Herc Rentals Employee Reviews

What a Joke!
Territory Sales Representative-ProSolutions (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 6, 2018
Upper management is clueless! COO trying to mock past performance without the capital or resources.
No training! "Here's your laptop & keys...Go sell!" mentality.
Upper management is a bunch of opportunists that provide a lot of lip service and zero support! Great division between "Core Sales" and "Specialty Sales", and management does nothing to bridge the gap.
Pros
Company Vehicle, Beneifits, and commision
Cons
Management Sucks!
Plenty of Home time
Driver/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 2, 2018
As long as you did your job in a timely and safe manner they were pretty relaxed. Loved that I was able to drive the truck home in the evenings. Wish I would have stayed.
Pros
Good schedule, company truck
Cons
Dispatch needs more training
Herc Rentals
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 28, 2018
I very much enjoyed my time with Herc Rentals, due to untimely medical circumstance, I was forced to take a leave. The company holds great cultural values that aligned with my own personal values. I am finally ready to reenter the workforce and I am looking for a challenge.
Very relaxed atmosphere. Company values its employees.
Regional Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 22, 2018
Working with HERC was a great experience I hope to build on with my next employer by being an influential contributor to the organization, and a student of the industry.
Pros
Cafeteria, Gym, No Weekends, No Nights
Cons
Downsized
Very Diverse Workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 14, 2018
Great place to work with lots of nice benefits. Unfortunately shop shutdown and lost job. Otherwise the staff is great to work with and other shops are nice as well.
Pros
variety of equipment to maintain
Poor Management
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCSeptember 9, 2018
The managers, if you call them that, focus on putting out fires instead of preventing them. They do not appreciate their employees and refuse to compensate them accordingly.
Fast pace work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2018
The moment the phones turn on in the morning it is go go go. The phones never stop ringing. People coming in and out looking for equipment. Management was there to help if they were free but most of the time people felt very overwhelmed.
Great company with lots of opportunity...Poor Management
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 26, 2018
Herc is a great company, with a great vision and senior leadership team. Unfortunately, I went through 3 Managers in 8 months. Our last leadership change saddled me with a Manager that does not believe in my abilities, and finds my personality "too laid back".
Pros
Great benefits. Career advancement. Earning potential. Excellent Senior Leadership
Cons
Consistent direct management. Decision making ability
Fleet Services Coordinator / Product Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 20, 2018
Great place to work. I truly enjoy working here. Looking for new opportunities since I will be relocating. If I could take my current position and work remotely I would.
Sr. Director, Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work and one of the biggest employers in the area. Come in and do good things and you will be recognized. Be aggressive in attacking your work and stay up to date on the leading edge of tools within your area of business, even if the company doesnt have those tools yet.
Pros
Great area of the country and business growth potential
Cons
Young company that has many, many things going on, some not always coordinated which create conflicting priorities
Terribly led company
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2018
Little or no mission, vision or leadership. No guidance, training, mentoring, coaching, direction or support. Leadership focused on their own growth and satisfaction rather than the growth and promotion support of their people.
Good place
Technician (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 9, 2018
good place to work, fast paced, hardest part was dealing with corporate guidelines that didnt apply to every branch. all in all good place to work at.
A great first job and career
Sales Representative/ Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2018
This was my first Job out of college and it introduced me to the equipment business, which is great. I really enjoyed my time there, however it was so long ago, and the company I think is totally different now, and i don't know enough about it to give an accurate portrait of the current business.
liars
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 31, 2018
Back stabbing, sorry for no good managers and lazy employees that would not do what they were assigned to do. Those that worked the most were punished and those that did the least work were rewarded. The manager at this location was also a thief.
Pros
Cons
worked my butt off for nothing
Mangement is aweful
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
I would strongly discourage anyone from taking a job at his company. The pay scale is terrible, and all management cares about is making money. And any cost they don’t care about their employees. And they put people in power who should never be there.

The north east management team could care less about their team. The average turnover on the team is a year. Promotion are giving based on no merits and favoritism is constantly shown. The level of respect that you show it is disgusting, employees are constantly talk down to you and degraded.

I would highly recommend looking elsewhere as this is a revolving door company terrible management and poor leadership. Strongly discourage you from continue a career here or working at Herc Rentals.

Trust me if you respect yourself take a job with another company. Herc preaches about, “ having a fire in the belly “ . When in reality it is about as profit marginis and how quickly they can get their not about what’s good for the customer or the employees.
Pros
Cons
Sales manager is terrible and treats his employees as if they expendable
Too many managers in the same job
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 30, 2018
I had two VP and I reported to only one. I was responsible for the P&L and the other VP and his team could make deals that I didn't have to approve but was help responsible for ,
Pros
Great Group of people
Cons
No direction
Great leadership and opportunity
Sales and Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2018
this organization offers someone who is willing to put their time and energy into becoming a better person and backs it up with great financial reward.
Pros
stability and opportunity
Cons
can get dirty and stressful at times
great place to work
Lien Clerk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 24, 2018
I high recommend its a great place to work management was excellent everyday was great. there was always room to grow and advance the opportunities were great
good people good place to work
SHOP MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 24, 2018
good place to work benefits over time and paid vacation days hot shop though but overall good job they also train you for job duties that you will preform on the job
Its ok
Sales Representative/ Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2018
I have not worked there in many years and i am sure a lot has changed. While I was there is was a fine place to work. Thats is a good place to work from I recall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herc Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.