Herberger's Employee Reviews

They are closing
Associate (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 21, 2018
Herergers is closing do to bankruptcy. I had a poor manager and did not enjoy working there. The pay was poor and my manager was not qualified for her position.
Receiving Manager/Selling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 14, 2018
None Company closed the store. I have nothing more to say about the company since it no longer exists. It was sold in Bankruptcy court. Job was good when I worked there.
Great store with many name brand items!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNMay 13, 2018
Just got the job hoping to stay there for a good couple of years only to realize they were going out of business... It's our towns anchor store to our mall. Sad to see it go so soon..
Pros
many things to choose from.
Cons
going out of business.
My favorite people ever
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 7, 2018
Sadly the parent company ended up in liquidation, but still one of my favorite places I ever worked. You wouldn’t become rich working here, but the people you work with are like family.
fast paced environment...opportunity to advance in company
VISUAL PRESENTATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 5, 2018
Herberger's has been a great place to be employed. I have learned so much about Customer Service, Standards/Disciplines, team work, supply and demand, Management Skills, and Leadership.
I have been fortunate to work in many different stores owned buy the BonTon Corp. I worked full-time in 3 MN Stores, and was recruited to join other store teams to re-model, re-structure and Merchandise.
It has been a great career.
Pros
valued friendships, some travel
Cons
some late nights! as to be expected
I enjoyed selling jewerly and meeting new people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 4, 2018
I work in the Jewelry Dept., which is in the middle of the store. I gave information to any customer that asked where something was or if they could use their coupons.
I sold fine jewelry and warranties that went along with it.
Worked with other Herberger stores.
Completed daily counts on jewelry.
I enjoyed showing the product and the information that I knew about it. I enjoyed talking with customers and making new friends for future sales.
Pros
Sales associates discounts, able to change working dates around.
Cons
Long hours, working on holidays and weekends
Okay place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 4, 2018
Its a fine place to work considering that the stores are going out of business.
Pay was fine,
Great hours,
Flexible,
Discount was also great,
Management were also very friendly
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Great place to grow and be a part of
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 30, 2018
It was awesome I was able to grow and expand during my 27 years, the management and corporate staff have been great. I'm sorry we are closing the community will be lost
Pros
everything
great benefits
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDApril 27, 2018
Company closing otherwise I would continue to work there. Been with the company 11 years. Sad to see that it will no longer be apart of the communities.
inconsistent hours
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 24, 2018
Herbergers did not pay very well and training from immediate supervisor was horrible, no communication from management, returns were no easy to do and not much help
Cons
immediate supervisor was bad
Management sucked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 23, 2018
Worked for them for 5 years and paid lowest wage in the store. Busted my butt doing all the work while everyone else just stood around an chit chat. Upper management has their favorites and if thry dont like you they get rid of you.
was a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 22, 2018
was a great place to work. it was a shame that we had to close so soon. i would have stayed there longer if i had the chance but looks there's nothing else to do but move on.
Great Experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 22, 2018
It was a great place to start at, and coworkers were main part of job. The only main issue was understaffing and being told to sell credit cards to customers. Obviously doesnt matter now, we're bankrupt:)
Herberger's Sale Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 18, 2018
Provide quality customer service. Organize and maintain safe shopping environment. I arranged the sale signs and fold clothes. I also helped customer to find things they were looking for.
High energy with exceptional staff
Shoe Dept. Manager (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 18, 2018
Everyday was a good day there. You always looked forward going to work and seeing everyone. Management was absolutely wonderful. Life long bonds were formed with your co workers
Average
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYApril 15, 2018
Very standard, good place to work.Everyone is held to same standards and it makes for a healthy work environment where one can flourish. Would recommend
realxed work place with big break room
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 15, 2018
i learned how to better approach customers and help them find discounts and inform them of the sales and special offers we have. There was no really hard part of the job but i enjoyed it being close to my home so it was a short walk to work.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
last minute scheduled hours
Good people, bad company
Visual Merchandising Coord (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDApril 12, 2018
Good people, but overall theres a reason this company is struggling to stay alive. Flexible scheduling, but too often tasks were unfairly distributed. Privacy of personal information was a major issue.
Excellent Job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 10, 2018
More than any other job I have previously had, this job is excellent at providing a professional and comfortable atmosphere to it's employees. I find the upper management (for the most part) extremely knowledgeable about everything and eager to provide an inclusive environment where everyone can succeed with effort. The amount of responsibility that comes with this job yet the collaborative nature of it makes this a particularly rewarding experience. The only area for improvement is allowing certain experienced supervisors/employees get away with unprofessional, unkind, or oblivious customer service to some customers, particularly minorities. Also, many of the sales offered are very misleading, and leads to many dismayed customers. However, the management is very engaged and mostly go out of their way welcoming new staff. Great place and I love working here.
Pros
Exciting work environment, friendly staff, long breaks
Cons
Lots of rules, MISLEADING sales
Fun workplace and fast paced just difficult management.
Selling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEApril 10, 2018
A typical day at herbergers is just helping customers and placing merchandise out. Hardest part of the job is having to deal with the management there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herberger's. Our community is ready to answer.