Herc Rentals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Blind leading the blind.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 21, 2018
This company will stab you in the back and not think twice about it. No loyalty, no support, and no honor. You would be better getting a job at a real rental company, not a company that is aiming to compete with Home Depot Rental division.
Pros
Good, hardworking branch employees
Cons
No support. Management is sitting at behind the controls of a runaway train.
the moral was very low between management and employees
TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 16, 2018
I learned how to operate equipment such as; backhoe's, excavators,wheel loaders,skid steers, boom lifts and dump trucks and water trucks. the hardest part of my job was dealing with incompetence with dispatching. I really enjoy driving and moving from place to place
Pros
discounts on equipment
Cons
healthcare and pay rates
Good time
SALES & OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJuly 12, 2018
Great time working with Herc rentals. I learned a lot about transportation and operations. Which there was a pay raise for coordinators. The cap they put on the bonuses was not fair to the coordinators
Chaotic work environment
Sales/Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJune 24, 2018
This company has a "throw you out to the wolves" attitude when it comes to training. Turnovers for employees (including managers) are high.

This is a very unorganized and chaotic work environment.
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
Training, pay rate versus job expectations
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 19, 2018
After interviews I was told I had the job and had 2 weeks to relocate to Ft. Myers area. I did the relocation out of pocket I might add and then contacted HR about the start date and after many many calls and emails I was told they were going to have a job fair and fill the position from that.
Pros
Cons
Company has no values or ethics be careful .
Great Place to Work
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ponca City, OKJune 19, 2018
Herc Rentals is, overall, a great place to work. The pay and benefits are unmatched to any job I have previously held. The day-to-day activities are never the same and it's fast-paced so it keeps you on your toes.
Corporate Management Needs to be Consistent
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2018
The Management in the Order to Cash office must be more consistent and not fragmented. Come up with a Collections and Credit plan that does not include working 12+ hours a day. Hire the required number of employees to get the job done. Also - Treat all employees with respect, which will reduce the current high turn-over rate.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
used to be good, likely going out of business
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKJune 14, 2018
its a job, good place for a young mechanic to learn equipment before moving to an equipment dealership/manufacturer. your just a number, managers and district managers steal things left and right, fraud is encouraged. poor attitudes are everywhere and lastly communication is terrible.
Pros
its a job
Cons
poor management
Horrible culture and a toxic environment
IT employee (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 12, 2018
The corporate culture at the Field Support Center in Bonita Springs is the worst I've ever experienced in a corporate environment. The environment is toxic, political games between leadership are rampant, there is very little teamwork with unnecessary silos that just protect their own interests. There is a great deal of CYA behavior that does nothing to support improvement to the environment. Turnover is off-the-charts and further exacerbates the cultural issues.

I cannot recommend Herc Rentals to anyone.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Avoid this place
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 27, 2018
Continuous useless meetings with no resolution but to excuse the useless upper management their salary. Heavy upper management turn over. Lots of "Yes sir" mentality. It got to the point where I was amazed on how far from reality upper management was regarding the business.

They are always reacting to changes instead of anticipating or even planning a business forecast. Threw 5 years of my life into that pit.
Pros
The days off
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Toxic environment... stay away !!!!
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 24, 2018
Ask yourself first before applying, why are they always hiring?
Toxic and stressful atmosphere. Very poor management, they hired the soldiers before the managers and by the time the supervisors came along they knew nothing. Meeting all the time and spreadsheets to see the customers account status that at the end you waste your time because there is no resolution. Running reports for everyone to see the customers are not paying but no actions.
Pros
Salary
free coffee
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2018
if you don't already have experience in loading and unloading heavy equipment do not fall for their " we will train you" spill. they don't have any type of training in place
Pros
good pay
Cons
back stabbing coworkers, horrible training
Not such a good place
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 22, 2018
Supervisors all for themselves. Training not very good. Work culture poor. Hardest part of the job not being able to collect. Offsite meetings are good.
Pros
Benifits, 401k plan
Cons
unorginized
Energetic
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2018
Clock-in, set goals, make sure goals are met and clock-out. That I could accomplish my job goals. Manager was helpful. Workplace was full of energy and most of the time fun. The hardest part of the job was trying to get Field help. The most enjoyable part of the job was I knew I could hit my deadlines.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Unhelpful at times
Stepping stone into the equipment rental industry
Sales and Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2018
Good company to start into the rental industry. New company that is fully independent from Hertz. Many openings posted internal and external. Stick to YOUR plan of advancement.
I was laid off on September 8, 2017. However I do miss my job and enjoyed my co-workers.
Senior Lien Release Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 10, 2018
Although my job was challenging I enjoyed waking up to please my customers with the mechanical lien per their request or to inform them of their account status. I miss working with my co-worker we worked as a team. My supervisor and manager were awesome to work with. The hardest part of this job at times was the research and denying their lien release request. I learned how to prepare mechanical lien by ways of different programs.
Yard Tech
Yard Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2018
Driving and moving all equipment in and out of interior and yard spaces- running safety inspections, maintenance on all equipment. Frequent safety and technical training required
Stressful
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 23, 2018
The work environment was really fast paced and the branch was short staffed which made it difficult to perform. The management had poor management skills.
Do not even apply
Unknown (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 15, 2018
Backstabbing, lying, unprofessional
The company is in complete disarray. Before applying complete searches online for pending law suits, cfo quit, etc.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Needs new management and new direction
Territory Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMarch 27, 2018
Focus on the wrong aspects of sales, they want new accounts instead of revenue.Pay the sales reps horrible salaries, so it is very stressful trying to make it up with commission.
Pros
hours
Cons
management