Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC Employee Reviews

Positive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 7, 2019
I received proper training. I was responsible for producing and maintaining receiving and shipping documents. I also performed other various office duties.
Don’t do it.
Ossr (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 29, 2019
I’d rather die then to work there again. The manager had to many higher ups saving his rear end. They didn’t care about your safety. They tell you no texting and driving but then the manager there did it all the time. I worked a 14 hour shift and was told I had to drive 200 miles to go pick up another truck and bring it back. I was already out of hours on the iPhone they give you. Know what they did? He handed me a log book and said well now you are covered. I refused. He also called people bad words to their faces and said don’t like what I say, well there’s the door. Also was told he would fire me if I kept smoking cigarettes. He got mad bc only HR could send you home or fire you. I don’t appreciate any managers putting there hands on me and I don’t appreciate the higher ups just swept it under the bridge. Must be nice to be friends with the Vice President of the company. Must have 5 ‘o clock shadow. There is no pros to this company. I wonder how long it is before they take my review off
(Yet Again). SAVE YOURSELF FROM THIS COMPANY. they STILL OWE ME $700 for reimbursements for my license.
Pros
Got along great with customers.
Cons
Everything else
Would never advise anybody to work here
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 25, 2019
With so much jobs here in Wisconsin there is no reason for anyone to work here you will end up leaving before you receive your first paycheck. Stay away.
Pros
Poor mngmt
Cons
Lack of training
Can be a fun job but the manager at your branch plays a big part in that.
Vacuum Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Freeland, MIApril 10, 2019
Great starter career to get into if you are a people person and enjoy selling services and products to customers. Can be stressful at time and the quotas very much there every period. This company is a growth company and they expect a lot from their representatives. Theres a lot of responsibility but there’s also satisfaction in serving a customer and meeting their needs. Definitely not a job for someone who is not self motivated. Pay is base+commission and sometimes dips up and down.
Pros
Decent pay for no college degree, will pay to train and get you your cdl, pay guarantee when you first start, sign in bonus, 401k match and pto right away.
Cons
Managers aren’t that great sometimes, pay is commission so if you’re not motivated by money stay away, sales quotas can be hard to hit at time.
job was fun
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2019
I would have enjoyed working there if the pay had been better. The hours were long but the job was easy. The company had a big turnover due to the pay. Tried telling management the problem.
Quality environmental company.
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2019
Several options available for advancement. Established management culture with unlimited quality professionals who literally established the business from beginning.
Pros
Daytime work shift.
Cons
Monthly inventory requirement.
Company that promotes from within
Branch Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILFebruary 10, 2019
This is a great company to work for that promotes from within. It is a professional place with a balance of work and time off. Stresses teamwork within the Department.
enjoyable environment, rewarding results
SSR (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 27, 2019
the harder you work the more you make. they reward you for the effort you put in. great opportunity for advancement and opportunity for income growth. very rewarding.
The company offers an excellent benefits package
Sr HR Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 18, 2019
The company success is driven by sales, and generously rewards the sales and management team. It's unfortunate senior management does not recognize or offer a rewards program for the non-sales mid-management team, which would reduce turnover and improve moral.
Pros
Top notch benefits
Cons
Lack of Recognition or Reward program of mid-management employees
Loved Working there
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2019
Crystal Clean was the best jo have had now that I look back. They care for the employees enough to give you uniform and boot allowance twice a year, PTO coming straight in the door. Miss it and would go back if they had a location here in Orlando.
Pros
Excellent Job
Cons
Poor communication between supervisors and material handler
Fun and productive
Oil Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 24, 2018
Great atmosphere I got to work with a great group of people also helped customers to take care of the service they needed to get done at the time of day .
Must be clean shaven
Oil (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 18, 2018
I was excited to work here until I started getting reprimanded for not having a smooth face. No facial hair allowed and they send you home for not shaving a 5 o’clock shadow.
Pros
Meh
Not a well "oiled" machine
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 11, 2018
No training, poor organization, no room for improvement. Management only concerned for themselves & not for the well being of their employees. Only up side was the Christmas party.
I was wrongfully terminated because management believed a part time employee over the branch manager.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2018
You can't trust management what I mean is they do not get both sides of the store or ask all employees that are involved they just terminate you no matter how well you do for the company.
payed the bills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2018
No advancement opportunities at a local level. Lower level turnover is high due to poor management. Most equipment is in need of repair but will not be taken out of service due to sales quotas.
productive and great environment to work
Filter Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 30, 2018
A typical work day for me would be to access the plant for any hazards that would enable me from doing my job. Then I start the system. The most enjoyable part of my job would be learning how to brake down the system, how to test chemicals, working as a team. One of the hardest parts of the job was to learn as fast as I had to. The culture of the job was like a family. I enjoyed the management team as they treated me like family and gave much respect.
Excellent Place to Begin a CAREER.
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  VariousJune 22, 2018
A lot of the people that don’t make it here or are those just looking for the next job. They don’t take the time or invest the effort to develop themselves into their role. Those that do, are very successful within the company. Those that don’t, seem to find a way to blame the company for their shortcomings.

Excellent benefits, retirement, stock purchase options, paid time off, advancement opportunities, the list of great things goes on.

The company’s values are based on top level service of the existing customers, as well as giving all Route Sales & Service Reps incentives to sign up new customers and grow the business. The reps in the company that can adopt and share the values HCC offers, and again, put in the effort to develop themselves into their position, are the ones making well over $75k per year.
Pros
Great income, advancement, job security, honest company to work for.
Cons
Hours can be long at times, company has grown exponentially and is still adapting to being a large company.
Terrible Work Environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 19, 2018
There is a hostile and confrontational management style at this company. Management personnel raise their voice and criticize employees in public where everyone can hear the verbal abuse.

The Vice President of Operations and Engineering is vile and corrupt and is subject to outside influence..
Pros
Cons
Evil environment
Provides waste removal service but sales is the bottom line
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seward, PAJune 18, 2018
The company provides waste removal/disposal services, but sales, not customer service, is the ultimate priority. Problems that arise are fixed, not solved, quickly and cheaply, though top sales/service reps and upper management get an all-inclusive trip to Cancun every year. IT is almost useless - phone calls not returned, service tickets not finished.
Was lied to
Route Sales Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 13, 2018
I moved to have this job, and was told I would get a specific amount of money per week, and it was wrong. But working 12 hours I still never made that amount. All of my accounts had dropped off being that they had not been seen over a year.
I feel the amount of work and hours you do, does not match your compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.