Henry Schein Animal Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Long hours and poor management
Warehouse Associate/Supervisor/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 29, 2018
I felt as if I lived there. You do not go home until the work is completely finished. It was very long hours, I was underpaid and the management is very poor. He was rude to say the least. I do believe there is new management now though and heard it was different.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No talking at all.
Great work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 20, 2018
Henry Schein is a wonderful place to work. Employees are treated fairly and respected by management. Issues are always addressed directly and promptly. Employees receive great benefits and time off.
Extremely High Turnover with Poor Management
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2018
My peers were excellent to work with, extremely helpful in every way possible. The management however was difficult to work for. Between the highest turnover rate I have ever seen, not enough support on the back end, issues with warehouse mistakes and deliveries, and overall a negative environment when it came to upper management, I loved my career and the doctors and staff I have maintained relationships and friendships with outside of the business environment, however I chose to leave due to the change in business focus and lack of core values, morals, and business ethics. The change took place with new management; focusing only on a quick sale, no relationship building, and NOT what was best for our veterinary doctors or their practice. They took the focus off of longevity and relationship building and pushed it to make a quick sale regardless of the customer needs and relationship. Come to find out from my peers still in the industry, the turnover after I left has increased two-fold.
Pros
Great peer team to work with
Cons
Poor Management, lack of moral values, and high turnover rate
A high turn over rate
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 6, 2018
I worked there 2 yrs I made mistakes but was willing to do the work and learn every machine there. Advancement is how much of a “ teacher pet” you’re willing to be. Management is a circus no respect for outbound team.
Pros
Great bought lunches and you’ll always get OT
Cons
45 min lunches outbound goes in at 10am leaves as late as 11pm
fast paced
Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, MOMay 11, 2018
never have enough head count for the call volume. Its stressful, calls holding long amounts of time, everyone doing their job and everyone elses. Customers consistently upset and no one coming up with a resolution as far as upper management.
Pros
good pay for the poverish area we live in, close to home
Cons
they do not pay as well as they would in other areas, little room for advancement, corp is in another state, along with HR so their is no connection with upper management
Absolutely love this company!
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 30, 2018
Worked for Henry Schein Animal Health as an inside sales rep right out of college and then was promoted to a territory manager. Colleagues and managers are extremely helpful and motivating people. Corporate culture is very ethical and directives are always clear. This is the best company in animal health to work for.
Pros
Management, Compensation/Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Room for advancement, Transparent, Ethical, Culture, Mission, etc
Cons
The inevitable constant change of the industry
It was great while it lasted
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 23, 2018
Huge very structured company. Management carried over from previous job, & continued to be not a good manager. Was able to align with senior coworkers & other managers to get quick accurate advice. Learned to embrace a fast paced, high volume & broad spectrum of daily tasks. Sales & customer service is always priority of course, as it should be.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Very corporate
Good
INBOUND RECEIVING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAApril 14, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at Henry Schein, but the culture has changed. It is not a right path anymore The hours were great. The people I worked with were great.
Being in Distribution is very fast pace
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 8, 2018
.Typical day you see over 7 Vet Hospitals and speak directly with Veterinarians . You education and introduce new drugs and equipment that are the latest to the market.
Terrible Management
Inside Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 21, 2018
Management is overpaid and has their favorites. If you speak up and try to voice your opinion about working environment isn't allowing you to do your job, and you have great ideas on how to correct terrible work environment, you end up with a target on your back. Management doesn't care about staff input or staff moral. Basically do your job and keep your mouth shut type of management mentality.
High volume High Stress
Outbound Sales Rep/Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 17, 2018
work was very fast paced, at times almost too much as hrs on phone were 6-7 in an 8 hr day leaving little time to follow up. Company needs more ISR to handle call volume
Pros
pay and benefits were good
Cons
Too many managers not enough sales people for phones .
Think twice
ISR / INTERNAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Made too much money, gave new accounts to new minimum wage employee's. It was a very stressful 'set up to fail' scenario. I strived to meet my goals, and when I worked and worked to meet them, the next month they would raise the goals to make it absolutely impossible. The local Manager always could NOT be bothered with her door closed. After 18 years of blood sweat and tears, horrid Management prevailed. When an overall team does bad, they do not fire the players, they fire the Coach. Think about it?!
Management change over about a year ago and the quality of the job has gone to the toilet
Senior Team Member (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 30, 2017
This use to be a WONDERFUL company to work for.... After the new senior management team came on, the culture has changed SIGNIFICANTLY. Caring about the customers and valuing the team members has been replaced with back stabbing and corporate climbing. If you chose to apply / work here, good luck watching Mid level managers undercut each other and throw their team members under the bus in an effort to curry favor with the new leadership.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Poor management, unhealthy professional culture, Toxic environment.
HSAH Review
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2017
Henry Schein Animal Health is a fast-paced environment that prides itself on warehouse/heavy equipment safety. A typical work day depends on the department you are apart of. some are more fast-paced than others with reasonable line per hour quotas. Management is very nice, understanding, and fair. The culture is very diverse. learning all the steps involved at your department. what I personally enjoyed the most about the job was the friendly environment HSAH provided.
yea
warehouse associate/dock worker/reciever (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 28, 2017
its an ok place to work if you like to work over time an long days. I would like to work in the office tho....I wish I knew how to apply for the office work that they have...
Pros
nice people
Cons
Stressful with cut throat colleagues.
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 26, 2017
I would not work for this company again. Incumbent reps and management are not welcoming to newcomers at all and management clearly favors those that have worked there for long periods of time at the expense of the newbie.
Benefits
Cons
Management, overall culture.
Receiving Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Is a decent environment or department manager is exceptional always listening to our needs , well organize people person .he fights for our rights. Is always in the look out to new opportunities how to help the team to grow.
Pros
Perfect working hours
Cons
Not enough pay
The worst
Oger filler (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 25, 2017
When hired , no mention of having to work until all work is on truck, In which, is In until 10pm - 1:30am, the pay does not compensate for the work.
Pros
Hr lunch
Cons
Insane hours
Hours are insane, equipment is outdated, layout is dangerous and does not allow for efficiency
Warehouse Associate/Floater (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 14, 2017
Did not receive proper training when began, causing completion of tasks to be very difficulty; some equipment was very dangerous and using it was difficult
Fantastic people, great products and services
Southeast Region Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 26, 2017
Loved the people at HSAH. The company had a complete turnover of nearly all senior management (Executive Team) shortly after my arrival, replaced by Non-Animal Health and/or Non-Distribution members.
Pros
People
Cons
Inexperienced new senior management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Schein Animal Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight