no benefits. This company does not stand up for the drivers nor back any reasonable requests. Constant mistakes by the shipper which blames drivers for these mistakes.
No communication to the drivers, constant policy changes with no explanation.
I was asked to cut my pay repeatedly, to work multiple nights on call without compensation for being on call, plus they take out money for fuel surcharge when I pay for all expenses.
Finally received an email cancelling my contract with no explanation or warning.
If you value yourself at all do not work for these people.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great people to work with and get another with.
Warehouse sorter (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 18, 2018
Working at Henry Industries was good, the pay was good, the hrs were decent, they had good benefits but I didn't take it because I was another job that had better benefits. The other co-workers we're good to work with and fun to be around.
Money hungry management can’t handle their business
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2018
I am waiting for this company to collapse. They’re constantly short staffed due to turn over, turn over due to poor management, poor training, poor work environment (constant gossip/favoritism/rule bending) and poor benefits.

Yet they think it’s a great idea to grab more business. They can’t handle the business they already have. Staff is overworked and undertrained from top to bottom.

The contractors are treated like dirt, the accounting department is run into the ground, and the dispatchers are stuck in the middle. They would hire a monkey in a suit if he could type, and wonder why long time employees are quitting left and right.

I would not recommend working here if you want to keep your sanity. The pay is decent but not for the amount of work actually required. Business is open 24/7/365 but you don’t get any benefit from working, say, on Christmas, until you’ve been there an entire year.
Pros
Sometimes when management buys snacks for themselves there will be one donut left over
Cons
Poor work environment, lack of communication and training
No Life, Always tried to get their IC's to take dirt
IC Emergency Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 7, 2018
Pharmacy treated Henry IC's unprofessionally, management as well. Henry never stood up for us. People were always cursing and being loud. Routes coming out hours late with multiple errors. I left my contract because 3 months after signing a new route, they reduced the pay for that route by 67%. Nothing was negotiated or discussed with the contractor. Nickel and dime their people. Even charges the IC a fuel cer-charge.
Pros
Own schedule, independent work
Cons
Pay, hostile atmosphere, contract changes without bids.
Great people, horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 10, 2018
Henry is a great company. However, they say they care about you and your family but they don't. They only care about upper management, the only way to get promoted is if you are friends with management. The people that are great in the company are treated like garbage. Some of the managers don't know anything about their position and they make stuff up as they go along. If you want to be micromanaged and have a huge workload piled on you and get no help this is the position for you.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Management in some departments dont know anything.
Great place to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for Henry Industries, Inc. Everyone was very friendly and easy to work with. They provided great benefits! There was always opportunity to grow within the company. Everyone worked together as a team. If it wasn’t for my husbands job making us relocate to another state, I would still be working for this company!
Pros
Good pay, Benefits, great people.
Cons
Fast paced job with friendly office personel
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 23, 2018
Started off as a warehouse hand working partime. Quickly moved to full time then to dispatch position. Is a fast pace environment. Lots to learn. Was an easy job to learn. Sorting boxes and loading and unload trucks all night. Crummy winter Weather was your only enemy.
Its not hard to play tetris all night. Some people found stacking boxes and loading trucks difficult. Was not a job that you could be out of shape doing. Might be a reason some people couldnt handle it
Pros
Lots of excercise, always moving and never bored.