Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Begin a CAREER.
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  VariousJune 22, 2018
A lot of the people that don’t make it here or are those just looking for the next job. They don’t take the time or invest the effort to develop themselves into their role. Those that do, are very successful within the company. Those that don’t, seem to find a way to blame the company for their shortcomings.

Excellent benefits, retirement, stock purchase options, paid time off, advancement opportunities, the list of great things goes on.

The company’s values are based on top level service of the existing customers, as well as giving all Route Sales & Service Reps incentives to sign up new customers and grow the business. The reps in the company that can adopt and share the values HCC offers, and again, put in the effort to develop themselves into their position, are the ones making well over $75k per year.
Pros
Great income, advancement, job security, honest company to work for.
Cons
Hours can be long at times, company has grown exponentially and is still adapting to being a large company.
Terrible Work Environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 19, 2018
There is a hostile and confrontational management style at this company. Management personnel raise their voice and criticize employees in public where everyone can hear the verbal abuse.

The Vice President of Operations and Engineering is vile and corrupt and is subject to outside influence..
Pros
Cons
Evil environment
Theres better options then this
SSR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock texasApril 14, 2018
Manger will literally drive you insane from start to finish... control freak... you make 300 base pay a week plus some commision... look elsewhere .... job could be ok if management was better...very unorganized routes...I could continue on and on about the negatives... I highly recommend you don't waste your time unless your a follower and don't mind someone attempting to control you. Keep this in mind if you choose to work here, no matter what you attempt to try and change to make your job easier and more efficient, the manager will make sure he changes it back to his way NO MATTER WHAT! Consider your options.
Pros
Benefits THATS IT!!
Cons
To many to list
Was lied to
Route Sales Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 13, 2018
I moved to have this job, and was told I would get a specific amount of money per week, and it was wrong. But working 12 hours I still never made that amount. All of my accounts had dropped off being that they had not been seen over a year.
I feel the amount of work and hours you do, does not match your compensation.
productive and great environment to work
Filter Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 30, 2018
A typical work day for me would be to access the plant for any hazards that would enable me from doing my job. Then I start the system. The most enjoyable part of my job would be learning how to brake down the system, how to test chemicals, working as a team. One of the hardest parts of the job was to learn as fast as I had to. The culture of the job was like a family. I enjoyed the management team as they treated me like family and gave much respect.
Loved this job
Sales and Service Representative/driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 3, 2018
This was probably the best company I have ever worked for the pay was good you got a weekly salary pay plus commission off everything you did the bad thing was 0% tolerance for accidents
Pros
Money
payed the bills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2018
No advancement opportunities at a local level. Lower level turnover is high due to poor management. Most equipment is in need of repair but will not be taken out of service due to sales quotas.
Loved Working there
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2019
Crystal Clean was the best jo have had now that I look back. They care for the employees enough to give you uniform and boot allowance twice a year, PTO coming straight in the door. Miss it and would go back if they had a location here in Orlando.
Pros
Excellent Job
Cons
Poor communication between supervisors and material handler
I was wrongfully terminated because management believed a part time employee over the branch manager.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2018
You can't trust management what I mean is they do not get both sides of the store or ask all employees that are involved they just terminate you no matter how well you do for the company.
Not a well "oiled" machine
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 11, 2018
No training, poor organization, no room for improvement. Management only concerned for themselves & not for the well being of their employees. Only up side was the Christmas party.
Lack of resources
Operations Supervisor/Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Speedway, INJune 26, 2017
The company is primarily sales based and can not speak accurately about that portion of the company. The Indianapolis ReRefinery suffers from a lack of resources. The site is held to the same standards as a normal refinery however does not have the manning in the operations and supervision that those other facilities have. To compound the issues the unit is shut down far more frequently then a normal refinery further stressing the available manpower. The Refinery was built with little forethought that is multiple valves and isolation points that should have been installed during original construction were not adding to the cost and complexity of the shutdowns.

The operations management team does care for their employees and does what they can to develop their operators but there is little room for advancement. The pay is decent for the area however for similar work in a refinery for a major company the salary is 50% more. This can lead to a high turnover.
Pros
Generous with company lunches
Cons
Long hours and seems all recognition goes to the sales department
Provides waste removal service but sales is the bottom line
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seward, PAJune 18, 2018
The company provides waste removal/disposal services, but sales, not customer service, is the ultimate priority. Problems that arise are fixed, not solved, quickly and cheaply, though top sales/service reps and upper management get an all-inclusive trip to Cancun every year. IT is almost useless - phone calls not returned, service tickets not finished.
Oil sales service rep
Oil Sales Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 17, 2017
It's not a bad place to work manager is fair do your job have a brain and work hard he don't bother you. Medical is great ,good time off I do more driving than work which is perfectly fine with me. Average day start at 6 am sometimes earlier but very rare.
Get to meet good people through the day
Hook hoses ,climb ladder ,take samples, offloading all really easy work hardest part is dealing with other drivers on the road
Pros
Benefits, free boots & uniforms
Cons
Winter time
Fun and productive
Oil Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 24, 2018
Great atmosphere I got to work with a great group of people also helped customers to take care of the service they needed to get done at the time of day .
Must be clean shaven
Oil (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 18, 2018
I was excited to work here until I started getting reprimanded for not having a smooth face. No facial hair allowed and they send you home for not shaving a 5 o’clock shadow.
Pros
Meh
Great company to work for
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springtown, TX 76082December 17, 2017
Great Company, great employees, boss and HR are easy to work with. Enjoy my coworkers. Benefits are awesome, insurance, 401k, trucks and equipment are great too.
Great Employer
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 18, 2018
Great Employer, great pay scale and a good company to work for. hoping to get back in there as soon as I can. I recommend to anyone who is interested in getting ahead in their career.
Poor Management
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 12, 2018
Awful company that makes its profit margins by cutting wages and screwing customers. Corporate environment is abusive to employees. There is constant stress to perform and even when quotas are met, it isn't good enough. Employees discouraged to use time off that is earned. Vacation blackout periods.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Hours, Stress
Grow business, secure new account, and maintain current accounts
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 17, 2013
if you are with the right "click" you are golden and will never do any wrong no matter how bad you suck. You can be the top in sales in the company and someone will find a way to skrew you. Its all about what you did today, who you know and who you blow!
Pros
pay, freedom, benefits
Cons
some upper management, make policies up as the day goes, family works to close together in the company and to much gossip with in the company
If the upper Management doesn't like you, you will be gone!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2018
If you bow down to the Regional manage and the regional VP and if you have the right lastname and are willing to take all the "stuff" they give you will have a good time at this company but never and i mean never double cross them you will be out of a job so fast your head will spin.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.