Herff Jones, LLC Employee Reviews

Work Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2018
Had the pleasure with working with such an amazing manager she was always nice to me and understanding in my times of need. She was always flexible with my schooling and work-life balance.
Improvements are Slow
Art Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSNovember 12, 2018
There are tangible attempts at improving the company culture and general moral, but they are slow going. The 401K has been in a sad state for years, and might see improvements in 2020, maybe. There has been a definite shift in the last two years to embrace time and frustration saving technologies, but the willingness to pay the right people to do the job correctly seems to be lacking. This is really a tech driven printing company, and management seems slow to realize that.
Pros
Job Security
Benefits
Very cliquey
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2018
I worked as a collector for 5 months. When I was sent to interview it was for A/R but was put in the credit dept instead. That was fine, i went with the flow. At my 3 month mark, i started asking about getting hired. I was given excuse after excuse. I had been offered a supervisor position at 2 months, so I know it wasn't my performance.
My supervisor was in and out of the office do to health reasons, so my longest conversation with her was my interview.
I felt like an outsider the whole time I was there.
I received a call from the temp agency this past Tuesday stating not to return, that they had to end my assignment. They started someone told my supervisor I was talking about a gun and made people nervous. For the record, I NEVER mentioned a gun to anyone and replayed every conversation I had that day and there wasn't any that could have been misunderstood so if it was said, someone out and out lied.
They also stated I had become increasingly aggressive with the customers in the past week. That also was not true. I made the mistake of upsetting a rep.
If they had an issue with my performance, they should have talked to me instead of lying because I was pushing to get hired permanently.
Overall, Herff Jones the company is probably a nice place to work and some of the people are nice but if you don't fit in right away, you never will.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lying, backstabbing, poor management
Great place to work, family type atmoshphere
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 5, 2018
I was in customer service on an incoming customer service line for the company's small book yearbook plant. I had assigned regions and sales reps whose schools I was the plant contact for customer service. In addition, I had to monitor and reply to incoming emails as well and communicate needed information to other departments within the plant.
Used to have lots of opportunities prior to dissolving the ESOP.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2018
Once the company sold and was no longer an ESOP, the culture drastically changed. New owners, management were only out to save money, and no consideration of dedicated employee owners.
The warehouse was great to work in however the time I worked in the plant was not great! They do pay well and have decent benefits
Specialty warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Arcola, ILNovember 1, 2018
Working in the front Was like being in high school again it was very clicky and if they didn’t like you they would pick on your work and give you a hard time ! In the warehouse it was the complete opposite the management was amazing it was very relaxed and everyone got along!
Dont work there
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46268October 26, 2018
Job is easy the problem is the managers and everybody incharge including HR. They have their favorite people. If you have an accident they dont care. Just don't work there
Great Staff
IT Input Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSOctober 16, 2018
Staff worked well with one another
Typical day consisted of data entry and review, filing and interacting with co-workers.
Management was easy to speak with.
Hardest part of the job was shorter lunch time than I was previously used to.
Pros
Good Work Environment
Cons
Short lunch
Stressful and juvenile workplace burdened by gossip, bad attitudes, and favoritism.
Order Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2018
In the Fine Papers department, the upper management has an achievable and sufficient vision for what the image of the company should be. The issue is the middle management is unprofessional and bias making inappropriate comments about their employees’ lifestyles and personal choices while giving other personnel advantages not made available to the entire department lowering the morale of the group as a whole and sabotaging the companies vision for greater productivity. The employees themselves work against excelling the company approaching the workload with negative mindsets, spreading rumor and animosity towards one-another, and selfish intentions. Accountability for mistakes is often misdirected with blame unfairly falling on the Order Manager position for issues caused by Account Managers and the varying QA departments not providing or understanding entirely the guidelines and information needed to successfully process customer orders. Even the tools and programs provided to perform everyday tasks prove inadequate with the network system operating slow-paced, faulty, or suddenly shutting down entirely while the unorganized and irresponsible handling of customer information and file management causes confusion, stress, and loss of business on the account of late deliveries, damaged product, invoice discrepancies, and inaccuracy of orders. The rightfully damaged perception of the company also caused difficulty for the upper management in filling multiple vacant middle management positions due to the difficulties and shortcomings of the staff.
Pros
Flexibility in operation hours.
Cons
The culture and negativity of the employees, inadequacy of middle management.
great place to work if you are looking for temporary employment
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 28, 2018
I loved working there, but due to down sizing my position was relocated. Its a great place to work if you are just looking for seasonal employment. Many Temps return as I did every year during peak season.
Pros
good pay
Cons
fast pace
nice place to work for.
Machine Operator/ Production (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2018
its not a bad place to work at. I enjoy the work at Herff Jones. I just need more money. if I had more money I would not be looking for more employment.
Pros
nice enviroment to work
Cons
401k is very bad
dont work here
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
If you are a graphic design, dont work here. This place is a joke, You have to worry about points (if you come a min late or just taking a PTO day you get points). You are all was stressed everyday when you go to work.
Flexible hours. Pay and mileage reimbursement low
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 17, 2018
Hours are flexible but pay and reimbursement for mileage is low. Great co-workers . Employment is part-time and follows county school calendar. I would recommend this job for mothers with small children or retirees.
Pros
Part-time, flexible hours
Cons
A lot of wear and tear on personal vehicle
Good local mgmt/bad corporate support
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 14, 2018
Corporate very slow to respond to needs at Plant locations. Local management very good. Much turnover at Corporate level. New corporate values preached but they don't apply to every employee.
Great place to work with mix of new and old.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 11, 2018
I love it here. The management team is great. They go out of their way to speak with us everyday and keep us informed of what is going on. Those that do their job well are recognized for the work they do. It's a breath of fresh air from years before the current group when you never heard how you were doing or poor behavior was accepted. There are some old timers that don't like change, but most people here really love it and that's why they stay.
fun experience
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 17, 2018
Fast paced and detail oriented job. Good supervisor and helpful, but was also by the book. Enjoyed working with with co-workers and line leads. the hardest part of the job was quality check and palletizing boxes.
Bindery Worker (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSJuly 16, 2018
Herff is a great place to work and has such a great staff and environment. Only thing I would say I dislike is that there aren't very many openings for a full time; year around position very often.
Productive and Fun work place.
Production and Inventory Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2018
The work culture is good. Management are open to creative suggestions. Some department needs tech upgrades to work accurately. Opportunity to get trained for a new role is allowed.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Break room needs Upgrade
Productive workplace. Good work environment. Very high corporate reputation.
Sales representative for corporate awards division (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2018
Enjoyed the work environment and management team. Made great efforts to help develop the division. A very positive work experience. High compensation and hard work with a team that appreciated everyone's input.
Pros
High potential compensation.
Cons
Industry follower, not a leader in new concepts.
Traveling was the best part
Regional Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2018
Traveling and working with reps was the best part. Was able to create great relationships that helped me do my job. The culture could have been better but it all changed when we were bought.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herff Jones, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight