Herc Rentals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stepping stone into the equipment rental industry
Sales and Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2018
Good company to start into the rental industry. New company that is fully independent from Hertz. Many openings posted internal and external. Stick to YOUR plan of advancement.
I was laid off on September 8, 2017. However I do miss my job and enjoyed my co-workers.
Senior Lien Release Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 10, 2018
Although my job was challenging I enjoyed waking up to please my customers with the mechanical lien per their request or to inform them of their account status. I miss working with my co-worker we worked as a team. My supervisor and manager were awesome to work with. The hardest part of this job at times was the research and denying their lien release request. I learned how to prepare mechanical lien by ways of different programs.
Yard Tech
Yard Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2018
Driving and moving all equipment in and out of interior and yard spaces- running safety inspections, maintenance on all equipment. Frequent safety and technical training required
Stressful
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 23, 2018
The work environment was really fast paced and the branch was short staffed which made it difficult to perform. The management had poor management skills.
Do not even apply
Unknown (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 15, 2018
Backstabbing, lying, unprofessional
The company is in complete disarray. Before applying complete searches online for pending law suits, cfo quit, etc.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Needs new management and new direction
Territory Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMarch 27, 2018
Focus on the wrong aspects of sales, they want new accounts instead of revenue.Pay the sales reps horrible salaries, so it is very stressful trying to make it up with commission.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
stressful poor uppe managment
Senior ACR Account Receivable Management (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 8, 2018
i worked for HERC 16 YRS the last 5 yrs upper managment didn't want to deal with the empolyees it was you are luck we let you work here. then they moved office to Florida
Benefits available are better than most.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2018
Long Hours. Management wasn't particularly familiar with the business and had high expectations for the staff at the time. There was a lot of turnover across all areas and levels of the company. The benefits and vacation days were incredible.
not a good company
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLFebruary 23, 2018
This company is always looking for a Payroll Specialist. For the past 2 years I have seen this position available but they do not hire anyone for the position. It's a game for employment record.
Wasting time interviewing candidates when they have no intention to hire anyone.
Pros
near to home
Cons
everything
Company with poor management & absolutely no processes. Stay Away if you can !!!!
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 22, 2018
Constant turnover, you will receive the absolute worst training I have ever seen then held accountable for that training and absolute la k of any processes. The manager doesn't even know how to help you. Complete disarray every day. Lots of backstabbing and your dead in the water unless you sr " one of the buddies". All I can say is stay far away!!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Training, Management, lack of any Processes
Great Opportunity
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVFebruary 18, 2018
More than 20 years of Key Account Management, Inside Sales and Outside Sales experience; managing large industrial accounts throughout West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio and Virginia. A demonstrated track record of exceeding quota and serving customers’ needs.
Horrible upper managment
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 16, 2018
The worse upper management I have ever seen in a decent sized company. If this wasn't such a mechanic driven company they'd be screwed they better go and hug those grease monkeys
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible managment!!!!
Team herc
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLFebruary 5, 2018
Could have been better....working in the IT Department is a mess and it will take years to completely dig themselves out of Hertz.

There are few places to work in SWFLA so it's extremely competitive down here. I am thankful to have had the experiences at HERC that are not often available in SWFLA.
Not recommended
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 3, 2018
Herc Rentals is in disarray. They have poor processes in place from the region and district level, and expect you to make up for it at the branch. No training to speak of, and a very vindictive culture if you are not a local yokel good old boy. Absolutely worst rental house I have worked for.
Pros
Pay on par
Cons
Work environment hostile, no backup from upper mgmt
Toxic Environment
Class B Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Worked at the Savannah Office for 8 montgs and the management was incompetent, mechanics was cut throat didn't work as a team. NO room for advancement not an organized business. Would not recommend anyone one from the military to work for this company cause they have low standards.
Cons
Planned to work at HERC indefinitely.
Lien Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2018
Disappointed after a total of over 20 years with Hertz Corporation and ultimately HERC Rentals, that the HERC corporate offices relocated to Florida. The layoff caused over 150 employees to have to relocate, if offered, or look for other employment.
Pros
Not stressful most of the time.
Cons
Healthcare was expensive, little to no room for advancement.
Poor upper management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Herc Rentals is in disarray. They have poor processes, training and upper management. The pay and benefits seem to be in line but I do not recommend anyone working for this company
Benefits
Herc - Excellent place
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Typical work day consists of checking emails, answering questions concerns of the management team. Team huddle each week, discuss the deliverables for the week.
Pros
Fast paced, challenging
Cons
Pay increases each year.
The company was ok but not management
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLDecember 18, 2017
I got hired as a temp and I was laid off without a valid reason. When I attempt to find out why I was laid, I was told to call my agency and when I called my agency they said Herc changed the position and they weren't even aware.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Lack of training
High Paced Work Environment
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIDecember 11, 2017
HERC is fast paced working environment. Someone in sales must be self motivated to learn on their own and not be afraid to put yourself out there. Must be able to problem solve.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Longs Hours