Henry Schein Animal Health Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Working for Henry Schein Animal Health has been a great experience. I was able contribute to the team and participate in implementation of new processes.. There is room for growth, and the compensation and bonuses are great.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Highly respected company
Territory Manager - Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 2, 2019
HSAH is one of the most respected companies in the industry. It's nice to have that reputation behind you as you begin building relationships with your clients.
Physically tiring
Lead Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VANovember 3, 2018
Work was very demanding and the pay was never enough. it was a very unequal work loads. The hardest part of the job was the internal racism. Having holidays off was great.
productive place to work
Inbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2018
Ive worked on the outbound and inbound side of the warehouse. I have learned the ins and outs of my job plus other jobs. Majority of the people I work are great co. workers. Everyone always tries to have a good time while working even if the day is stressful and busy.
Pros
luches are bought for us pretty often, Great benefits. mon- friday job.
a Typical day of work.
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 11, 2018
All right, starting the day I have to know Where we are going to work on each day, I have to learned to use a scanner gun, Also I have learned from other coworkers and how to do the day's orders.
Pros
I have 1 hr. for lunchtime. 15 min for (2) Breaktimes
Cons
Healthcare is provided
Good Job
Butler Animal Health (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IA 50398September 10, 2018
Busy fast paced if you like that.
Picking product so you have to have attention to detail and a quick eye.
They have a team atmosphere
Cross-training for any position
If you are competitive within yourself then this is great work.
Try to beat your picking count
Organized conveyor belt layout routed through product locations for order picking.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 26, 2018
A typical day at work is relaxed and steady. I learned effective teamwork. Management worked efficiently and directed associates in an orderly manner. Culture was neutral. Nothing hard, except on busy Mondays you may need to pick up the pace when work picks up so conveyor belts don't get backed up. Very nice break room and two paid 15 minute breaks to space out the day.
Pros
Plenty of break time. Easy jobs.
Long hours and poor management
Warehouse Associate/Supervisor/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 29, 2018
I felt as if I lived there. You do not go home until the work is completely finished. It was very long hours, I was underpaid and the management is very poor. He was rude to say the least. I do believe there is new management now though and heard it was different.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No talking at all.
A great company to work for
Regulatory & Quality Affairs Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 22, 2018
Their culture is unlike any other workplace I've experienced, which is a good thing! They invest in their people so that there are always fair opportunities for advancement. The workload sometimes got a bit overwhelming but it's an overall a great place to work with some outstanding management.
Great work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 20, 2018
Henry Schein is a wonderful place to work. Employees are treated fairly and respected by management. Issues are always addressed directly and promptly. Employees receive great benefits and time off.
Extremely High Turnover with Poor Management
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2018
My peers were excellent to work with, extremely helpful in every way possible. The management however was difficult to work for. Between the highest turnover rate I have ever seen, not enough support on the back end, issues with warehouse mistakes and deliveries, and overall a negative environment when it came to upper management, I loved my career and the doctors and staff I have maintained relationships and friendships with outside of the business environment, however I chose to leave due to the change in business focus and lack of core values, morals, and business ethics. The change took place with new management; focusing only on a quick sale, no relationship building, and NOT what was best for our veterinary doctors or their practice. They took the focus off of longevity and relationship building and pushed it to make a quick sale regardless of the customer needs and relationship. Come to find out from my peers still in the industry, the turnover after I left has increased two-fold.
Pros
Great peer team to work with
Cons
Poor Management, lack of moral values, and high turnover rate
A high turn over rate
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 6, 2018
I worked there 2 yrs I made mistakes but was willing to do the work and learn every machine there. Advancement is how much of a “ teacher pet” you’re willing to be. Management is a circus no respect for outbound team.
Pros
Great bought lunches and you’ll always get OT
Cons
45 min lunches outbound goes in at 10am leaves as late as 11pm
fast paced
Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, MOMay 11, 2018
never have enough head count for the call volume. Its stressful, calls holding long amounts of time, everyone doing their job and everyone elses. Customers consistently upset and no one coming up with a resolution as far as upper management.
Pros
good pay for the poverish area we live in, close to home
Cons
they do not pay as well as they would in other areas, little room for advancement, corp is in another state, along with HR so their is no connection with upper management
Absolutely love this company!
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 30, 2018
Worked for Henry Schein Animal Health as an inside sales rep right out of college and then was promoted to a territory manager. Colleagues and managers are extremely helpful and motivating people. Corporate culture is very ethical and directives are always clear. This is the best company in animal health to work for.
Pros
Management, Compensation/Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Room for advancement, Transparent, Ethical, Culture, Mission, etc
Cons
The inevitable constant change of the industry
It was great while it lasted
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 23, 2018
Huge very structured company. Management carried over from previous job, & continued to be not a good manager. Was able to align with senior coworkers & other managers to get quick accurate advice. Learned to embrace a fast paced, high volume & broad spectrum of daily tasks. Sales & customer service is always priority of course, as it should be.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Very corporate
Good
INBOUND RECEIVING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAApril 14, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at Henry Schein, but the culture has changed. It is not a right path anymore The hours were great. The people I worked with were great.
Being in Distribution is very fast pace
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 8, 2018
.Typical day you see over 7 Vet Hospitals and speak directly with Veterinarians . You education and introduce new drugs and equipment that are the latest to the market.
Terrible Management
Inside Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 21, 2018
Management is overpaid and has their favorites. If you speak up and try to voice your opinion about working environment isn't allowing you to do your job, and you have great ideas on how to correct terrible work environment, you end up with a target on your back. Management doesn't care about staff input or staff moral. Basically do your job and keep your mouth shut type of management mentality.
High volume High Stress
Outbound Sales Rep/Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 17, 2018
work was very fast paced, at times almost too much as hrs on phone were 6-7 in an 8 hr day leaving little time to follow up. Company needs more ISR to handle call volume
Pros
pay and benefits were good
Cons
Too many managers not enough sales people for phones .
Think twice
ISR / INTERNAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Made too much money, gave new accounts to new minimum wage employee's. It was a very stressful 'set up to fail' scenario. I strived to meet my goals, and when I worked and worked to meet them, the next month they would raise the goals to make it absolutely impossible. The local Manager always could NOT be bothered with her door closed. After 18 years of blood sweat and tears, horrid Management prevailed. When an overall team does bad, they do not fire the players, they fire the Coach. Think about it?!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Schein Animal Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight