Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Exellent
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAOctober 22, 2018
I loved working here my internship was phenomenal. I loved working closely with my boss and with people, everyday you met someone new with a different experiences.
Community Not for Profit independent hospital
Manager (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 21, 2018
Difficult work culture at present, executive team not cohesive, too many VPs, decreased interaction with staff, no clear direction for future. Organization is expanding hospital, perhaps leadership will change to advance towards active recruitment of talented people, retention efforts for current employees seeking to grow and competitive salaries.
Pros
Geography if living in SCV
Cons
Absence of upward mobility, low salary, executive team in turmoil, financially struggling
nice place to work
EEG Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 9, 2018
it.s pleasant place to work, I learned how to do help with EKG new machine when they needed along with my current EEG job, management is helpful, there always people to listen to the staff need and supplies required, its an easy going environment
Pros
work environment
Cons
no enough hours
Great, community focused hospital in Valencia.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 3, 2018
At home culture with other caregivers involved in teamwork offering great patient service. Understanding management with caregivers who give it their all. Hard-working, deeply caring staff.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Benefit program comparable
Front line staff is great
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 31, 2018
The frontline staff works great as a team. Recent changes in management has made the staff insecure about their future especially when there was layoffs with supportive staff.
Pros
Frontline staff is amazing
Discrimnation & Retaliation
former employee (Former Employee) –  Clinical Laboratory DepartmentAugust 8, 2018
Pervasive discrimination perpetuated by the Clinical Laboratory management against certain group of employees. Employees who speak up get in trouble (e.g. expect RETALIATION of various forms) with the management and NEVER expect Human Resources to help employees resolve the issue/conflict with management because HR never conducts fair investigation of employee's complaints/concerns. UNFAIR hiring practices and career advancement opportunities for certain group of employees despite management's promised to be transparent with their practices. Clinical Laboratory department is great example where WHITE PRIVILEGE exists despite employing professionals of diverse background. CLINICAL LABORATORY NEEDS CHANGES WITH ITS ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP TO RESTORE ITS INTEGRITY.
Pros
Good neighborhood. Impressive mission and vision of the organization
Cons
DO WHAT I SAY and NOT WHAT I DO and your job is SECURED!
great place to work
Clinical RN (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 6, 2018
great place to work, good benefits, offers improvement of skills and education advancement of career and competency , facilities up to date, mgt is considerate with staff.
Pros
small community hospital;
Cons
moved to chicago
Working at Henry Mayo ER
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 30, 2018
I worked at Henry Mayo ER for five years. It’s a great first ER job for an EMT. It’s very easy to grasp ER life in training at Henry Mayo. The staff and management are both excellent. I have no complaints there. The only complaint is about the pay. As far as ERs are concerned, they are below average in my opinion. You have to have your EMT and your phlebotomy to work there. I feel like ERs that require both should compensate at least $20 an hour. They don’t. Or at least when I left they didn’t even come close to that after 5 years of being there. But if you’re willing to take the lower wages, it’s a great place to work. Overall, I was very happy there. To some people, that might be more important then higher wages. You make that decision.
Pros
Excellent management and staff, new modern facilities and equipment
Cons
Pay
I like working at henry mayo hospital.
clinical laboratory scientist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 12, 2018
I needed benefits as F/T but no chances was given .That's why I had F/T job at Lab corp with benefits.I think we need to have a chance to promote for careers.
Pros
good place to work.
Cons
less chance for benefits
stressful
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 11, 2018
This was a very fast pace place of business with the job duties and the type of business it is. It was rarely a break but of course it was a salary to pay a couple of bills.
Pros
sometimes lunches were provided to the staff by the business
Cons
short breaks
Floor Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 7, 2018
I haven't worked there in 10 years but when I was employed there, it was a very nice hospital to work for with good staff and management, I only left because I moved out of state.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJune 26, 2018
every day was extremely busy. learned to work under pressure. management was always around, and ready to assist, if neededstaff always worked well together. hardest part was trauma's and when patients expired. I loves all the staff, and it was very hard to leave.
Pros
great people
team work
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 25, 2018
Most staff are friendly and proactive. Patients are multicultural with good family values. The management allows growth and leadership within the work place.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long drive at work
Fun Intuitive work environment always changing fast paced
Life Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 31, 2018
Fun energetic, environment thats always transforming and actively challenges the mind body and soul.
Meeting new faces, and fun challenges everyday, thats exciting.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Work Life Balance is a must
Environmental Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CA 91355May 20, 2018
I enjoy working here, the management staff is almost always looking out for your well being. I have found it a good place to work, as everyone knows the importance of working as a team.
Stressful environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 17, 2018
A typical day for a Patient Access Rep. in Emergency room department running around with a wow that most likely is not working properly. No matter the time or day there will never be enough staff for the amount of patients you are expected to register before they are discharged. It is an extremely stressful job and to be honest for what they pay hourly IT IS NOT WORTH IT. What a shame. The lowest paying job and on top of your low hourly pay management will always find something to call you. The turnover rate in this department is unbelievable. WOW! I have never seen so many people come and go in less than a year. I was so confused when I first started as to why so many people quit, well it only took a few months to realize you are not appreciated and the fake appreciation speeches you get do not make up for the amount of stress you have to go through here in this department. Save your tears and hard work for a different organization.
Benefits
Workplace discrimination
Lab Professional (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 2, 2018
Lab management discriminates employees based on their national origin from hiring selection up to the time employees are hired. Opportunities for career advancement are mainly reserved to "privileged" employees. HR condones wrongful activities of people of authority and pretends HR is doing something to correct the problem.
Pros
Excellent mission & vision of the hospital
Cons
Low morale
Henry Mayo
Clinical Registered Nurse -Medical-surgical unit (Current Employee) –  Newhall, CAMarch 20, 2018
HMNH is a great place to work. All my colleagues are very helpful and enjoy their responsibility in caring for patients. The hospital is continuously challenging its staff and providing opportunities to grow.
Ok place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMarch 15, 2018
The hospital is good in regards to pt care, team work, and trauma. Unfortunately the turn-over rate in the OR is not good. The manager was very biased and showed obvious favoritism, overlooked policy & procedures when convenient, and lacked experience for the job
Pros
Good Nurses & Doctors
Cons
Insurance was pricey, management was worthless in regards to bad nurses getting reprimanded
Low morale
Emergency Room Trauma Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAMarch 4, 2018
Overall poor marks, poor management, work environment was basically a clickish group unhelpful to newcomers. Do not recommend this to anyone. Glorified trauma center.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low pay.