Heraeus
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Heraeus Employee Reviews

United States202 reviews

Good hours

The job is pretty easy. There are three spots in the stockroom you'll work. All of them can range from slow/relaxed to fast/stressful depending on the day.

Sink or swim: It's all on you to tread

It is very much sink or swim. You are expected to perform as well as a veteran in a month's time. If you show any signs of struggle or "sinking" after your first week, don't expect your coworkers to step in and help you. Insincerity is rampant and after you get swooned by the orientation, the higher ups won't bother to acknowledge you.Wanting to crunch the best numbers they can, operators sometimes even forego safety to boost their performance. I've seen coworkers shamed for reporting an accident due to it affecting everyone's quartely bonus.If you can cut it, great, but if you're the type to need extra time to get your bearings in order, you are in for a rough ride.

Great company to work for

It is an excellent company if you speak German. Great opportunity, management wants you to succeed, is a place that empowers women no matter your skill level.

I worked with some great people. It wasn't even like work, I looked forward to going everyday...

I have to say I liked working at Hereaus, don't get me wrong , some days were complete udder chaos, but most all companies have those days. Heraeus did a lot of fun celebrations. Most employees enjoyed them, whether it was the safety brat fry, open house, or exceeding daily production goals

Pros

The shop employees...

Cons

Extreme favouritism.....

Enjoyed working there

I very much enjoyed working for the company. I would probably still be there if I hadn't been made redundant. It was a great culture and the people were nice.

A Total Mess

Terrible management. Don't care about employees or safety. Messed up completely. Can't get production and quality under control. Lots of angry and frustrated employees. Management doesn't know what it's doing. Priorities change all the time.

Toxic leadership

Very toxic work environment, rife with nepotism, favortism and zero professionalism. No one is held accountable for poor decisions on the management team. Lots of turnover. A huge waste of time working here. Look elsewhere.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Everything.

Good company culture and Human Resources cares about the employees

This is one of the best companies to work for in Gwinnett county. Good pay, hours, benefits and there are people that go above for us everyday. We’ve had employees leave lately during the great resignation because they think there is better out there but almost all end up asking to come back.

Pros

Hr, hours, pay, benefits

Not that great

No work culture to speak of. Just work and get numbers. Individual work over teamwork. Ergonomics were low priority.Manager/Supervisor wasn't seen most of the time.

OK place to work but low wages and high turnover

Work wise, it's pretty easy and mostly light work. Most people here are easy to get along with and willing to help. This company has a high turnover rate, they really feel like a company who does not value or invest in their employees.

Pros

Clean, newer, well-lit facility

Cons

Low wages

Great work place

Its a good place to start a new job and better pay for you and your family and your business and your house holds it a great place to success and to grow in your life as a person and worker who has been a great asset for the company over the years

Pros

Great place

Cons

Hot and hard work

Productive fun with both a ping pong table and a pool table.

Productive and fun workplace with a pool table. 15 min. breaks one in the morning a 30min lunch and a15min. break in the afternoon. Able to travel domestic and over seas. Company paid for all expenses except personal items and alcohol and even paid for passport. Typical day at work come to work on time do your tasks as required and get along with your co-workers, and management will not have any issues with you and your performance reviews will always be fair. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with all giving the best effort and haveing fun in the process.

Pros

Free coffee and donuts every Friday morning.

Cons

Production schedules could be stressful to meet.

Fun Workplace

For starters, it’s a good start. They don’t pay as good as other big companies do. If you are expecting a high pay, this wouldn’t be the best company to stay with long term. Otherwise, the people you work with makes the day go by fast and are willing to help you with things you don’t know. If you want to step into the door of a medical assembly company, start here for experience and go elsewhere for a better pay.

Pros

Understanding supervisors and coworkers. Lots of good benefits

Cons

Not enough pay

Very nice and lots of paid holidays! Work not hard and day flows smoothly. Team meetings and huddles are great each morning so that everyone is on the same page and knows what the priorities are.

Back stabing coworkers

Multiple job positions but coworkers territorial. Low raises, basically only give a low cost of living yearly raises no matter the amount of work that was completed.

Too much drama

I worked here as a temp and my trainer was always talking about me when I made a mistake. She often would laugh and told our lead when I did something wrong instead of correcting. It was honestly childish and they pretty much condoned the bullying. Hardly ever saw my supervisor either, and had no connection to any co-workers.

Pros

Cons

Bullying, drama, gossip, no bonding with other team mates or co workers.

No loyalty towards employees unless you are a favorite

The worst place to work, they have no loyalty to the employee if you are asked to work on a non-scheduled day you better or find a new job. They say you have to work any schedule (which I agreed to) but they never said they can change your 12hr schedule when they feel the need. Oh only if you're a new guy. The favorites get to choose their schedule. Which I agree with but when there is an emergency the new guys pay the price always. They do not give raises yearly or every 2yrs. They said they will work with you and they do not.

Benefits

Cons

Favoritism, no loyalty, can't take a day off unless you find coverage, with a coworker, Raises every 3 to 5yrs, according to senior employees (25yrs making only $25hr In the refinery)

Overall good

It can be stressful, but the people are good and nice. They welcome you in and treat you like family. Some thing could be better but overall it is a good place to work.

A lot of work and under pay!!

Working at Heraeus is a lost cause. Your sent to work at a different building with no training on using any of their software like SAP, SPC/IQS It's seem like learn as you go with out no training. Engineer have no clue what they are doing and always in a meeting. Got to figure out every things on your own it seem like.

Pros

401k match 2.5%

Cons

under pay, people who been working for over 20 years still getting pay as someone who just got hire.

Co-workers are the best

The management system that was in place when I first was hired there was awesome, but as management was revamped an positioned changed in management. The wrong people were in charge of departments that didn't have any idea of how the department should be ran, thus after 5 years of service of employment there I decided to resign from my held position.

Pros

Profit sharing

Cons

Bad management changes

Ok nice place

Ok place to work friendly co workers flexible schedule training classes allow you to always be informed on changes to policies changes and overall company performance

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Quality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heraeus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Heraeus with

• Heraeus
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?