Herington Municipal Hospital Employee Reviews

Corrupt management. Does not follow state laws
Employee (Former Employee) –  Herington, KSSeptember 12, 2018
Nepotism runs strong in this organization. If you correct management or stand up for what is right, you will be belittled or targeted until you are pushed out. Everything is fine if you follow everything they say even if it is morally, or legally wrong.

If you follow the correct grievance procedures, you are still wrong because this is a good old boys club. Good luck going anywhere in this company if you are not a part of the club.

Employees are worked to the bone. Contracts are not followed, very high turnover.
Pros
Local
Cons
Nepotism, low pay, hectic schedules, extreme workload
Small Hospital Environment
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Herington, KSJune 1, 2018
I loved working here for the most part. I got to know the patients being that it's located in a small community. For the most part everyone was friendly and willing to help but there are those that just put on a front. The work day varies from busy to slow. On-call can also vary. The hardest part of the job is trying to get help from management. I was a new supervisor and when would have issues I needed help with, I never really got it. They would say they would help but I felt like I was just brushed under the rug.
Pros
Small setting, get to know the patients
Cons
sometimes long hours, little help from management
Only certain people would help me out, when I needed it.
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Herington, KSMay 14, 2018
Management wasn't all on the same page. Too many discrepancies in what CNA's could & couldn't do. Some CNA's that were new to the job, started out at a higher rate of pay & the ones that were there longer didn't get the raises they deserved.
Pros
It was fun to work with those whom were willing to help out.
Cons
Too many changes in Director's of Nursing, raises were few & far between & very little recognition for a job well done.
Great coworkers
X-Ray/CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Herington, KSApril 29, 2018
I enjoyed working with the ladies in radiology. They are a fun bunch and willing to work with you if you need time off even if it's last minute. I only left because the opportunity to learn MRI opened at another facility.
Pros
great staff, nurses, doctors
Great Place to work competitive wages
Analyst and Release of Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Herington, KSJuly 27, 2017
Loved my Job there. My boss made it enjoyable to work. Allowed me to assist with other areas instead of sitting around when I completed my job. Would highly recommend this place.
A working place that is small in size but you get to learn a lot in your field.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Herington, KSOctober 19, 2015
its pretty busy for a small hospital. My job is not just limited to processing specimens but to also do phlebotomy, qc and machine trouble shooting. I have also have to take a turn for being an oncall person.
Pros
people are nice to work with
Cons
health insurance is not that good.
great people to work with
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Herington, KSAugust 10, 2014
learned a lot about the business side to a large retailer, did a lot of work with cash office and A/P and A/R.
Pros
learned lots of new things
Cons
working hours