Hensel Phelps Employee Reviews

Good place to work,
Laborer/Operator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 18, 2018
The Job was a good place to work and grow. It was also very safety conscious, daily meeting to talk about safety, we would stretch and talk about the daily tasks and responsibilities. I wanted to learn more
Great
Safety (Current Employee) –  DENVERSeptember 14, 2018
Good company who values their employees and will do everything to make their employees happy. Great safety department and great safety culture amongst their field crews
Hensel phelps is a great company to work for.
Logistics Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2018
Great people with awesome training.trustworthy company. Flexible hours and paid relocation if needed. Great training programs.very respectful management.
great work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2018
Everyone I worked with was welcoming and willing to teach me new things as a new comer into the field. A typical day at work was a busy day with little down time.
C.I.P Continues improvement process. Always taking in new ideas and ways to improve work. Faster, Safer and Efficient!
Laborer 1 (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 15, 2018
Safety was stressed daily. We always stretch before work, the manager would prep you before you start your daily assignments. They give you a layout and inform you of any hazards or requirements. if classes were provided needed, to be sure we were capable of every assignment that was asked to be done. They provided a safe and healthy work environment.
Pros
Safety, Health and Wellness are important! Employees are fed three meals a day while on the job, keeping employee hydrated, provided tools and classes.
Cons
No housing offered for workers.
Employee Owned Company
Project Engineer• Assistant PM (Current Employee) –  Southern VAAugust 6, 2018
Typical day at work consists of safety meeting, and then group meeting to discuss highlights for the day. The hardest part of this position is making the decision to walk away from the desk to grab lunch or leave at the end of the day. There are many tasks that are required from you, and this can sometimes feel bigger than it is. The company is fantastic and tries to be accommodating to your needs.
Very good and nice benefits
Field Engineer/VDC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 5, 2018
Even though the benefits are nice. The job that I am on is under staffed in the field and I wasn't provided any training for my job title. They put you in a job title without consulting that person.
Great managment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 20, 2018
It was a very professional place to work and always accommodating with your schedule. Woul highly recommend for a place to work if your in the construction industry.
Overall Great Company To Work For!
Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2018
Hensel Phelps gives you the tools and opportunities you need to grow as a professional. Great support staff and management as well. Construction hours are long but that is what you sign up for.
Pros
Health Care, Large Projects, Great Support Staff
Cons
Long Hours, Minimal Travel, Inexperienced Personnel
Safety oriented construction company with good benefits
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2018
Safety orientation of activity hazards every morning.
Learned carpenter craft.
Excellent management.
Fast and fun workplace culture, while always maintaining safety as the number one priority.
The hardest part of the job is saying no to overtime.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting paid overtime.
Really good job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, VAMay 1, 2018
Was tough work but I enjoyed waking up to go work for this company. I learned a lot about construction, Its hard work but it really pays good and its honestly just cut for tough people. it was a great great experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is down to work hard and see something so big come together so fast.
Pros
Good pay, Good co-workers
Cons
Just straight up tough work
Cutthroat Environment
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2018
I do not feel like the company stressed a teamwork philosophy and there was a good old boy culture in this company that management to trade as a good thing. I felt that it breed animosity.
Pros
Pay was adequate and they had a great stock ownership program
Cons
The company did not have a team work culture
A very political company
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 20, 2018
I felt I did not belong to the good all boy culture at Hensel Phelps. This is why I left and moved on. I do not believe management did anything to address this.
Pros
Great employee share program
Cons
The company does not have a teamwork culture
I have no comments to write. None
Construction Project Scheduler (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2018
I have no comments to write here that would help anyone reviewing this review. None that concerns working at this company. The work place is close net.
Learning Experience
Civil Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
Good learning experience, but your work must be top notch; or don't think about applying. The environment is filled with intense effort, so all the slackers shine, and they do not put up with it.
A learning evironment
Member of a Union in construction (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2018
We were constructing a prison in corcoran up from the ground on up.We learned construction skills that made us excellent employees.One of the most difficult job was working with concrete.We worked with different people of different culture ,it was very enjoyable.
Great company to work for
PROJECT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 16, 2018
HP was one of the best companies I've worked for. I only wished they had more opportunities in my area so I could apply with them again. It was a contract job so I knew my time with them was limited, but overall it was an amazing experience.
Well organized company with power
Area Superintendents (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 7, 2018
HP is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They have changed their diversity policy, and the racial harassment has seem to fade. They are well orgazinded and everyone is trained the same way, from field engineer up to senior management. A strong company with great benefits, and ran by smart people. Mostly men run this company, but it appears they are evolving since my time there.
Pros
Knowledgeable trainers and staff
Cons
Lacks diversity, and respect across the lines
No quality of life
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 22, 2018
They expect you to work nearly everyday and hours can change in the blink of an eye without notice. They preach quality of life when you interview but its all a lie
hardworkers
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2018
great company lots of hardworking people offer lots of raises easy hiring process they spwend time training their workers and alwasy delivere goood dependable work