Hercules Living Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
One person can ruin a whole team
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 15, 2018
This was a good work environment for a period of time but after a new supervisor started he made it confrontational and hostile. The onsite management was always nice and we never had any issues and got along just fine. After realizing that the supervisor was not going anywhere and neither was my career at Hercules living I moved on.
Pros
working outside on nice days and getting to know residents
Cons
My supervisor was on a power trip
Previous Service
service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2018
Great Benefits! Good Pay!

Hercules buys and sells properties all the time and corporate will not give you any information. We were told we would be interviewed during a current sale, that there was great possibility to remain with the new company and within only weeks of the closing date, we had to reach out to HR for answers. It took threatening the entire staff leaving to get answers, only to find out that we were not going to be kept with the new company. We all had just a couple weeks to find new positions. Very disappointed, on how Hercules handled the sale, I understand it is business, however they did not look out for the employees instead looking out for their pockets.
Productive Work Team
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Browns Summit, NCJuly 11, 2018
I have been with Hercules for 1 year and 3 months today. I enjoy coming to work everyday. Our work is very appreciated. We are learning new things all the time. My manager is great and gives us much credit for what we do. Our company is very proactive in us staying abreast of all Fair Housing Laws. Education is key in this business. I enjoyed this company very much.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Pay could be better
Stressful/Unfair
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 21, 2018
Management very money hungry and not compassionate toward any situation that arised. It was always about getting the money. No team work whatsoever. I have worked in property management for years but after working for this company, I decided to change my profession. Turning apartments in a timely manner was nearly impossible, because everything had to be approved through corporate before a decision could be made.
Previous Property Manager
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 10, 2018
Property management is a stressful field to work in but when you are limited in staff and not receiving support from upper management it makes it hard.
Pros
you do the hiring
Cons
low pay, inconsistent, unethical
Don't apply
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJanuary 4, 2018
Don't apply. The company is so cheap they make it impossible to get your bonus. The management company breaks fair housing all the time and doesn't care.
Great Culture / Atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  VAOctober 20, 2017
A great company that is growing and defining their culture. Expectations are clear as well as the vision. They strive for excellence and expect a lot from their employees, as do most employers. However, they do take the time to recognize your achievements as a lot of management companies don't.
If your not looking to put fourth much effort or base your effort on your pay rate, you should probably do some self reflecting before applying for any job.
Pros
Systems / tools for success, fun work environment, customer focused
Cons
starting pay competitive, but on the low side of competitive
Ok place, not so great management
Leasing Specialist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 26, 2017
Stressful environment. The work isnt hard, but the upper management expects a lot of effort and work load for a bare minimum pay. They do not have enough staff to cover all the work so that the office can run smoothly.
Horrible company to work for
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 24, 2017
Hercules is a horrible company to work for. Management is corrupt and property managers are sleeping with residents. Regionals are not doing their job and go against fair housing. High turn over rate!
Hercules Living
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
Hercules Living Management is company based solely on micromanagement and poor property management. They neglect the most important aspect of this industry which is the residents. They have a high turnover rate and most of the reviews that I have read on Indeed are people that work in Virginia where the corporate office is located.
Pros
Salary and training
Cons
High turnover, micro management and resident neglect
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 6, 2016
I love working with Hercules. This company truly cares about its employees and residents alike. It's awesome promoting a company that truly cares about its values, and being great at what they do. My co-workers are fantastic, and they're my favorite part of this job.
Pros
Great Company Culture, Awesome Benefits
GREAT Place To Work
Payroll/HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 29, 2016
Working here truly feels like I am working with family. This is a close nit growing company that values employees.

I enjoy interacting with my fellow coworkers at corporate and at all of the properties on a daily basis.

I love coming to work each and every day!
Opportunities & Company Growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 29, 2016
Hercules has provided me with many opportunities over the years. I have witnessed the companies growth and continue to do so. Great company to work for to excel within your Career!
Pros
Great...Work Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hercules Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight