Herc Rentals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terribly led company
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2018
Little or no mission, vision or leadership. No guidance, training, mentoring, coaching, direction or support. Leadership focused on their own growth and satisfaction rather than the growth and promotion support of their people.
Good place
Technician (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 9, 2018
good place to work, fast paced, hardest part was dealing with corporate guidelines that didnt apply to every branch. all in all good place to work at.
A great first job and career
Sales Representative/ Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2018
This was my first Job out of college and it introduced me to the equipment business, which is great. I really enjoyed my time there, however it was so long ago, and the company I think is totally different now, and i don't know enough about it to give an accurate portrait of the current business.
liars
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 31, 2018
Back stabbing, sorry for no good managers and lazy employees that would not do what they were assigned to do. Those that worked the most were punished and those that did the least work were rewarded. The manager at this location was also a thief.
Pros
Cons
worked my butt off for nothing
Mangement is aweful
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
I would strongly discourage anyone from taking a job at his company. The pay scale is terrible, and all management cares about is making money. And any cost they don’t care about their employees. And they put people in power who should never be there.

The north east management team could care less about their team. The average turnover on the team is a year. Promotion are giving based on no merits and favoritism is constantly shown. The level of respect that you show it is disgusting, employees are constantly talk down to you and degraded.

I would highly recommend looking elsewhere as this is a revolving door company terrible management and poor leadership. Strongly discourage you from continue a career here or working at Herc Rentals.

Trust me if you respect yourself take a job with another company. Herc preaches about, “ having a fire in the belly “ . When in reality it is about as profit marginis and how quickly they can get their not about what’s good for the customer or the employees.
Pros
Cons
Sales manager is terrible and treats his employees as if they expendable
Too many managers in the same job
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 30, 2018
I had two VP and I reported to only one. I was responsible for the P&L and the other VP and his team could make deals that I didn't have to approve but was help responsible for ,
Pros
Great Group of people
Cons
No direction
Great leadership and opportunity
Sales and Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2018
this organization offers someone who is willing to put their time and energy into becoming a better person and backs it up with great financial reward.
Pros
stability and opportunity
Cons
can get dirty and stressful at times
great place to work
Lien Clerk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 24, 2018
I high recommend its a great place to work management was excellent everyday was great. there was always room to grow and advance the opportunities were great
good people good place to work
SHOP MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 24, 2018
good place to work benefits over time and paid vacation days hot shop though but overall good job they also train you for job duties that you will preform on the job
Its ok
Sales Representative/ Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2018
I have not worked there in many years and i am sure a lot has changed. While I was there is was a fine place to work. Thats is a good place to work from I recall
Blind leading the blind.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 21, 2018
This company will stab you in the back and not think twice about it. No loyalty, no support, and no honor. You would be better getting a job at a real rental company, not a company that is aiming to compete with Home Depot Rental division.
Pros
Good, hardworking branch employees
Cons
No support. Management is sitting at behind the controls of a runaway train.
the moral was very low between management and employees
TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 16, 2018
I learned how to operate equipment such as; backhoe's, excavators,wheel loaders,skid steers, boom lifts and dump trucks and water trucks. the hardest part of my job was dealing with incompetence with dispatching. I really enjoy driving and moving from place to place
Pros
discounts on equipment
Cons
healthcare and pay rates
Great benefits, work hours, and pay
Lead Sales and Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2018
-Consistent 40-45 hour work weeks
-Great vacation and sick time
-Dealt with logistics, customer service, and interactions with several lines of sales and customer dealings
-Unlimited amounts of responsibilities
-Manager was a micromanager
Pros
Hours, Benefits, and Pay
Cons
Unlimited responsibilites and the Branch Manager
Good time
SALES & OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJuly 12, 2018
Great time working with Herc rentals. I learned a lot about transportation and operations. Which there was a pay raise for coordinators. The cap they put on the bonuses was not fair to the coordinators
Outside Sales Representative
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 5, 2018
Company rented heavy equipment, mainly to construction sites. My training was almost non-existent and I pretty much had to learn "on the job".The management wasn't very involved...just not a good match for me.
Serious and professional workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GAJuly 1, 2018
Overall it was a good company to work for and I was planning on staying and moving up the ladder but when the company split and became HERC Rentals I was not happy with the changes that were made.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Too many managers and daily reports.
Great Place to work with benefits etc
Data Entry Clerk/Disput Resolver/Credits Collector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2018
Our jobs were great to do until we got a new CEO who cut our pay but gave himself a $100,000 raise. Brought in these people from India who couldn't hardly speak English and had us train them, then gave them our jobs. Not appreciated
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No fair that they gave our jobs to cheaper working employees in another country
Potential to be a great company
Management (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 24, 2018
Senior/Executive Management needs an overhaul. Lot of great employees, however Senior Level Management needs to lead with more courage, listen to employees and take quicker actions on resolving issues and supporting management.
Chaotic work environment
Sales/Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJune 24, 2018
This company has a "throw you out to the wolves" attitude when it comes to training. Turnovers for employees (including managers) are high.

This is a very unorganized and chaotic work environment.
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
Training, pay rate versus job expectations
Dont do it!
Branch Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 21, 2018
This branch only cares about themselves not the employees! I felt like a slave doing every job assignment on my own. Manager? Whats that? I WAS the manager. I am so happy I left this workplace.