Heraeus Employee Reviews

Very good
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peru, INAugust 18, 2019
Cares about people and training. Great place to work. Very nice benefits. Hourly rate is competitive for area. Under staffed for the work load in plant.
General work
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 17, 2019
Great place to start. Not ideal for a long term career. Good in the beginning but over the years management became strict and started pushing quantity over quality. Low pay for beginners but not enough to live off. Not too much Career advancements.
Collaborative atmosphere within the department worked in.
Customer Service Rep, Acct. Mgr, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 1, 2019
I started at Heraeus when there were less than 90 people. It grew quickly and reached employment of an estimated 500 people in Chandler. Career opportunities for those who worked hard were available. In later years, prior to moving overseas and with downsizing, I was able to retain my employment due to my experience and positive work ethic until the division moved overseas.
Picked up a load of knowledge at Heraeus. I am thankful for that. Good place to work, people are hard working like i am.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 31, 2019
Heraeus is a good company to work with. I was there for 17 years and provided me with a good life. Good benefits, and a 401k.
People were on the same page in my early years. when the economy turned, management changed. Creating uncertainty among departments.
we were all stressed, not knowing if our jobs were safe. Managers moved on, sales people moved. I was lucky enough to be of age to retire.
Profesional place to work.
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 18, 2019
Enjoyed the profession attitude of employees. The benefits are second to none in the industry. Having to take a FMLA leave was helped made easy by the HR department.
Amazing Company
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 6, 2019
Everyone was amazing to work with and all departments got along very well. Management was great and really made you feel like part of the team. This is the kind of company you want to work for the rest of your life. Great culture and they really take good care of their employees.
Pros
Great Management, Great work culture
Cons
None.
A hot mess
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJune 5, 2019
You will see a raise of no more than 40 cents a year. Management fight each other like rabid animals, screw everything up, and then make the production techs pay for their mess. Any self respecting person would stay away from the vandalia, Ohio location. Horrible management and miserable work environment
Pros
Bonus check in March. But will probably take away
Cons
Management. Poor equipment. Lack of support.
Going downhill quickly
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAJune 4, 2019
This was a great company to work for 5 years ago. Recently Management changes have been very concerning and a large layoff took place with no real direction for the remaining employees. If you are looking for employment and an opportunity to learn by fire it’s there. Just don’t expect to have a job long term.
Benefits
Cons
Job security and Management
Great employer
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 24, 2019
Traditional family owned company with roots in Germany, but always open to change that leads to progress. With its many branches worldwide, you are sure to find your niche.
okay for new assemblers
Operator (Current Employee) –  White Bear, MOMay 21, 2019
Work is not too much, depending on area you are put in, pay is a bit low. Raise each year is also very little, average $0.30- $0.40. There are people that does literally nothing and get away with it, and then ones that work their butts off and gets watched like a hawk. Actual jobs are very repetitive.
Pros
free lunches and health benefits
Cons
pay
Excellent place to work at.
Reactor Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 8, 2019
A typical day consists of strong communication lots of multi tasking which includes some labor which I enjoyed. Fact of the matter in my opinion the culture still needs some touching up if you don’t mind kissing up to leads then you should be just fine.
Pros
Decent pay, & benefits
Cons
Training is not efficient
Everyone is against each other
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIApril 28, 2019
Where do I begin? First off, you literally receive little to no training at all. You may be smart at what you do, but you'll get in trouble if you don't dumb yourself down to the point where you need to satisfy the lead or floor manager that someone is "showing" you something. Although there is some perks of working here, most of them are minute and not that great. They claim to have a team environment, when in-fact it's everyone back stabbing everyone else. Also, if you enjoy a place that chooses to have and support favoritism towards their employees than this is the place for you. If you're not liked, you will be ousted and eventually fired or not wanting to work there anymore.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Ac, They have popcorn
Cons
Favoritism, Poor Management, NO training, poor communication between everyone, weird lunch breaks, no sick days, and weird vacation scheduling.
Friendly work environment
R&D Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAApril 7, 2019
I enjoyed working for Heraeus. I learned a lot of mechanical procedures and became accustomed to the routines. I worked under three very flexible scientists that stressed education before work. Unfortunately, the current political atmosphere is causing the solar energy industry to deteriorate, so a job in this specific field is unreliable. Heraeus has their hands in many other industries, so I would recommend those.
Pros
Catering, atmosphere
Great work environment with a solid mission
Manufacturing Engineering Co-op (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMarch 25, 2019
My time as a Manufacturing Engineering co-op for HMC was very enjoyable and thoroughly fulfilling.

A typical day at work would involve a diverse set of challenges and tasks, ranging from data analysis to conducting time studies to designing and testing fixtures for operator use. During my time I learned data analysis techniques, how to deploy lean engineering practices, and how to coordinate cross-functionally with other engineering disciplines to solve problems. Management is approachable and open to coworker input, although I found my direct supervisor was often overworked and I had less access to him than I would have liked. The workplace culture is positive and supportive and I made several friends during my time at HMC. The hardest part of my job was the occasional lack of direction from my supervisor, while the most enjoyable part was the opportunity to tackle a variety of problems and learn new skills from doing so.
Pros
Flexible hours, pleasant coworkers, accessible management
Cons
Lack of attention from supervisor
Ok Place to work
Administrative Assistant & Purshasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dorado Municipio, PRFebruary 28, 2019
I obtain a lot of experienced but the pay was so low for all the responsabilidad. Take too long to give permanency to temp employees. Work culture was so bad.
Pros
They did many development activities
Cons
Pay and work culture
People are very friendly.
QUALITY SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  West Conshohocken, PAFebruary 25, 2019
The people are very friendly. The company provides decent pay and benefits. Some positions you can work at home when the weather is bad. Not enough parking.
I like my job here.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 10, 2019
There is nothing to post about Heraeus. Ive had no bad experiences. I would advise anyone to keep their head down and just do the work with some socializing.
Great Place to work
Process Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2019
Environment is great, salary could be better. Other companies provide bonus to their employees, Heraeus never provides bonuses, which I believe bonuses are always good incentive for any employee.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No bonus
Like many companies they shipped work overseas
Technician (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 27, 2019
Wish they would have kept the functions that we performed at this facility. I liked the team that I worked with. We were able to produce great results.
Good place to work, locally based
Vice President of Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 18, 2019
Good place to work. Locally. Globally it is slow to decide and ever-changing with requirements from new global departments, and audits, always coming.