Henry Schein Employee Reviews

Good company
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTJanuary 22, 2019
Fun, relaxed place to work with good management, it can be busy, but the work isn’t super hard. You do have to deal with unhappy customers often, but there are resources available to help with escalations.
Positive
Regulatory Affairs Temp (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 21, 2019
Typical day as temp included focusing on mainly one project, however, as I was at the company for a longer period of time they would give me more projects to work on.
Too many Chiefs
Project Manager/ Senior Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2019
At Henry Schein they are top heavy in management and how can someone act as a manager without knowing how or what your job consist of. They bring in to many retail personal to manage technical employees. If you don't negotiate a good salary to start the pay raises are 2% to 3%
Pros
a lot of alone time
Cons
middle management has no clue
Henry schein nice place to work
Bid Analyst/Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 19, 2019
Henry Schein was a relaxed place to work great co workers good managment. Hardest part of the job was a there was always changes the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
alot of turnover
Not a suitable place to work unless you are favored.
Team Schein member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2019
The work place environment was minimal to bad at times. The management was terrible and their methods were sloppy. The only good thing about working there was the paid time off.
Pros
Paid time offf wa
Cons
Way too much favoritism and unbalanced checks in the workplace.
High paced
Executive Assistant to the VP of Equipment Sales (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 16, 2019
The work is a variety of things (which is great) and VERY high paced. The hardest part of my job was getting multiple departments to work cohesively and on a regular basis.
Pros
Great company and people to work with
Cons
Teams needed more passion about their jobs and other employees
Stable company with opportunities for advancement
Sr. Manager, Software Technical Support (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJanuary 14, 2019
A great company to work for with a very good work/life balance. The company is very socially responsible with great community outreach programs. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and promotion. The culture is outstanding!
Pros
Sable company, great culture, socially responsible
Cons
Slow decision process, autonomy could be better
Loved
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2019
It was a very great job everyone got along great lace to grow and move up different trainers to help understand the different cultures constantly made sure there was communication through out the warehouse
Great Company
Former TSM (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Probably the best company i worked for. While the company has its overall agenda as far as client and sales, the company does have a strong emphasis on community and development.
Mediocre at best
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day in my position is working hard and trying to keep up while others talk/gossip. There is a lot of favoritism in my department and management coddles and enables certain employees to continue as they are with no consequences. Other departments are run amazingly and effortlessly while the rest have poor management. And forget about promotions or advancing within. The wrong people are the ones that get those promotions at the expense of others. The most enjoyable thing here would be random events they do for employees, free lunches, special shopping events, etc. The only thing I have learned from working here is that I now know my self worth. I know I'm a better worker than most and I'm not being utilized to my full potential at all because the room for advancement is non-existent for the hard workers. That's because in order for management to look good, the hard workers have to stay put and put on that show daily.
Pros
Benefits Package
Unacceptable behavior
Specialist (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJanuary 7, 2019
A blind eye was turned to actions of those in Sales as long as they produced (read unacceptable behavior at events). Shockingly, HR was aware of those personalities and made excuses. I chose to work elsewhere.

I enjoyed my work. It was a heavy load but that fit my personality. I built trust and was able to make decisions and use budget as a jr employee.
Pros
Health benefits
n/a
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 3, 2019
a typical day at work it was ok no hard work like working for them everybody was nice and easy to get along with I will work for them again if they called me back
nothing
Field Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 1, 2019
this was not a company i liked to work for and would never want to work again. poor management and poor worklife. would never recommend working for this company.
Great Workplace!
Data Scientist Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 27, 2018
Never wasted any time in meetings or pleasantries, very helpful and supportive leadership. Thank you Henry Schein, very cool. Perfect 5/7, would work again.
ok
Service Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 21, 2018
The company has great benefits but most people there have a negative attitude which constantly continues to bring you down, so the morale is poor even though the company is good
Typical Warehouse Job
Replenishment Team Member (Former Employee) –  Denver, PADecember 16, 2018
I worked in the replenishment department moving product from one location to another. It was a good job to work fresh out of high school. Management was always helpful and nice to work for.
Pros
catered meals and door prizes during holidays and special times of the year
stressful & unfair environment, Sales run the company!
Equipment (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CADecember 6, 2018
there is no training, they just throw you into the pit and hope that you stick around. They work off en extremely outdated DOT system. Culture in this place is hostile and aggressive. Company has great benefits and they pay you decent for the area but the lack of good management is making it go down the drain. Has potential to be a thriving business but management un- involved and careless.
Pros
free lunches and good benifits
Cons
poor management
it is ok
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2018
Well it is a good company to work for if you plan to stay working for them for a long time. I have No other comments about Henry Schein since I am no longer employed with them anymore.
Pros
fine
Cons
no idea
So good to work with Henry Schein
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 3, 2018
It is really good company to work with. Nice environment and great culture. With more than 22,000 Team Schein Members serving more than 1 million customers globally, the Company is the world's largest provider of Business, Clinical, Technology and Supply Chain solutions to enhance the efficiency of office-based dental, animal health, and medical practitioners.
Henry Schein
Category Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 30, 2018
Wrote catalogs, course guides and training brochures that enhanced the sales reps’ understanding of complex product features and helped them sell more effectively.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henry Schein. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight