Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Get your experience don’t get stuck
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMarch 21, 2019
Henry Mayo is a good place to start and get your experience if you’re willing to live with two or three roommates while you look for a job that pays a decent salary. If you have any significant experience the compensation will be much lower than you expect.
There are a lot of good people who work there but in certain areas the environment is toxic.

Good luck
Pros
Co workers are good people
Cons
Low Compensation & favoritism
good place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMarch 13, 2019
Very good place to learn and gain knowledge about nursing program. The co-worker are very supporting with daily tasks, strongly in team work and communication
Pros
strongly in team work and communication
Cons
N/a
Good Place to Work if You are in the Right Department
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMarch 9, 2019
Most days starts with a review of emails, phone messages, canned reports and running reports. From there it is run run run until the day is over.
Working with various departments is easy as most Vice Presidents are easy to approach.
The most difficult part is having management who direct instead of lead. Often this is to disguise their lack of knowledge of the area they direct.
Pros
Small town feel
Cons
Clueless management
decent work
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CADecember 12, 2018
Working for Sodexo required me to pick up all dirty linen and all kinds of trashes for a hospital, because we were an outside company we were paid not by the hospital
Pros
great discounts
Cons
working not for the hospital
Great Place and Great People
Interim Patient Access Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CA 91354December 7, 2018
Wonderful hospital. Administration is very engaged with the staff. Love this place! Everyone is skilled and most employees seem to be very happy to work here!
Great if you become best friends with someone in management
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 27, 2018
Workload is less than other area hospitals but be ready to take a pay cut. If there is any conflict with the patient, management rarely sides with staff even after listening to both sides of the story. Management will give you the schedule you want if you become their best friend. Some units are better than others when it comes to teamwork. OT/PT is contracted out and on the weekends/holidays, it is a skeleton crew.
Pros
Easier workload than other area hospitals
Cons
Pay isn't as much as hospitals in the San Fernando Valley
11 years
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 27, 2018
i enjoy my job very much. i begin on the computer assisting the pharmacist replenish drugs for the patient on the hospital units. i stay 10 hours seven night a week. this is the hardest part of the job being up all night. i love to help the staff with their patients by being on time and greeting them with smile.

i learn something everyday on the job. every pharmacist is his and her best at their task.

the doctors are friendly and enjoy their time here. i have made many friends in my 11 years so far.
Fast paced trauma center
STAFF OPERATING ROOM NURSE (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 11, 2018
Need re organization, has grown too quickly for staff to keep it logically organized. Some departments have a lot of staff turnover so it makes it hard to have a fully knowledgeable staff
Exellent
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAOctober 22, 2018
I loved working here my internship was phenomenal. I loved working closely with my boss and with people, everyday you met someone new with a different experiences.
Community Not for Profit independent hospital
Manager (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 21, 2018
Difficult work culture at present, executive team not cohesive, too many VPs, decreased interaction with staff, no clear direction for future. Organization is expanding hospital, perhaps leadership will change to advance towards active recruitment of talented people, retention efforts for current employees seeking to grow and competitive salaries.
Pros
Geography if living in SCV
Cons
Absence of upward mobility, low salary, executive team in turmoil, financially struggling
nice place to work
EEG Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 9, 2018
it.s pleasant place to work, I learned how to do help with EKG new machine when they needed along with my current EEG job, management is helpful, there always people to listen to the staff need and supplies required, its an easy going environment
Pros
work environment
Cons
no enough hours
Great, community focused hospital in Valencia.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 3, 2018
At home culture with other caregivers involved in teamwork offering great patient service. Understanding management with caregivers who give it their all. Hard-working, deeply caring staff.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Benefit program comparable
It was an ok place to work.
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAOctober 1, 2018
You would get lost in the hospital buildings and old equipment didnt help.But the work environment was delightful and co workers made it fun to be around.
Pros
Cons
Equipment programs old.
Front line staff is great
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 31, 2018
The frontline staff works great as a team. Recent changes in management has made the staff insecure about their future especially when there was layoffs with supportive staff.
Pros
Frontline staff is amazing
Discrimnation & Retaliation
former employee (Former Employee) –  Clinical Laboratory DepartmentAugust 8, 2018
Pervasive discrimination perpetuated by the Clinical Laboratory management against certain group of employees. Employees who speak up get in trouble (e.g. expect RETALIATION of various forms) with the management and NEVER expect Human Resources to help employees resolve the issue/conflict with management because HR never conducts fair investigation of employee's complaints/concerns. UNFAIR hiring practices and career advancement opportunities for certain group of employees despite management's promised to be transparent with their practices. Clinical Laboratory department is great example where WHITE PRIVILEGE exists despite employing professionals of diverse background. CLINICAL LABORATORY NEEDS CHANGES WITH ITS ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP TO RESTORE ITS INTEGRITY.
Pros
Good neighborhood. Impressive mission and vision of the organization
Cons
DO WHAT I SAY and NOT WHAT I DO and your job is SECURED!
great place to work
Clinical RN (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 6, 2018
great place to work, good benefits, offers improvement of skills and education advancement of career and competency , facilities up to date, mgt is considerate with staff.
Pros
small community hospital;
Cons
moved to chicago
Working at Henry Mayo ER
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 30, 2018
I worked at Henry Mayo ER for five years. It’s a great first ER job for an EMT. It’s very easy to grasp ER life in training at Henry Mayo. The staff and management are both excellent. I have no complaints there. The only complaint is about the pay. As far as ERs are concerned, they are below average in my opinion. You have to have your EMT and your phlebotomy to work there. I feel like ERs that require both should compensate at least $20 an hour. They don’t. Or at least when I left they didn’t even come close to that after 5 years of being there. But if you’re willing to take the lower wages, it’s a great place to work. Overall, I was very happy there. To some people, that might be more important then higher wages. You make that decision.
Pros
Excellent management and staff, new modern facilities and equipment
Cons
Pay
I like working at henry mayo hospital.
clinical laboratory scientist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 12, 2018
I needed benefits as F/T but no chances was given .That's why I had F/T job at Lab corp with benefits.I think we need to have a chance to promote for careers.
Pros
good place to work.
Cons
less chance for benefits
stressful
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 11, 2018
This was a very fast pace place of business with the job duties and the type of business it is. It was rarely a break but of course it was a salary to pay a couple of bills.
Pros
sometimes lunches were provided to the staff by the business
Cons
short breaks
Implementing an Interventional Cardiac Program
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 9, 2018
This hospital was a totally different culture than HPMC. Where HPMC had a very diverse culture. The cath lab was not a busy lab in 2011. I do not know the status of the lab now as I have been away from it for 6 years. All in all it was a nice clean hospital with very friendly people.