Hepaco Employee Reviews

Made me
Enviormental Services (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 9, 2019
This company made me into something from nothing. I learned so much so fast it’s unbelievable! Take everything this company gives you and run with it.
Sucked
HAZMAT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  MobileSeptember 23, 2019
Hours sucked. Sit around the shop unless there's a scheduled job (typical contractor type stuff). Zero opportunity to move up or learn anything unless you're buddies with the supervisor or manager. You can't have a social life. Period. They say you can, but if they call you after hours, you better answer, or expect to get cussed out
Hepaco is a good place to start in the environmental field
Emergency Response Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2019
I had a very good experience working for hepaco I learned a lot working in the environmental field and I show people a lot as they came through the door hopefully I can continue to move forward with the company
Pore managment
Vactor Operator/and waste clean up (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 13, 2019
It's an ok place if you dont mind doin all the work and not getting paid enough for what you do the supervisor was to hiped up and always making me feel stupid he couldn't control his temper and it made me discouraged about my job i worked hard and was always on time .When i first started they forgot to pay me they put my money in somebody else's bank account
Pros
A few team members was good to work with
Cons
Pore manegment and comminication
Fast and slow pace work
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Theodore, ALSeptember 4, 2019
Learned how to deal with all types of chemicals and there properties also how to be a better leader.
The workplace is greats besides the occasional miscommunication between employees
The hardest part about the job is knowing you are worth more than how you get treated
Richmond branch is the BEST!
CDL DRIVER 1 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 2, 2019
Start the day with morning briefing & assignments. handling chemicals proper procedures working as a team. Management SAFETY 1st! Kool vibez. Hardest part is the equipment old vehicles trucks etc.Most enjoyable part the Supervisors and team attitude
Pros
Breakfast 8-10 times, lunch for certain projects
Cons
out of town assignments, on call
Solid environmental company
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2019
Hepaco had originally bought out the company I used to work for and so far they have been a pretty great company. More paid time off (one week upon hire 21 days after the first year)). The compensation is solid and depending on the area there’s quite a bit of local work. You are required to be on call every now and then. The work is hard, dirty, can be dangerous when dealing with certain materials but personally I like that. You can make a difference and help the environment and to me that’s satisfying enough.
Be careful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2019
If you are a good worker you will get no time off as they run there employees in the ground. Management is horrible and equipment is old.
Safety is good as long as you are involved.
Enjoy working for hepaco
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  3645 Oakcliff Rd. Doraville, GA.30340July 7, 2019
Hepaco laboratory Lab Employee were knowledgeable and an Excellent Co workers, even though I have worked at Hepaco for one year and six month my work relation with my manager was excellent. As a lab supervisor,my job requires so many responsibilities such writing all wet chemistry Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) , training lab techs on lab procedures, etc. I wish they do not close the plant. I would have love to work for Hepaco for a long time,
Lot's of opportunities
Field Worker (Current Employee) –  PAJune 7, 2019
I see a lot of opportunities to move up at Hepaco. Management is much better at communication than my last company and i enjoy the people i work with. The Field work is challenging and there is something new every day, but that's what i like about it. Great ER experienced field team, glad to be part of it.
Supervisors are more like babysitters
Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2019
Company overall is fairly good, supervisors are not good , the communication is a joke. Field workers are the last to know about change in work schedule. If your not in the in crowd or clique you don’t get a lot of opportunity.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
Poor supervision, benefits are terrible
Don’t work there
Hazmat Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2019
They promise you a raise doesnt happen, i waited a year and a half and not even a word back. Management was terrible, wouldn’t go back and would hope others wouldn’t either.
Pros
Cons
To many to say
Dont waste your time!!!
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ponte VerdaApril 7, 2019
The job is located in Ponte Vedra not Jacksonville, they tell you they are moving to office place near 95. You work 12hr shifts and cant leave until you have completed all your intake, some people have been there 1-2hrs after shift. They inform you that they are flexible especially overnight and you can do 10hour shifts however when you ask they advise you that maybe this isnt a good fit for you. You have a 4hours shift and when working overnight its normally 2-6am. Management is all men who are rude and unprofessional. You will not get a real training however for the slightest error in your notes you will recieve a nasty unprofessional email. In just 2 months of me working there I've seen over 10 employees leave who were already there prior. They have a high turnover rate and do not rehire quickly and expect for you to handle the workload with little to no positively. The money seems good until you take into consideration the amount of time you waste traveling there. Working at 6pm you have to leave your home between 430-445 if you live on the west or Northside.
Good entry job
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAMarch 27, 2019
Its a great place to start in field and learn while making good money. However you are tied to job with long hours away from home due to travel. Pay was decent due to the surplus of overtime required. You are always on call and are required to travel for sometimes weeks at a time. Hard to balance personal life. Difficult to move up unless position is needed and pay increase is nonexistent unless you know the right people. There was a lot of favoritism with certain individuals because of ties with managers. Great place to gain experience in the field and learn the industry.
Pros
Overtime, work being different from project to project
Cons
Old equipment, Long hours, unfair management, minimal pay increase or promotion regardless of experience or tenure, inexperienced and emotional managers
Busy and energetic workplace
Regional Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my job was speaking with clients and vendors. In all the years of service with the company I was able to continue to learn more about our industry.

HEPACO is a safety oriented company.
Pros
Being able to work with highly qualified individuals in the industry
Cons
Hard to get away from work and not being able to turn it off when at home.
Awful
Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 12, 2019
Really bad management. The hours working there leaves you no free time with family. I was told that I would get time off that I needed for my son and was no given that and heckled about the time I did need off.
Lots of Potential, it is what you make it
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 14, 2019
If you enjoy on call work and a fast paced environment with learning opportunities all around you this is the place for you. A typical day is preparing for any scheduled work you may have if not you are on a scheduled job or going on a emergency response.
Fast paced and fun sometimes but mostly grueling work
Hazmat Driver / Operator / Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 5, 2019
I think if they get rid of certain project managers and get rid of the junk they make you drive and buy newer equipment it might not be a bad place to work.
Pros
On certain jobs you got lunch paid for
Cons
Sometimes you couldn’t take a break for very long periods of time do to the work environment.
Stressful, potential for lots of hours
Environmental professional (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 22, 2019
So I really appreciate that Hepaco hired me. There are good and bad like most workplaces but this one wasn't a good fit for me. Every office is different. You really need to evaluate each one if there are multiple in within your commute. My office was good at putting on a show. You do get free food once in a while too!

First the hours-
If you were apart of a certain click you were taken care of. You would have plenty of hours and can somewhat select the jobs you go on. If you were on their bad side you were grounded for days maybe months. If you want to have a life you can't here. For holidays, depending on the office only certain people get to have those hours.

Oncall-
There is a volunteer list that the managers put you on even if you asked off in advance like 3 months advance and the list isn't out yet, you'll still have to get it covered. And don't worry the list is pointless, they call whom they want to go out even people who aren't on call. I'm pretty sure this list is illegal because you are restricted to 45 min max from the office and they don't pay you unless you get called.

This is a very male dominated company. Women are mainly in the office doing admin stuff. Even if your job is a tech they will still limit you. Not all office, most of them. There is a few inappropriate comments to certain races in some offices, it's worst in others. Also, if you have a family emergency, they are really good at working with you. They can care if they want too!!

Drivers
You will be taken advantage of. You are needed greatly but are still treated badly.
  more... Caution when you apply and are sure you know how to handle yourself. Hepaco is a firm believer in fixing everything. To the point that some equipment is a hazard. It's really bad, even if the shop is making one of the most money for the company.

Training
They supply you with lots of training as long as it's provided by a client.

This big one- money
So each position has a pay range. The fun part is they are cheap for what the workers do. Techs make the least and work the most. Even if you are doing wonderful and everything you do is perfect, you won't get a pay raise.

I hope this helps with some people!
Pros
Stable 40 hrs, very understanding with emergency, a good laugh
Cons
Stressful, children, less pay
Below average firm in a rough industry
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 1, 2018
Treats people very poorly. Does not understand there is a life outside of work. Worked many shifts 24+ hours and was asked to travel for weeks with only a day notice. Short staffed and terrible equipment compared to other environmental remediation firms. You may enjoy this job if you are willing to work extreme hours for overtime pay. The only positive to working at HEPACO was the people. I enjoyed working with a few of my fellow employees. Overall, HEPACO is a below average environmental remediation firm. Would not recommend working here if you have other options.